Chapter 24

How to remain faithful with my girlfriend???

 

YOONA'S POV:

 

 

Walking home alone, I felt empty. This is not so unlike my ordinary days wherein I would walk her home with our hands interlocked with each other.

 

I would occasionally glance at my side, somehow hoping that I could see her there only to be disappointed afterwards.

 

I couldn't help myself as tears rolled down on my face. I tried wiping it but to no avail since the more I brush them away, the more tears would just come out. And with that, I started gaining attention from every people I've passed by.

 

I can't just go home with this kind of state, knowing that my parents would surely ask me a bunch of questions which will just make my situation even worse. And I know, they would beat the hell out of me once I confessed everything to them.

 

Yes! They love Yuri just like how much they love me. They treated her more like she's their second daughter than their future daughter-in-law.

 

But I knew better than to hide this from them. They have the right to know what I did to her. They have the right to scold, punish and kill me if possible. I would gladly accept it....since I also don't have the plan to continue on living now that Yuri.... Yuri..

 

Our guard worriedly approaches me as he saw me standing at the gateway. He gave me a questioning look but I just forced a smile at him as a response.

 

He tried supporting me from walking inside our house but I told him it's alright.

 

"Are you sure, Mam?" Sehun asked doubtfully.

 

I nodded.

 

"Mam.. Not that I'm meddling with your business but I think you should just use your car instead of walking." he politely suggested.

 

I flashed him a small smile."Thanks for your concern, Sehun but I can take care of myself. I've been doing this anyway for quite a long time so you shouldn't have to worry. By the way, are they home?"

 

He shook his head and I just nodded as a response before walking inside.

 

I can't deny the fact that I felt relieved knowing that my parents weren't home yet but still, I have to tell them the truth.

 

I weakly plopped myself on my bed, not bothering to change my dress and take my shoes off.

 

I'm exhausted...and badly hurt...that I don't think I can even move a bit.

 

What did I do?

 

Why did I hurt her?

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I really like Yuri!" a 15 years old Minho firmly stated, letting the girl in front of him know that he'll never give up.

 

Yoona raised her eyebrow."And so? I really LOVE Yuri!"

 

"Then may the best man wins."

 

"But I'm not a man!" she quickly countered, slightly whining.

 

He chuckled."Whatever. But you know as a concern best friend, I suggest that you should just back off."

 

"Why will I do that?"

 

"Because in this contest, I'm the one who's leading. And you know what I mean." he smirked and she pouted.

 

Of course she knows what he's talking about and he's right. Does she still have to state the reasons?

 

She sighed. Fine!

 

First reason; Minho's a man. And almost everyone knows that relationship is between man and woman ONLY. Second reason; they’ve known each other first! And Last; Yuri's always ignoring her!

 

"Still! I won't give up!" she said with full of determination.

 

He then grabbed her by her neck and went to ruffle her hair."That's the spirit, Yoong!" he exclaimed as he slightly pushed her away and rushed towards to who-knows-where.

 

Yoona looked up and realized that he's making his way towards Yuri to help her on carrying her stuff.

 

She groaned."Yah! Cheater!"

 

 

 

 

Yoona was about to make her way towards Yuri's house with a bouquet of fresh flowers in her hand when she saw the girl on the playground where the three of them usually hangs out when they were still kids.

 

Well, they're still kids. But a more mature now!

 

She smiled.

 

No Minho. Just Yuri alone. Awesome!

 

Slowly, she walked towards Yuri, careful not to notice her and gently covered her eyes from behind.

 

"Yah!" Yuri exclaimed when she felt warm hands on top of her eyes.

 

"Guess who?"

 

And after hearing the familiar voice, Yuri quickly removed the hands on her eyes and stood up to face the expected girl."Yoona! What are you doing here?"

 

"Stalking you."

 

"What?!!"

 

"I-I mean..." she shyly scratched the back of her neck as she extends her other arm to hand the flowers to the girl."This is for you."

 

Yuri just looked at it before glaring at her."What is that, Yoona?"

 

"Flowers." she shrugged.

 

"Why are you giving me that?"

 

"Isn't it obvious? I like you Yuri just like Minho."

 

Yuri let out an exasperated sigh.

