Chapter 1

Six Weeks till Forever

Jeonghan groaned and slammed his head on the keyboard of his laptop. He was supposed to finish a 30-page short story for his Creative Writing class by Monday, but he was on page 13 and completely drained of ideas. 

Trying to distract himself, he loooked around the campus cafe he was currently working in. He had come earlier than normal and grabbed a sweet window booth, but now, all the late-morning students and couples had filled up every last table. 

"Excuse me," a deep voice said to his left. 

Jeonghan looked up and blanched.

The guy was gorgeous.  He was wearing a graphic gray t-shirt showcasing some band, a black leather jeacket, and black jeans with rips a little too high on the thigh. His black hair was hanging shaggily in his coffee-colored eyes, and mutiple studs and bars ran through his left ear. 

Choi Seunghceol. The campus crush. 

"What do you want?" Jeonghan sighed. 

"Can I sit down? There's no other open seats." 

"No," Jeonghan replied. "Why should I let you?" 

Seungcheol slammed his hand on the table next to Jeonghan's, their pinkies brushing. Jeonghan resisted the urge to move his hand and instead stared defiantly up at the elder. Seungcheol smirked and leaned down, his lips brushing against the shell of Jeonghan's ear. "If you don't let me sit down, I will tell the right people the wrong things about you. And trust me, I don't think you want people to know about your, shall we say, clothing choices." 

Jeonghan swallowed thickly. "Fine." 

He expected Seungcheol to sit down across from him, but the elder plopped down right next to him, their thighs pressed together. With a disconteneted grumble, Jeonghan tried to scoot over, but Seungcheol merely followed. 

"Do you need something?" Jeonghan asked sourly, absentmindedly typing the same three letters on the page over and over again: fml. 

"As a matter of fact, yes," Seungcheol replied. 

"Okay," Jeonghan said. "Shoot." 

"Well, i broke up with my ex-girlfriend maybe a month and a half ago, but she's still chasing ater me. I need a way to get her off my back." 

"I don't see how this affects me," Jeonghan replied, holding the backspace button to delete the continuation of fml. 

"You're single," Seungcheol stated. Jeonghan's ears burned. 

"How do you know?" He snapped. 

"Well, are you?" Seunghceol asked. 

"Yeah," Jeonghan mumbled. 

"There you go. You're also easily the most attractive single male on campus, besides me." 

Jeonghan scoffed. "Have you seen Choi Minki?" 

"Are you that blind?" Seungcheol muttered. "Choi Minki started daring Aron Kwak a few weeks ago." 

Jeonghan felt himself blush. "Oh." 

"Anyway, as I was saying, you're easily the most attractive single male on campus, and I'm looking for a way to get my ex off my back. So i have a proposition for you." 

Jeonghan had a feeling he knew where this was going.

"If you pretend to be my boyfriend for say, six weeks, then your secrets stay, well, secret." Seungcheol had a smug look on his face, as if he knew that Jeonghan couldn't refuse. And he couldn't. Not unless he wanted the entire capmus to know that he wore girls' underwear. 

It was a long story involving his best friend Mingyu, Mingyu's little sister Minseo, and a very interesting game of truth or dare. 

"Fine," Jeonghan grumbled. "Six weeks and then it's off, okay?" 

"Aboely," Seungcheol agreed, then with a flourish, the campus crush was up and walking away, calling," I'll pick you up at six!" over his shoulder.

Jeonghan suddenly became very aware of every set of eyes in the cafe on him. Growling to himself, he slammed his laptop shut and shoved it in his bag before hurrying out of the coffee shop. 

 

It was a quarter till six and Jeonghan was running around his disaster of a room trying to decide what to wear while his roommate, his best friend, his best friend's boyfriend and his best friend's little sister sat on his bed watching him. 

"What's the big deal, Hannie?" Mingyu asked, his long fingers curled loosely around his phone. "Just half an hour ago you were fuming about this whole situation." 

"I don't want to look like trash," he replied, pulling a grey button-up off and replacing it with a navy sweater. 

