Chapter 6

Six Weeks till Forever

Jeonghan was laying across his couch with a pillow over his face, trying to dull the pounding in his head. He had skipped his Psych class that morning due to taking care of Jihoon, who had vomited at least three more times, as well as nursing his own hangover. All the lights were dimmed, and the apartment was nearly pitch black despite it being around three in the afternoon. He had drawn the curtians to cover the bright sunlight streaming through the apartment, and it was still to bright. So there he was, with a pillow over his face.

A knock on the door snapped him out of his annoyed daze. "It's unlocked," he called, his voice muffled.  

The sound of the door opening and someone coming in inspired Jeonghan to maybe look at who had come in. He dragged the pillow off his face and groaned as light showered his face. But then, a shadow fell over him and he relaxed as the deep voice spoke. 

"Morning Angel. Or should I say, afternoon?" 

"Choi Seungcheol, why the are you here?" He hissed. 

Seungcheol laughed. "What, I can't come take care of you when you have a hangover?" 

Jeonghan just groaned and pulled the pillow back over his face. "If you have to be here, at least be quiet. And close the ing blinds!" He snapped. 

Seungcheol chuckled in response, then suddenly, the pillow was thrown off Jeonghan's face and he was forcibly dragged up into something warm and strong. He sighed against Seungcheol's chest. 

"Why are you like this?" 

Seungcheol huffed into his hair. "I'm trying to help you, let me be nice for once." 

"Don't do it, it doesn't suit you." 

Seungcheol shoved him away playfully. "Wow, some fake boyfriend you are." Jeonghan flashed him a painful grin and fell on his back. 

"Ahhhhh, I'm so flippin' tired. Jihoon didn't go home until like, forty-five minutes ago, and it was only because Soonyoung came and carried him out. I had to deal with his alcohol-induced vomit all over Jun's carpet, as well as my new rug in the bathroom!" Jeonghan moaned in exhaustion as he finished his ranting, throwing an arm over his sore eyes. 

"Sounds rough," Seungcheol hummed, typing on his phone. 

"Was that sarcasm?" Jeonghan asked suspiciously. 

Seungcheol shrugged. "It can be." 

He frowned. "Can you please give me a decent answer for once in these six weeks?" Jeonghan huffed. 

Seugcheol shrugged again. "I mean, I guess." 

Jeonghan groaned and threw his pillow at his fake boyfriend. "Why are you here?" 

Seungcheol merely tossed the pillow back and shrugged for the umpteenth time. "Felt like stopping by." 

"Well, you've done that, goodbye now," Jeonghan told him. Suddenly, Seungcheol sighed and threw his phone to the side before leaning over and picking up Jeonghan. He settled over Seungcheol's lap, stradling him as the elder had hinted at, and rested his head on Seungcheol's broad shoulders as he positioned them against the arm of the couch. 

"I'm trying to be a decent person, Jeonghan, let me try," Seungcheol murmured in his ear. Jeonghan just yawned. 

"How come you're always the one coming over here?" He accused. "What if I wanna go to your house?" 

"We can," Seungcheol replied. "But I'm already here." 

"So? You have a car, let's use it," Jeonghan reasoned, sitting back. 

Seungcheol raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure? You're nursing a hangover, practically asleep on my lap, and I'm already here."

"Please?" Jeonghan begged, ignoring the fact that Seungcheol had a pretty good argument. 

The elder let out a long sigh. "Fine, go get ready." 

Jeonghan smiled and pecked the elder's cheek in thanks before he slowly got up and went into his room to get ready. He decided to stay in his joggers and hoodie, but he ducked into the bathroom to fix his hair. He grabbed his phone and keys from off his dresser, then came back out, shoving his feet into his sneakers. 

Seungcheol led him out of his little apartment and waited patiently as he locked the door. They descended the stairs together, Jeonghan complaining the whole way down the first two flights that the elevator needed to be fixed. Getting tired of Jeonghan's whining, Seungcheol had literallly forced Jeonghan to climb on his back. He carried the younger all the way down the rest of the stairs and through the lobby, ignoring the looks they attracted. 

Seungcheol dumped Jeonghan in the passenger seat of his car. This time he came in a deep blue porsche with leather, heated seats. All of Seungcheol's cars were amazing.

Jeonghan settled into the seat and propped his feet on the dashboard. Seungcheol merely looked at him before sighing. "You are just trying to get on my nerves today, aren't you?" 

"No," Jeonghan protested adolescently. "This is just how I am when I'm hungover." 

Seungcheol hummed in disbelief but let it drop. 

