Trying-Hard-to-be-Normal Yunho

Beauty's Bodyguard

'I won’t be scared...because Jung Yunho will stay with me.' Yeah right, please remind me that I was the one who rejected the whole idea.

 

I'm just day dreaming...of what happened yesterday. I admired him because of that. It was amazing how he let all those bastards down and how bravely he wrapped his arms around me to protect me from harm, and how warm his body felt at that time. I believed I can still smell the sweat and the cologne he used that time; sweet and manly.

 

Eh? What am I thinking? I'm probably hallucinating. Back to the topic just now... I have to be careful. Double locks – check!  Stronger sparring partner – check! Cardio training everyday – check!. I still have my pride and I have to at least show everyone that I'm fine. I will be fine.

 

I suddenly looked down... How is Jung Yunho? Is he really ok staying here? Is his head ok? Even if it’s not injured, the cut on his head must be killing him. He must be very disappointed to hear me discouraging my dad from making him my bodyguard.

 

Argh! Why am I thinking of that person again?! This POV is getting harder... can I just stop thinking about him?!

 

Yeah right...soon after arguing with myself whether to see him in his room or not, I already find myself in front of his room, knocking. He's not answering... I should go. No, I should knock again, still no answer... what if he fainted? Or choked his medicine? Or... that's it...

 

I turned the knob and--

 

---------------

 

Who could that be?  I heard a gentle knock from outside, must be Boss, I should dress up a little. My head suddenly spun with just me standing up. I heard another knock, I should at least try standing up... and put on my pants.

 

I heard the knob turning and my head spun yet again, the jogging pants that I've been struggling to wear dropped on my feet as the door opens and revealed Yuri sshi.

 

Her eyes widened as much as I did. Who wouldn't anyway? I am almost completely , thanks to my black boxers, I was able to hide something precious. I suddenly fell down and hurriedly pulled up my pants.

 

"Sorry!" she said blushing.

 

Sorry?! That's it?! Why isn't she going out?! She just closed her eyes and waited for me to get dress completely.

 

"Uh..." she said blushing. My headache is gone, what I felt was more of embarrassment. My face was burning. Damn I'm not fit today, I should have done some sit ups instead of resting.

 

I'm back to reality, my head is aching again. I closed my eyes hard and shook my head.

 

"Are you ok?" she asked. I just smiled.

 

"I'm sorry for disturbing you." she said as she looked down...her pride, is that a treasure she brings everywhere?

 

"I still don't want you to follow me in school. I'll be able to handle myself very well." she said and walked away.

 

I could just shake my head. It’s not like her dad didn't tell me that I will still keep an eye on her. Yuri sshi say you are very fierce but who do you think will I listen to? Besides, school is just an excuse to watch you... But don't worry, I was told to act more natural this time. I'll just keep one eye on you...and another eye on my studies.

 

Days after that, my head is getting better and better. The cut is completely healed and I'll be back on my feet again. I was walking when I saw Yuri sshi sleeping comfortably on the sofa. I walked closer to fix her blanket...

 

"Yunho-yah!" she shouted. She's still asleep, I know, because her eyes are still close.

 

Yunho-yah... the way she called me made me smile... is there something in her lips that made it sound so special?

 

------------

 

It was dark and quiet, I find myself walking to a corner block on my way home. Suddenly, I saw that familiar mohawk guy and started hitting my face again. I wanted to fight back but I accidentally stepped on a thick mud and I felt like I was slowly sinking...

 

Where is Jung Yunho?

 

"Yunho-yah!" I called.

 

I thought he's going to be my bodyguard? Why isn't he around?

 

"Yunho-yah! Help me!" I shouted again.

 

I struggled and struggled and shouted, but Jung Yunho never came. I wanted to cry. I was so scared. My breathing got faster as I held onto my dear life. Why isn't he coming?! Ah! I forgot that he won't look after me anymore...

 

"Yuri sshi..." a gentle voice called. "I'm here..."

 

I opened my eyes still feeling scared when I suddenly saw Jung Yunho's face, looking at me. That face… since when did it become so handsome that I wanted to look at it every day? Why are those eyes always gentle on me?