"Hannie, you couldn't look like trash if you tried," Minseo said standing up and stretching her long arms. "Anyway, I'm off. Me and the girls are going to enjoy our Friday and go to a club." 

"Be careful," Mingyu siad, offering his cheek for a kiss from his sister. 

"Hey," Mingyu's boyfriend Wonwoo protested. "I'm the only one who can kiss Mingyu." 

"Don't worry babe," Mingyu repkied kissing Wonwoo's cheek. "You get the rest of me." 

"Ugh, barf," Jeonghan's roommate Junhui groaned, flopping on his back. "You two are disgusting." 

Jeonghan scoffed. "It's not like you and Minghao were any better." Jun stilled. Jeonghan winced. "Sorry."

Just then, there was a loud knock on the door of their apartment. 

"Bet you Wonwoo that's him," Mingyu said, double tapping something on his phone. Wonwoo plucked it out of his grip and threw it in Jeonghan's disastrous closet. 

"Well, don't leave him waiting out side our door, go!" Junhui said, shooing him away. Jeonghan rolled his eyes and stepped out of his room, darting to the door. 

Choi Seunghceol. There he was, leaning against the doorway, looking smug, as usual. His coffee eyes scoured Jeonghan's  smaller form. "Not bad. For a Journalism major." 

Jeonghan scowled. "How do you even know that?" 

Seungcheol shrugged, examining his fingernails. "I have my sources." 

The first person to pop into Jeonghan's head was Jun. His roommate was a huge gossip, and if coughing up some private iinfo got him more time with the Choi Seungcheol, nobody's secrets were safe. 

Jeonghan just sighed. "Whatever. Give me a few minutes, I'm almost ready." He held the door open for Seungcheol and the elder entered. Leaving him standing in the middle of his apartment, Jeonghan darted into the bathroom. After briefly assessing his appearance in the mirror, he decided to leave his long blonde hair down. He normally didn't wear makeup, but for whatever reason, he felt like being fake. 

After enhancing his appearance with some of Junhui's foundation and eyeshadow, Jeonghan quickly checked over his appearance. Deeming himself worthy to go out in public, he exited the bathroom. Junhui, Mingyu and Wonwoo had all migrated to Jun's room at some point, and Jeonghan was thankful that they had saved the embarrassment for another time. 

He came out to see Seungcheol looking at a photograph collage hanging above the couch. He coughed to let the elder know that he was there. 

"Who took these?" Seungcheol asked. 

"Er, I did," Jeonghan replied awkwardly. Seungcheol turned to face him. 

"I thought you were a Jounalism major."

"I am," Jeonghan replied, grabbing his phone and keys from the counter. "Photography is kind of a side hobby of mine." Seungcheol hummed in response then moved toward the door. 

"Let's go, we're going to be late." 

Jeonghan took a second to survey the apartment. It was a tad messy due to Jun's feminine break-up habits, but other than a pile of blankets, a box of tissues and an empty carton of ice-cream that was starting to smell, everything was more or less in place. 

He followed Seungcheol out of his apartment and locked the door behind them. 

"So?" He asked, leading the elder towards the stairs. "What's the plan?"

"A movie," was Seungcheol's reply. 

"That's it?" Jeonghan asked looking at the campus crush oddly. 

"Well, its a Movie in the Park, so you're gonna have to really act, but yeah." 

Jeonghan scowled. "Great." 

"Hey, I didn't force you to agree to this," Seungcheol said as they decended the stairs. 

"You kinda did," Jeonghan replied. "Is blackmail how you always get people to do what you want?" 

"No. My natural charms aide in that as well." Seungcheol had a smug look on his face. Again. 

"The only charm that you have is the charm to make people hate you," Jeonghan scoffed. 

"You know, maybe I made a mistake choosing you," Seungcheol mused, entering the apartment lobby. Jeonghan was too distracted with hate thoughts to notice the door swinging into his face. Cursing and shoving it away, Jeonghan hurried after him. 

"I'm thinking that as well," Jeonghan grumbled, following Seungcheol out of the lobby. 

He stopped. 

Seunghceol had walked over a shining black car that looked more expensive than Jeonghan's college tuition. 

"Is that," he said, pointing to the car, "yours?" 

