End of Duty

Beauty's Bodyguard

I completely have no idea why Boss called me to his house and let Jungsoo Hyung and Heechul Hyung look after Yuri sshi today. Something must have come up that he has to call me even in the midst of my duty.

 

While waiting for the boss to come, a flashy yellow top-down stopped in front of the gate and a fairly tall guy in brown coat came out.

 

Ok, say I am a straight guy, but this man really gives an aura of you-can-fall-in-love-with-me-in-a-split-second which made me feel a bit insecure. He took off those aviators as he walked towards me. Uh, his charisma is really over the top and I don’t like it at all.

 

"Hi, I'm Cho Kyuhyun. Where is Mr. Kwon Yuhan?" he asked me nicely.

 

Cho Kyuhyun? What is wrong with that name? I don't like the sound of it. I stood up and showed him what height means but I bowed a little... if he has the guts to look for boss, he's probably not just a simple man.

 

"I'm Jung Yunho. Boss is still inside, please have a seat first," I said. I never looked down on myself for being just an employee of this family before but now I am really feeling inferior to this guy.

 

"So you're Jung Yunho?" he said smiling. "Thank you for taking care of my Yuri."

 

How can he call Yuri sshi by just her name?On top of that, how could he call her MY YURI? Who exactly is he?

 

"Ah, Kyuhyun ah... you came," Boss said smiling and shared a short hug with this guy.

 

"I'm doing great..." Cho Kyuhyun said. It felt like I was an invisible lump of garbage as I watch them. What's wrong with me?

 

"Yunho-yah..." Boss called me. "This is Cho Kyuhyun... Yuri's fiancé."

 

Fia-what? I didn't know she is seeing this person. She's not seeing anybody. I’m the only one she sees most of the day...and night. Yunho-yah... calm down. She can only see you because you’re her bodyguard...uh, curse it.

 

My heart sank when I heard that “fiancé” term, which I never understand anyway but when Cho Kyuhyun looked at me, my heart trembled and I feel like my place is rattled. What is he?

 

"Starting today... you won't be looking after Yuri anymore."

 

I looked at Boss... what was that? Having a fiancé means giving her less protection? What kind of plan is that?!

 

"Of course, I am thankful to Yunho sshi for taking care of her. But as her fiancé, I should be the one protecting her now."

 

Good point, Cho Kyuhyun...damn it.

 

I could only smile and looked down. "Then... I'll take my leave. Excuse me." I said as I walked out of the room.

 

So this is what Boss wanted to say to me. "Huh..." I sighed deeply. I should have said some goodbye words to her if I knew it earlier. Now, I don't think I have any chance of seeing her. What a waste! We could have been better friends if I had more time. Now even saying hi would probably be impossible now that she has a fiancé.

 

I have a lot of thoughts, thousands of them. But I was interrupted by the weird staring Cho Kyuhyun. "Yunho sshi...do you have a minute?"

 

For you? I don't.

 

"Yes..." I answered blankly. He smiled more like an evil one.

 

"It must have been a big trouble for you. Now, you'll feel relief...You can stop guarding her around now."

 

"Not at all... I'm most happy to guard her," I said. He showed that one-sided smile... the so-called smirk like those of Heechul hyung.

 

"Too bad, your job is done," he said. What's with the sudden change of tone? Like those of a villain in a serial drama. Anyway, he stood beside me whispering a nerve-wracking phrase which I don't really understand what he truly meant.

 

"Your girl is mine."

 

What does he mean by that? I looked at him still giving me that weird looking smirk. Am I supposed to be terrified? He seemed to be sending a war message to me. Just so he know... Yuri sshi is not my girl...

 

She's not my girl...

 

She's not my-- damn who am I convincing here?

 

I just look at him... "Kyuhyun sshi... I'm just a humble bodyguard here. She's all yours, by all means..."

 

He waited for me to finish my sentence and so I did...

 

"But if you ever make her cry... as her bodyguard, I'll make sure you'll suffer a death more horrifying than you could ever imagine."

 

Ok that was over the top... I don't even know why I said that. Then again, never mind, I don't really like him. Damn it!