10 ;

Betraying Hearts

Mark tossed and turned around on the couch he was supposed to sleep on. He could still feel the ghost of Jackson lips on his own. Jackson's lips had felt intoxicatingly sweet and soft and he couldn't erase that feeling out of his head. While Mark was unable to fall asleep Jackson had already escaped in his dreamland pretending like nothing happened. " That bastard " Mark cursed tugging on his hair harshly .

" Ugh, get out of my head ! " 

Sleep wasn't coming to him anytime soon so Mark decided to call Jinyoung and explain his situation to his best friend. Few calls later the phone was received.

" Why the hell are you calling me in the middle of night ? "  A sleep laced hoarse voice came from the other end.

" How could you sleep so carelessly when I am practically dying here ? " 

" What happened ? Are you okay ! " 

Mark could hear the panick in Jinyoung's voice. 

" No I am not " Mark groaned.

" Mark tell me what happened exactly ? " 

" Someone kissed me and I liked it when I shouldn't."

" YOU DISTURBED MY SLEEP JUST TO TELL THAT SOME RANDOM KISSED YOU AND YOU LIKED IT " 

Mark could hear the scream even when the phone was few inches away from his ear.

" It's not some random okay. It's Jackson "

" WHAT !  Did I hear it right ? " 

" Yes you heard it perfect Jackson Wang kissed me" 

" No ing way ! And you are saying you like it ! " 

" That's the problem. I am supposed to hate him but I enjoyed the kiss more than I should. " 

Mark whined.

" Your supposed to be hate isn't exactly hate Mark " 

" What do you mean ? " 

" You are in love with Jackson " 

" Stop talking nonsense Jinyoung. I hate him more than I hate you  right now " 

" Stop denying it Mark. My case was same as yours. I used to think I hate JB but look he is the most precious person to me now " 

" You are supposed to help me not increase my problems " 

" I just pointed out the truth " 

" Whatever. By the way ,how did you figure out you loved JB ? " 

" Oh " Jinyoung cleared his throat and Mark could tell that he was blushing. " When we kissed for the first time I felt butterflies inside my stomach , I felt safe in his arms and I could see no one besides him. JB made me feel warm inside , the warmth I had never felt before and I knew from that exact moment that I love him " 

" Oh so romantic " Mark teased and Jinyoung cursed at him.

" Even though you didn't help me a bit thank you for listening. Go and rest your lazy now " 

" Bye Mark. Muwah , muwah " Jinyoung made kissy noises and Mark pretended to gag.

" Bye " 

He ended the call and his mind pondered over the words Jinyoung had just told. " You are in love with Jackson " . No way that's not possible. Just because he liked the kiss didn't mean that he loves Jackson right ?  His hate for the boy will never die.

" Why do I hate Jackson ? " Mark thought out aloud.

Maybe its the way Jackson's eyes sprakle whenever he is excited that irks Mark or the high pitched silly unique laughter of the boy that irritates him .  Also he hates Jackson's annoying voice . He hates everything and anything  that is related with Jackson. But is it really the hate he is feeling ? 

The kiss had came unexpectedly that he had no time to register whether he felt the butterflies or the warmth like Jinyoung told. Mark wanted to find out and the only way was to find out was to kiss Jackson again.

Mark quietly sneaked out of the room and pushed open the door of Jackson's room.  He made sure the other was asleep before flicking on the light. The room was illuminated instantly . Mark could see Jackson peacefully sleeping on the bed, his chest raising and falling slowly  , lips parted , eyes closed.

Mark carefully touched the sleeping boy's cheek and his eyes landed on the pink lips. He leaned down very cautiously and slowly. His heart thumped loudly , if he were to get caught now it would be the most embarrassing moment in his entire life. His lips touched Jackson's lips in a gentle kiss and Mark could feel strange feeling inside his entire body. His heart was doing werid flips and he could feel butterflies flying happily inside his stomach . 

Mark pulled away from the kiss . His eyes lingered on Jackson's face for a minute before he stood up and switched off the light , going back to the couch he had abandoned earlier.

