Chapter 11

Six Weeks till Forever

Jeonghan gulped as he looked up at the mountains he would be skiing on. Even the bunny slope looked dangerously steep. He chewed his lip. Him, Soonyoung, Jihoon and Vernon had all gotten their rental skis that mornig, as Seungcheol and Seungkwan brought their own. Well, Vernon, Soonyoung and Seungcheol all had snowboards, while Jihoon carried his skis over his shoulder and Seungkwan struggled to hold his.

"Hey Jihoon?" Jeonghan called.

"Yeah, what's up?" Jihoon trudged over skillfully, as ski boots were very difficult to walk in. 

"Do you think you could stay with me until I get comfortable? I've never skied before." Jeonghan chewed his lip as he waited for his friend's reply. 

"Sure," Jihoon replied, setting his skis down and beginning to put them on. "We'll start with the bunny slope, okay?" 

Jeonghan nodded, then took a startled step back as Seungcheol pushed by, one foot strapped to his snowboard. 

"I'm gonna go warm up on the blues on the other side. Text if you need me," Seungcheol leaned down and pecked Jeonghan's cheek before pushing his way to one of the ski lifts. Jeonghan stared after him for a second before shaking himself out and setting down his rental skis. He copied what Jihoon had done to get his on, tucking the toe of his boot in the clasp and slamming his heel down. He felt the ski click onto his boot and he used his pole to balance himself as he did the same with the other ski.

Jihoon beckoned for him to follow, so he awkwardly trailed after the small male leading them to the ski lift. "Okay, you only need one thing to get on the lift," Jihoon said, getting in line. "Timing. Some of them come fast, some are slower. When you make it to the red line, turn around and sit down as the seat touches your legs. Hold your poles in one hand, so you can use the other to grab on. Okay?'' Jihoon looked at Jeonghan through his orange-tinted ski goggles. He nodded in reply, shifting his grip on his poles. The line moved rather quickly, and Jeonghan and Jihoon were up before he knew it. Swallowing, he moved up to the red line like Jihoon had instructed and transferred his poles to one hand then turned to prepare for the lift. As soon as it touched him, he plopped down and gripped the side bar.

Jihoon nodded. "Nice."

Jeonghan shook his head. "Why did I agree to come here?" He moaned.

Jihoon shrugged. "Probably becuase Seungcheol already bought the tickets. Speaking of your boyfriend, how is he?"

Jeonghan smiled softly as he thought about Seungcheol. "Pretty good. But there's something off about him. Like he wants to say something, but doesnt know how."

"Do you think he likes you?" Jihoon asked.

Jeonghan shook his head. "As far as I'm concerned, he only thinks of me as his way to get Eunbi away."

Jihoon hummed, then launched into a rapid-fire series of instructions as to how to get off the ski lift. Jeonghan nodded as his small friend told him what to do. The landing was a bit shaky, but he managed to stay upright.

The rest of the morning was spent more or less like that, with the two going up and down the bunny slope repeatedly, Jihoon teaching Jeonghan how to ski. He had fallen a couple times, once because Jihoon shoved him so he could teach him how to get up in skis, and the other because he forgot to slow down and he ran into a tree. That was painful.

After a particularly harsh crash into Jihoon, Jeonghan sat up and spat snow out of his mouth. "Enough of this, I need lunch."

They made their way down to the lodge to grab something to eat, only to find Seungkwan sitting with all of his gear sassily drinking hot chocolate. 

"What's up guys? Having fun?" 

Jeonghan tossed his helmet on the table and shook out his hair. "More or less. Have you been inside the whole time?" 

Seungkwan looked aghast. "Of course not! I went down a green on the other side with Vernon. Then he went to go find Seungcheol, and I came back." 

Jeoghan rolled his eyes. "Whatever." 

He clonked his way over to the lunch line and quickly grabbed a warm sandwich and a cup of hot chocolate before sitting back down next to Jihoon. The small male was on his phone, looking over a text. Jeonghan inconspicuously leaned over to read it. 

 

From: ~Hoshi<3~

Hey baby, just wanted to let you know I'm tackling a few blacks if you want to join me!

 

Jeonghan tried not to smirk at the way Jihoon's eyes lingered on the term of endearment. He just stuffed his face with his sandwich and focused on Seungkwan fixing his hair with his reflection on his phone. 

It wasn't long before Seungcheol and Vernon walked in and flopped down next to their respective boyfriends, or whatever Seungkwan was. Seungcheol shook snow out of his helmet and sighed. 

"Maybe I should've done another blue before I took on those moguls. I'm going to be sore tomorrow." Seungcheol twisted his back as Jeonghan dusted snow off his sandwhich. 

"Really Seungcheol, when will you learn that sometimes your actions seriously affect the people around you?" He sighed. 

The elder looked down at the snowy sandwhich in Jeonghan's hands and shrugged. "It's just snow." 

