12 ;

Betraying Hearts

" What ! " Mark exclaimed. Did he heard what he heard or was it just his ears making up sounds ? Why in the earth would Jackson Wang choose him as personal manager ? Didn't the boy hated his existance ?

" You are hired for the job Mr. Tuan " the lady repeated " From now in you are working as personal assistant for Mr. Wang. Please visit our office by 7 am tomorrow. " 

" O___okay. Thank you "  Mark suttered out a response. With the beep sound of his mobile phone, his trance broke ' What just happened ? '

" Mark are you alright ? Who were you talking with ?"

Mr. Tuan asked as looked at Mark's confused face.

" Dad, they hired me for the job. I just received call from T and W enterprise. " 

" Wow congratulations son ! I knew for sure you'll get the job. I am very hap_____"

" Mark aren't you happy ? " Mr. Tuan asked upon realizing that his son wasn't even smiling.

Should he tell his father that the company belonged to Jackson ? ' No' he thought. It wasn't the right time. What if his father's health got worse ?

" I am happy. Very happy. " Mark forced a smile on his face.

' What's going on in that mind of yours Jackson?' he wondered.

 

" A lot of things are going on in my mind right now" Jackson shifted his eyes to Jinyoung who was observing him intensely.

" Do you even think before taking decisions ? Out of all people you had to choose him ? " 

" I chose him for a reason Jinyoung " A evil smirk made it's way on Jackson's lips. 

" And can I know what is it ? " 

" Revenge. If he stays close it will be easier for me to hurt him. He tried to play with fire , he has to burn now " 

Jinyoung gave him doubtful look nonetheless nodding in agreement.

" But  will you be able to hurt him ? Afterall he is your first love " 

" He was " Jackson corrected his friend.

" That love has made me strong all these years. My heart has zero emotions for him now except for the hate. I don't care if he hurts. "

 

" Ouch! " The needle pierced his delicate skin causing the red thick liquid to ooze out. Mark placed the needle and the shirt he was sewing aside. He hurried to the sink and cleaned the blood before heading back to his room. Mark observed the piece of clothing , that had been his favourite and he believed that the shirt brought him luck. He had decided to wear it on the first day of his job but the buttons were loose so he was trying to mend them. After the work was finished , he smiled proudly and ran his hand along the soft fabric.

" Rest well. We have a lot of work to do tomorrow."

He talked with his shirt and laughed.

" Well, I must rest too " 

Mark closed his eyes and shortly after he drifted away to his dreamland.

" Pay me the rent by today's evening or else you'll be kicked out "  Mrs. Park high pitched voice woke  Mark up from the deep slumber.

He groaned and dragged his feet towards the open door where Mrs. Park and his father were bickering.

" What's going on in here ? " he asked , tiredness evident on his voice.

" She is creating scene again " 

" What did you say old man ? I am just asking for my money " 

Mrs. Park and Mr. Tuan never get along. Due to her loud mouth, Mrs. Park gained hate from most of the people including Mark's father. It was one of the many reasons why the lady wanted them out of the house.

" I apologize in behalf of my father Mrs. Park. And as for your money we will pay it " 

" I don't trust people like you. Today is deadline for the payment or else _____"

" We'll pay " 

" You better " 

She gave them a menacing glare and went back to resuming her previous activity.

" I swear this woman is witch in human body. She gets on my nerves " 

Mr. Tuan blabbered on making his son laugh. By the time he was finished with his morning routine , he was late for the work.

" Oh crap " Mark hurried out of the house but returned back a second later.

" Dad , don't forget to take your medicines and call me if you need anything. " He reminded his father and ran as fast as his legs could bear towards the bus stop.

He sighted in relief as the building came in view and without waisting further time , entered inside.

" Mr Tuan "  The lady he had met the day before gretted him " Follow me . Mr. Wang has been waiting for you " 

Mark trailed behind her like a lost puppy.  On his way to the office , he could feel several eyes on him and the employees low murmur. He adjusted his slightly wrinkled shirt on his thin body and continued walking , ignoring the stares.

The lady opened the door for him " Mr. Wang is inside " 

Mark thanked her and peeked inside. Jackson was sitting on the comfortable chair, crossed leg , scowling at nothing in particular. He cleared his throat to let the other know of his presence.

Jackson stood up from his chair , crossed his arms and gave Mark one judging look .

" Mr. Tuan,  first day at work and you are late " 

" It's not my fault. The driver was so slo_____"

" I don't need your explanation. " 

Jackson cut him off " And what are you even wearing ? " 

" What's wrong with my outfit ? " 

" It looks disgusting " 

" Did you just call my favourite shirt disgusting ? "  Mark glared at the young CEO. How dare he !

