Chapter 15

Six Weeks till Forever

The next morning went by in a blur. Soonyoung came out of his and Jihoon's room carrying the smaller boy, who was still asleep, while also pulling all of their luggage. Vernon and Seungkwan were bouncing with their usual amount of energy, which was disturbing Jihoon's peaceful sleep in his boyfriend's(?) arms. Seungcheol had insisted on carrying everything he could, which included his own luggage, Vernon's luggage, and half of Jeonghan's. How he managed that, Jeonghan had no idea, bu he did. The group took a cab to the airport, where they were caught in a blur of movement as they hurried to catch their flight. The rest of the day was spent either on a plane or in an airport waiting for a connection flight. Around three in the afternoon, they were waiting for their last flight from Xinjiang to Seoul, and then they would drive to their collge, probably getting back around three or four in the morning (a/n: i have no clue whether or not this is proportional so bear with me). Jeonghan wanted nothing more than to be home in his own bed, and Junhui's comforting presence across the hall. He had no idea if Seungcheol was spending the night at his place or if he would go back to his penthouse, but he didn't mind either way; the elder's presence sleeping next to him had become a familiar feeling. 

The rest of the day flew by (heh). They spent nearly the rest of the day on their flight from Xinjiang. Jeonghan was sandwiched between Seungkwan (who just had to sit next to the window) and Seungcheol. Jihoon, Sonyoung and Vernon sat behind them, much to the youngest's dismay. He practically begged to sit on Jeonghan's lap, saying adamantly that he "didn't want to sit next to the couple." 

Jihoon nearly threw him off the plane. 

Jeonghan managed a fitful sleep on the plane, using Seungcheol's shoulder as a pillow, rather uncomfortable becasue of the lump of Seungkwan sprawled across his lap. He was actually rather annoyed at the diva; the only reason he wanted the window seat was so he could watch the sunset from "way up high." and here he was, asleep on his lap. 

At one point he glanced behind them to see Vernon sleeping very unattractively, his mouth wide open and drool running down his chin, and Jihoon and Soonyoung. Soonyoung had fallen asleep with his head on Jihoon's small shoulder, and the latter was gazing thoughtfully out the window. When he noticed Jeonghan looking at them, Jihoon smirked and raised a finger to his lips. Jeonghan gave a small smile in reply and turned back around, only to have Seungcheol's head nod onto his own shoulder. He sighed in defeat and tried to rest as best as he could untill the plane landed. 

There was a certain amount of panic when they got off the plane; Jihoon was certain he lost one of his bags. But not just any bag; no, he was certain he lost the bag with all his unfinished compositions and his laptop. Naturally, all responsibility of calming the boy fell on Jeonghan as Soonyoung and Seungcheol went down to bag retrieval to look for it. Seungkwan and Vernon were no help in the situation; they were mesmerized with some junky little gadget in a nearby kiosk. But soon enough, Soonyoung appreared heroically with... ice cream. Seungcheol had Jihoon's bag over his shoulder and looked entirely done with the dance major. 

But Jihoon was happy. Happy enough to kiss Soonyoung on the spot. The elder of the two just stood there, surprised. Jeonghan could see his gears turning as the male wondered what it was exactly that he had done to deserve PDA from Jihoon. Seungcheol rolled his eyes and moved around the happy couple(?) to stand next to Jeonghan. 

He sighed and rested his head on Seungcheol's shoulder. "I wanna go home."

"Me too, Angel." 

They stood there as Jihoon and Soonyoung bonded over lost bags and ice cream for a solid twenty minutes, loitering in the terminal. Finally, the two came back to reality and realized it was like two-thirty in the morning and they had just had ice cream. Naturally, Jihoon slapped his boyfriend and started yelling about unhealthy foods at unhealthy times of day. Jeonghan rolled his eyes and marched over to the now arguing pair and pulled them apart. 

"Will you two quit it?!" He snapped. "We are all tired, and I just want to sleep. But you two are still here arguing and doing absolutely nothing productive, and I would appreciate it if you would shut up so we can go!" 

Jihoon and Soonyoung just stared at him. The former shrugged after a moment. "Okay, let's go." 

Jeonghan growled as they both calmly picked up thier luggage and began to walk away, hand in hand. He felt a familiar hand on his back and he relaxed as Seungcheol kissed his cheek. 

