9 ;

Betraying Hearts

The house was silent unlike other days. Mark and Jackson were busy throwing dragger with their eyes at each other. They had returned earlier from the orphanage and since then no words were exchanged between them. The only sound that could be heard was their heavy breathing.

Mark made himself more comfortable on the couch he had been sitting on, grabbed the remote control from the table and the television. He kept on flicking the channels until his favourite music popped up on the screen while Jackson kept on looking at the boy who was now engaged on some silly music displayed on Television.

Few minutes later, a soft knock was heard on the door. Mark and Jackson both glanced at door then each other.

" Go and open the door. " 

" You go and open it. I am comfortable here. " 

Mark increased the volume of music.

" Lower the volume you stupid boy ! My ears are going to explode. " 

Mark did exact opposite. Loud music blasted throughout the house, the frequency so strong that every object in the room vibrated. Pissed off, Jackson grabbed the remote control and flicked the device off. Mark snatched it back and when he was going to turn the TV back on Jackson pushed him so hard that he fell on the couch and the remote control flew from his grasp. They watched in horror as it hit the forehead of boy who had just entered the room and landed on the floor with a loud thud.

" Ouch! ow, ow, ow ! " Bambam rubbed his forehead. He could feel a bump forming there.

" Bambam are you okay ?! " Mark and Jackson both rushed to younger's side and made him lay on the couch. 

" Jackson, bring the ice pack fast! " 

Jackson nodded his head and rushed to kitchen, coming back soon with ice pack on his hand. Mark took the pack from Jackson and placed it on Bambam's forehead.

" I am really sorry Bambam. But it was your brother's fault that you got hurt. " 

" Huh ? How is it my fault ! " Jackson gasped in disbelief.

" You pushed me and the remote flew out of my hand ."

" If you hadn't argued with me nothing like this would happen. You are the one who is to be blamed. " 

" Shut up and apologize to both of us. " 

" You do that Tuna boy. " 

" Don't call me that ! " 

" Or else what , Tuna boy. " 

" You....midget. " 

Mark smirked in victory as Jackson's mocking smile disappeared instantly.

" Dare you say it again. " 

" Midget, midget, midget. " 

" I swear to god, I'll ki......."

" Stop bickering like married couple guys. Stop it. " 

Bambam's voice was laced with irritation and the older ones stopped their actions at once , instead, focusing on the younger.

" You look pale. Are you alright Bam ? Did it hurt too much ? " 

" Don't worry I am alright. I think the morning air made me little nauseous that's it." 

" If you say so " 

" By the way do you like to have something warm?" 

Mark asked lifting the ice pack from Bambam's head.

" Yes please. " 

" Okay I'll make special soup for you. " 

" No ! I am not letting you go anywhere near my kitchen. " Jackson interjected.

" Why ?! " 

" First, you don't know how to cook and you destroy something everytime you try to experiment on your food."

" I can cook okay. And that fire was an accident, it won't happen again. " 

" Brother, if he wants to cook then let him. " Jackson swallowed back the rejection when his brother pouted cutely.

" Fine. But I am accompanying him. " 

Jackson cursed for nth  time now. The kitchen was a huge mess no wonder Mark was the one working there.  He had knocked another jar and the contents inside was spilled on the once clean sparkling floor. 

Jackson started cleaning the mess once again. Mark was busy dicing the vegetables when the knife slipped in wrong direction and cut his finger badly.

" Ow ! "Mark screamed in pain startling Jackson. He stood up from the floor and looked at Mark questioningly.

" What did you do now ? " 

Mark was on the verge of tears. Blood was oozing out of his finger continuously and he was trying hard to stop it.

As soon as Jackson saw the wound he sighted " Idiot , you must be more careful. " 

He gestured Mark to come closer and inspected the cut. It was deep. Jackson the tap and washed off the red liquid dripping from Mark's finger.

After the wound was clean , Jackson put Mark's finger gently inside his mouth. 

" What are you doing ?  That's gross " 

" Saliva helps a lot in healing wounds fast " Jackson mumbled lightly on the finger. Mark grunted in pain.

" Stop , it hurts " 

Jackson drew the finger out of his mouth and cleaned it once again. He brought first aid kit and wrapped the wound neatly with bandage.

" What about the soup ? " Mark mumbled.

