Parting Ways

Beauty's Bodyguard

"Are you... for real?" I looked up as Boss Kwon never took his eyes away from me. "I'm talking about Yuri...do really like my daughter?"

 

Do I really like Yuri? Do I really like his daughter? Is he kidding me? I don't like Kwon Yuri... I'm in love with her! With all my honesty and sincerity.

I met Boss' eyes and took a deep breath.

 

"I like her... more than anyone else. In fact... I am in love with her," I can see Boss' eyes changing into smaller glare but not for a long time.

 

"Even without those eyes? Even without anything she has right now?" he asked. Is he testing me? I looked a bit sour...if he's going to extract Yuri's eyes just for us to be together... I might think twice. I'd rather see those eyes on her and look at her from afar than see her regretting not seeing anything at all.

 

"I never wanted those eyes...it puts her on danger. But I like the fact that because of it she's always in danger... I have more chance of staying by her side." I gathered all my confidence to maintain eye contact with him. "I love Yuri, Boss... and if you would allow me... I will take care of her for the rest of my life."

 

He smirked a bit as he looked at me sharply. "And you actually think you deserve someone like my daughter?" he shook his head and walked around me. He never did this to me... from the time he picked me up from the dump where I came from... but now, I can feel that he is really looking down on me.

 

"If you want my daughter... work hard for it."

 

What? I could only look at him with confusion, of course. He took a thick white envelope inside his pocket and handed it to me.

 

"If you want to be deserving for Yuri...work hard for her."

 

I didn't say anything. What's with the sudden sweetness in his voice and spark in his eyes? "From the time Yuri said she wanted a bodyguard instead of a husband,  I knew that she is in love with you. Yunho-yah."

 

Since...when... I mean...

 

"Jung Yunho... be deserving for my daughter. Use this to finish your studies and stand on your own. Come back when you think you can take her. For now... I will reject the thought that you have some feelings for her. Besides, I want her to strive harder for everything she would like to have."

 

"Boss..."

 

"I'll be selfish for now and will ask you not to show yourself to Yuri...until you are the Jung Yunho I can look up to."

 

It wasn't a good idea but it wasn't bad as well. Its just that...why can't we just strive hard together? Why can't we just be together and prove our worth while striving? But it is a choice...this is what my future father-in-law (if ever) would want me to do to be with Yuri... I want to be with Yuri... I will be... in the future.

 

Those were the last things I have in my mind as I pack my things in my bag. I've decided to pursue my college and will try my luck somewhere.

 

I sighed as I stood up, fixed my backpack and my luggage. I stood at the taxi bay as I wait. This is it...goodbye for now... Yuri ah...

 

"Oppa~!"

 

I smiled at myself...yeah... Yuri calling me Oppa sounds a lot better than...

 

"Yah! Jung Yunho!"

 

I looked back... I thought my mind was just playing with me when I heard her voice but it was not. I slowly widen my eyes. Tell me this is real... she's running towards me. Kwon Yuri is here standing in front of me, catching her breath while looking at me.

 

"Yah Jung Yunho! You're not deserting again, right?" she asked me. How could Boss says she likes me? Look at those I-can-kill-you stare. She straightened up and suddenly I found my neck being around her arms. Her chest pressing my mine and her head is slightly below the side of my chin.

 

"Oppa...don't leave." she whispered. Of course, I was weaken by that voice. She never spoke this softly to me...and I would be damned if I wouldn't listen.

 

However, if I do this... how will I face her father? How can I stand tall and prove to him that I deserve this angelic daughter of his?

 

These thougts were in my mind as I wrapped her tight in my arms. Even tighter than how she is holding me. If she's not as fit as she is, I might have break her into two. But this is Kwon Yuri... the most competitive, hot-tempered, and the loveliest girl I have ever seen. She hugged me even tighter like competing with me. I didn't lose a bit...if I can just keep her beside me. But this is a decision I will have to do to deserve her father's blessing.

 

When we let go, I immediately wiped the tears that she was shedding. "Yuri ah... you have to wait for me. When I come back, I'll stand beside you with my head held up high."

 

I know that she wanted to stop me, I know that she wanted to cling on to me more... but she looked at me with those eyes, gently.

 

"Oppa..."

 

-----------

With my heart that loves you, with these eyes that only sees you... I'll wait for you.

 

I cannot say those words using my voice. I'll send this meesage through my heart. I took one step closer to him but before I was able to do what I was thinking...

 

Jung Yunho leaned towards me and placed his lips close to mine. I raised up my head and readily waited for him to kiss me but... "can I kiss you?"

Oppa..seriously, seeing me here and clinging on to you, do you think I would reject the thought of you kissing me on your own will? Besides, how could you not forget that rule?!

 

Anyways, let me shut my mind. I nodded quickly and he didn't let a single second pass by as he kiss me on my lips shortly but passionately. He used those big hands to cup my cheeks and looked at me in the eyes. "Yuri ah... you too, have to follow your dreams, and when we meet again... I'll never let go of you anymore."

 

With those small, beautiful eyes... I know it is a promise he will fulfill. I nodded and kissed him longer for the last time. Oppa, as much as the snow that will fall on winter, as much as the sun rays that will touch my skin on summer, that's how long I'll wait for you.

 

He smiled at me. "I'll see you again... Yuri ah."

 

Just in time when he showed that child-like smile, a cab came and stopped in front of us. He didn't wait for me to say anything anymore. He took his luggage and went inside.

 

Oppa...

 

Words didnt come out but he looked at me with an assuring smile and so, how can I send someone with tears?

 

I kissed my hand and wave goodbye. The cab started moving and Jung Yunho looked out of the window until I cannot see him anymore.

 

Oppa...come back soon.

-----

guys, it's almost time to end this fanfic! hang on until the end ok!?