Chapter 8

Six Weeks till Forever

Jeonghan pulled his scarf over his mouth as he watched the movie. In the darkness, it was hard to see Seungcheol's face next to him, but the elder's hand was brushing against his own on the arm rest. Jeonghan actually wasn't sure if Seungcheol was aware that he was doing it, but it made Jeonghan uncomfortable. But he didn't want to move his hand away, because he was afraid it would startle the elder, and they were actually comfortable for once. 

Before he knew it, the movie was over. Jeonghan actually didn't retain any of it, and all he had gathered was this girl had lost her mother, and this guy happened to live next door. Romance wasn't his thing. He prefered more action and thrillers. No horror though. 

He stood up and stretched before grabbing the empty popcorn bag and the coke and heading down the stairs, Seungcheol tagging behind. He threw away the trash in a nearby can and headed outside. The October night air was crisp and chilly, but it felt delicious against Jeonghan's face. He stretched his arms out and closed his eyes, rellishing the feeling of the air around him for a moment. 

Suddenly, he wasn't as comfortable. 

Seungcheol pulled away from him. Jeonghan pressed his fingertips against his lips in shock. Seungcheol had kissed him. Seungcheol. Had kissed him. With no erted ambitions. Just, Seungcheol. 

He looked up at the elder. "What was that?"

Seungcheol shrugged and looked up at the sky. "Felt like it needed to be done."

"Well it didn't!" Jeonghan snapped, surprising himself. Hiding his mouth and nose in his scarf, he muttered. "Sorry." 

Seungcheol just shook his head. "I should be the one apologizing, you probably didn't want me to kiss you."

Jeonghan gave his head a small shake, looking at his shoes. 

"Come on," Seungcheol said. "It's getting late, you should get home." 

Jeonghan checked his phone. 9:45. With a sigh, he put his phone in his back pocket. "I swear, movies are getting longer and longer these days," He muttered. 

Seungcheol smiled. "I know, right?" 

The elder led the way back to his Porsche, once again holding the door open for Jeonghan. He climbed into the car politely and didn't say a word through the entire car ride home. Seungcheol parked his Porsche and they both got out, stepping into the elevator. Once again, they were both on different sides of the elevator, standing there politely as the pleasant music chimed out in the small box. Seungcheol walked Jeonghan to his door, and that was when he decided it would be a good time to talk. 

"Thank you, Seungcheol," he said, looking up at the elder. 

Seungcheol shrugged. "It was the least I could do. What I did was terrible and unexplainable, and you have a damn good reason for hating me for it. I'm glad I was able to spend this last night with you." He smiled at the end and leaned down, his lips brushing against the corner of Jeonghan's mouth. Seungcheol gave him a single nod and turned to walk away. 

Jeonghan watched him for a second before turning and digging through his jacket for his keys. But right as he was about to unlock his door, he muttered, "Oh, me," shoved his keys in his pocket and ran down the hall to the stairs. 

"Excuse me, did an expensive-looking man come through here just now?" He asked their doorman, Hoseok. 

"What? Oh, yeah, he did." 

Jeonghan nodded. "Thank you." 

Hoseok gave him his wide, sunny smile. "Of course." Jeonghan ran out of the building and looked for Seungcheol's Porsche. He finally saw it and ran over just as the headlights . He knocked on the window repeatedly. Seungcheol looked at him but rolled the window down. 

Jeonghan barely gave the elder any time before leaning in and pressing his lips against the other's. Seungcheol grunted in surprise, but his hand slid up the Jeonghan's neck almost immediatly. Jeonghan pulled away and looked into Seungcheol's gorgeous chocolate eyes. 

"This entire thing was for me to take you back, right? That's what it was about?" He asked, staring at the elder. 

He shrugged. "I mean, more or less." 

Jeonghan let out a breath and nodded. "Alright. But I have conditions." 

Seungcheol smiled. "Are they the same as last time's?" 

"Yes, but there's more now." Jeonghan crossed his arms and looked at Seungcheol. "I will try not to invade your life, but if I do anything that bothers you, tell me and we'll work it out. I really didn't appreciate getting attacked." 

Guilt sparked in Seungcheol's eyes and he tentatively took Jeonghan's hand resting on his open window. "I really am sorry. I should've told you about my... issues."