Jeonghan drummed his fingers against the seat as Seungcheol drove downtown, farther away from campus and Jeonghan's little apartment and into the main city, where all the finance and business buildings were. Seungcheol parked his car in a tall parking garage in a reserved spot next to his black sports car and a sleek red convertible. 

"Come on, let's go," he said, climbing out of the car. Jeonghan's followed suit and walked after his fake boyfriend, trailing after him as he admired the buildings. He was used to Seungcheol waiting for him and holding his hand when they were in public, but now Seungcheol was walking ahead of him at a brisk, professional pace. Jeonghan knew why. They were in the place were Seungcheol lived and worked, filled with professional businesses and employers. In a place like this, it was important to stay professional lest you were seen by colleagues or seniors in the industry. 

Jeonghan tried to ignore the disdainful sniffs and glares as he walked. He suddenly wished had changed clothes. Compared to all these people in work clothes on their commute through the city, he probably looked like, well, a gutter rat. 

Seungcheol led them to one of the tallest, fanciest apartment buildings downtown. Jeonghan held his breath as he stepped in the luxurious lobby, following Seungcheol to the elevator. The elevator was made of glass, and Jeonghan's breath was taken away as he watched all the different floors speed past. The elevator finally stopped at the top floor, the doors opening into a penthouse. Seungcheol's penthouse. 

Jeonghan looked around as he toed off his sneakers and left them by the elevator. The penthouse had a black and white feel with dark furniture and simple decor. There was a glass staircase to his left and a grand piano resting on a raised dais near the glass door to the balcony. Seungcheol went upstairs without a word, leaving Jeonghan in his living room. He perched on Seungcheol's leather couch awkwardly, not sure what to do. Seungcheol came down a moment later in a white t-shirt and  black sweats, a sharp contrast to the jeans and sweater he had been wearing earlier. 

He sat down next to Jeonghan and leaned back, holding out an arm. Jeonghan tentatively leaned into the elder's side. "Nice place you got here," he tried awkwardly, the atmosphere in the room a little too tense for his liking. 

Seungcheol shrugged. "It's alright." 

Jeonghan rolled his eyes. "I swear, it's people like you who ruin this world because they have no idea how lucky they are." Seungcheol just shrugged. Jeonghan scowled. "Will you stop shrugging, it's getting annoying." 

Seungcheol shrugged. 

Jeonghan growled and stood up, walking over to sit on the piano bench. Just then. There was a pattering against he window. He turned to see rain running down the glass panes and his shoulders fell. "It's raining. But it was sunny earlier." 

"It's just water," Seungcheol said boredly. 

Jeognhan glared at him. "What is with you today? You come to my apartment acting all nice, like a real boyfriend, and then we get to your place, and now you're all grumpy and indifferent!" 

Seungcheol looked at him, hen sighed and stood up, coming over to him. He looked up as Seungcheol stopped in front of him. The elder reached out and tucked a loose strand of hair away before leaning down and kissing the top of his head. 

"Sorry," he murmured. "It's just that now that we're here, I'm afraid." 

"Of what?" Jeonghan asked as Seungcheol sat down next to him. 

"Of you." 

Jeonghan blinked and looked at him. "What do you mean?" 

Seungcheol sighed and looked away as he murmured, "you're the only person besides Vernon who's seen my apartment." 

Jeonghan froze. "I am?" He whispered. Suddenly Seungcheol's penthouse seemed like much more than just an apartment. 

Seungcheol nodded. "I don't like letting people see my personal life. I'm afraid that you'll find out something I don't want you to." 

Jeonghan sighed. "Seungcheol, you don't have to-" 

"I know I don't Jeonghan, but it's how I feel." 

Jeonghan looked at his fake boyfriend. Seungcheol's chocolate eyes were shadowed by his black hair, and for the first time, Seungcheol looked vulnerable, like a real person instead of a stuck-up bad boy like he tried so hard to be. 

"Seungcheol, look at me," he commanded. The elder obeyed. Jeonghan took Seungcheol's face in his hands and looked him straight in those gorgeous chocolate eyes. "I know I said that a relationship, even if it's fake, wouldn't work with me if there were secrets involved. But it doesn't mean that I'm gonna go digging around in your life like you did with mine," Seungcheol's eyes flashed, "it just means that I expect you to let me get to know you. Okay?" 

Seungcheol took Jeonghan's hands off his face and held them in his lap. "Sorry about getting Jun to tell me all that. And I'll try." 

Jeonghan nodded. "Thank you. Now then, my head hurts." 

Seungcheol rolled his eyes and smiled. "Okay, give me a second." 

 

///////////\///////////\////////////\////////////\////////////\

 

Jeonghan jolted awake as thunder cracked outside. For a second he was alarmed as he didn't know where he was, but then he remembered. He glanced to his right and sure enough, there was Seungcheol, sleeping peacefully with his arm wrapped his shoulders. 