Jeonghan rolled his eyes and took a bite of his lunch. "Whatever, go get your own." 

Seungcheol stuck his tongue out at him before turning and stomping towards the line to get food. Vernon trailed after him, looking even more bedraggled than his cousin, with snow dusting his entire face and back. Jeonghan wondered what happened. 

Before long, the gang was back together with Soonyoung back from his blacks with a bowl of some kind of Swiss soup, Vernon and Seugcheol with pizza, Seungkwan with a small burger and Jihoon with chicken. 

"I gotta admit," Soonyoung said loudly, spraying soup onto Jihoon, who tensed and growled. "The food here is pretty damn good." He grabbed a napkin and handed it to Jihoon, who took it tersely and wiped himself off. 

Seungcheol nodded. "Vernon and I have been here before, a few years back with Eunbi and Vernon's friend Minah. The food was good then, but this pizza has definitely gotten better." 

Vernon grunted in agreement around his mouthful of food. 

Jeonghan tried to ignore the fact that Seungcheol had been here before. With Eunbi. 

He tried to keep his mind off it for the rest of the day, but he kept getting worse. He had fallen at least five more times, his skis had fallen off once, and he dropped a pole off the ski lift. He just couldn't concentrate on what he was doing. He kept imagining Seungcheol sitting on the same lift as he held Eunbi, maybe sneaking kisses every once in a while. He imagined him helping her up as she fell, or carrying her back to their room after a long day. 

Jealousy burned in his stomach, as well as a feeling of inferiority. 

In a aggravated huff, Jeonghan snapped off his skis. "I'm done," he groaned, standing up and beginning to walk down the hill. Jihoon skied backwards to look at him. 

"What's wrong Hannie?" 

He shook his head. "I'm tired. Tell the others I went back to the resort." 

Jihoon skied infront of him. "Hold up, you're not leaving." 

Jeonghan walked around his friend. "Yeah I am." 

Jihoon skied after him. "How are you gonna get back?" 

"I'll catch the bus, not that hard."

Jihoon sighed as snapped his own skis off, then ran after him. "Come on, Hannie, you were doing good earlier." 

"Jihoon," Jeonghan hissed, turning on his friend. "I'm tired, I at skiing, and I'm going home. End of story." 

Without another word, he stalked off to the lodge to get his shoes from the locker they rented, leaving Jihoon standing at the foot of the bunny slope. After he changed shoes, Jeonghan hefted his skis over his shoulder and tucked his boots under his arm, then walked to the nearest bus stop. 

When he got home, he took off all his gear and left it in a soggy heap in the bathroom before sliding into his pajamas and falling into bed. 

 

/    /    /

 

Jeonghan sensed the bed shift under him. In a start, he woke up, throwing the duvet off and panting wildly. 

Seungcheol blinked in surprise next to him. "It's okay, it's just me." 

Jeonghan looked at him before collapsing into the elder, his head in Seungcheol's lap. "Bad dream," he whispered. He couldn't remember what it was about, but his heart was racing. Seungcheol gently sifted his fingers through his hair. 

"It's okay. I'm here." 

Jeonghan closed his eyes before twisting his neck and looked up at Seungcheol. "You came here with Eunbi?"

Seungcheol stiffened. 

Jeonghan sighed and sat up. "Is this where you bring all the people you hurt? A ski resort? Real classy, Seungcheol." 

The elder shook his head. "It's not like that." 

"Then tell me Seungcheol, what is it like? As far as I know, we've been doing the same exact things you and Eunbi did. Including this trip. You know, I never even though that you would do something like this. I expected more than this from you." 

"Well I guess you shouldn't have!" Seungcheol snapped. 

"Maybe you're right!" Jeonghan hissed back. "It honestly doesn't surprise me though. You seem like the kinda guy who makes every person feel special, when really, they're all the same to him, just a toy." 

"You're not just a toy to me though!" Seungcheol yelled. "You're more." 

Jeonghan stilled. "What?" He whispered. 

Seungcheol shook his head. "Did you forget, Jeonghan, that you're the only person who's seen my apartment besides my cousin? You're the only person I ever apologized to after I hurt them. You are a series of firsts that I never thought would happen. Yes, I brought Eunbi here, but not becuase I wanted to. She practically begged me to let her go, and she spent the whole time clinging to me. It was torture, Jeonghan. But with you, here, it's, it's not like that. I wanted to bring you here. I wanted to get away with you. I wanted to teach you how to snowboard, to share hot chocolate, to curl up on the couch and watch movies. We only have three weeks left, Jeonghan, and I kinda want to make them count." 

Jeonghan was speechless. Was he supposed to say to all of that? That he didn't want it to just be three weeks, that he wanted more? No, he couldn't do that. That was a surefire way to get rejected. 

