Chapter 13

Six Weeks till Forever

Jeonghan was currently sitting in the waiting room of a Swiss hospital. How did he get there? Well, let's see. 

They had been taking on a black diamond, when Seungcheol and Vernon thought it would be a good idea to go cross-country snowboarding, if that was even a thing. 

Vernon ran into a tree. He broke his arm. 

Seungcheol was currently trying to communicate with the Swiss nurse about seeing his cousin, but she wasn't having any of it. 

Jeonghan sighed and rubbed his forehead. He had been doing good, you know? It had been his third black since coming to the Alps, and he hadn't fallen today. And then his thick-headed boyfriend had to do something stupid that could've gotten Vernon killed. 

"WHERE IS HE?!" 

Jeonghan jumped in his seat as Seungkwan hurtled through the doors of the hospital, looked crazed. 

"WHERE'S VERNON?!" 

Jeonghan jumped up and hurried towards the freshman. "We can't see him right now, Boo." 

He was thoroughly scared when Seungkwan began to shake. "EXCUSE ME? THAT IS MY BOYFRIEND WE'RE TALKING ABOUT, I'M SEEING HIM!" 

Jeonghan sent Seungcheol a look that he knew translated to pressing a panic button. His boyfriend excused himself fom the Swiss lady at the counter and came over to help Seungkwan calm down. 

"Please tell me it's not bad," Seungkwan whispered, still shaking. His mom instincts kicking in, Jeonghan wrapped his arms around the freshman and kissed his head.

"He's fine, Boo. It's just a broken arm, he's okay." 

Seungkwan sniffed and nodded. Jeonghan rocked their bodies back and forth as Seungcheol rubbed the freshman's back. "I'm doing what I can." 

Jeonghan shot him a grateful look which his boyfriend returned with a wry smile. Seungcheol went back to the counter to see what he could do while Jeonghan led Seungkwan over to a chair. He sent a quick text to Jihoon and Soonyoung telling them what had happened, then shut off his phone and continued to comfort Seungkwan. 

It seemed like forever before Seungcheol came over. Seungkwan lept up like an eager puppy and followed impatiently as a nurse led them to Vernon's room. 

As soon as the door was opened, Seungkwan flew in and kissed Vernon, taking the younger by surprise. 

"Boo, what--" 

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING YOU UNDERGROWN HORSERADISH?!" Seungkwan yelled. 

Vernon blinked. "What?" 

"You could've gotten yourself killed, I was so worried about you!!" 

Vernon's face broke into a smile. "You were?" 

"Well duh," Seungkwan drawled. "What kind of boyfriend would I be if I wasn't?" 

A sly look came into Vernon's face. "So you admit you're my boyfriend now?" 

Seungkwan scoffed. "Please, we all know you're my boyfriend." 

The two both laughed. Jeonghan smiled, feeling proud. 

Then a sinking feeling of dread settled in his stomach. They had to deal with an injured Vernon for the rest of the week. 

Peachy.

 

/    /    /

 

 

Jeoghan sighed as he settled onto the ski lift next to Soonyoung. Somehow he and Jihoon had switched places. 

"So how's Jihoon?" Jeonghan asked. 

Soonyoung coughed. "What?" 

"Oh please, Soonyoung, he may keep it on the down-low, but you're pretty obvious. How is he?" Jeonghan nudged his friend and looked at him out of the corner of his eye.

Soonyoung shifted. "He's fine. He's really enjoying himself here on the slopes. He loves his studio at the campus, but I can tell he misses this. It's been such a long time since he went skiing." 

Jeonghan smiled as Soonyoung talked. "Our little Strawberry really is something special, huh?" 

Soonyoung grinned softly. "He really is." 

Jeonghan was gonna say something else, but he was practically shoved off the lift by Soonyoung. He hadn't been paying attention, and they had reached the top of the slope. He cursed as his skis tangled painfully. 

"Oh , sorry Hannie!" Soonyoung cried, pushing himself over to help him up. 

He groaned as the dancer pulled him up. "Two things, one, a little warning next time, and two, I'm telling your mother you shoved me off a ski lift." 

"Mom!" Soonyoung objected, tugging on his arm like a child. 

He just shook his head. "That hurt more than it looked like it would." 

Soonyoung pouted. 

"What's with your face?" 

Jeonghan looked down to see Jihoon looking at Soonyoung weirdly. 

"Jeonghan's gonna tell my mom that I pushed him off the ski lift," he whined, still pouting. 

"Oh my god, are you okay?" Jihoon asked him. 

He rubbed his shoulder and nodded. "I'm--" 

"Wait, what, are you okay?" 

