The Secret in Yuri's Eye

Beauty's Bodyguard

"I'm just someone who happened to pass by and saw the incident and wanted to help." I said trying to convince Yuri sshi. She still looks suspicious but I'd rather not let her deal with it anymore. I went back to my apartment and secretly watched her. In school, I tried watching her 3 tables away from where she is seated. This time, maybe she will lessen her suspicion in me.

 

I was eating my lunch when two lizards came to me. Come to think of it, they look like human being, but what's with that hair? Like those of a pre-debut wannabe artist who doesn't have money for a proper haircut.

 

"Hi!" the thin guy with an 'I was struck by a lightning' hair came up to me. Those highlighted fringe, I feel like shaving his head. I just looked at him while he smiled at me with those gums. Uh, Jung Yunho, can you just stop saying bad things to those unattractive people?

 

Anyway, he tapped the fat guy beside him and he smiled and greeted me as well.

 

"Hi..." he said. What's wrong with this two? Something must be wrong with their clothes, the thin looking guy has an awfully lose uniform and the other one has an awfully tight uniform; I can see the big bulk of tummy wanting to come out from his poor clothes.

 

"What do you want?" I asked trying not to show my interest.

 

They both hurriedly sat down in front of me and almost lean towards my face.

 

"I'm Hyukjae..."

 

"Im Shin Donghee... Shindong for you," they excitedly say. I just looked at them wondering why they are bothering me?

 

"So what is it that you want?" I asked.

 

"We heard you are following a girl from our class..." Hyukjae said.

 

"I do... so what?"

 

"Do you really follow her day and night? Is it true that you even bought a house in front of her apartment?" Shindong said.

 

"It's my duty to follow her wherever she goes." I said seriously.

 

"Whoa! This is the first time I met a stalker who thinks stalking is a duty... cool!" Hyukjae said smiling with those gums again and Shindong giving a thumb up sign.

 

Wait, why the hell do I need to tell them these anyway and... stalker?! Then again... they surprised me...

 

"Hyungnim!" they started with a bow. "Please take us as your underlings!"

 

What the- what exactly was that? They want me to be their...what?! I thought for a while.

 

Well, they absolutely look incapable of doing anything but at least they can be my undercover/ disguise in my tailing mission. Besides, I don't have any underlings... I should start recruiting for some. Fine.

 

I straighten my back and crossed my arms. "Alright, from now on, you'll stay with me in school and help me do my work at times. But, don't try ruin any of the plans... understand?"

 

"Yes, Hyungnim!" they shouted.

 

Hyungnim... wow I like the sound of it. I sounded like a boss.

 

--------------

 

From that time on, the two followed me wherever I go. They were of some benefits when I took them as my underlings, I have to admit. Their comical face and their presence made me belong to the school. I've lessened my stiffness and at least made some effort in my home works and exams.

 

Anyway during one school day, I've decided to follow her 15 steps away instead of the usual 8 steps. She cannot feel my presence anymore which is a good thing. However, some random bastards blocked her way.

 

I wanted to run immediately but suddenly thought it would be better if I stay and watch for a while. Maybe, she can simply kick those and I'll just step in when she needs more help.

 

I was right, she did kicks and combos and in a matter of minutes the guys were lying down on the floor. But that was not the end of it. She found 5 more guys surrounding her and the other 3 standing up. She cannot handle them anymore even with those kicks. She needed help.

 

--------------

 

This plot is getting weirder each day. One day, I was followed by a certain Jung Yunho. One night, I was followed by 2 random guys. And now 8! What exactly is the problem?! I looked around. I can handle them if this is a sparring type of fight, where these bastards will attack me one by one. But this is already too hard for me since they are attacking me left and right! Exactly who did I offend for me to be treated like this?!

 

I was hit by one of the bastards, one with a silly mohawk and believe me, I felt like I was unconscious for a sec. One more guy was about to attack me when I saw the serious looking stalker, Jung Yunho stopping him with one punch.

 

He threw kicks and punches to the bastards attacking me. I didn't notice how long his legs  and lean his thighs are until now, y. Can I just say he was absolutely handsome and damn manly with those fringes bouncing up and down his forehead? Ok, cut that.

 

I stood up and stood back to back with him ready for battle. "You're not following me again, are you?" I asked.

 

"I happen to pass by. This is the way to my house as well, remember?" he said walking slowly in circle still in a back to back position with me.