"Yep," Seungcheol replied, holding the passenger side door open. "Get in." 

Carefully, Jeonghan obliged, warily climbing into the car. Seungcheol shut his door and walked around to his side, carelessly slamming his door. 

"How much did this cost?" Jeonghan breathed, skimming his hands along the seat. 

"Dunno. It was a gift from my parents." 

Of course. Choi Seungcheol, the rich kid. 

But the way Seungcheol spoke about it made Jeonghan fume. It was as if the car had no worth. He would give anything for something this nice. 

"It seems like you don't care that you have somehting like this," Jeonghan said. 

Seungcheol shrugged. "It's not like I can't just buy another one." 

"Are you serious?" Jeonghan burst, twisting in his seat to face the elder. Seungcheol glanced at him before calmly stopping at a red light. 

"What?" 

"This car probably cost more than my life, why can't you just be grateful that you even own something like this, instead of treating it like something that doesn't even matter!" Jeonghan was vaguely aware that the car was moving again, and that he had messed up his hair, but he didn't care. 

"Jeonghan," Seungcheol said quietly. Suddenly afraid that he had made the elder mad, Jeonghan shrank down. 

"What?" 

"I am grateful. My parents bought this for me as a college gift. Yes, I do care about it, but it's not like I can't buy another one." Seungcheol's voice was deep and calm, and Jeognhan found himself at a loss for words. He sank back into his seat and curled his arms around himself. In the silence, he took a moment to really look at Seungcheol for the first time that night. He was once again wearing his leather jacket, but with a plain dark blue shirt and regular black jeans. Instead of ear monstrosities protruding from his left ear, there were two simple studs, one black and one diamond. His hair was gelled instead of hangily shaggily in his coffee-colored eyes, and all in all, he looked much more like a school idol than some bad boy, which Jeonghan could tell he prefered. Secretly, Jeonghan thought he looked better like this. 

"Stop looking at me." 

Jeonghan jumped at Seungcheol's deep voice. "Sorry." 

They sat in silence for the rest of the car ride. 

The next time Seungcheol spoke was when he parked the car. "We're here." 

"No, really?" Jeonghan retorted, then stilled directly after, not sure how Seungcheol would respond. 

"Let's go, we're going to miss the movie." 

"What are we watching anyway?" Jeonghan asked, climbing out of Seungcheol's car. 

"Some horror movie," Seungcheol replied. Jeonghan tensed. 

"O-oh, really?" 

"Yeah." Seungcheol didn't catch on to Jeonghan's tension. He hated horror movies. The elder went around to the trunk and pulled out a lawn blanket and a small lunchbox. "Come on." 

Wrapping his arms around himself, Jeonghan trailed after Seungcheol. After 5 seconds of this, Seungcheol stopped and turned to face Jeonghan.

"You know, if you want people to think we're dating, you're going to have to make an effort," Seungcheol told him.  

"But I don't want people to think we're dating," Jeonghan replied. 

"Unless you want everyone to know your secret, I think you do want people to think we're dating." And with that, Seunghceol intertwined their fingers and began to drag him to the screening area. 

Feeling heat rise into his cheeks, Jeonghan said, "Do you have to hold my hand?" 

"Yes, unless-" 

"Okay, okay, I get it." He let Seungcheol drag him between the couples sitting on the park lawn. 

"There she is," Seungcheol whispered his ear, spreading out the lawn blanket ond subtly jerking his head in the direction of a blonde skinny girl glaring at Jeonghan a little ways away. 

"She looks just your type," Jeonghan said, helping Seungcheol with the blanket. "Fake." 

"Don't act like you know me," Seungcheol said, his boice deepening dangerously. Jeonghan quieted. 

The elder sat down on the blanket amd patted the space next him. Tentatively, Jeonghan aproached him, then yelped as Seungcheol lashed out and grabbed his wrist, pulling him down into him. 

"Act like you're having a good time," Seungcheol murmured in his ear. 

