Chapter 21

How to remain faithful with my girlfriend???

 

YOONA'S POV:

 

 

"Here's the key, Ms. Im." Mr. Ford, our principal, smilingly said as he handed me the small metal object.

 

I beamed."Thank you Sir for allowing me to use our school's auditorium. I promised to take good care of all the materials in there."

 

"Of course. Why would I not allow you? You've paid enough for the rent." he laughed and so I joined him."But you know what, Yuri is so lucky to be your girlfriend."

 

I smiled."Thank you Sir. I think I should go now. I still have to prepare something."

 

"Yeah! Goodluck to you!"

 

I just nodded in appreciation before making my way out from his office.

 

A smile crept on my face as I stare at the key on my hand.

 

Today, I prepared something for my girlfriend or should I say for my long time bestfriend.

 

If you ask me what is the occasion, well, this day is not our monthsary but our 10th year of being bestfriends.

 

January 9, 2012. I smiled. January 9s always been a special day for me since that is the exact month and day where I first met Yuri but this is actually the first time that I've prepared something for this day.

 

I'll make sure to make this day special, Yuri.

 

 

FLASHBACK:

 

 

-JANUARY 9, 2002-

 

 

 

A 9 years old Yoona smiled as she saw a bookstore just a few steps away from where they are. Seeing that store made her remember her strong desire of having the book of 'the little prince'.

 

She then looked up to her mother who’s currently busy conversing with an old businessman and gently tugged on her mother's suit.

 

Her mother shot her a questioning look.

 

"Mom, can I go to that bookshop?" little Yoona asked, pointing to the store.

 

"Okay. I'll just follow. Wait me there, okay?"

 

She nodded before making her way to the said place. She quickly searched for the book she want and widely smiled when she found it.

 

She was about to open the book when a heavy sigh behind her distracted her from doing it. She looked back to see who it was only to see a girl, just around her age, placing the book back on its shelve while pouting.

 

She smiled. She found the little girl cute even with her not-that-clean clothes.

 

"You want that?" Yoona asked the girl with a friendly smile playing on her lips.

 

The girl shyly cast a look on her."No. I'm just looking at it." she answered before walking away.

 

Yoona just followed her with her eyes before pulling out the book that the girl was holding earlier. She looked at the tag price and giggled, seeing how much the book cost.

 

It's pretty expensive.

 

"Yoona.. Did you already find what you want?"

 

She turned to look at her mother and smiled."Pay for this, Mom." she smugly said as she handed the two books to her mother.

 

"Oh. Okay. Let's go."

 

Mrs. Im then dragged her daughter towards the counter. After paying, she handed the books to her daughter.

 

"Mom, I'm just going to look for someone. Wait me here." she muttered as she didn't wait for her mother to respond and just walked around, searching for the girl that she met earlier.

 

When she finally found the girl who's secretly reading a book at the corner, she smiled.

 

"Hey." she called which made the girl jump in surprise.

 

The girl then quickly placed the book on the shelves.

 

Yoona moved closer to her to gave her the book."I bought that for you."

 

"Y-You shouldn't have bothered. I said I don't want that." she shyly said, pushing back the book to her.

 

Yoona pouted."Really? That's sad. But I've bought that for you, so you still have to take it." she muttered, forcing the thing onto the girl's hand.

 

"B-But..."

 

"If you really don't like that then let's just meet later at 5pm on the nearest park from here."

 

"What for?"

 

"To return that book to me." Yoona answered with a smirk playing on her lips."I have to go now. My mom is looking for me. Bye!" but before she could fully fade from the girl's sight, she turned around to face her again."If you don't come it only means that you really like that book and you're just lying. So, you must come, okay? Bye!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Little Yoona smiled when she saw the girl sitting on one of the benches in the park.

 

"Hey."

 

"Oh hey. Here's your book." the girl extends her arm to hand her the book but Yoona just stared at it.

 

"I'm Yoona, Im Yoona. How about you? What's your name?" she asked.

 

"Your book."

 

"Your name?"

 

"Your boo--" the girl tried to pursue but was cut when someone called her from behind.

 

"Yuri-ah!"

 

The 10 years old Yuri looked back, not to acknowledge who it was but to scold the boy."Minho! Why did you leave me?"

 

"I just bought you an ice cream. Here." he reasoned, handing her the dessert."Oh. Is she the girl you're talking about?" he asked, pointing at the unfamiliar girl.

 

Yuri slightly nodded and Minho took it as a cue to greet the girl.

 

"Oh hello! I'm Choi Minho. Yuri's friend and you are?"

 

"I'm Im Yoona. So, her name is Yuri?"

 

He nodded."Kwon Yuri. We just live a few blocks away from here." he blurted out which earned a pinch to his waist from Yuri.