"Come on Angel." 

Jeonghan nodded and fell into step with his boyfriend, Seungkwan and Vernon trailing behind. Seungcheol once again had his, Vernon's and half of Jeonghan's luggage thrown over both his shoulders, somehow. They filed out of the airport and Seungcheol called a few taxis. One to take Vernon and Seungkwan back to the dorms, one to get Jihoon and Soonyoung back to the latter's apartment, and one to take Jeonghan and him to Jeonghan's place. There was an awkward moment where they all stared at each other, wondering if they said good-bye, or hugged, or what. Seungkwan broke it by suddenly saying, "Well, see you all Monday," and climbing into his taxi. Vernon shrugged and followed. Jihoon scoffed and dragged Soonyoung to their taxi, leaving Jeonghan and Seungcheol standing outside the airport. Jeonghan glared at the license plates of the moving taxis before Seungcheol grabbed his wrist and lightly dragged him towards the last waiting taxi. 

Jeonghan practically passed out as soon as the car started moving. The drive from Seoul to their college was around an hour long, so he closed his eyes and immediately his head fell onto Seungcheol's shoulder. He was vaguely aware of the fact that Seugncheol had passed out with his head resting on Jeonghan's but he was too tired to care about social suicide. 

They finally pulled up outside Jeonghan's apartment complex, and Seungcheol paid the driver. They grabbed their bags and trudged inside, barely acknowledging Hoseok's cheery "Welcome back!" 

How that man managed to stay so sunny and happy at three-thirty in the morning, Jeonghan had no idea. 

They barely managed to stay awake on the elevator ride up to the fourth floor. Jeonghan was slumped against the wall, and Seungcheol had one hand against the side of the button panel, leaning forward. They both stumbled out of the elevator, and it took Jeonghan at least a minute to fit his keys into the key-hole and unlock his door. 

He stopped in surprise. The apartment was dark. 

"Jun?" Jeonghan called tentatively. "We're home?" 

He stepped in quietly and the kitchenette light. They always kept that light on when one of them was home, even at night. That way, if one of them came home late, they knew the other was home. Which was very helpful for nights Jun came home drunk (and with a guy), or when Jeonghan came home late from studying at the Library. 

But Jun never forgot to turn on the light. Which meant either he wasn't home, or he was wasted. Which brought a lot of suspicion to Jeonghan's mind. 

Narrowing his eyes, Jeonghan dropped his keys on the counter and threw his bags on the couch before creeping down to Junhui's door. When he didn't hear anything right away, he opened the door quietly. 

The room was dark, but Jeonghan could see that it was empty.

He sighed and shut the door before walking back out to the kitchenette. Seungcheol was leaning against the island counter, his brow furrowed as he looked at his phone. When Jeonghan entered, he looked up and turned off his phone. 

"Jun's not home?" He asked. 

Jeonghan shook his head. "No, he's not. And I don't know where he is." He pulled out his phone, but didn't see any messages from the princess. "I'm going to stay up and wait for him, you can go to bed if you want." 

Seungcheol shook his head. "No, I'll wait with you." Then he smiled. "Going to bed without you doesn't feel right."

Jeonghan rolled his eyes but smiled at the elder's cheesiness. Seungcheol grinned and came over to press a chaste kiss agsint Jeonghan's lips. He smiled at his boyfriend and set his phone of the counter before moving around Seungcheol to get a glass of milk. 

They leaned forward against the island counter in synch. Then they waited. 

They didn't have to wait long. around 4:15 Jun walked in with his bag over his shoulder and his hair tangled. 

"Where were you?" Jeonghan demanded. 

Junhui jumped and looked around until his eyes landed on his roommate. "Hannie, you're home!" He exclaimed, appearing to ignore the previous question asked to him. 

Jeonghan just gazed at him suspiciously. "Yes, I am. But when I got here, you, were not. Where were you?"

Jun sighed. "Chan practically begged me to stay and help him study for his bio test Monday. I only just left their place."

Jeonghan relaxed. "So you weren't with Minghao," He breathed. 

Jun looked offended. "Why would you think I was? I'm not a ."

Jeonghan merely said, "Debatable" to that. 

His roommate sighed and rolled his eyes. "Whatever Hannie. I'm tired, and I know you are too. So let's just go to bed and catch up in the morning." Junhui moved around the kitchenette and into his room with no more words. 