"I know, Seungcheol." Jeonghan smiled slightly at him. Seungcheol smiled back for a moment, before he jerked his head towards the passenger seat. 

"Come on, let's go for a drive." 

Jeonghan winced. "Normally I would, but like I said, Junhui's sick, and I don't think Wonwoo would appreciate me being out for longer than I have to." 

Seungcheol nodded in understanding. "Okay. But I'm coming by tomorrow." 

Jeonghan rolled his eyes. "Do you have to?" 

"Well no," Seungcheol replied, "but I rather like annoying you. Plus, people know my cars, and I know for a fact Eunbi's been having her brothers tail me. They report back to her about what I do, so this will help to keep her away." 

A feeling on disgust settled in Jeonghan's stomach as Eunbi was brought up. Earlier in the week she'd come sneering up to gloat about having Seungcheol back, even though the male wasn't anywhere nearby. Then, she'd stepped on his toe in her spiked heels, called him a , and stalked off, her and her blonde friends giggling about his misfortune and Eunbi's good luck. 

"God, I hate her," Jeonghan groaned. 

"Unsurprisingly, so do most people," Seumgcheol replied with a wink. Then he stretched up awkwardly and kissed Jeonghan's cheek. "Night, Angel. I'll see you tomorrow." 

Jeonghan nodded and stepped back, letting Seungcheol roll up his car window and drive away. He stood there in the parking lot of his apartment building, a breeze picking up again and gently teasing his hair. He stood there, gazing in the direction of the city, feeling, different. It was the same agreement he'd had with Seungcheol before, but it hurt this time. He frowned and looked up at the clear sky. His heart beat slowly and thoughtfully as he looked at the stars for a moment, before he realized that Junhui was dying and Wonwoo was probably stressed about taking care of him for three hours. 

Cursing under his breath, he ran back into the building, throwing a "thank you!" over his shoulder towards Hoseok, who was chatting with his friend who must've come to entertain him. Jeonghan tapped his foot impatiently as he stood in the elevator, waiting for it to reach the fourth floor. As soon as the doors opened he was out and at his door, fumbling with his keys. When he finally got the door open, he darted inside to find Wonwoo sneezing on the couch and Jun passed out in front of the TV. 

He looked at Wonwoo, who stared back glumly. "Sorry Hannie. But I think he got me sick."

Jeonghan just sighed. "Oh, whatever, at least he's asleep. I can drive you home with our doorman's car, just give me a second." 

Wonwoo nodded and sneezed again as Jeonghan ducked into his room and quickly changed into  oversized sweatshirt and joggers. Checking his phone, he saw there was a text from Seungcheol, as well as multiple from Jihoon. He rolled his eyes and left them for later before coming back out. Wonwoo stood up after grabbing a bunch of tissues, and followed Jeonghan out the door and back down to the lobby. 

Hoseok looked up from his conversation. "Oh, wow, Jeonghan. You're just in and out tonight huh?" 

Jeonghan smiled. "Yeah, I sure am, Hosoek. Listen, I need to borrow your car, my friend is sick and I need to take him home." 

Hoseok nodded. "Sure. Let me go get my keys." The doorman disappeared inside the workroom, leaving Jeonghan with a sniveling Wonwoo and Hoseok's friend. Speaking of which, his friend was looking at them. 

"Can I help you?" He asked the man, not sure what to say. 

He shook his head. "Oh, sorry. My name's Namjoon, I'm Hoseok's friend. We were just talking about another friend of ours." 

Jeonghan nodded in response and didn't say anything. 

Thankfully, Hoseok returned a moment later with his car keys. "Here you go." 

Jeonghan nodded. "Thanks Hoseok." 

The doorman smiled brightly. "No problem." 

Jeonghan led Wonwoo outside to where Hoseok always parked his car and unlocked it. They both climbed in and Jeonghan was able to start the car before he muttered, "." 

"What?" Wonwoo mumbled. 

"I at driving." 

Wonwoo fainted. 

 

///////////\///////////\////////////\////////////\

 

Thank the lord that this part of the city was mostly deserted at this time, because Jeonghan would've run over so many people if it wasn't. As it was a Friday night, most people were probably at the clubs downtown, and nowhere near the little area by the college campus. 