"Jeonghan, I know, I'm really not the best person ever, and I'm definitely not an ideal boyfriend, fake or real, but I'm trying, really." 

Jeonghan looked at Seungcheol and saw only sincerity in his coffee eyes. "I know," he whispered. 

Seungcheol siged, then leaned forward and rested his forehead on Jeonghan's. "Please, forget about Eunbi. She's miles away, she doesnt matter. The only one that matters right now is you." 

Jeonghan nodded and closed his eyes before tentatively pressing his lips against Seungcheol's. The elder kissed him back gently, reaching up to carress his face. Jeonghan broke away first, then gently pulled Seungcheol down onto the bed and reached down, intertwining their fingers. He kissed Seungcheol again, then leaned up and whispered, "please let me be selfish," in the elder's ear before tilting his head to bare his neck. 

He could sense Seungcheol's hesitation, but the elder leaned doen and began to press soft kisses to his neck, murmuring "only you," against his skin. Jeonghan's grip on Seungcheol's hand tightened as the elder slid a hand under his shirt and skimmed it over the small of his back, lightly teasing the skin. Jeonghan whimpered in submission as Seungcheol rubbed his nose along the underside of his jaw, whispering "forget her." Jeonghan didn't have a hard time doing that. Seungcheol smelled like snow and cigarrettes, which was an odd mix, considering he'd never seen Seungcheol smoke. Though maybe he did and just didn't want Jeonghan to know. He didn't care. The scent was addicting and intoxicating. 

Seungcheol kissed him softly yet passionately one last time before leaning back. "You should get some rest," he whispered, before laying down and pulling Jeonghan into his arms. 

 

/    /    /

 

Jun sat on the edge of Minghao's bed awkwardly. His ex and Chan had let him stay with them, on the condition that he had to sleep in Minghao's room. His ex was not too happy about it, but Chan was "a growing boy who needed his privacy," so Minghao's room it was. 

The thin Chinese boy was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, the glare he was shooting at Junhui making his skin tingle. 

"So," Jun started awkwardly. "How have you been?" 

"Don't ing talk to me," Minghao hissed. 

Jun held his hands up in surrender. "Okay, fine." 

The silence lasted a few minutes before Minghao decided to speak. "Why did you do it?"  

Jun looked up to see his ex glaring at the wall. "What?" 

"Why did you cheat on me?" 

Jun blinked. "I never--"

"Oh, don't give me that," Minghao snapped. "All those numbers saved in your phone, you can't tell me you didn't give in just once. And besides, you were making plans with that bartender the night we broke if off." 

Jun shook his head. "I never cheated on you. All those nights I never remembered who I was talking to in the morning. Besides, I loved you too much to do that." 

"Pssh, don't talk about love," Minghao muttered. "If you really loved me, you wouldn't have gone clubbing every weekend." 

Jun bit his togue to keep himself from yelling. Feeling his mood darken, he stood up and brushed past Minghao. 

"I'm going out. If I'm not back by eleven, well, you know where I am." 

He could practically sense Minghao throw curses at him in his golden head. Jun walked out of the dorm and across campus before catching a cab downtown. He swallowed as he looked at the club where he and Minghao had broken up. Jun wondered if he still worked there. Hopefully, he did. 

He entered the club and headed towards the back where the bar was located. He slid onto a stool and looked around. He saw the bartender walk out of the workroom. Jun felt his heart twist as he thought about what he was about to do. 

"Excuse me, I'm not sure if you remember me, my name is Jun," he said as the bartender came over. 

Recognition light up Kibum's eyes. "Yeah, I remember you, you had a pretty serious breakup here a few months ago. Then we had ." 

Jun blushed and nodded. "Yeah. Actually, I was wondering if I could get a pick-me-up tonight. I'm feeling a bit, you know..." Jun trailed off and looked at Kibum suggestively. 

"I get off in twenty, can you wait?" The bartender asked. 

"Sure," Jun replied, disgust with himself settling deep within his stomach. In less than an hour, Jun was making out with Kibum against the wall of the bartender's apartment. 

That night, the bedroom was filled with moans, sweat, and guilt. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hahahahahaha let me die please

so, whaddup guys, got another chap here for you. Sorry it took a while to update, i had some major writers block these past couple weeks. Also, im mad at Jeonghan. He decided to completely ruin my fanfic and go snowboarding in Japan, istg. No lol, i still love him, but boi. Anywho, yall should know the drill by now, comment with feedback, blah blah blah. Get hype for SVT's comback Monday, right?? The trailers got me SHOOK. i might cry when they come to chicago, i can't believe my parents are letting me go. Jealous? No lol, i love you guys. I'm super lucky to be able to go, cuz i already went to BTS in chicago earlier this year. 

Anyway, that's it for today, love you all, im blowing kisses right now. See you next time my lovelies, and stick together carats, as we fight for our souls inthis nezt comeback. Love you awesome nerds!!