7 :

Betraying Hearts

" BAMBAM ! "

Jackson's voice echoed throughout the house. 

" BAMBAM " 

" What is it Jackson ? " 

Bambam pipped inside , a nervous smile stretching on his lips.

" What is this ? What is Mark Tuan doing inside my room ? " 

" Sleeping " 

" Bami ___ You let him enter inside didn't you ? " 

Jackson said through gritted teeth.

" N__no I didn't " 

" If you didn't let him in then wh___" 

His sentence was cut short by a loud grunting sound that came from the sleeping boy.

" Ugh go away " 

Mark buried his face inside the covers blocking away the noises that was disturbing his peaceful slumber.

" Are you saying me to go away ? Me ? This is my room. No way in the hell I am leaving " 

Jackson started tugging the blanket away from Mark's body. Mark , very much irritated swung his fist wildly which landed perfectly on Jackson's jaw.

" Ouch ouch ouch " 

Tears stung his eyes. 

" He has the guts to punch me huh ? " 

Mark would have a bruised face if it wasn't for Bambam who stopped his brother's action midway and dragged him out of the room.

" Just let him sleep Jacks " 

" Let him sleep ? Let him sleep ? That's my room Bam. Where will I sleep if he stays there ? " 

" Just sleep on the couch. " 

Jackson's jaw nearly dropped on the floor.

" Me ? Couch? Are you kidding me ?"

" I am not. There is no other option for you right now. Either sleep on the couch or sleep with Mark " 

Jackson sighted in defeat.

" Fine. But I need Mark Tuan out of this house by tomorrow morning " 

" We'll see about that " 

Bambam left for his room dumping his brother on the living room couch. Jackson grunted , sighted , grunted again and threw his body on the couch having nothing else to do. Cursing Mark silently inside his head, he closed his eyes.

********

Jackson squinted his eyes against the bright ray of sunlight. Yawning , he threw his legs off the coach and stretched his arms. His whole body felt stiff and his back was screaming with pain all thanks to Mark.

He dragged his feet against the carpeted floor , towards the sink. The mirror reflected a boy with messed up hair and puffy half lidded eyes. 

" I look like a fresh zombie " 

Jackson commented on his reflection , running his fingers through his hair in attempt to smooth it. He splashed his face with water several times chasing away the sleep that was left in his system.

After completing his morning routine, Jackson woke his little brother up.

" Good morning Jackson. " Bambam gretted yawning.

" Morning. Go get changed , I will make coffee for us " 

" Are you making one for Mark too ? " 

" That brat still hasn't left my house ? " 

Jackson left for his room ready to kick Mark out of his bed. The said boy was lying comfortably on the bed, eyes open.

" What ? " 

Mark lifted his eyebrow at Jackson as he was staring too much at Mark.

" Get out of my house right now. "

" Well, good morning to you too " 

" I SAID GET OUT OF MY HOUSE RIGHT NOW " 

Jackson could no more hold his anger.

" Gezz, lower your voice Wang. Your neighbours might hear you " 

Jackson fisted his hands as he was about to throw Mark out of bed ,  his eyes landed on the certain stain on blanket and the anger multiplied itself inside him. 

" WHAT  THE HELL DID YOU DO ??? " 

Jackson caught  fistful of Mark's shirt shaking the boy left to right.

" What ? " 

Mark blinked innocently.

" Y__you drooled on my favourite blanket ! " 

" That's not my problem " 

Mark shrugged his shoulders heading to the bathroom. He glanced back to see red faced Jackson punching the bed sheets.

 

" This isn't happening. I must be dreaming , really dreaming " 

" Jackson ! " Bambam shouted silencing his brother from ranting nonsense.

" Tell him to look other way. I can't eat my food without  wanting to punch his face " 

" That's rude brother " 

" I can't believe I let him eat meal with us " 

" Shut up and finish your food fast Jackson " 

Bambam ordered while passing the plate to Mark.

" Mmmm, the food is really delicious " 

Mark said his lips.

" Jackson made it " 

" Then I take back my compliment " 

Bambam and Mark giggled like teenage girls causing Jackson to roll his eyes at them.

" Erm " Jackson cleared his throat grabbing the attention of the boy.

" I am dropping Bambam to his school .You , he pointed at Mark " are going to walk to college , it is not very far from here " 

" I am not going anywhere. I will stay here "

" No, I don't trust you with my home. You are going to college " 

" No, I don't___" 

Mark gluped nervously at Jackson's scary face that was close to his own.

" You will go , won't you? "

 " I__i will " 

 " Very good " 

Jackson grabbed his helmet and gestured Bambam to follow him , giving one last stern look  at Mark he left for his brother's school.

Mark stood alone thinking of the ways to avoid going to college. ' What if his father found him ? ' No, his dad won't think that Mark would return to college after running away from home. 

Mark made his mind, he will attend the classes. 

Everything was going normal until the lunch break arrived. Mark realized that he had no money and neither Jinyoung nor Yugyeom were in sight. His stomach grumbled with hunger. Mark scanned his surrounding and to his relief found Jackson sitting with his friend few tables away. He made his way to them.

" Jackson Wang "

" What do you want now ? "

Jackson glared at Mark while Youngjae quizzically glanced back and forth.

" Buy me something to eat "

" Why don't you buy yourself ??"  

" What do you think I would have asked you to buy me food if I had money ? " 

Mark deadpanned.