He slowly made it to Mingyu and Wonwoo's little condo village and stopped by their unit. The path from the car to the front door was tricky, as Jeonghan was supporting a dead weight of Wonwoo, but he manage to make it and knock on the door. 

A moment later, Mingyu opened it, looking sleepy. When he saw his boyfriend, he immediately woke up and bent down, picking up his unconscious boyfriend bridal-style. 

"What happened?" Mingyu asked as Wonwoo woke up for a second and curled closer to his boyfriend before passing out again. 

Jeonghan shook his head. "Nothing, Jun got him sick." 

Mingyu nodded and looked down at Wonwoo before kissing his nose. "Thanks for taking him home," Mingyu said, looking at Jeonghan thankfully. 

He nodded. "It's no problem. Just make sure he gets a lot of fluids and rest, okay?" 

The younger smiled and nodded before closing the door. Jeonghan sighed and went back to Hoseok's car. The drive home was easier, as he now felt a bit more comfortable, and he parked easily. Hoseok greeted him as he walked in, this time surrounded by six more people. 

"Um, hi?" Jeonghan replied awkwardly, moving into the circle to hand Hoseok's keys back. 

"These are my friends!" The doorman said cheerily. "Introduce yourself while I go put these away." 

Jeonghan stared after him for a moment before someone turned him around. 

"Hi!" The man said. "I'm Taehyung!" 

Jeonghan just nodded, feeling a bit overwhelmed. Taehyung went on to introduce everyone else except for Namjoon, whom he had already met. There was Jungkook, who they called golden, Seokjin, the pretty one, Yoongi, the cold one, and Jimin, the cute one. Aparently Namjoon was the smart one, but Jeonghan was honestly falling asleep on the spot despite Taehyung's constant yammering and wasn't really retaining anything the man said. 

"Look, Taehyung," Jeonghan interrupted kindly. "I'm tired, and I've had a long night. I'm gonna go to bed, so if you don't mind, I'll be taking my leave now. It was nice to meet you all, really, and tell Hoseok thanks for me, but I think it's time for me to go home." 

Taehyung pouted, but Jungkook shoved him out of the way with a nod so Jeonghan could leave. He hurried into the elevator and slumped against the wall, thankful to be away from Taehyung's energetic voice and Jungkook's and Seokjin's yelling at him to shut up. 

He trudged down the hall and unlocked his door for the second time that night. Jun was still passed out in front in the television, and Jeonghan sighed before hefting up his sleeping roommate and dragging him into his own room. He pulled the blankets around Jun's feverish body to keep him warm and brushed the golden hair off his forehead before leaving the room silently and collapsing into his own. 

He was too lazy to actually change, so he just pulled out his phone to check all his texts before going to sleep. 

 

From: Dickwad

night Angel~~

sleep well

 

This contact has been changed to Cheol

 

Jeonghan couldn't help but smile as the contact name updated and he read over Seungcheol's text. For all his arrogance and superiority, Seungcheol could really try sometimes. 

Then he moved onto the more serious matter: Jihoon's nine urgent texts.

 

From: Stawberry

Umm, Hannie?

 

From: Strawberry

uhm, I think

 

From: Strawberry

I may be

 

From: Strawberry

in love

 

From: Strawberry

with Soonyoung

 

From: Strawberry

yeah

 

From: Strawberry

he may have 

 

From: Strawberry

uhmmmmm

 

From: Strawberry

kissed me again?

 

Jeonghan practically choked on his own saliva as he read the texts. He immediately replied, even though he was half asleep and it was now reaching midnight. 

 

To: Strawberry

OMG, IM SO SORRY, I JUST GOT UR TEXTS

 

To: Strawberry

What happened, I needs details?!?!?!?

 

Jeonghan stared at his phone for exactly four minutes and twenty three seconds before Jihoon's little icon appeared in the corner of the screen, along with the ellipsis that signified he was typing a response. 

 

From: Strawberrry

we were at his place watching a movie

 

To: Strawberry

and?????

 

From: Strawberry

well, he suddenly just grabbed my phone

 

To: Strawberry

AND??????

????????????????????????

 

From: Strawberry

jesus, calm down

He kissed me

...

...