 

"Wait...you're not hurt, right?  He suddenly said.

 

"Not really, but one of them hit my face damn hard. It's a bit painful." I'll remember to kick his face before this battle is over.

 

"Which one?" he asked while he surveyed the guys surrounding us.

 

"The one with a mohawk hair."

 

I was so shock when the mohawk guy suddenly flew away few meters back as Jung Yunho suddenly kicked him in the face. Good one!

 

But everything happened so fast, I suddenly felt a cold circular thing on my head and a guy whispered with his cold voice. "If you move, your scattered brain will be on the floor," he moved a finger. Click. I knew that sound... a gun was on my head.

 

------------

 

No one can lay a finger on the Boss' daughter, as long as I am here.

 

"The one with a mohawk hair."

 

Catastrophe kick! I kicked him with all the force I can give and he flew away. That one is for the Boss' daughter.

 

Yuri sshi and I started fighting them until there was only two left. She's damn y with those high kicks and hair flipping thing. Sorry… a bit destructed. Focus, Jung Yunho.

 

I didn't pay much attention to her believing she can handle to kick some of them but...

 

"Yah! You rascal!" some bastard called me. I suddenly stopped when I saw Yuri sshi being held by one of them with a gun on her head.

 

I cannot move. If anything bad happens to her, I might as well bring myself to my own death... I’m not going to do that. I have to protect her.

 

I didn't noticed someone walking behind me. The next thing I know Yuri sshi shouted...

 

"Jung Yunho!"

 

I felt a cold metal being hit at my back, I turned around but fell back.

 

-----------

 

Jung Yunho was unconscious, and we were both dragged in a secluded and abandoned garage. I was tied up and was still trying to fight but this mohawk guy really loves hitting me.

 

"Yah! Why the hell do you keep on hitting me?!" I said as I glared at him. I looked at Yunho, he was still unconscious on the floor. If he could just stand up and help me untie myself, we can still fight together.

 

"Yah Jung Yunho!" I yelled. "Yah!" now I believe I am screaming. "Yah!" Wake up, damn it!

 

I was hit by this mohawk bastard yet again and if I could change into an incredible hulk or something I swear I’m going to crush his bones until it becomes a powder.

 

"Yah!" I said. "If you want to keep on hitting me, untie me so I can hit back. Only men with no balls do this kind of crap!" I said. Please be stupid enough to bite on the trap.

 

He smiled and untied me. Thanks for being stupid. I kicked him in his groin area and ran towards the unconscious Yunho.

 

"Jung Yunho..." I said tapping his cheeks a bit hard.

 

----------

 

I opened my eyes widely. Damn my head is aching. I looked at the worried Yuri sshi who was sitting beside me. How can a worried face be this pretty? Argh! It's not the right time to fantiasize. I stood up and suddenly received a surprised punch.

 

"Jung Yunho!"

 

One of the guys suddenly punched me which awaken me. I must protect her. Focus, Yunho-yah. I looked around ready for battle and realized that we are surrounded, yet again. I looked at Yuri sshi.

 

"Yuri sshi. I'll make a way for you to escape. Call Jungsoo Hyung and Heechul Hyung once you know you are safe." I smiled at her and looked seriously at the guys.

 

"Yah Jung Yunho! What are you talking about? How do you know about Jungsoo Oppa and Heechul oppa?"

 

"You'll know ones you're safe. Don't worry, I'll handle them."

 

---------

 

He made the first attack. Jung Yunho… I don't care about him. He's a stalker. I should go, listen to what he said and just let him stay here and die alone in a secluded place. If I am a cold hearted person, I'd probably do it. But... he still saved me a while ago. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have been here in this place...alive possibly.

 

I watched him like I was a third person in a movie. He kicked, he punched, and he threw them. Every move was done with grace and awesomeness. He showed the same moves I did a while ago, only, his looks manlier, more suave as they say.

 

Jung Yunho, who are you?

 

My thoughts was suddenly interrupted when one of the guys run towards me aiming a bottle of beer. I am rooted and unmoveable to my place. I was too glued in watching Jung Yunho that I wasn't able to think of how to move. I've forgotten how. I just closed my eyes and waited for my end. Goodbye Kwon Yuri. Too bad you'll never get to meet a handsome guy who will marry you and make a family with you. Goodbye Kwon Yuri.