 

The truth is, her heart fluttered at the sudden confession. Although she's already aware of Yoona's feelings to her because of the girl's actions, hearing it just feels like heaven.

 

Yes! She likes her too. But...she knows her limitation.

 

Yoona is undeniably rich while she's still living just because of her little salary on her work. Even though Yoona's parents were good to her, still there's no reassurance that they want her for their daughter.

 

If she's going to choose between Minho and Yoona, she'll go with the former. Even if he's also born with what he wants and needs beside him, still he's no much compared to Yoona's abundant society.

 

Being best friends with the girl is enough. She doesn't want to step off the line.

 

"Yoona... What are you saying? We're both girls."

 

"I don't give a damn! I just want you."

 

Yuri knows she doesn't have any choice but to say this. That's why in advanced, she wants to say sorry."I don't like you, Yoona. You're just a friend to me."

 

Just when she thought that the rich girl will give up, she remains determined."Still! I like you! And I would do anything just to get you!"

 

Yuri was impressed that she didn't manage to utter a word when Yoona inch closer to her to hold her hand."I don't want to be your best friend anymore, Yul. I'm tired of that. Just give me a chance."

 

She didn't answer instead, she just walk towards the lake near from the playground where they are. Yoona just quietly followed the girl.

 

Soon as they reach the lake, Yuri turned to face Yoona. She lifted her hand and gently pulled out the ring on her finger in which Yoona recognized as the ring she gave to her on her birthday.

 

Yoona's face turned pale when she witnessed how Yuri threw the ring on the lake.

 

"The chance of finding that ring again on that lake is like the chance of us being together. It's 0.001% Yoona. I'm sorry." she said and was about to turn around when she caught Yoona's smirk.

 

"Then I'll make that 0.001% into a 100%, Yul. "

 

Yuri's eyes widened after seeing Yoona happily jumped on the water and began searching for the ring."What do you think you're doing, Yoona?"

 

"Go now, Yul. I promise to bring the ring back to you. I'll make you mine!"

 

She just let out a defeated sigh.

 

 

 

 

Yuri woke up by the loud knocks on her door. Agitated, she slammed the door open and frowned, seeing a worried Minho.

 

"Yuri!"

 

"Minho?"

 

"Yoona's being crazy! She doesn't want to step off the lake."

 

Her eyes widened."What?!!"

 

"I don't know why she's doing that. She said she's searching for a ring. I tried convincing her to get off but she won't grant my plead."

 

She glanced at her wristwatch."You mean, she's still on the lake?!!"

 

"Yes. Wait.. Do you know why?"

 

Yuri didn't answer and just dashed outside with Minho trailing behind.

 

 

 

 

"Yoona! Are you crazy?! I said step out of the water!" Yuri worriedly yelled.

 

"No, I won't! Not until I find the ring!"

 

"Yoona!"

 

Minho just stared at the girl on the lake. Yuri told him the reason of why she's doing that and he can't help but to be impressed.

He smiled seeing the determination in her face.

 

"Yoona! I'm warning you!"

 

Yuri was about to jump on the water when Minho held her wrist. She looked at him quizzically.

 

He shook his head."Don't."

 

"But--"

 

"She will find it. Just--"

 

"YES!! FINALLY!!"

 

With that, they both turned their gaze at the girl who's dancing happily while holding a certain thing. Yuri smiled and so is Minho.

 

Yoona then quickly got off the lake and went to give Yuri a tight hug in which the latter won't care if she get soak.

 

She pulled away from the hug and took Yuri's hand. She gently slipped off the ring on her ring finger and intertwined their hands."So... I made it."

 

Yuri nodded. Rich or poor, she doesn't care anymore. She loves Yoona and so there's no reason for her to reject the girl.

 

"I love you, Yuri."

 

She smiled."I love you more, Yoongie."

 

"Yoongie, huh?" Yoona teased which made her blushed. She tilted her head and saw Minho smiling from behind.

 

She walked towards him and flashed him a proud smile."What now, Minho?" she cockily asked, earning a light punch from him.

 

He extends his arm."Congrats Yoong!"

 

Yoona raised an eyebrow."Is that sincere?"