 

It was really him, he came to save me from my bad dream. Even in my dreams he follows me. He's such a stalker... I like it.

 

I sat up quickly and hugged him tightly. My arms were around his neck, hiding my face at the crook of his neck and breathing on it.

 

-----------

 

I cannot understand why she hugged me. But with the bits of sweats that formed on her forehead and the way she called my name, she must have had a nightmare about what had happened recently.

 

Yuri sshi... you said you can handle yourself, seeing how you reacted while dreaming... I don't think I should stop myself from protecting you... even if Boss did not ask me to.

 

Days pass by and I was in school again. This time, I was focusing more on my studies. I can still recall what Boss told me that time when Yuri sshi and I stayed with them.

 

'Yunho-yah, I want you to focus on your studies.'

 

It surprised me at first. I thought he's the type who doesn't listen to anybody except to himself.

 

'Focus more on your studies and only watch over Yuri when she's not inside the school. Do you- understand what I mean?' he asked, hoping that I do.

 

I nodded my head. Guarding job is not over yet, but focusing on studies so that Yuri sshi would not think I am still watching her.

 

--------------

 

It was a very different Jung Yunho I see from the time he came back to school. He never looked at me, not even once. Even though he was sitting behind me, he often transfers to another seat closer to Hyukjae and Shindong. They compared home works and sometimes whispered things which will make him smile or laugh. What's wrong with me? It seems like I'm the one watching him instead of the other way around.

 

Well, isn't that good? 'You get what you asked for, Kwon Yuri.' I told myself.

 

I thought he will be walking with me on our way home so I silently wait for him, but seeing how busy he is with his school work, it seems like I'm going home... alone.

 

It has been a month since he started becoming an ordinary classmate of mine. It’s Saturday, no classes. I decided to go out to shop for some clothes and... I don't know, I want to do something that would make me shift my attention to things that bothers me like me being 'the key' and stuff about Jung Yunho like him not paying attention to me. Did dad really ask him to stop guarding me?

 

My question was answered when a familiar set of fingers and warm palm encircled my waist. I startled a bit to see Jung Yunho holding me, looking very serious.

 

Yah Kwon Yuri, stop blushing!I acted irritated as I asked him, "Yah... I thought I told you not to follow me anymore?!" I said almost shouting pretending that I want to take that hand off.

 

"Sshh... Someone is tailing you. Act naturally." he whispered at me. His breath is so warm that I could have smiled if he did not say those words and know that he is whispering so he can look behind. I was terrified, I didn't realize that after the incident, I would be this terrified of being mobbed again.

 

I held on to Jung Yunho's arm. Never did I thought that I would want to rely on him on this matter. He looked behind shortly and whispered again. "They're quite a number. Maybe I should call Jungsoo hyung."

 

---------------

 

"Yah... I already told you that I can handle myself, why are you still here?" she said.

 

Yuri sshi, if only I could complain how tight you hold my hand, you'll probably answer your own question. You won't be fine...because you're scared.

 

"Do you think your dad will just let you be alone like that?" I said leaning on Yuri sshi's ears to look behind. Why is she blushing?

 

"I don't care... I told you I'll take care of myself."

 

I noticed one man is really sticking like a glue, tailing us so I placed my arm around Yuri sshi and turn in a narrow corner of the shopping centre.

 

Being in a narrow corner, it was both hard for Yuri sshi and I to move. Our bodies, in sideview, were facing each other. I can feel her chest expanding a bit because of her breathing.

 

"Yah... do you know how squeezy this place is?" she complained probably feeling the same awkwardness I have. Her breath feels so warm though, we're too close that she's already breathing on me. There’s nothing to complain about though. Her sweet scent makes me calm in this kind of situation.

 

I looked outside and suddenly saw them coming. I didn't realize that Yuri sshi's head was so close to mine that when I turned to face her... my lips accidentally touched hers.

 

We were caught by surprise that she immediately pulled her head back. However, this position might be good to lure those men away. I walked forward and let my lips touch hers once again.