He Got Talent

Beauty's Bodyguard

"Yuri sshi..." he called me one night on my way home.

 

"You're not following me, are you?" I asked coldly.

 

"I am..."

 

My heart skipped... I missed being followed by him. Argh! What am I saying? This guy has touched me and kissed me and... I looked at him smiling.

 

"Why are you smiling?" I asked irritably. Don't you know that I'm having sleepless nights because of that smile, that face.

 

"It’s been a while since I last followed you... I'm glad you're not that upset." he said.

 

I tried hard not to smile. How could he have such a special face? When he's protecting me, he becomes one of those handsome action star that takes my breath away. When he is smiling at me like this, he looks so adorable he just takes my breath away.

 

Uh, damn...either way he just takes my breath away. This Jung Yunho… you must have been all the air around me.

 

Nevertheless, I'm still happy to see him walking with me. He doesn't look like a bodyguard when we walk side by side... we look more like lovers.

 

'Oppa' I secretly said.

 

--------------

 

"Yuri shii..." I called, she looked at me with that gentle smile and suddenly changed her expression into those cold ones that she always have.

 

"What?" she asked.

 

"Nothing... I just thought I heard you saying, Oppa. Are you calling someone?"

 

I don't want to assume that it’s me, although, I'll be fine with her calling me that.

 

She blushed for no reason. Girls… they surely are the weirdest type of creature.

 

----------

 

Oh damn! I thought I only said it in my mind. How could I say it loudly? Good thing he's not conceited like some other guy. Jung Yunho... Yunho oppa. From now on, I will call you Oppa in my mind.

Because... as annoying you are, as gentleman as you are, as stupid and idiot you are, as protective and caring as you are... you always take my breath away. I like you because of that.

 

Uh, I should not even be thinking about it. But don't question me anymore. This POV made it very hard for me...even denying to myself that I like him. Shut it up Kwon Yuri... as long as he will never know. You can always like him.

 

"Yuri sshi..." he called again. "You'll be watching the You Got Talent, right?"

 

Why is he asking me? Perhaps... he will, too?

 

"I don't have any friends aside from Hyukjae and Shindong, I only have you to watch me." he looked down.

 

Even when looking sad...Oppa, you're the most handsome.

 

"Tsch. Can you really dance?" I asked mockingly. He wouldn't know I'm dying to see him on stage. Sshhh... I cannot be too obvious.

 

He smiled shyly. "I'm not that good but I can still follow."

 

"Tsch. Fine. I'll be watching. Don't disappoint me otherwise... I'll laugh at you big time." I opened my gate and went inside looking at him for the last time.

 

--------------

 

"Goodnight. Yuri sshi." I said when she closed the door. I went to my apartment happily.

 

Since when did guarding someone become this exciting? I just wish it will always be like this. Happily walking with her side by side, seeing her fiercely looking at me with those y eyes. Or throwing her temper about me guarding her. Yuri sshi... You have no idea how much I want to show off for you on that day. Please look forward to it.

 

After a week of practice, finally, the stage is on. From the back stage, I looked at the audiences and saw Yuri sshi already sitting down. In the third row, second chair from the aisle. Suddenly, stage jitters came up to me...what if I mess up? What if I cannot remember the steps? What if...

 

"Hyung let's go." Hyukjae tapped my shoulders and off we go.

 

I breathe in before the music started, I heard girls suddenly screaming...

 

"Yunho Oppa, hwaiting!"

-------------

 

What the heck?! He just stood up not doing anything yet and that bunch of girls is already calling him Oppa?!

 

Yah! That's my Oppa... if there's anyone who has to call him Oppa that should be me!

 

Wait... I'm too agitated here. I didn't thought he has a lot of admirers even without doing anything in school.

 

Moving on, what the heck is this?! He said he can only follow steps yet he made Hyukjae and Shindong looked like his back up dancer.

 

Uh! Yunho Oppa, do not pop that chest too much, I'm having a headache here.

 

Cheers from girls suddenly flood the whole venue and I suddenly felt dizzy when he suddenly do a  body wave. Yuri-ah get a grip it’s just a-

 

Can he just stop looking y while doing that jazz hands-touching body whatever you call that dance move is? Oppa... I'm not supposed to be a fan girl! You're forcing me to become one. I'm supposed to be the hot-headed, fierce Kwon Yuri.

 

He turn his back signaling that it's the end of the song but the group suddenly stopped and left the audience a killer look that just melted their heart...well our hearts. Jung Yunho... I blame you for this.

 

I can't believe he effortlessly took every single one's breath away... Or is it just me? This is getting harder each day. Every side of him is just amazing... Jung Yunho, stop making me fall for you.

 

----------

 

"Hyungnim, you were great back there!" Singdong shouted.

 

"I'm quite sure we already hooked the first place. Thanks, Yunho hyungnim!" Hyukjae said hugging me while laughing that wa-ha-ha laugh of his.

 

And we did, we hooked the first prize. I'm glad these two were able to get the money they need.

 

"Yunho hyungnim..." Shindong called before I go home. I looked back as I carried my bag.

 

He extended his hands with an envelope in it. "What's that?" I asked.

 

"Your share. You helped us with the dance routine and helped us win so of course we'll divide the prize with you."

 

I smiled at them and took the price happily. "Thanks!" I said and walked away.