" Go ask with Jinyoung then " 

" He is busy with Jae___I mean his boyfriend " 

Jackson gave a stern look.

"  Don't expect me to buy you food. Staying hungry for a day won't kill you. "

Sulking , Mark took sit on nearby table. His stomach grumbled again.

" Shut up stomach " 

" Uhh, if you want I will buy something for you " 

Mark glanced up at Youngjae's smiling face.

" Thank you , thank you. You are an angel " 

Youngjae let out a shy laugh and lead the clinging boy towards cafeteria.

Mark made a new friend that day, a ball of sunshine , Youngjae.

The college ended and Mark was the first one to leave class. Jackson wondered why the boy was in such hurry.

Mark knocked on the familiar door of Jackson's house  and was instantly welcomed by Bambam's smiling face.

" How's your day ? " 

" Fine " 

Mark replied shortly taking his usual seat on the couch.

" I bet Jackson will have a heartattack seeing you back here "

A genuine smile stretched on Mark's lips 

" Bambam " 

" Huh ? " 

" Thank you for helping me " 

" No problem " 

Bambam returned the smile.

" I have to go to my friend's house for project. Will you be able to stay here alone?? Jackson will be back anytime soon " 

" Don't worry. I'll be fine " 

Mark shooed the kid away.

********

The weather turned dull and dark. Grey clouds blanketed the sky , the wind roared wildly and occasional boom of thunder could be heard. It was raining soon. Jackson  glanced up at the sky and increased his pace, walking as fast his legs could bear. Finally reaching the front door of his house he let out a breath of relief.

But the relief was cut short as a strong smell of smoke invaded his nostrils. He was sure something was burning inside his house. Without further thoughts Jackson raced to kitchen. Mark was inside, coughing violently.Smoke was oozing out of burnt food that was on the frying pan.

The first thing Jackson did was  turn off the gas and pour water on burning food. He threw the food on trashcan and diverted his silted eyes towards Mark.

" What do you think you are doing ? " 

His voice was cold and gravely.

" I__i that ____Bam " 

Mark couldn't form any coherent word under Jackson's piercing gaze. 

" You nearly burnt the house ! Goddamn it ! Do you think this is all a joke ? I can't tolerate this anymore " 

Jackson dragged Mark by his wrist and threw the boy out of the house slamming the door shut on his face.

By the time Bambam was back it had already started raining. He ran inside his house and locked the door behind.

" Phew! I nearly got soaked by the rain " 

He glanced outside the window. Raindrops were falling down with pitter patter  sound against the pavement. The rainfall was heavy , Bambam couldn't even see the nearby houses and road.

​​​​​​He could hear door open and close.

" Mark " 

" It's Jackson " 

" Oh. When did you get back ? " 

" Thirty minutes earlier. Where were you gone ? ",

" Friend's house . Where's Mark ? " 

​​​​​​" I threw him out "

" You did what ! "

Bambam stood up looking at his brother with big surprised, unbelieving eyes.

"I threw him out Bambam. I had told you earlier not bring him in but you never listen.

" Oh no oh no. Where might he ?" Bambam anxiously paced back and forth.

" That brat probably is in his manison complaining about me " 

" No you stupid. Mark ran away from his home. " 

​​​​​​" What do you mean " 

Bambam explained all the story to Jackson.

" What now ? " 

" Let's go find him " 

Both the brothers  grabbed  umbrella and ran searching for Mark.

" Bam, you go to left"

Bambam nodded his head.

" MARK, MARK WHERE ARE YOU ?" 

Jackson shouted over the sound of  rain. 

" MA______"

His eyes caught  sight of  a figure lying on ground and he ran towards that direction.

" Mark " 

Mark was soaked wet with rain , shivering from head  to toe . Upon hearing his name he glanced up with half lidded eyes

​​​​​​"Get up and follow me inside "

Mark obliged without any protest.

Jackson called Bambam back and they entered inside.

" Go get changed "

" I don't have extra clothes "

Jackson rubbed his temples and entered his room coming   back shorty  after with clothes in his hands.

He handed them to Mark.

" Here, take my clothes and go get changed. "

Mark collected the clothes and entered inside bathroom to get changed.

After few minutes he came out with   Jackson's clothes hanging on his thin frame.

" You sit here. I'll  prepare something warm for you . " 

No a minute had passed after he entered the kitchen, Jackson heard a loud thud in living room.  

Bambam and Jackson rushed there to find Mark passed out on the floor.

Bambam touched Mark's forehead. He's burning up with fever.

Jackson gently lifted Mark up in his arms , bridal style and carried him towards his room. He placed Mark on  the bed  and covered him with blankets. As he was about to leave the room he heard a faint wishper.

" Don't leave me alone "

Glancing back he saw Mark's face painted with pain. Through closed eyes, tears were  flowing and  Mark's body was shivering almost violently. Jackson never found Mark so vulnerable before. He looked like a child deprived of his mother's love. Jackson couldn't bring himself to abandon Mark.

He layed beside Mark , wrapped his hand's around Mark's waist , kissed Mark's  forehead and closed his eyes.

________________________******_____________________

Hello my dear readers, how are  you all  ???

Thank you for supporting project Markson by @projectmarkson in Twitter.

Don't forget to leave comments below.

MARKSON FOREVER !!!!!!!!!!

 

​​​​

​​​

​​