Thousands of thoughts invaded him at once. His heart was saying that he liked Jackson but his mind was denying it. It was the battle between his heart and brain , both equally stubborn . Finally, after clash of thoughts and feelings , Mark concluded that it was just attraction he felt towards the younger , nothing more. 

Inhaling the night air , Mark threw his tired body on the couch and closed his eyes .

Mark jolted awake from his sleep due to the high pitched laughter coming from Jackson's room. He was very much grumpy from lack of sleep and the laugh annoyed him to no end. Throwing his legs lazily out of the couch, Mark made beeline for younger's room.

" Stop your annoying laughter right now ! "

Mark grumbled , eyes half closed , peeking his head inside.

" Look who decided to show up , morning sleeping beauty " Jackson grinning like an idiot.

" Piss off Wang , I am in no mood to talk " 

" Did you spent the whole night thinking about me?"

Mark stopped in his tracks , sleep escaping out of his system instantly instead replaced by fear. How did Jackson find out ?  Was he awake the whole time ?

" Relax Mark. I am just kidding. " 

Jackson laughed at the frozen boy who gave him angry galre before slamming the door shut and stomping towards the bathroom.

After having breakfast prepared by Bambam , they headed straight to the college. The whole college stared them like hwak upon seeing Mark and Jackson enter the building together. Gossip and murmur started and Mark rolled his eyes at them.

" Mark ! " Jinyoung pushed passed the students throwing apology here and there and hugged his best friend tightly.

" Jinyoung you are choking me " 

" Ooops sorry " 

He gave Mark a loopsided grin. 

" Momma missed you baby " 

Mark chuckled at the younger " I missed you too " 

" Did you confessed you undying love to Jac_____" 

" Jinyoung ! " Mark slapped his hand over Jinyoung's mouth no so gently and gestured with his eyes towards Jackson who was curiously looking at the two friends.

Jinyoung removed Mark's hand from his mouth

" it hurts " 

" You deserve it " 

Mark glanced at his wrist watch and his jaw nearly dropped on the floor. " I am late for class ! " 

Luckily their teacher hadn't entered or Mark would be in deep trouble. He sighted taking nearby empty seat and rested his head on the table. 

The class had never been this boring before. The time seemed to slow down and Mark was impatiently waiting for the luch break. When the teacher finished his lecture , Mark was the first one to exit the class. 

He breathed out in relief as two smiling face greeted him . Jinyoung and Yugyeom were seated on the table nearby chatting about something or probably someone.

" Markie bro " Yugeom engulfed him in bone crushing hug. 

" How have you been my little browine ? " Mark ruffled younger's brown hair.

" Hey don't call me that " Yugyeom pouted " I have been good. " 

They odered their lunch and started talking about random things.

" By the way Markie bro did you confess to Jackson bro ? " 

Mark shoot '  You are dead ' look to Jinyoung who munched on his fries avoiding Mark's eyes.

" I don't love him okay ! What's up with you guys asking me werid questions "

" But Jinyoungie bro told me that you love Jackson bro " 

" And you believed ? He blurts nonsense most of the time " 

" Sorry bro. I won't believe him from now on. " 

Yugyeom pointed his finger to Jinyoung and Mark let out a high pitched laughter. 

While enjoying his lunch Mark couldn't help but glance at Jackson's table. The site that greeted him made some werid feeling bubble inside his heart. Jackson was smiling at Mia , the so called queen of the college and that was nearly sitting on his lap. 

Jinyoung glanced at his best friend and trailed his eyes towards the direction Mark was glaring . Upon seeing the scene he smirked. Mark was jealous, really jealous.

To add fuel to Mark's fire Mia started touching Jackson's thigh while the said boy was still oblivious of her flirting.

Mark couldn't stand it anymore. He grabbed glass full of juice and stood up to teach lesson to that . 

" Mark bro where are you going ? " 

" Let him go Yug " Jinyoung was ready for some drama.

Mark approached the couple and purposely poured the juice on Mia's dress.

" What the hell Tuan ! " the girl screamed throwing draggers with her eyes " You ruined my clothes "

" Sorry " Mark smirked very much satisfied with the reaction he got from Mia.