Jeonghan groaned and let his head fall onto the counter. "He's going to be moody for a while." 

Seungcheol rubbed his back. "Come on. We'll all be more compatible after we get some sleep." 

He nodded and pulled himself up, following Seungcheol to his room. The elder reached down and twined their fingers together, and Jeognhan smiled at him gratefuly, resting his head on his shoulder for a moment before they walked into his room. They lay down next to each other, Jeonghan with his head tucked on Seungcheol's broad chest under his chin and Seungcheol's arm around his waist. They fell asleep listening to the sound of each other's breathing. 

 

/       /       /

 

It appeared, that they did all feel more compatible after some sleep. They woke up and went into the kitchen to see Junhui flipping pancakes. Shirtless, but making pancakes nonetheless. 

"Morning!" Jun chirped. 'Pancakes?"

"Please," Seungcheol practically drooled, throwing himself down onto bar stool the had at the counter. Jeonghan rolled his eyes at his boyfriend, but slid onto a stool next to him. Jun grinned at them and placed two plates heaped with steaming, fluffy pancakes in front of them. 

"I swear, Jun," Jeonghan said around a mouthful of pancake. "You seriously should've gone into culinary school. Your cooking is--"

"Amazing~" Seungcheol moaned. 

Junhui blushed. "Thank you."

Jeonghan grinned at his roommate, then swallowed his mouthful. "So Junnie." 

Mentioned male's shy smile melted of his face. "What?" he replied, looking a bit nervous. 

Jeonghan leaned forward on his elbows, his chin propped on his intertwined fingers, like a high school girl at an ice cream parlor. "Tell me about this thing you have with Minghao."

Jun sighed and turned off the stove. "I told you on the phone what was happening."

"No, don't pull that on me Wen Junhui," Jeonghan replied, his mom tone slipping into his voice. "I can tell something else happened." 

Jun sighed. "Look, I didn't - we didn't - I just - he came home drunk Friday night."

Jeonghan fixed Jun with a reprimanding look. "Please tell me you didn't," he muttered. 

"No, but he begged me to." 

Jeonghan choked on his pancake. "He did?"  

Jun nodded sadly. "He said, 'Break me Jun. you've done it before, just, don't let me go.'" He hung his head as he leaned over the counter and softly banged it.

Jeonghan reached out and took his roommate's hand. "What did you do?" He asked softly. 

"I almost did, Hannie," Jun croaked, his voice cracking. Seungcheol's loud, happy chewing had subsided. "I - we kissed again, and it was just so... so much like how it used to be. I love him Hannie," he continued. "More than I've loved anyone else. When he said that, I just--"

"Believed it was real," Jeonghan ended. Jun lifted his head to look at him. "I know, Junnnie, I know." He felt Seungcheol's gaze shift towards him, but he ignored it. "Where did you sleep?"

"Next to him," Jun whispered. "Like how we used to. But I woke up before he did." 

Jeonghan nodded. "Are you going over to tutor Chan today?"

Jun nodded. "Yeah. He's struggling in his math course." 

Jeonghan nodded. "Okay. Do your best."

Hi s roommate coughed. "That's it? That's the advice you have for me?"

Jeonghan shrugged and pulled his hand back. "I've never gone through what you're going through. Work it out. You're a grown man. I think."

Jun glowered at him, then reached forward and grabbed a pancake, eating it angrily. Jeonghan rolled his eyes then continued to eat the rest of his pancakes. It took him a moment to realize Seungcheol was still looking at him. 

"Yes?" he asked attractively around a mouthful of pancake.

"What was that about believing it was real?" 

Jeonghan worked to keep his face free of any emotion. "What?"

Seungcheol's face was serious. "Don't play dumb. What was that about?"

Jeonghan shook his head. "It's nothing." He quickly went back to his pancakes, deliberately avoiding Seungcheol's calculating gaze.

The elder continued to look at him, before he was surprised with a kiss against his temple. "Let's go to my place."