 

He chuckled."Of course. You know what, I'm quite happy that I lose her not to any of our school's jocks but you. At least, I'm confident that you'll take good care of her."

 

"You got it right!"

 

He ruffled her hair."Yoona.."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Promise me that you'll never hurt and make her cry."

 

Yoona looked at him suspiciously."You sound like leaving."

 

"Just promise me."

 

"I'll make her cry in happiness."

 

He just smiled as a response. Actually, she doesn't have to swear anymore. He knew she'll never do that.

 

"You don't have to worry. I never will. That's a promise."

 

 

-----

 

 

MINHO'S POV:

 

 

I'm currently standing outside of Yuri's house, waiting for her to come out.

 

I glanced at my wristwatch and noticed that it's already quarter to 7, meaning there's only 15 minutes left before our class starts.

 

I sighed.

 

She'll not go to school, right?

 

I should go now.

 

I was about to leave when I suddenly heard a loud scattering of glass inside Yuri's house.

 

Eyes widened, I quickly went to the door, twisting the doorknob but to no avail.

 

Yuri, what are you doing? Please!

 

"Yuri, open the door! It's me, Minho!" I worriedly yelled as I kept pounding on the door.

 

There was no response and so I took the last option. I hardly kicked the door, making it swung open.

 

I rushed upstairs and did the same thing on the door of her room when I realized that it's locked.

 

The door opens revealing a messy room with pieces of glass scattered on the floor. Yuri was absentmindedly sitting on the edge of the bed while holding a piece of the broken glass.

 

I waste no time as I ran towards her and snatched the sharp thing on her grip, throwing it somewhere away from her.

 

"Yuri.. My God! What are you trying to do?" I cried out, seeing her vulnerable state.

 

"I want to die! Just let me!" she hissed as she got off from the bed.

 

She intentionally step on one of the glass which caused her foot to bleed in an instant.

 

I can't help my tears from falling as I forcedly brought her back to the bed and tightly hug her."Yuri.. Don't do this. Please. I'm begging you. Don't."

 

Then she began sobbing and so I encircled my arms around her, trying to comfort her by rubbing circles around her back."It's okay. It's okay, Yuri. Don't cry. Please."

 

"W-Why? Minho.. Why?"

 

"Ssshh.."

 

"W-Why does she have to do that? What did I do? Tell me!" she yelled as she again struggled on my grip.

 

"N-Nothing. Yuri, please!"

 

"S-She promised me.. She promised me she'll never hurt me. I-I've trust her."

 

"Enough Yuri! Enough! You can still live without her! Why are you like that? Why don't you open your eyes?! I'm still here! I love you and I would never ever leave you!" I burst out, tightly hugging her.

 

She didn't say anything and just continue on sobbing. I just let her until her sobs slowly fade away.

 

I looked at her and sighed in relief when I noticed that she's already sleeping. I gently laid her down on the bed and tucked her on her blanket.

 

I unconsciously looked down and realized that her foot is still bleeding. I took the medicine kit which I found on top of the cabinet and aid her.

 

So I guess, we can't be able to attend our first class. It's okay. But I have to convince her to attend to our second class.

 

"Yoona.." she suddenly mumbled in her sleep, catching my attention."I..love you."

 

I felt my heart rip into pieces. A tear rolled down my cheek as I looked at her miserable state.

 

Then a question starts forming in my mind.

 

Did I really do the right thing?

 

 

----

 

 

YOONA'S POV:

 

 

I was making my way towards the cafeteria when I noticed a two very familiar figures were about to pass by me. I was about to change my direction to avoid any conflict when I realized that Yuri's walking limply with Minho supporting her.

 

I frowned. What happened?

 

Seeing her like that makes me ignore the fact that we're not in good terms and just worriedly rushed towards them.

 

"Minho, what happened?" I asked.

 

They turned their gaze at me and as if I was her most hated person, Yuri shot me a glare.

 

"Yuri--"

 

"Let's go, Minho." she coldly said as she forced herself to walk and drag Minho at the same time.

 

I then stop her by holding her wrist."Yuri, I--"

 

"How could you?!!" she snarled, cutting my further statement."How could you approach me, talk to me and hold me as if everything between us is alright? And to think that you even dared to ask what happened! Huh?! What happened to me?!" she hissed as tears were threatening to escape in her eyes."Im Yoona, tell me! Tell me where you got that thick-faced of yours!"