" Are you okay Mia ? " Jackson grabbed some tissues and started cleaning her dress. That action made Mark's blood boil. He yanked Jackson's arm and dragged the boy away from canteen.

" Mark , Mia __"

" She will be fine " 

" But ___" 

" I said she will be fine " 

Mark snapped , halting his steps.

" What's up with you huh ? " 

Jackson asked confused. Why was Mark acting like this all of sudden ? 

" Why were you talking with that ? " 

" What's wrong with talking to Mia??She just wanted my help for study. " 

" It didn't seem to me like she wanted to just study with you " 

" Why are you acting like this all of sudden? " 

Mark grabbed Jackson's collar and pulled him close , smashing their lips together in process. He pulled away few seconds later.

" I hate you Jackson Wang. I hate you " 

Mark walked away leaving behind hurt and confused Jackson.

**********

" How was your day Mark bro ? " Bambam asked as soon as Mark entered the house.

" Is was okay. " Mark replied taking off his shoes. He placed them on the shoe rack and took his seat on the couch.

Bambam smiled at him. 

" Can you help me with my homework bro ? " 

" Sure " 

Mark changed into fresh clothes and followed Bambam. They sat side by side and started solving the problems. Time passed really fast and it was already evening by the time they were finished with the project.

" Jackson bro should be back home by now. Where is he ? " Bambam mumbled glancing at his wrist watch.

" He might have been caught up in work. Don't worry " 

The two boys waited for Jackson to return. Evening turned into night and their worry doubled. There was still no sign of Jackson, his mobile was switched off too.

Mark couldn't wait anymore. He walked across the room , with very distressed Bambam trailing behind him. Mark grabbed his , Jackson's jacket put it on and headed out to search the boy. Somewhere in his heart he knew that it was his fault the younger didn't return home.

" Bambam let's check him around the cafe area. " 

Mark suggested and the younger boy agreed.

They started searching every nook and corner of the area but Jackson was nowhere. Exhausted , worried and distressed Mark and Bambam kept on calling Jackson's name. 

When all the hope had died down and Mark was about to give up , he saw a blurry figure lying on the other side of road . The street light was dim so he couldn't see the face very clearly.

" Bambam , Bambam " 

" Yes Mark bro " 

Mark didn't say anything just pointed his hand towards the other end of road.

They crossed the road  and Mark could see the blood stains around the figure. He was slightly scared. Gathering all the courage he tilted the figure's head slightly so they could see the face. Both the boys gasped in horror as Jackson's bloody face greeted them. Cuts and wounds covered his whole body and blood was oozing out of the large wound on his stomach. Mark quickly ped his jacket and pressed the wound with it to stop the blood.

" Jackson , Jackson . Can you hear me? Jackson ! " 

The boy was unconscious. 

Bambam could feel his surrounding getting blurry and his breathing got heavier and heavier. He was having a panick attack. Hearing the choked sob and cough beside him ,Mark glanced back.

" Bambam ! " 

Mark rubbed the younger's back. He was panicking himself.

" Bambam try to breath. In out In out " 

Mark was calming the younger down at the same time made a call for ambulance. 

" Bambam keep your eyes open. P__please " 

Mark let out broken sob , his effort wasn't working. Bambam was still breathing heavily. Black dots clouded his vision and the last thing he saw was Mark's tear stained face before fainting.

The brothers were rushed to hospital.

" Who's with the patients Jackson Wang and Bambam ? " 

" I am " Mark answered the nurse.

" Please fill out this information " 

She handed himt the paper and he filled out the required information.

" Mr. Tuan " the nurse said glancing at the paper 

" Both the patients need an immediate operation . You have to deposit money as soon as possible " the lady handed him the bill.

Mark looked at the sum and frowned. Where will he bring such large amount from ? 

He phoned Jinyoung asking for his help. Soon Jinyoung was in hospital with three other boys trailing behind him.

" What happend Mark ? " 

" Jackson and Bambam need operation as soon as possible . They said we must deposit the money first. " 

" How much do we need ? " JB asked immediately.