 

"Really? I'm just living there." Yoona happily exclaimed, pointing at the big house which can be clearly seen from their position even though it will still took a complete 10 minutes to get there.

 

Minho and so Yuri's eyes widened in shock.

 

"So you're the one who's living at that newly built mansion?" he asked in disbelief.

 

"Yes. We've just transferred here from Gangnam."

 

"Wow! That's cool!"

 

"Actually, I still don't have friends since I'm new here. I just want to ask if we can be friends?" Yoona shyly asked to them but her eyes were directed at Yuri who's been quiet throughout their conversation.

 

"Of course!" Minho quickly agreed."Right Yuri?"

 

Yuri who had her head lowered for quite some time, finally looked up to Yoona. And when she saw the pleading look at the girl's eyes, she shyly nodded.

 

She really doesn’t know why she agreed when she shouldn't have. Why does she always have to be friends with rich people when she doesn't even have anything but herself only. First Minho and now Yoona?

 

Can the three of us work well?

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK-

 

 

-----

 

 

TAEYEON'S POV:

 

 

"Oh hey Taeyeon!"

 

I almost jump in surprise when I suddenly heard that sweet familiar voice behind me. I then turned around to face her.

 

"What do you need, Tiffany?"

 

"I'm free tonight. What do you want me to do?" she happily asked.

 

I frowned. There's something wrong with her. She seems to be so happy. Maybe she just had finished a make out session with Yoona.

 

"Oh? Too bad. I still have to do something and my next class will start in just 15 minutes. So yeah, I guess you're also free with me today. Just spend your time with Yoona. Bye!" I informed and was about to walk away when she stop me by gripping my wrist.

 

"Wait! I already called Yoona but she said she's busy on doing something. So just ditch your class and let's hang-out, okay?"

 

I just stared at her. Still can't believe that she's now the one who's pleading to be with me.

 

My heart throbbed on its pace and I really don't have any idea on how to make it stop.

 

She's seriously being kind to me and we're also getting close to each other. Yeah, I know. It's like a dream come true.

 

Of course, I'm more than willing to ditch any class just to be with my dream girl.

 

"Yeah. Okay fine." I answered, making it sound like I don't like the idea but the truth is, my heart is now jumping in happiness.

 

 

----- 

 

 

JESSICA'S POV:

 

 

 

I walked towards the library where I'm sure Seohyun was. I remembered Yoona once said to me that Seohyun already broke up with her.

 

And so I need her now.

 

I have to talk to her to clear up my mind.

 

To know how and why she broke up with Yoona.

 

Almost all eyes of the people inside the library were on me as I slowly opened the door.

 

Judging by their facial expression, I can say that they're quite surprised to see me in this kind of place. Well, I can't blame them since I prefer studying at the rooftop with my laptop than here.

 

I walk around the room and a small smile flashed on my face seeing Seohyun sitting alone in the corner.

 

"Seohyun." I softly called as I went to tap her shoulders.

 

She lifted her head from the book and just like all of the people in here, she stared at me in disbelief.

 

"J-Jessica-sshi?"

 

"Can we talk just for awhile?"

 

"Here?" she doubtfully asked.

 

I looked around and scanned the room before nodding."I guess so."

 

"A-aah.. Okay.. Sit down then."

 

With that, I quickly sat on the seat where she pointed which was the chair in front of her.

 

"So...?" she trailed off, curiously looking at me.

 

I then exhaled a mouthful of air before speaking."Yoona once mentioned to me that you've already broke up with her. How true is that?"

 

She looked down at her books after hearing my question."That's true."

 

"Why?" I asked but before she could answer, I continued."Did Minho talk to you?"

 

"Minho?"

 

"Yeah. Yoona's bestfriend."

 

She shook her head."I don't even know him."

 

Realizing my mistake, I lowered my head.

 

If Minho didn't talk to her, then why did she break up with Yoona?

 

Am I the only one that Minho talked to? But I remember he said Yoona's other girls, so that means he knew that I'm not the only girl which in a relationship with Yoona. Well, except Yuri.

 

"Why?" she suddenly asked, waking me up from my reverie.

 

"A-aah.. N-nothing. If that so, then why did you break up with her?"

 

"Well..." she heaved a sigh."I just realized that what we're doing was wrong." she answered and when I didn't speak, she continued."Being in a relationship....with someone who's already taken....is not my dream. I don't want to hurt someone, most especially Yuri. She's a good person and she doesn't deserve to be betrayed. I badly want to talk to Yoona about this but I know I'm not in the position to tell that to her."

 

"B-But how could you break up with her so easily? Don't you love Yoona?"

 

"I love her...maybe as much as you do."