" Forget about it " 

" But I want to make it " 

" No " 

" I wan ... " 

" Mark ! " 

" Jackson ! " 

" You are wounded . No need to continue working , I'll make the soup for Bambam " 

" Jac....." 

" I said no Mark " Jackson watched him with such intensity that Mark's voice died down inside his throat.

 " Sit here " Jackson pulled out the wooden chair and made Mark sit on it. Afterwards, he cleaned the chopping board , knife and threw the blood mixed diced vegetables on the rubbish bin. Mark kept watching silently like an obedient small child.

Jackson then pulled out basket of fresh vegetables , cleaned them before chopping them expertly. After all the necessary ingredients were collected in a place, he the gas and started cooking.

The smell was mouth watering. Mark won't admit it out aloud but he wanted to taste the soup Jackson was making. Minutes later , Jackson turned off the stove and started garnishing the soup.

" Bambam soup is ready " Jackson called out for his younger brother. 

Grunting , Bambam dragged his feet across the room , towards the kitchen. He pulled out nearby chair and threw his body , yawning lazily.

Jackson poured the soup in three bowls - one for Bambam, one for Mark and one for himself. He placed the bowl in front of two boys and took his seat beside his brother.

Mark his lips at the site of delicious looking soup. He picked up the spoon with his unwounded hand faster than the younger boys and gluped the spoonfull of hot soup down his throat. He regretted it immediately. Unlike the outer look of the soup , it's taste was hideous. Mark gagged , running to the sink,  he spitted out the soup and washed his mouth several times until the bitter taste started fading. Same happened to Bambam followed by the cook himself.

" You were telling me I can't cook. What is this ? Is this your so called expert cooking skills ? " 

Mark threw his question at Jackson.

" I can cook.  The soup turned out bitter because of your presence in the kitchen. If I hadn't seen your face before cooking then it would have certainly been delicious. " 

" Oh really ??? Don't start making excuses to hide your untalented cooking Wang. " 

" At least I didn't dice my finger along with vegetables. " 

" Are you mocking my cutting skills ? " 

" Yes " 

" I'll cut you into pieces and feed your meat to the dog then you'll know how expert I am at dicing and slicing. " 

" Like you would dare to do that " 

" Guys seriously ? I am hungry right here and you two keep getting on my nerves . I swear to god I'll throw you two out of house if you keep on fighting. "  Bambam gave them one long stern look.

" We are older than you at least have some respect" 

" If you want my respect then stop quarreling like dog and cat " 

Jackson and Mark stood silent for a moment.

" What now ? " 

" I think we'll have to go out and bring something to eat. "  Jackson suggested.

" Can't we order pizza ? " 

" No. It's not good for your health . " 

" But __ " 

" No buts Bami. Do you want to eat something or stay hungry ? " Jackson shut the younger up.

" Take me with you " Mark's voice made Jackson turn his attention towards him.

" And why would I do that ? " 

" I want to buy things too. " 

Jackson sighted " Fine. Let me grab my wallet first."

***********

" Jackson come here. " 

Mark had dragged Jackson inside the gift store against his will. After lot of nagging and bickering, Jackson had given up and let the boy do whatever he wants. And now Mark wanted him for god knows what.

Halfheartedly Jackson approached near Mark. He would have dragged the boy out of store already but he didn't wanted to create a scene infront of so many people.

" What do you think about this bracelet ? " 

Mark asked holding a bracelet infront of his face.  

" It's good. " Jackson replied without paying much attention. 

" Then let's buy it. " Mark skipped happily towards the counter and Jackson trailed behind him.

The lady smiled at them and handed Mark the bill. " Jackson, give me your wallet " 

" Why ? " 

" I need to pay for this bracelet duh " Mark snatched the wallet out of Jackson's hand and grabbed a couple of notes, handed the wallet back and paid the lady.

" What the hell ! If you didn't have money why did you entered this shop huh ? " Jackson finally shouted at Mark.

" But you had money and I wanted to buy this bracelet so bad. Think that it is gift from you to me." 

" What if I don't want to give you any gifts ? " 

" I bought the bracelet and you can't do anything now. " 

" Ugh , you are really very irritating. " 

" You two look good together " The lady on the counter cut off their bickering .

" Shut up ! We aren't together " Jackson left the store slamming the door on the way. Honestly he felt guilty for screaming at the lady like that but he was so frustrated with Mark to go back and apologize.