Mark handed him the bill. Everyone opted to help but at the end it wasn't still enough for operation.

" What now ? " JB asked pacing back and forth.

" We will find a way JB " Jinyoung squeezed his hand gently calming the older a little.

While boys were busy discussing the solution Mark sneaked out of the hospital. The only right solution he could think was to ask for money , with his father.

Everyone gasped in surprise as they hadn't expected their young master to be the one to enter inside. Mark ignored the murmur and the stares.

" Is Mr. Tuan home ? " 

" Yes. He's in his room ups___" 

Mark hurried to his father's room and pushed open the door. To say Mr. Tuan was surprised would be an understatement .

" Mark my son. Where were you all these days ? And what are you even wearing ? " 

" That's not important right now. I need your help " 

" Of course son. Say what do you want ? " 

" I need money " 

" Take as much as you want but you know the deal you have to give something back " 

" What do you want ? " 

" I want you to stay with me. We are heading back to America. " 

" What if I don't agree ? " 

" It's your choice Mark. Don't you want to save your boyfriend ? " 

" What do you mean ?! You are the one behind all this ? How could you be so heartless Mr. Tuan ? " 

" That I am. I want you back son " 

" Don't call me your son. My father is dead . You are dead to me ! " Mark screamed tears rolling down his cheek.

" Alex is out there looking for Jackson. So what's youe decision ? " Mr. Tuan said ignoring his tears. 

" Don't you dare touch him " Mark snarled.

" I won't if you are ready to go with me." 

" I will go. But if anything happened to Jackson or Bambam ___" 

Nothing was important to him right now other than Jackson and Bambam. Not even his freedom.

" Nothing will happen to them. Here's the money. My bodyguard will accompany you incase you decide to betray me. " 

Mark deposited the money and beeged the lady not to tell anyone about it. She agreed eventually. Mark hid himself from his friends he could hear them murmur about his disappearance. He stole a glance a Jackson through the window and his heart ached painfully. He now knew his feelings for the other.

" Jackson , I love you " 

Mark kissed the glass , fighting back the tears and looking at the unconscious boy one last time he left with the bodyguards.

The boys wondered where Mark was gone. Just as Jinyoung was about to phone him, he received a call from Mark.

" Where are you ? " 

Silent 

" Mark say something " 

" I am leaving for America. I am not returning back." 

" What are you saying ? What about Jackson " 

" I don't care . He doesn't even have money to keep me happy. " 

" Wow. Are you for real Mark ? How can you be so heartless huh ? " 

" I am s__sorry " Mark's voice cracked at the end and he immediately ended the call.

" Sorry my " 

Jinyoung threw the device angrly which shattered into pieces just like his heart. He saw doctor in charge of operating Jackson and Bambam on his way back to the room.

" Doctor please start the operation we will pay the bills very soon. " 

" Don't worry about the money. The operation has already started. " 

*********

All of the boys sighted in relief upon hearing that the operation was successful and both were out of danger. 

" Can we see them doctor ? " 

" Yes you can " 

They entered inside and Jackson was surprised to see Mark's friend there.

" Hey Jacks who did this to you ? " JB asked as he took seat besides Jackson . Youngjae and Yugyeom checked on Bambam.

" I don't know Jae. I was on my way home when a group of boys attacked me. " 

Jackson's eyes were scanning the room for certain someone.

" What are you looking for ? " 

" Where's Mark ? " 

" He left " 

" Oh. He must be bored sitting in the hospital " 

" He left for America Jackson , he isn't coming back" 

Jackson heart shattered into million pieces. The pain he felt was far more worst than the physical injuries specially after realizing his feelings for Mark. He felt pain , then disappointment and then anger. Mark didn't care if he died or lived , the boy wanted money.

The only feeling left for Mark on Jackson's heart was hatred , pure hatred.

___________________________________________________

Hello everyone , hope you all are healthy and well. This chapter is rushed and boring but thank you for reading !!!!! I love you all <3

GET WELL SOON JACKSON !!!

MARKSON FIGHTING !!!!!!!