He groaned as Seungcheol popped in. "I'M FINE!" He snapped. 

They all shut up at that. 

They decided on a blue, since Jeonghan was "injured and needed to rest" acording to Seungcheol, who insisted on snowboarding next to him to "make sure he didn't hurt himself even more." 

Jeonghan was this close to shoving his ski poles up Seungcheol's nose and calling it a day. 

After the blue, they headed into the lodge. Seungkwan and Vernon were chilling at a table, Seungkwan looking like he had just roasted someone good, and Vernon looking done with his boyfriend's unending diva-ness. 

Jeonghan clonked over in his ski boots and flopped down. "Seungcheol, go get me food," he whined, lazily flailing an arm towards the line. Seungcheol stuck his tongue out at him but left anyway. Jihoon did the exact same thing to Soonyoung and sank onto the bench next to Jeonghan. 

"Your boyfriend's a bit, say, eager to serve," he noted, pulling off his helmet and ruffling his hair. 

"Yeah, and yours is a whiny brat," he shot back. 

Jihoon shrugged. "Since when is that new, I thought we established that earlier in this lifetime. Like, way earlier." 

Jeonghan sighed. "Point taken." 

The boys returned with their food and they all chowed down while Vernon and Seungkwan played tic-tac-toe in the snow that had melted on the table. They ate in silence, everyone a bit tired. It was only Thursday, and Jeonghan was getting continuously more exhausted as the week wore on. Who knew skiing was this exhausting. 

He yawned. "Guys, let's just go back to the resort and hang for the rest of the day, I think we all need a break from these mountains." 

"Oh my god yeees," Soonyoung moaned. "My back is killing me." 

Jeonghan snorted. "Your back is killing you, try getting shoved off a ski lift." 

Soonyoung threw down his fork. "I'm sorry okay, the lift was about to turn and the guy wasn't stopping it."

"Yeah, okay, let's go home," Jihoon spoke up. "We're all tired, let's not take it out on everyone else." 

Jeonghan sighed and ran a hand down his face. "Yeah, sorry." 

He felt something brush against his hand so he looked up to see Seungcheol, still engrossed in his pizza, slowly twining their fingers together. He felt his heart miss a beat, but tried not to let it show. 

They all packed up their gear and started trecking down to the bus stop. It was slow, everyone but Vernon and Seungkwan exhausted and laden with their gear. The bus was crowded, so they all had to squish together in four seats. Jeonghan's mood was progressively getting worse as the day wore on, and all he wanted was comfortable clothes and a nap. 

The bus let them off in front of the resort and the all trudged off and up to their rooms. As soon as he stepped through the door, Jeonghan had completely taken off all of his ski gear and dumped his skis by the door. He changed immediately before sinking onto the bed with a low moan of exhaustion. 

"I'm so tired~~" he whined, throwing an arm over his eyes. He could hear Seungcheol taking off his gear next to the bed. 

"Same," his boyfriend muttered, flopping on the bed next to him. 

Jeonghan sighed as Seungcheol wrapped an arm around his shoulders. He was stiff, and sore, and wanted to sleep, and aparently the elder thought the same way. He could hear Seungcheol's deep, even breathing as he fell asleep almost immediately. Jeonghan wanted to do the same, his limbs heavy, but he felt antsy. Trying not to disturb his sleeping boyfriend, he stood up and padded out into the hall. He crept a few doors down to Jihoon and Soonyoung's room to see what they were doing. He knocked in the door lightly, and almost jumped out of his skin when it opened immediatly. 

Jihoon looked up at him boredly. "Hey Han. What's up?" 

"Can I chill with you guys? Seungcheol's asleep." He shifted from foot to foot as be waited for Jihoon's answer. 

"Sure," he replied. "We're just chilling right now." 

Jeonghan cast his friend a grateful look. "Thanks." 

Jihoon shrugged. "No problem. Come on in." 

Jeonghan slipped past his friend into the room to see Soonyoung stuffing his face with (surprise surprise!) cheeto puffs. Jeonghan flopped on the couch and pulled out his phone as Soonyoung tossed a cheeto to him. 

"Whaddup Hannie?" 

"Soonyoung, I would appreciate it if you shut up." Jihoon replied as he walked in.

He got a cheeto to the head. 

Jihoon growled and stiffly sat down on the couch near Jeonghan's feet. 

He shifted so the small male would have more space. "You two argue a lot, don't you?" 

"You have no idea," Soonyoung groaned. 

"It's your own fault we argue," Jihoon muttered. "You're the one always saying stupid ." 

"Yeah? Well you're the one who always lets his temper get away from him!" Soonyoung shot back. 

