Dinner and Dance

Beauty's Bodyguard

"Yuri sshi please be my date." he said. I swallowed secretly as my throat felt dried in an instant... can I jump high with this kind of clothes because that's definitely what I wanted to do.

 

I smiled shortly and took his hand. I never liked fairytale but right now it feels like I am inside one... like that of meeting a prince and invited me to a ball kind of thing, if you know what I mean.

 

My stepmom lied to me though. She said she knows me well enough to make me the star of the night but then... if she does know me well...why is Im Yoona standing at the centre being crowned as the queen of the night? And would you think I even care? Well if it wasn't for Yunho oppa leading her for a dance because they were awarded as king and queen of the night...yes, I wouldn't care. I could just look down and yawn secretly.

 

------------

 

Yoona is really very pretty. I bet all the guys in this school wanted to be in my place as king of the night. However, there's only one girl here that I would wanted to share this slow dance with. She's right there, looking down sitting on her own, feeling quite bored.

 

I knew my eyes widened a bit when one of our senior classmates approached her. The university rock band vocalist, Jongwoon. I swear I held my breath for a while when Yuri smiled at him as he sat down on our table. Seriously, how long do I have to dance with Yoona? I really wanted to sit down and listen to what they're talking about.

 

When I finally looked at Yoona, it seems like she still want to dance but I already had enough- "Yoona sshi... is it ok if you find another partner?"

 

She pouted and looked a bit embarrassed. Ah Crap! How could these girls know how to act embarrassed. I just can't resist making them lose their face. Fine! As a gentleman, I'll just give her a few more minutes.

 

Jongwoon finally stood up from our table. That's right...take your leave- wait, what is going on? Yuri sshi is holding Jongwoon's hand and this big-headed guy is actually leading her to the dance floor?!!

Damn...Why don't I have the same courage? Yuri sshi... I also want to dance with you.

 

There were still a number of guys asking Yuri sshi to dance and she welcomed them all. Would she do the same if I ask her to dance?

 

We finally sat together. It was awkward not knowing what she's thinking about right now. Should I ask her? If she could just show a little bit of her fierceness now...it wouldn't be that hard. Well...let's just give it a try.

 

"Yu-"

 

-------------

 

It seems like this dense bodyguard of mine is really next to numb... he wouldn't really ask me?! Huh, why do guys always have to do the inviting part? I give up.

 

"Yu-"

 

"I want to go home." I told him. He nodded and we stood up together.

 

"Hyukjae-ah..." he called. "Where's the nearest exit to this hall?" I can't believe he is asking someone about the exit. Come to think of it, our school looked different at night time.

 

"Hyung, you won’t wait for the fountain to be open?" Hyukjae asked.

 

Oh yeah...the reason for this dinner and dance is to open their newly built fountain.

 

"I don't think so. We'll just look at it next time." he said.

 

Hyukjae nodded and pointed left so the two of us started walking.

 

--------------

 

I'm quite embarrassed that we are lost. I'm not quite sure whether Hyukjae pointed us to the right direction. It doesn't seem right at all... Still, the thought of wanting to dance with Yuri sshi is here. And since there's only me and Yuri sshi...maybe it’s not that bad if I ask her to dance. I cleared my throat and looked at her.

 

"Yuri sshi..." she looked at me with so much anticipation... is it possible that she herself is also waiting for me to ask?

 

"May I invite you for a dance?"

 

--------------

 

Finally! I think I wasn't able to hide my happiness when I smiled widely. Oppa, you could have asked me earlier. I looked at him sharply.

 

"Yah Jung Yunho... must I wait for us to go home before you ask me to dance?" I then freed a smile which made him smile as well.

 

Good thing the music inside the hall is loud enough for us to hear. Yunho oppa slowly walked closer, he was so near I could see my reflection in his eyes. It's the first time I felt so beautiful as I see myself in those small eyes... I was the only one he's looking at. I felt his slender fingers sliding on my waist and then he looked at my hand waiting for it to be one with his. He looked at me with that shy smile and then he stepped forward. I thought we were only standing up closely looking at each other. I was so mesmerize with his eyes I didn't know what we were doing, whether it’s still right or wrong. He was looking at me intensely that I didn't notice our bodies are moving in a certain rhythm with him leading me.

 

Indeed I am in a fairytale... a seemingly endless one. Yunho oppa... I like you. I really like you. This time, I'm sure of my feelings. I wouldn't want anyone to hold me close like this except for you.

 

He smiled at me as the music stopped but he is still holding me close. I am this close that I can hear his heart suddenly changing its pace... from slow to an accelerating one...suddenly his heartbeat is as deafening as mine. Our heartbeats were in synced as I felt myself closing my eyes... waiting... anticipating.

 

-------------

 

I, too, don't know what was happening...a certain magnet pulled me towards Yuri sshi aiming at her pink tinted lips. What is going on? It's something unstoppable that even my brain is not stopping itself from moving my lips closer. I'm arguing with myself and I am losing it. Yah Jung Yunho! She told you never to kiss her until you are told... you'll be crossing a line and you might regret it.

 

It's too late to stop myself. Our lips are only few breaths away and I don't think I am to disappoint myself from reaching those lovely lips. Suddenly, the few hair strand distance that I am trying to conquer became a big distance when the fountain was . Who the hell knows that the fountain is built on the ground and is now flowing between me and Yuri sshi? We were so surprise and rather dripping as we looked at each other...both blushing with the thought of what could happen if the fountain failed to work on time. We both laughed as we stayed in the middle of the fountain and played with the water. Yuri sshi started splashing water using her high heels so I did the same.

For a while, it felt like I wasn't just someone who needs to look after her. It felt so much more than that. I could have wished for every night to be like this but reality calls. The next morning, Boss Kwon calls...he needs to see me...urgently.