 

"But you don't have any idea how much I love her." I quickly retort."Do you think I also want to enter in a relationship which doesn't give any assurance? Of course not! But I love her. I love her...very much to just let her go like that."

 

"I'm sorry but you have to. Because loving her is a mistake. A big mistake."

 

I buried my head on the table in despair."But how? Tell me how."

 

"Simple. Just think you're in Yuri's position."

 

And that left me speechless.

 

Yuri.. She'll surely undergo through so much pain once she discover about this. If I'm in her position, I'll just simply put a rope around my neck until I can't breathe anymore.

 

That will less hurt compared to what Yoona did to her.

 

I sighed.

 

Stop being selfish, Jessica. Now is the time to think about others.

 

I was about to open my mouth to speak when someone beat me from doing it.

 

"Seohyun."

 

I looked up only to be surprised to see a smiling Kyuhyun but when his gaze landed on me, his jaw instantly fell agape.

 

"Jessica.." he mumbled in disbelief.

 

"Oh Kyuhyun? It's nice to see you here. Are you and Seohyun were together again?" I smilingly asked him.

 

I inwardly smirked. So, that's the true reason why Seohyun broke up with Yoona.

 

"N-No! Please don't misunderstand, J-Jessica-sshi. We're just friends." Seohyun quickly denied.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled."Yeah. But I'm pursuing her again."

 

"Oh? Is it serious this time?"

 

"I've always been serious when it comes to her, Jessica. By the way, How are you? You've seriously grown prettier."

 

I snorted."Thank you for that, Kyuhyun. But if I were you, I would never praise someone about their physical appearance in front of the person I'm pursuing." I noted, giving a glance at the blushing Seohyun.

 

"Well, she doesn't have to worry about that. She will always be the prettiest in my eyes." he smilingly muttered as he takes the seat beside Seohyun and that was the time that I realized he was with someone.

 

My eyes widened as I stare at the smirking girl with Kyuhyun who take the seat beside me.

 

"You!" I shouted which earned everyone's attention in the library."I'm sorry."

 

Sooyoung smiled."Glad you finally acknowledge my presence, Sweetheart."

 

"What? You two knew each other?" both Seohyun and Kyuhyun asked.

 

"Yes. She's my girlfri--"

 

But before this idiot could finish her words, I quickly shot her a glare and went to look at Kyuhyun."What is your relation with this girl, Kyuhyun?"

 

"Aahh.. She's my cousin."

 

Sooyoung then stuffed a mouthful of chocolate on ."She's my girlfriend."

 

"Yah! You thick-faced! Who told you--"

 

"Excuse me, Miss." the librarian suddenly spoke in front of us, cutting my further rants."Foods are not allowed inside the library." she reminded to Sooyoung who's hungrily eating her chocolate.

 

"Ahh.. Yes. Sorry." Sooyoung apologized as she placed the food on her bag but once the librarian walked away, she quickly pulled out her chocolate again."No foods your face!"

 

I chuckled.

 

Seriously. She's really funny.

 

"Hey Kyuhyun, Seohyun, I have to go now. Bye! And Seohyun, thanks for the help." I smilingly said as I stood up from my seat and when they nodded, I quickly walk away.

 

"Hey! Where are you going? I'll come with you!"

 

I heard Sooyoung yelled which earned a 'Ssshhh' from the librarian. I just chuckled and continue walking in big steps.

 

"Yah! Sweetheart! Wait for me!" she yelled again once we've got out from the library.

 

Argh!

 

When will she leave me?

 

I'm seriously getting agitated of her although I have to admit that she also have the power to make me laugh sometimes.

 

But really! If this continues, I swear my parents will go to meet me in the jail.

 

I have to do something. But what can I do?

 

God, please help me with this one. I'm begging you.

 

Come on.

 

Just then, my eyes caught Minho who's walking and will surely get pass by me in any second. I see him scrunch his eyebrows, probably wondering of why I'm walking in a fast pace.

 

Minho?

 

Ahh! Bingo! Thanks God! You're really the best.

 

When we're about to get pass by each other, I gave him a just-go-with-the-flow look before hooking my arm with him.

 

He look at me in disbelief."A-aahh.. J-Jessica?"

 

I widened my eyes at him when he tried pulling his arm away from mine.

 

"Finally, Sweetheart!" Sooyoung exclaimed. Her hands were on her knees while panting heavily. She smilingly looked up to face me only to be surprised when she saw me happily clinging in someone's arms.

 

"Hey idiot! As you can see, I already have a boyfriend. So you gotta stop fantasizing about me, like seriously, if you don't want to get beat by my boyfriend. Right Seobang?" I said as I looked up to face Minho.

 

"W-Wha--" he was about to protest but sighed when I sent him a glare."Y-Yeah."