"Yeah, okay," Jeonghan replied, then pulled out a smile and leaned back, playfully shoving Seungcheol's chest. The elder laughed and held out an arm, beckoning Jeonghan to lean against him. Going along with the act, he curled up against Seungcheol's side. The elder s his arm around Jeonghan's shoulder and rubbed his arm. 

"It's working. I can feel her eyes trying to burn me with the fires of Hell." 

Jeonghan rolled his eyes. "You're so dramatic." But in all honesty, his back was prickling from the harsh glares of Seungcheol's ex. 

"It's true. She's a demon." 

Jeonghan snorted out a laugh, causing the people around them to hiss out a sharp, "Shh!" Thankful that the darkness hid his blush, Jeonghan shifted uncomfortably. Seunghceol chuckled. 

"You don't like attention, do you?" the elder asked. 

"No, I hate it. I prefer the quiet sidelines. Another reason I hate our situation." Jeonghan shivered against the chill of night. 

"Are you cold?" Seungcheol hummed in his ear.

"A little," Jeonghan replied. "I forgot to bring a jacket." 

"Here." Jeonghan glanced up and saw that Seungcheol was shrugging off his leather jacket. He reached around Jeonghan and draped it around his shoulders. "That better?" 

Blinking, Jeonghan replied, "Uh, yeah, thanks." 

Seungcheol smirked down at him. "What's with that face? You're not falling for me, are you?" He teased. 

Jeonghan shoved him. "You wish." Seungcheol just laughed and kissed Jeonghan's cheek. 

"Keep it up," he whispered. Jeonghan nodded and leaned back into the elder. 

The rest of the night went just like that, untill, you know, the horror of the horror movie started up. Jeonghan hated horror movies. They always freaked him out. Whenever he could sense something was about to happen, he would shamefully tuck his head into Seungcheol's shoulder so he didn't have to embarrass himself by screaming. 

Seungcheol chuckled as Jeonghan missed a cue and was startled, quickly hiding his face in Seungcheol's chest. "Are you scared?" He teased. 

"S-shut up," Jeonghan mumbled. "This is your fault for choosing a horror movie." 

"Are you kiding, horror movies are great for dates. Stuff like this happenes, and then you have to calm your date down and they fall for the sweetness and the gentle caring side as well." 

"Do you even have a caring side?" Jeonghan retorted, coming out of Seungcheol's broad chest and quirking an eyebrow. Seungcheol cast him an annoyed look. 

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. But I doubt you're ever going to see it."

Jeonghan rolled his eyes and went back to tentatively watching the movie. Just then, he remembered the lunchbox. 

"Hey Seungcheol," he murmured. "What's in the lunchbox?" 

"Hmm? Oh, sandwhiches. I didn't know if you'd eaten." 

At that exact moment, Jeonghan's stomach growled. "Shhh!" Everyone hissed. Jeonghan hid his face in his hands. Chuckling, Seungcheol leaned forward and snagged the lunchbox. 

"I'll take that as a no. Here." Seungcheol held up a sandwich. 

"What's on it?" Jeonghan asked suspiciously. 

"Uh, ham, cheese, lettuce and tomato, I think," the elder replied, looking at the food. 

"You think?" 

"I didn't make them," he defended. "Here try it." 

Jeonghan rolled his eyes and took a bite out of the sandwich in Seungcheol's hand. He chewed it slowly and thoughtfully, then nodded. "Not bad. Was there mayonaisse?"

"Probably," Seungcheol replied, setting down the sandwich. He reached towards Jeonghan's face, but naturally, the blond leaned back. "Oh, relax. I'm not trying to kiss you." Seungcheol reached forward and wiped a bit of mayo from the corner of Jeonghan's mouth. "There." 

"I couldv'e done that myself," Jeonghan grumbled. 

"I know." 

Jeonghan glanced at Seungcheol but the older was happily eating the rest of Jeonghan's sandwich. That idiot, he thought, before remebering the act and leaning his head against Seungcheol's shoulder. Seungcheol patted his head and set the sandwich down, turning his attention back to the movie. 

And so it went. Jeonghan managed to make it through the rest of the movie with out screaming or having a heart attack, and before he knew it, he was back in Seungcheol's million-dollar (probably) car on his way home. 