 

I heard the crash but it wasn't the end of my life. If it is, how can I continue the story?

 

Before I open my eyes, I felt a warm palm on my waist and another palm on my head, arm on my shoulder. I felt a warm chest covering my rooted body with my head rested exactly on the place where his heartbeat exists. I opened my eyes and saw some droplets of liquid and pieces of the bottle crashed on Jung Yunho's head. That's right. He wrapped his arms around me and took the hitting that was meant for me. I looked at him in a very concerned way.

 

"Yah...are you ok?" I asked. His eyes are closed but not tightly. He opened his eyes like nothing happened, but I suddenly saw fire in those little eyes. He is angry. His eyes were sharp and it seemed like he has turned into a volcano in the midst of eruption.

 

He started kicking those people again. One by one, they finally fall down. He knocked out the guy who hit me a lot of times and even the guy who put a gun on my head. He was shouting fiercely like a tamed animal that turned into a monster. He didn't stop kicking until the last person standing up was knocked out. Finally, everything was done. It's all over. They all run away leaving us in the secluded place. Jung Yunho was catching his breath, I noticed that he's trying to calm down. He looked at me with a smile.

 

"Yuri sshi, are you ok?" he asked. Now I noticed blood gushing from his head...terribly. It continuously bleed and he seemed like he cannot stand properly. I was still glued on my place as he walked towards me.

 

How could a bleeding guy still have those sweet y smile? His left eye is closed because of the blood probably but he is still smiling like those of a child.

 

"Yuri sshi..." he called as he offered me his mobile phone. "they're comin-"

 

I saw his phone dialling my dad's number. He staggered and finally fell on my shoulders, unconscious.

 

I suddenly got back to reality and felt the heaviness of his body dropping on me. I held him tight... "Jung Yunho..."

 

This person...he's not dead, right?

 

"Jung Yunho, snap out of it! Yah!" I said trying to wake him up but his body has given up since a while ago. Suddenly someone shouted and run towards us.

 

"Yunho-yah!" Jungsoo oppa and Heechul oppa were surprisingly here. They seem to know Jung Yunho.

 

"What are you doing here?" I asked them.

 

They bowed at me as Jungsoo Oppa said. "I received a call from a certain Hyukjae. He said Yunho called him and asked me to come to your house but there was nobody there. Good thing someone saw what happened. It was hard searching this place, though," he explained and looked down. I like him. He treats me with respect even if I’m just a love child.

 

"Yuri sshi, we'll tell you everything later. Let's rescue Yunho first." Heechul Oppa said. I like him as well, he's straightforward and all.

 

I nodded at them as one of their big men carried Jung Yunho at the back and we brought him to the nearest hospital.

 

Surprisingly, he only has a deep cut on his head because of the bottle. No fractures, no serious injuries were found in his body. It was... a weird miracle.

 

"He's used to being beaten up, so don't be too surprise." Heechul oppa said.

 

Who is Jung Yunho? Why is he used to be beaten up? Why does Heechul and Jungsoo oppa know him? What does he got to do with me?

 

Suddenly, two of my classmates were rushing in the room.

 

"Hyungnim!" Hyukjae cried. "Hyungnim are you ok?"

 

"Hyungnim!" Shindong cried as well. "Don't die on us, please!"

 

What the heck are they talking about? This guy is not even injured after what has happened.

 

"Yah you two!" Heechul oppa called. "Stop whining like a pig before I slaughter you."

 

The 2 swallowed deeply looking down as they felt a very strong presence of Heechul and Jungsoo oppa.

 

"Who is Hyukjae?" Jungsoo asked. Hyukjae swallowed another bulk of saliva before stepping forward.

 

Jungsoo smiled at him and patted him. "Good job."

 

A man with the strongest aura came inside the room as well. My dad, he came. He walked towards Yunho and check on him. He, then, looked at me.

 

"Are you ok?" he asked me gently.

 

I don't have any grudge or whatever. I've accepted my being a love child since I am the only child in the family. Furthermore, her wife is not like those evil stepmothers in fairytales. She just insisted that I move out for my own safety because 'nobody knows my existence.'

 

I nodded. He hugged me tightly and shifted his attention to my classmates. "Who is Hyukjae?"

 

Hyukjae shyly raised his hands. My dad smiled, "Thank you for helping Yunho. If it wasn't for you, he and Yuri might have died there already."