...

i think I love him

 

To: Strawberry

omg, that's amazing, I'm so happy for uuuuu!!!

but, uh speaking of love

...

 

from: Strawberry

yes...?

 

To:Strawberry

what is it called when it hurts when you think about them?

 

from: Strawberry

love, hannie

 

To: Strawberry

 Then have you ever fallen in love with the wrong person?

 

From: Strawberry

unless Soonyoung counts as the wrong person, no

 

To: Strawberry

well, don't, it's terrible

 

From: Strawberry

wait what are you telling me Hannie?

 

To: Strawberry

It hurts

 

From: Strawberry

what does?

 

To: Strawberry

my heart

 

From: Strawberry

I'm coming over

 

Jeonghan blinked at his phone as Jihoon's icon faded. It's freaking midnight, what is he thinking? He thought to himself. then he shook his head. It would do him some good to talk to his friend. Jihoon was a good listener. 

He honestly didn't care that Jihoon was coming over. He left his room in the mess that it was and stayed sprawled masculinely across his bed, checking his phone every couple of seconds just in case his strawberry texted him along the way. 

It wasn't long before there was a light knock on the apartment door. Jeonghan lept up and bolted across the house to open the door for the composition major. Jihoon had his regular red backpack over his shoulder, obviously stuffed in a rush. 

"Let's go to your room," Jihoon said, walking past him to get to Jeonghan's room. He followed awkwardly and sat down on the duvet across from Jihoon. "When?" 

Jeonghan swallowed. "I'm not sure. Just, tonight, after he left, something felt off, like there was this weird feeling in my chest. What's wrong with me, Jihoon?" he cried. "It's barely been two weeks, how can this happen?"

Jihoon rubbed his shoulder reassuringly. "Hey, I fell in love with Soonyoung over the extent of like, a week, we're in this together." 

Jeonghan smiled at his friend and flopped on his side, his blonde hair falling everywhere. "I wish I didn't agree to this," he moaned. 

"Agree to what?" Jihoon asked. Suddenly, Jeonghan remembered that he never told his friends about his agreement with Seungcheol. 

"When we first became a thing, it was becuase we made an agreement. I would pretend to be his boyfriend for six weeks, he wouldn't tell the entire campus my secret." 

Jihoon scrunched his face up. "Wow, that's a bit on the not okay side," he muttered. 

"I know, right?" Jeonghan sighed. "Why did I say yes? I mean, sure the entire campus would've known that I wear girls' underwear, but that's not that bad, right?" even as he spoke, Jeonghan could see his reasoning clear as day, and so could Jihoon. 

"Honestly Hannie, I would've done the same thing," Jihoon told him. "But now I need to know how this happened. He hurt you, Hannie. And he's not exacly the best fish in the sea. He's barely even a fish, if we're going by that metaphor." 

Jeonghan sighed again and sat up, loosely tying his hair back in a messy braid. "I know he's not. Hell, I probably could've done much better, but for some reason, my heart decided to go it's own way." he buried his head in his hands. "Uggghhhh, I'm such an idiot!" 

Jihoon rubbed his shoulder. "Hey it's not the end of the world, Hannie. Sure, it's not what you expected, but your heart will never lead you astray. If it's telling you that Seungcheol's the one, well then, who are you to argue?" 

Jeonghan looked at his friend. "A sane person. You said it yourself, he's barely even a fish! But aside from that, when did you become such a good relationship counselor?" 

Jihoon just laughed. "Honestly Hannie, I don't really know. Now get some rest. You've clearly had an emotional and long night." 

Jeonghan smiled at the Composition major and nodded. Jihoon smiled back and grabbed his backpack to go crash on the couch, turning the lights off on his way out.

Jeonghan lay on his back, thinking of a certain someone with glossy black hair, an arrogant demeaner, and a sweet smile.

He fell asleep with a shy smile on his face, hugging his pillow. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey babes~~~

yoyoyo, im back with another chapter. Howd you all like it, huh? Please comment with thoughts, i honestly love reading comments. I think I may have said this last time, but yall are gonna have ti wait a bit to find out Seungcheol's past. Please hang on my lovelies, this fic is gonna bet bumpy towards the end, and throughout all of the sequel.  

Keep reading my dears, i love and thank each of you individually for all your support!

untill next time, my awesome nerds!!