Bad Day

Beauty's Bodyguard

It was quiet now that Yunho oppa is gone. When will I see him again? I miss him.

 

"Yuri ah!" I looked back. I just wish it is Yunho oppa who is calling me... but it’s not.

 

I could only force a smile to hide my disappointment. "Kyuhyun sshi..."

 

"I wonder when will you call me oppa?" he said smiling. He is such a gentleman. He would use a joke so that I won’t feel offended with whatever he wanted to say. Kyuhyun sshi... if I'm not in love with Yunho oppa... I would definitely go for you.

 

I looked down. Yunho oppa, how is he? After the kiss that we shared, he never even contacted me. I thought he would at least show a bit concern or a bit more initiative since we've already crossed the line of his guardian-ship to me.

 

"If you miss him, why don't you call him?" I suddenly looked at Kyuhyun. What a conscience. He's actually asking me to call the guy who is secretly a rival of his. Kyuhyun, do you know that I...

 

"Everybody knows you kissed Jung Yunho in the corridor of the school. So I assume that you two are dating," Kyuhyun said.

 

Wait, hold on right there. How did EVERYONE know that we kissed in...

 

"There was someone who saw you and took a picture of you." He sighed as he took his phone and showed me. What the- even I was shock. I cannot deny that it is not me and Yunho oppa. How did that happen?

 

"I actually wanted to help you...but when I traced the picture... it came from Jung Yunho's phone. The person confessed that Jung Yunho paid him to take a picture of the two of you being intimate."

 

Impossible. I was the one who initiated the kiss. How would he know that he... I looked down but I felt warm pair of hands on my shoulder.

 

"Yuri ah...i think he's just playing with you. Stop thinking about him. He doesn't deserve someone like you."

 

Is it really true? Yunho oppa...that was a private matter...our kiss. I wanted to share it with you. It was a sacred thing for me...so why did you-

 

I closed my eyes trying not to think of it...but...how can he do that? Yunho oppa...

 

"Meet him and ask him where his phone is... I would assume that he would say he lost it just so you won’t be able to see the picture. You can ask him about the picture as well. I'm quite sure he'll deny it."

 

I am certainly going to do that.

 

----------

"Yuri sshi?" I asked feeling too excited that Yuri came to see me.

 

"Jung Yunho, where is your phone?" she asked me. I dropped it somewhere before I last saw her and I have to replace it with a new one. Thanks for reminding me.

 

"I lost it," I said which seemed to disappoint her. Why would my phone matter anyway?

 

"Yuri sshi...is there something wrong?" I asked. If there is a misunderstanding we should straighten it as much as possible. We seldom see each other now and it would be better if all the time we'll be spending with each other will not be consumed with arguing.

 

"D-did you ask someone to take a photo of us kissing?" she asked embarrassedly.

 

My eyes widened. Why the hell would I do that? I wanted that kiss to be kept as a deep secret where only the two of us know so why the hell would I take a photo of that?

 

"Yuri sshi... why would I do that? I would never do that."

 

Why is she looking so disappointed? Did I do something wrong? "Yuri sshi...why are you asking these questions?"

 

"Nothing." she said. Nothing? If it is nothing why are her eyebrows almost meeting each other? She started walking away and seemingly throwing tantrums.

 

"Yuri sshi..."

 

She pretended not to hear me and continued to walk away from me. What could be the problem?

 

----------

It is true. Everything that Cho Kyuhyun said. Jung Yunho...why would you do such thing? I hate the thought that you pretended to be so innocent about those things.

 

He was nice enough to follow me and ask me about the matter. "Yuri sshi... I swear I don't know anything about that. If there was some kind of that incident, Hyukjae and Shindong would have informed me," he explained. Why are those eyes so upset that I am upset too?

 

He sighed deeply. "I wouldn't want anything of those private things to be publicized. I swear I did not take any photo at all. I'd be damned if I do that."

 

Oppa... I believe you. I looked at him and felt sorry that I doubted him. I just looked at him and show him the ignore-you- type of expression I always show him. He suddenly smiled for whatever reason.

 

"I'm quite happy that you still ask me to see you... I'd really like to see you a lot," he confessed shyly.

 

What's this? Oppa...you're blushing.

 

"I was thinking of when to drop by or when I can sneak in to-"

 

"Yunho oppa?"

 

We both looked behind when we saw Im Yoona doing that picture perfect smile. Seriously, is she always ready for cam- kind of stuff? And...did I just hear her calling...

 

"Oppa! I'm glad to see you again," she said. Yeah... I thought I can pretend I didn't hear her calling Jung Yunho 'oppa' but she did. Twice!

 

I suddenly found myself being a third person in a fanfiction as Yoona cling around oppa's arm. Yah! Flirty ...hands off! I could just sigh as Jung Yunho looked at me feeling probably a bit embarrassed.

 

"Oppa...when are we going out again?" the snail asked. Don't ask me why...snail can be too sticky to whatever surface they stayed on!

 

"Again? Since when did we go out?" Yunho asked which made me almost burst out in laughter.

 

"Well... I consider our king and queen of the night as our first date."

 

Uh, seriously, can girls just stop bugging him?! Or maybe...can I just stop being jealous?

 

"Yoona yah..."

 

What?! Are they this close? How come he doesn't call my name again after we shared that kiss? Yah!

 

"I'll see you next time, oppa...remember to call me."

 

Yoona said and finally released her serpent-like hold to Yunho. Tell her you'll never call.

 

Yoona left and as Yunho continuously look at her fading shadow. He shook his head as if relief to see her leaving.  He looked apologetic and if he's going to say sorry, I'll just forgive him easily.

 

Everything was actually fine and now that he seems like he's not really interested with Yoona makes me feel like Cho Kyuhyun simply knows how to come in and ruin the whole situation.

 

"Yunho sshi!" Kyuhyun came catching his breath... I finally see you.

 

Yunho oppa seemed confused again with what Kyuhyun said. But I was even more confused when the latter guy brought out a pink lacy underwear in front of us. "You drop this a while ago."

 

What the hell...

 

------------

 

That was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. Although, why would Kyuhyun shown that undies and tell me I dropped it IN FRONT OF KWON YURI! She might think I'm gay or something!!

 

Yeah... I'm a straight guy and even if I am gay I don't prefer lacy pink undies! "It has a note from Yoona sshi... I hope you don't mind if I look through it a while ago. I wasn't sure who this was until I read the note so..." he said crumpling the undies and was about to pass it to me but...

 

Yuri furiously grabbed the undies and read the note stuck on the hem...or crotch or whatever it is. Seriously, whoever did this is quite creative enough to make sure I am really doing something probably illegal with Yoona.

 

"Yunho oppa... until next time. Yoona"

 

If there is anything going on between me and Yoona, I'm quite sure everybody will know it but since there is none... I just keep wondering why these people keep on coming to the scene. I could have been silently enjoying Yuri’s company and exchange looks like we are more than just a bodyguard and a boss' daughter instead these people just kept on bothering. The worse part of it was they were trying to destroy my gentleman reputation.

 

Yuri looked at me sharply. Who wouldn't?! A few minutes ago Im Yoona is clinging on to me and now Cho Kyuhyun brought out a pink lacy underwear in front of Yuri... I swear I don't have anymore reputation and pride left in me.

 

And before I could even explain myself to Yuri... she walked away...along with the man I don't wish for her to be with...and for which I'm quite bitter about.

 

"Yuri sshi... you didn't even look back this time," I said to myself.

 

She must be disappointed to me as much as I am to everyone around me. Im Yoona, Cho Kyuhyun, stop playing with our possible romance in your hands (even if I think it is just me).