Lightly shaking off Seungcheol, Jeonghan sat up and shook back his he'd hair, reaching over his sleeping boyfriend and grabbing his phone from the glass coffee table. He winced when he saw the three missed calls and fifteen messages from Junhui. 

 

From: Princess

 

Hey, when r u gonna get home?

 

From: Princess

Hannie?

 

From: Princess

Eomma, I'm hungry~~

 

From: Princess

Is ur phone on?

 

From: Princess

Hannie, it's getting late.

 

From: Princess

Please come home

 

From: Princess

Hannie, I even made dinner

 

From: Princess

For real, come home, I'm getting worried

 

From: Princess

Hannie, Where r u?

 

From: Princess

Jeonghan, pls check ur phone!!!

 

From: Princess

Jeonghan...

 

From: Princess

I'm really worried, where r u???

 

From: Princess

Come home, please!!!

 

From: Princess

Hannie!

 

From: Princess

Istg, HANNIE!!

 

From: Princess

OMFG, WHERE R UUUUUU???

 

Jeonghan sighed and send Jun a quick text telling him where he was and that he would be home in the morning before carefully climbing over Seungcheol's sleeping form. They had been watching a movie because there was really nothing else to do at Seungcheol's apartment, and they must've fallen asleep. 

He crept upstairs and poked his head in a couple of different, empty rooms before he located the bathroom. After doing his thing, he quietly washed his hands and wiped them on his shirt as he came out. His gaze stuck in the door across the way from the bathroom. It was the only room he hadn't stuck his head in, and his curiosity peaked. Glancing down the hall warily to check that Seungcheol wasn't there, he darted across the hall and opened the door. 

It was Seungcheol's room. 

He knew he should've just bailed right there, but his curiosity got the better of him. He stepped fully into the room and looked around, leaving the door open slightly. It was a mess in there. Expensive clothes were strewn about the room sloppily, hanging off the bad post and the backs of chairs. There was a large desk to one side, the only clean part of the room, with neat files and stacks of papers. Jeonghan went over to it and glanced over a few of th papers, seeing mostly business transactions and finance records. Jeonghan frowned. Why would all of this be on a college student's desk? He shook his head and let his eyes travel to the wall above the desk. A few things were pinned there, including a photo of him and his parents and a large, golden retriever. He smiled at the photo and reached out to touch it. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" 

Jeonghan jumped and looked at the door in alarm, seeing Seungcheol's tall figure silhouetted against the light from the hall. 

"I, uh..." 

Seungcheol strode forward and grabbed Jeonghan's arm before throwing him on the disaster of a bed. 

"Who said you could come in here?" Seungcheol asked, his voice cold and deep. Fear flitted in Jeonghan's stomach and he whimpered slightly. He'd never seen Seungcheol like this. 

"Well?" The elder hissed. "I'm waiting." 

Jeonghan just stared at him. His throat had closed up, and he could feel his arm burning from where Seungcheol had touched him. 

"You said you wouldn't go digging around in my life Jeonghan," Seungcheol growled. "Well what the hell is this!" He leaned forward and gripped Jeonghan's shoulders, shaking him. 

Tears pricked at Jeonghan's eyes. "Seungcheol, stop," he choked out. "Seungcheol, you're hurting me." 

Seungcheol's curled for a second, before his eyes softened and he looked down at his hands, his fingers digging into Jeonghan's skin. 

"Oh, god..." The elder breathed, before his grip loosened and he took a step back, running a hand through his glossy black hair. Jeonghan scrambled further up on the bed, curling his legs close to his body. 

Seungcheol looked a him, alarm in his chocolate eyes. "What have I done," the elder breathed, looking at Jeonghan curled and defenseless on his bed. 

"Jeonghan, I-" 

"I think I should leave," he whispered, cutting the elder off. "I'll call Jihoon to come get me." He stood up and walked past Seungcheol, biting his lip in fear. He had made it to the door of the room before Seungcheol stopped him with a hand on his wrist. 

"Jeonghan please, can we talk about this?" 

He shook his head. "I'll see you on Monday." Jeonghan pulled his wrist out of Seungcheol's hand and  hurried downstairs, grabbing his phone and his sneakers by the elevator and ducking into the glass box. 

His fingers fumbled over the screen of his phone as he found Jihoon's number and pressed call. His small friend picked up on the fourth ring. 

"Hannie, what the is wrong with you, it's two in the morning on a Sunday." 

"Jihoon?" He asked, his voice shaking. 

His friend must've gotten the message, because the next thing he said was, "Where are you, I'll be right there."