"I gotta admit," Seungcheol said as they entered the lobby. "You're acting's not bad. Choosing you was definitely a good choice for this." 

Jeonghan sighed. "I hate this agreement," he grumbled, tiredly climbing the stairs. 

Seungcheol hummed. "I'm not totally proud if this either, but it should work. And remember. You're only a part of this for six weeks, no need to think I'm going to force you to marry me." 

"Oh god, don't even joke about that!" Jeonghan cried, coming to his floor. Seungcheol stuck his nose in the air. 

"I personally think that I would be a great husband," he sniffed. 

"Well, now I know how egotistical you are," Jeonghan muttered, unlocking his door. 

Before he had time to do anything, Seungcheol had him pressed against the now closed door of Jeonghan's apartment. 

"What are you doing?" He asked the elder shakily. 

"What couples normally do," he replied. 

"I don't think we qualify as a normal couple," Jeonghan breathed, trying not to look at Seungcheol's lips. 

"Maybe not," Seungcheol hummed. "But we're still a couple. And people need to know that." 

Without warning, Seungcheol's lips were on Jeonghan's. His eyes widened and he tried to back up, but he was already against the door. He did not want this, he did not agree to this. And yet, some small part of him thought, oh what the hell Jeonghan, there's a gorgeous guy kissing you, do something!  As much as he hated himself for thinking that, Jeonghan gave in. Seungcheol sensed his submission and smirked against Jeonghan's lips before his tongue darted out and swept along his lower lip. Jeonghan let his lips part, instinct taking over. Their mouths were locked together in a heated mess, and Jeonghan allowed himself to indulge. He tangled his fingers in Seungcheol's glossy back hair, surprised at how soft it was. Seungcheol fingers slipped between the blond strands behind his neck, tugging slightly. The elder bit down on Jeonghan's lower lip and he moaned, breaking away. They stood there, bodies pressed together, hair a mess, short breaths mixing together. Seungcheol barely allowed himself time to breath before he lowered his lips to Jeonghan's neck and proceded to a hickey onto the skin. 

"There," the elder said, pleased with himself. "Now everone knows you're mine." 

"Cause that's what I always wanted," Jeonghan retorted sarcastically, combing his fingeres through his hair. "Please tell me that what just hapened," he let a finger drift bewteen them slowly," is not going to happen again. Cause I would rather it not." 

"I make no promises," Seungcheol replied, an arrogant smirk on his face. 

Jeonghan rolled his eyes and grabbed the doorknob, opening the door. "Whatever. Just get out before I throw somehting at you." 

Seungcheol chuckled. "Fierce. I could go for that." 

"Get out!" Jeonghan snapped. 

"Okay, okay, I'm going. See ya tomorrow, Angel," Seungcheol said with a cocky wink, then disappeared down the hall. 

Jeonghan sighed and combed back his hair before throwing his keys on the counter and slipping off his shoes. He was heading down the hall when he heard something from Jun's room. Hearing things from the princess's chambers wasn't unusual (Jun liked to bring home guys on the weekends), but these weren't the normal sounds of love. These were the sounds of heartbreak. 

Jun was crying. And Jeonghan knew who for. 

Jun had been in a relationship with a really sweet guy, Xu Minghao. They were in love. It was so ovbious. But Jun had always been a bit of a flirt. Minghao had gotten fed up always wayching Junhui flirt with other guys, so in a fit of rage, the young chinese student had broken up with Jun. That had been around a month ago, and Jun was still getting over it. 

Jeonghan contemplated going in to check on his roommate, but he was exhausted. With a sad look at Jun's door, he headed into his own room and quickly changed out of his clothes. He washed off the makeup he had put on previously and practically fell onto his bed. Sighing, he stared up at the cieling for a while. 

Choi Seungcheol, he thought. Oh jeez, what have I agreed to?

 

 

 

 Hey guys, what's up, seventeenfangirl here with a new fanfic! Please comment and subscribe, it woukd mean the world to me!!! If you haven't already, please go read my oher fanfic called Into You. It would mean alot to me!! Enjoy is new fic guys!! Love ya' awesome nerds!!