"It wouldn't if you'd just shut up," Jihoon snapped. 

"I wouldn't say such stupid if you didn't ask such stupid questions!" 

Jeonghan whipped his head back and forth as he followed the argument. He wasn't surprised when Soonyoung's next answer was chucking a cheeto at Jihoon. The small male let out a low growl and launched himself at Soonyoung, snatching the bag away from him and shoving a handful of cheetos in his boyfriend's mouth before shoving the bag over his head, all while stradling the elder's lap. 

Jeonghan watched in amusement as Soonyoung spat out the cheetos and slowly pulled the bag off his head. 

"I should shut up, shouldn't I?" He asked himself. 

"Yes!" Jihoon hissed. 

Soonyoung nodded slowly. "Yep, okay. Now, can you get off my lap?" 

Jihoon blushed, but kept his composure as he climbed off Soonyoung and padded back over to the couch to invest himself in his phone. 

Jeonghan threw his head back and sighed. His limbs felt like lead, but there was too much adrenaline still coursing threw his veins despite his exhaustion. He pulled out his phone and sent a quick text to Jun to see how he was doing. 

 

To: Princess

hey Junnie

hru

 

From: Princess

oh, hey...

 

To: Princess

OMG, WHAT HAPPENED??

 

From: Princess

its a long story

 

To:Princess

Junnie,  time is on my side rn

 

From: Princess

Well

Minghao just walked in, i gtg

 

To: Princess

UR STAYING WITH MINGHAO???

 

From: Princess

gtg

 

To: Princess

WEN JUNHUI GET BACK HERE!!!

JUN

JUNNIE

IFSTG

 

Jeonghan stared at his phone in shock. Jun was staying with Minghao and Chan? Who thought that was a good idea? He shook his head before pressing the call button on Jun's contact in his phone and hopping up to go to the bedroom. 

"You're not gonna stop unless I pick up, right?" Jun said through the phone. 

"Nope," Jeonghan replied, perched on the bed. "Are you seriously staying with Minghao?" 

He could practically hear Jun's shoulders droop. "I didn't want to stay with Mingyu and Wonwoo, the last time I did that, I walked in on them in every room at least twice." 

Jeonghan sighed. "But Minghao? You haven't talked since that night." 

Jun shifted on the other line. "I know, but I don't know anyone else that well. And it's not that bad. Though, we do have to share a room." 

"WHAT?" Jeonghan shrieked. "Chan didn't really..." 

"No, he did," Jun replied. "And, uh, something happened." 

"You two didn't, you know..." Jeonghan trailed off, not sure what the answer was going to be. 

There was a sharp intake of breath on the other side of the line. "What do you take me for, a ?" 

Jeonghan shrugged. "I mean, yeah." 

Jun huffed. "Thanks, Hannie. And to answer your question, no, we did not have . It was, more emotional than that." 

"Who are you talking to?" 

Jeonghan heard the voice through the other side of the line. His mother instincts kicked in automatically. It was Minghao. 

"Jeonghan," was Jun's weary reply. "Why?" 

There was silence before Minghao spoke again, a bitter tone on his tongue. "Just wanted to make sure you weren't around again." 

Jun didn't reply. Jeonghan knew that he was letting Minghao win. 

"Junnie?" He asked into the phone. "What happened." 

Jun sighed, and there was some shifting in the background behind him. "The other night, we fought, so I went out." 

"Oh Junnie, please tell me you didn't..." 

"I did. When I came back the night after, he got mad, then I got mad, so I pinned him against the wall, and niether of us could take it. We kissed, Hannie, and he said he missed me, and he started crying and ran off, and then I started crying. I slept on the couch that night." 

Jeonghan hummed sympathetically. "When was this?"

"Well, it's Thursday now, so, lets see, Tuesday, because I ran off Monday night." 

Jeonghan nodded. "Did you sleep in the same room last night?" 

"Yeah, but I slept on the floor as far away from him as possible. He's on Thughao mode." 

Jeonghan smiled a bit at the nickname. "Yeah, I know how he gets. Look Jun, I know you want him back. But give him a little time to get used to your presence again. He knows you Jun, he knows that you go out, you party. He doesn't want to get back into that because he knows you'll hurt him without even knowing your doing it." 

Jun sighed. "How is he supposed to get used to my presence if I'm leaving Saturday?" 

Jeonghan thought for a second before it came to him. "Tutoring." 

He could almost hear the way Jun raised an eyebrow in question. "Tutoring? That's not gonna fly." 

"Jun, you have pretty decent grades, and even though Chan is trying his best, he's drowning. It'd be a way to help Chan, and have Minghao acomodate to your constant presence." 