 

"See?!" I proudly said to Sooyoung.

 

Just when I thought she was about to gave up, she mockingly laughed.

 

"Sweetheart.." she lovingly mumbled."Did you just threaten me with that frail man? I bet he can't even lay a finger on me."

 

"What?!!" Minho suddenly hissed.

 

"Why? Did I hurt your pride? Then come on, why don't you give it a try? I'll give you three claps if you could touch me."

 

"If that's what you wa--" he was about to punch Sooyoung when I alertly grabbed his arm.

 

"Seobang!" I scolded him."Let's just go! And Choi Sooyoung, don't you ever try to follow us. I'm warning you.." I furiously said as I dragged Minho with me.

 

 

----

 

 

YURI'S POV:

 

 

Glancing at my wristwatch, I sighed.

 

Why does it seem to me that time is running so fast?

 

Argh! Nevermind. I wonder where the hell is Taeyeon and Minho. Why did they have to leave me alone? Now I don't know what to do.

 

I want to be with Yoona but she told me she's busy.

 

Probably busy with Jessica.

 

I shook my head.

 

Yaahh! What am I thinking?

 

How could I not trust Yoona? Argh! I'm such a bad girlfriend.

 

I know and I'm sure Yoona wouldn't do that to me.

 

I should just stop thinking.

 

With that, I walked towards my locker. I was about to open it when I felt my phone on my pocket vibrated.

 

I then look at my phone and smiled before answering it.

 

"Hey Yoong! You called? I thought you're busy? You've missed--"

 

"Yul! Come meet me at the auditorium. Right now."

 

"But--" I was about to say when a loud beep echoed in my ear."Yah! Yoong!" I yelled and turned to look at my phone incredulously.

 

I wonder what happened to her.

 

 

--

 

 

In a complete rush, I stepped inside the auditorium only to be greeted by darkness.

 

I frowned.

 

She said in the auditorium, right? Or maybe not?

 

Argh! But I heard it clearly!

 

AUDITORIUM!

 

"Yoong?" I called out as I slowly walked at the aisle, careful not to get trip or something.

 

"Yoong, are you here?"

 

"Yoong!"

 

Then suddenly, the lights . And the first thing I noticed is the stage that was filled with rose petals.

 

I gasped in excitement.

 

A soft melody came into my ears as Yoona stepped on the stage while playing the trumpet.

 

I bit my lower lip."Yoong..."

 

I closed my eyes, letting myself get carried away by the beautiful rhythm she was making.

 

How could she be this romantic when I didn't even know what's the special occasion?

 

When the music stop, I slowly open my eyes and widely smiled seeing Yoona gracefully making her way towards me.

 

My heart throbbed on its pace as I look at her approaching figure.

 

It's just feels like falling in love again.

 

She stops when we're just inches away from each other and pulled out a rose from her back, handing it to me.

 

"Y-Yoong.. W-what is this all about?"

 

She smiled."For the good 10 years of staying by my side."

 

My eyes widened."Today is...--"

 

"January 9, Yul." she continued."Happy 10th anniversary, My best friend. You don't have any idea how January 9s are so special to me. It's like reminiscing the day when I first saw you which is I consider as..."

 

I pursed my lips."As?"

 

"The happiest day of my life."

 

After hearing those words, tears starts b down my face. I quickly pulled her into a hug and used her 'suit' to wipe my tears. 

 

"Yah! You're using my clothes as your improvised handkerchief again!" she cutely whined.

 

"I love you, Yoong."

 

"I love you too, Yul."

 

 

----

 

 

Hand in hand, we walked towards the locker section to get our things.

 

I furtively tilted my head at my side and gasped in surprise when bunch of letters greeted Yoona's face once she opened her locker.

 

She just ignored those and took her bag instead.

 

."Aren't you going to read those letters?"

 

She narrowed her eyes at me."Aren't you have your own locker?"

 

I just huffed in annoyance as I turned to open my locker.

 

My eyebrows instantly rose when my eyes caught a brown envelope which was neatly placed atop of my books.

 

What's this?

 

Out of curiosity, I slowly opened the envelope. I look at its contents and frowned seeing pictures on it.

 

Pictures?

 

Then suddenly, my heart started beating faster than its normal rate.

 

I held my chest.

 

What's wrong?

 

I shifted my gaze to Yoona who's busy choosing of what books she could bring home.

 

Sighing heavily, I just turned my attention back at the envelope, reluctantly pulling the pictures out.

 

And in just a matter of seconds, the pictures slipped out from my hand as my breath momentarily hitched under my throat.

 

No!

 

 

 


 

 

A/N:

 

Last three chapters ^.^

 

Vote. Comment. Subscribe. Support. And Give me some Love <3

 

Thank you!