He glanced to his side to see Seungcheol looking at him, his coffee eyes shadowed with something Jeonghan couldn't place. He swallowed. "Sure, okay. Let me get ready." The elder nodded and leaned back, letting him go. Trying to fight down the blood rushing to his cheeks, Jeonghan stood up and placed his plate on the counter by the sink for Jun, if he wanted. Holding his breath, he ducked into his room to get ready, feeling Seungcheol's eyes on him as he moved. He locked the door for good measure, feeling a bit suffocated by the elder's dominating presence. He tied his hair back into a ponytail and pulled on a pale pink plain tee and black skinny jeans. He grabbed a denim jacket out of his closet and retrieved his phone from where it had been charging on his nightstand before slipping out of his room.

Seungcheol looked up as he walked in, then stood and stepped around him to go get ready. Their hands brushed as the elder passed, and Jeonghan felt a jolt course up his arm. He pulled his hand away, but it Seungcheol noticed, he didn't show it. The tension between them had risen to a level that Jeonghan had never experienced, the atmosphere in the room almost unbearable. He moved to the door and shoved his feet into his white sneakers before waiting awkwardly for Seungcheol to come back out. 

When he finally did, Jeonghan was nearly crushed by the aura the elder was radiating. Something was off, but Jeonghan knew Seungcheol would wait untill they were in his own house before saying anything. In the deafening silence, Jeonghan took a moment to look over the elder. Once again, he was in all black; a black tee depicting some english phrase, black jeans, black shoes, a black jacket and a black beanie. Jeonghan wanted to make a remark about him looking more emo than Wonwoo ('cause he did), but the atmosphere was too tense. Seungcheol had his bags over his shoulder, and something about that sight made Jeonghan's heart twist, as if the elder was actually leaving. 

"Are you ready?" Seungcheol asked, his deep voice startling Jeonghan. 

"W-what? Oh, yeah." He awkwardly grabbed his keys. 

The went downstairs, the silence between them severely uncomfortable, but Seungcheol made no move to speak. The caught a cab and headed towards Seungcheol's penthouse. 

 

/       /      /

 

Jun sighed, then knocked on the door of the dorm he had left the night before. 

Minghao opened the door. When he saw Jun, his expression soured. "He's in his room," he muttered, then stalked away, leaving Jun standing in the doorway, his mouth open. He was going to say something, but you know, maybe not. 

"Channie?" He called, knocking on the freshman's door. The door flew open and Chan flew out, flinging himself around Jun. 

"Finally!" The freshman cried. "I really need your help, Junnie-hyung!"

He smiled and ruffled the kid's hair before following him into his room. Chan threw himself on his bed, then patted the space next to him for Jun to sit down. He smiled and obliged. 

They started what Chan had been working on, sitting side-by-side on the younger's bed. Jun watched as he scribbled down numbers and figures, telling him what he should be doing instead, or what he had missed. The day wore on, and they continued to work, switching from Chan's math to his chemistry course. Jun continued to help, reading some things from the freshman's textbook, or writing down some practice problems. 

Suddenly, Chan tossed down his pencil and stretched. "I'm hungry~" he whined loudly. Jun wondered what the freshman wanted him to do about it, but a moment later, a sound not unlike a puppy bark traveled through the wall. Chan grinned. "Hao-hyung and I communicate like that. He'll be making me a sandwhich or something now. Do you want anything?"

Jun shrugged. "I could eat," he mused. 

Chan grinned, then barked twice. He heard a bark back. 

"You two understand each other?" Jun asked. 

Chan nodded. "We just kidna developed the habit. It's less obnoxious then yelling. "

Jun nodded. Minghao brought them some cheese and crackers, barrely spending 30 seconds in the room before ducking out, his hood up. Jun wanted to say something to him, to ask how he was feeling or something of the like, but Minghao wouldn't look at him.

Chan brought him back to studying, but soon, it was dark outside, and the next thing Jun knew, Chan fell asleep with his head on Jun's shoulder. 

Minghao had left the door open a crack, but neither of them had noticed. 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*PLEASE READ*

guys, i really didn't want to put that there, but no one replied to my request last update, and i need ur help. I really want to make a trailer for this fic, but i at video editing, and I was wondering if any of you knew anyone who could help me out. please comment or message me if you can, and thank you. I don't wanna be like those people who have to put please read up there every time. you guys dont have to read my a/ns, but sometimes i really do need you guys for something. 

also, i need to stop killing my own feels. 

sorry about the wait too, I've been balancing my other fics in the works and high school is hard. also, my wifi is screwed up, so thats another thing. 

thank you for your patience everybody, I really appreciate it!

love you awesome nerds!