"Are you serious? Me, tutor Chan?" 

"Yes!" Jeonghan replied. "It's a great idea."

Jun sighed. "If you say so. I can ask Chan." 

"Okay. Now, be strong, I gotta go, kay?" 

"Yeah, okay. Talk to you later Hannie." 

Jeonghan ended the call and fell back on his bed. He hoped this worked. 

 

/    /    /

 

Jun looked down at his phone. Was he really going to do this? It was worth a shot. He would do anything to get Minghao back. With a sigh, he stood up and walked down the hall to Chan's room. 

When he knocked on the door, there was a muffled response of, "come in." He pushed his way into the room to see Chan laying face-down on his bed, homework spread about him. 

"Is everything alright?" Jun asked, sitting on the edge of the bed. 

Chan looked at him. "No, nothing's alright," he whined. "I don't get this!" He gestured wildly at rhe papers around him. "Why is biology so hard?" He groaned. 

Jun picked up a paper to look over. It wasn't that hard. "Hey, if you want, I can tutor you," Jun suggested. 

Chan shot up. "Are you serious? You would do that?" 

Jun shrugged and smiled. "Well, if it would help you, then yeah." 

Chan lurched forward and wrapped himself around Jun's waist. "Oh my gosh, thank you so much!" 

He laughed and patted Chan's head. "'Course Channie." 

"What's going on in here?" 

Jun looked up to see Minghao leaning against the doorway wit his arms crossed, in a jacket that looked very familiar. Then it hit him: it was one of his hoodies he'd lent Minghao when they were still dating. His heart twisted. 

Chan pulled away and shyly tucked his hair back. "Oh, Junnie-hyung just offered to tutor me." 

Minghao merely raised an eyebrow. "Is that so. Well, I'll just let you two get to it." 

"Wait!" Chan blurted. Minghao turned back. "Are you going somewhere?" The freshman continued. 

Minghao shrugged. "I was just gonna go for a walk, why?" 

"Oh, no reason, but I was gonna make dinner soon," Chan replied. 

Minghao nodded. "Okay, I'll be back soon." 

Chan nodded. Jun wathced Minghao's retreating back as he headed down the hallway, his heart twisting at the sight of his ex in his hoodie. He shook his head and turned back to Chan. 

"I can make dinner if you'd like. I usually cook for Hannie and me, so I wouldn't mind." 

Chan's eyes widened. "Really? Okay, thanks!" 

Jun laughed at Chan's eagerness and stood up to start dinner. 

 

 

The door opened as Jun set the last plate on the table. He turned to see Minghao soaking wet. 

"Oh my god, are you okay?" He asked, taking off his apron. 

Minghao shrugged. "I'm fine, it's just water. It started raining." 

Jun looked out the window to see the rainwater pouring down. "You know, you should've texted one of us, we would've come to get you." 

Minghao shrugged again. "I was fine. What's all this?" He gestured at the small feast laid out on the table. 

Jun smiled sheepishly. "I may have gotten a bit carried away with dinner." 

Minghao just hummed and walked past to go change into dry clothes. Jun gazes after him for a moment before Chan came bounding out, a pencil between his teeth and his arms full of noteooks and textbooks. He dumped it all on the coffee table by the couch and called Jun over. 

"Can you help me with this?" He asked, pointing with the pencil towards a math problem. 

Jun sat down next to Chan and leaned over to look at it. "This? Sure, okay. So the first thing you want to do is find the slope."

"Oh, I know how to do that!" Chan leaned over a blank noteook page and began to scribble down some numbers. Jun continued to help the freshman, pointing out things he was doing wrong, or offering some tips he learned in highschool. 

"See? Was that so hard?" Jun teased as Chan looked over the problem. 

The freshman nuzzled his head into Jun's shoulder. "You're the best, hyung. Thanks a bunch for doing this." 

"No problem Channie." 

What neither of them saw was Minghao, hiding in the shadows of the hallway, watching them with heartbroken eyes, wet hair, and another old sweatshirt of Jun's. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ha. haha. hahahahahahaha. Why do I do this?

 

Hey guys!!!!!!, Guess who's bacK???? I'm finally back from hiatus with a new chap!!!!!!!! How have you guys been??? I've missed you my babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! theres been a lot going on man. Ko Ko Bop with exo, Cherry Bomb with NCT 127, red Flavor with Red velvet, diamond edge, which btw, i'm GONNA SEE SEVENTEEN IN CHICAGO!!!!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!! Let me know if u guys are going too!! I want to catch up with all of you! You guys know the drill, comments, feedback, bla bla bla. 

Can't wait to meet you all again!!

Love you awesome nerds!!!!!!!!!!!