Shortly after Mark exited the store, showing off his bracelet . He was very much enjoying irritating Jackson. They walked side by side without exchanging any words  Jackson was pissed off beyond limit to talk with anyone.

They were nearing the alleyway when Jackson felt like someone was following them. He turned his head back but noone was there. 

" What are you looking at ? " Mark asked raising his brows questioningly.

" Nothing let's go. "  Jackson increased his pace dragging Mark along with him.  He could feel someone's presence behind him but chose to ignore it for now.

" Honestly what's wrong Jackson ?  " Mark stopped walking.

" No nothing is wrong. " 

" Then why are you walking so fast " 

" Because I like walking fast " 

" Really ? Tell me what's wrong ? " 

" Why do you need? " 

" Cause I do " 

" Didn't I tell you already nothing's wrong. " 

" You are lying. Te______"

" God damn it Mark ! Stay out of my business. You are nothing to me . I don't even know why did you come to this earth ? I hate you. You are budern to everyone. Noone wants you , noone loves you. My life has been ing hell after your arrival ! It was much better without you , go away . Just go away !"

Jackson's words felt like dragger's . They pierced his heart and against his resistance tears spilled out of his eyes. " Noone wants you , noone loves you " The word kept on repeating inside his mind again and again. Mark didn't want to be burden to anyone. His legs suddenly felt wobbly and he fell on the floor with a loud thud. A smiling picture of his mother flashed through his eyes and a choked sob escaped his trembling lips. Mark wasn't the one to show emotions easily but somehow Jackson's words hurt him.

Jackson felt guilty , very guilty. He didn't ment to make Mark cry. Regret bubbled up inside his heart and he crouched down next to Mark placing his hand gently on Mark's shoulder.

" Don't touch me " Mark swatted the hand away.

" I am sorry Mark. I didn't mean to say those words. I am really sorry. Forgive me " Jackson apologized with a pout.

" On__ly if you b__buy me an ice cream " 

" Aish , this grown up child " 

Jackson mumbled nodding his head. " Okay I'll buy you an ice cream. Now , stop crying and get up from the floor. People are looking weirdly at you. "

Mark quickly stood up , wiped the stray tears with the sleeves of shirt and followed Jackson to the ice cream parlour.

While Mark was busy his ice cream , Jackson scanned the surrounding. He could still feel someone's gaze on them. Jackson turned his head back to Mark and smiled at the cuteness radiating off from Mark , his anger from earlier melting like the ice cream. In fact he admitted to himself that the bracelet looked good on Mark's wrist. But something else caught his attention. Through the glass of the shop Jackson could see a man nearing them with a butcher knife on his hand. He glanced back . Before the man could hide again Jackson caught the site of him.

Without waisting any further seconds Jackson grabbed Mark's wrist and sprinted off in opposite direction. He ignored Mark's questions and protest. He could now see several men coming out from their hiding place equipped with knives and golf sticks. Jackson had no idea who they were or what they wanted but one thing was sure they were after him and Mark.

They hid behind the wall . Jackson's body was pressed flushed against Mark. 

" What's going on ? " 

" Shh " Jackson shushed Mark down and checked cautiously whether the men were still following them. The men were near. 

" What the hell ! Let me out of here " Mark started wriggling around and screaming.

Jackson shushed Mark with his hand but the boy bit his hand.

" Help !  Hel_____mmmmn " 

Having no other options Jackson sealed Mark's lips with his own and pinned Mark's hands on the wall. Mark struggled but eventually gave up , Jackson's grip was too strong. His mouth was still sealed with Jackson's lips. 

Making sure the man left them alone Jackson freed Mark from his hold. Mark aggressively wiped his lips with the back of his hand.

" What was that for ? ! " He punched Jackson's shoulder. 

" That was for silencing you and this " Jackson lifted Mark's chin up and planted his lips with Mark's lips again " is your payment to me for the bracelet you bought earlier " 

Jackson smirked at blushing , shocked and surprised boy.

_____________________************__________________

Hello from the other side . How are you all ????  I want to Thank you all for supporting this story. Thank you , thank you , thank you so so so much . 

Have a very nice day and yes ,did you enjoy the teaser video of Never Ever ?? Oh my god !!!!! it was so good I don't know how I am breathing right now. 

KEEP LOVING MARKSON AND GOT7 AS YOU ALWAYS DO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!