 

"Yuri..--" I did not have the chance to finish my further statement when I felt a hand hit my right cheek.

 

"I forgot to slap you yesterday, right? I was a fool for asking you to come back to me after all that you've done. Im Yoona, if you think that I can't live without you then you're wrong! I'll prove you I'm better without you!"

 

I just remain frozen on my spot. Tears start streaming down on my face as I look at their fading figures. .

 

That's right, Yuri!

 

You'll be better without me.

 

 

---

 

 

I stepped inside of our room and a faint smile appeared on my face seeing Jessica with her head buried on her desk again.

 

I just walked towards my chair, careful not to wake her up.

 

"You're not going to bother my siesta?"

 

I heard Jessica asked. I tilted my head towards her direction only to see her still with her dozing position.

 

"No."

 

With that, she lifted her head to face me and was not so surprised to see my bloodshot eyes.

 

"You look like forty." she commented.

 

"Thanks?"

 

She just shook her head. She inch closer to me and lightly placed a powder on my face.

 

"Sica.."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"They said that when you really love someone, you'll never love another." I said which caught her attention. She stops from what she's doing and intently looks at me."Do you think I really love Yuri?"

 

She smiled."Of course."

 

"But why did I still fall in love with you?"

 

She shrugged."Maybe it's not love."

 

"No!" I quickly countered."I'm sure I loved you."

 

"Wow! Should I be flattered?" she joked.

 

"Sica..!"

 

"Okay! I don't know. But I'm sure you really love Yuri. Maybe it's just that there were some things that you found in us that you can't find in Yuri. You know, Yuri's not perfect. Even if you love her, there are still things that you're searching to have her but unfortunately, you found it in us. Did you get what I mean?"

 

I frowned."No?"

 

She then let out an exasperated sigh."Aish! Stress!"

 

"But you did make some sense."

 

"Oh! That's good to hear. Do you still love Yuri?"

 

Slowly, I nodded.

 

"You want to win her back?"

 

I sighed."I don't know. It's just that I feel like I don't deserve her after all that I do."

 

"Then prove her you've changed."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

She smirked.

 

 

----

 

 

I'm currently on the rooftop, letting the fresh air take away all of my problem.

 

Maybe Jessica was right. Maybe I should just follow what she said.

 

Because really! Pain just takes time to heal.

 

So maybe...--

 

"Yoona."

 

I turned at the source of the voice and was surprised to see Minho.

 

I smiled.

 

Even if he's the one who took all of the pictures of my infidelity, I'm not even a slightest mad at him.

 

I know it's my fault.

 

"Minho.."

 

He then went to take the seat beside me."If only you know, you wouldn't be smiling like that to me."

 

"What? That you're the one who placed the pictures on Yuri's locker?"

 

Eyes widened, he asked."You know?"

 

I just nod my head as an answer.

 

"Who told you?"

 

"Jessica."

 

He blushed."Tch! That girl."

 

I looked at him suspiciously."You know what; if only I'm not aware of your feelings to Yuri then I'll think that you like Jessica."

 

"WHAT?!" he burst out."Of course not! Where did you get that idea?"

 

I just shook my head, not wanting to make this topic long.

 

And silence covered us but not until he speaks again.

 

"You're not mad?"

 

"I'm not. In fact, I should've thanked you. I didn't realize that I was hurting Yuri."

 

"I'm sorry, Yoona."

 

"You don't have--"

 

"I'm sorry for all of I've done to you and Yuri."

 

I looked at him."I should be the one who's saying sorry." I paused as I felt my lips quivered."I broke my promise. I've hurt her... I made her cry... I broke my promise. I'm sorry."

 

I felt his arm around my body, hugging me in a comforting manner.

 

"It's okay. I know you didn't mean it."

 

"M-Minho.."

 

And that's the time when I realized that..

 

Choi Minho.

 

My ever dearest best friend...

 

is back.

 

 




 

 

A/N:

 

Yah! One more chapter left.

 

Okay. I've to go now and work for the last chapter.

 

I'm very excited for my first ever completed fic. :D

 

Leave comments. Please. :3