 

Hyukjae smiled and looked down. "Don't mention it, Yunho Hyungnim. He treats us well so we like to follow him."

 

"Hyungnim?" dad asked. Yeah, what's with the Hyungnim?

 

"We heard Yunho Hyungnim was stalking one of our classmates and we really find it cool so we decided to convince him to make us his underlings," Shindong said.

 

My dad almost burst with laughter. What is so funny? This Jung Yunho is a stalker and I am the girl they are talking about.

 

"I see... By the way, I am that stalker's boss. Please… by all means, continue working for him."

 

Hyukjae and Shindong looked at each other while Jungsoo oppa and Heechul oppa are laughing silently.

 

"He's hyungnim's boss? He must be the master of all stalkers. He might train us if we work hard!" Hyukjae whispered and Shindong agreed.

 

A gasp of pain cut their conversation and we all turned to Jung Yunho.

 

--------------

 

I opened my eyes. My vision is blurry and my head is like being cracked opened. I blinked once, twice and saw Boss' gentle eyes on me.

 

"You're alright, Yunho-yah..."

 

I looked down. As a bodyguard, I failed to watch over Yuri sshi...By the way, where is she? I hope I’m not stuck in a drama-like fan fiction wherein the leading lady was abducted during the time I passed out.

 

My eyes searched for her and there she was... beside Boss, looking down but still with her charming pride. I smiled...she's safe.

 

"Yunho-yah...can you stand up?" Boss asked me. I tried moving and I was able to move.

 

"Let's go...let's talk about our family issues at home." he said which I agreed.

 

"Don't you think he must rest more?" Yuri said... to my surprise. She...she's not really the type who knows how to worry about me.

 

"He'll rest at home. You too, are going to stay there for the time being."

 

I stood up still feeling weak, Shindong and Hyukjae helped me. These bastards... I owe them one. I smiled and gladly accepted their help in bringing me to the Boss' car.

 

"You two, go back to class now. I'll be fine with them. Copy the homework for Yuri sshi." I told them which they accepted. They hurriedly bow to Boss and walked away.

 

We found ourselves sitting down inside the conference room, my head is still spinning but I tried my best to hide it. Jungsoo Hyung, Heechul Hyung, Yuri sshi, and Boss were there too.

 

---------------

 

"Yuri-ah, do you still remember when you got into an accident when you were young?" Dad asked. I looked at him and remembered.

 

That was the time umma died. I was in the hospital for more than a week and when I went back, stepmom asked me never to stay home.

 

"Do you still remember the secret that I told you after that?" he asked again.

 

'Yuri-ah... your eyes are the key to the company's vault. Once you scan your eyes on the vault, all the documents to own this land will be revealed. You are the key and I must protect you... you must leave this house right away.'

 

Those are the exact words he said... the only mistake is that he was talking to an 8 year old girl. I cannot understand it before... now I do.

 

"They've found out about it."

 

I looked at him...suddenly fear crept in my vein. So this is the reason why those people were after me.

 

"That is the reason why Yunho needs to follow you everywhere."

 

So he's not a stalker. Somehow, I find it disappointing. I have this star complex every time and I have my pride to protect.

 

"I don't need him to follow me." I said, without thinking twice.

 

Of all things that I don't want to happen aside from hurting people around me is that I hate it a lot when people gets hurt because of me. Jung Yunho, that's exactly what I feel now because of what I've found out. I couldn't bare seeing anybody getting hurt badly because of me again.

 

"I can take care of myself. I don't need him to look after me."

 

My dad nodded. "I know you're going to say that. That's why I've decided not to let him guard you anymore. But then, I will let him continue studying in your school."

 

I know him. He's not the type who listens but for him to agree easily? Definitely not my dad, even if he has decided to let him study, I know it’s to look after me.

 

I looked at Yunho and remembered how tight he hugged me last night. I hate remembering that. Those long slender arms, that warm fit body, that heartbeat... I hate the fact that it’s not even a hug. It's what he's supposed to do to protect me. I really hate it... it’s not a hug, Yuri-ah.

 

"Yah Jung Yunho... Take a rest and go home once you're ok." I said and walked away.

 

Maybe I was too harsh on him but I'd rather protect myself than have someone to be hurt for me. Although... somehow, I do feel disappointed, he won’t be looking at me with those mysterious eyes again, right?