" Yes I did. Enough with the talking . Get to work now " 

" I am not assigned with any task. What should I do? "  

" For now ,type these documents . " Jackson handed him a file of documents " I'll hand you  your work schedule later. " 

Mark's jaw dropped , it was a whole bundle of documents with long presentations. It will take ages to finish with typing. How was he supposed to complete it only in few hours ?

" Are you kidding me ? How am I supposed to type this documents in just few hours ? "  Mark turned pages after pages on the file.

"  If you keep on complaining I will add even more files. " Jackson threatened " I suggest you start working now. You are running out of time Mr.Tuan" 

Mark groaned. So this was Jackson Wang's way to torture him huh ?

Shortly after he was assisted to his cabin by another lady.  ' Why are there so many ladies workers ? ' he thought.  

After she left he put the files on the desk , switched on the laptop and started typing.

Halfway through the documents, his fingers started aching but he continued to type. 

Mark couldn't believe himself that he finished the work within few hours. Though his fingers were screaming in pain and his felt numb for sitting too long on the same position , he felt satisfied. He printed out the documents , filed them and with a huge smile plastered on his face walked to Jackson's office.

He placed the finished work on younger's desk with a loud thud. Jackson glanced up from his file to Mark and then to the printed documents. He examined the papers thoroughly while Mark kept on smiling.

" Is this what you call typing ? There are so many grammatical mistakes. Even a small kid can type better than you " 

The smile on Mark's lips was immediately replaced with frown.  Jackson crumbled up the papers and threw them in the trash can .

" Type the documents again . " 

" What do you mean ? ! I spent whole day typing the documents and you are telling me to redo it ! " 

Mark looked at the younger with utter disbelief in his eyes.

" I AM NOT DOING IT " 

" Don't make me repeat my words Mr. Tuan. Get back to work  "  

" Aren't you being unfair ? " 

" No not at all " 

" Jerk " Mark muttered under his breath.

" Did you say something ? " 

" No nothing " 

" Jerk , frog eyes , Jackass , dickhead " Mark kept on complaining all the way back to cabin. He started working on the documents again this time, however, paying close attention to the grammar.

 

" Jackson brother " Bambam barged into Jackson's office out of nowhere.

" What do you want Bami ? " 

"  Why didn't you tell me Mark bro is here ? " 

" Who told you that ? " 

" Jinyoungie was complaining to Jaebum bro that you assigned Mark for personal assistant " 

" Now tell me where is he ? " 

Bambam demanded. 

" He's working in his cabin " 

The younger needn't to be told twice. He practically ran out of his brother's office and dragged Yugyeom who was waiting for him outside , towards Mark's cabin.

A soft knock on the door startled Mark out of his work zoned state. " Come in " 

" Markie " 

Yugyeom ran with cheetah speed and tackled the older into very tight hug. " Where were you gone ? You didn't even try to contact me. I missed you so so so much " 

He wasn't letting go of the hug anytime soon. Mark was bewildered at  the youngers action and words. Didn't  he hate Mark just like his other friends ?

A low chuckle made the boys shift their attention towards Bambam.

" Bambam " Mark whispered.

" Hey , how have you been ? " 

" Good " 

Soon the awkward atmosphere was broken and the three started chatting like teenage school girls.

" Don't you guys hate me for what I did back then ?" Mark asked. He needed to know .

" No we don't hate you. Sure, I was disappointed at first but I know very well that my Markie brother can't do such thing without a reason " 

Yugyeom smiled and Bambam nodded in agreement.

" By the way what are you working on ? " 

" These documents " 

Mark pointed to the file on the desk.

" Isn't that too much ? Let us help you " 

" NO " Jackson's voice startled the three of them. 

" You two " he pointed at Yugyeom and Bambam " go back to your office " 

The youngers nodded their head and left.

" And you , are you finished with the work ? " 

" N__no " 

" Start working then "  Jackson exited slamming the door on process. Few minutes later, after Jackson was gone Yugyeom sneaked back in the room with a glass of juice in his hand. 

" Drink this "

He scanned the surrounding and ran back to his office while Mark smiled.

Mark placed the glass aside. He must finish the work first. It was getting late and Mark was growing impatient with each passing seconds. He forced his fingers to function against their will. 

Tired he glanced at the glass of juice. He took a sip from it and walked towards the door for much needed fresh air. 

The door suddenly opened and he collided with the CEO. The juice spilled on the white shirt of Jackson , staining it.

" Sorry. I'm so sorry " 

Mark frantically tried to wipe the shirt with the paper sheets. Pissed off , Jackson slapped Mark's wrist away. He dragged Mark back inside and locked the door before striping out of his shirt. 

" Ya___yah what do you think you are doing ? " 

Mark blushed, head turning to the other side of room. Jackson grabbed his shoulders and turned him around . He handed Mark his stained shirt.

" Remove stains from this shirt then only I'll let you out of this room.  " 

" But there's no washing machine in here. " 

" There's washroom and you have hands Tuan " 

Jackson pointed to the right corner of room while taking seat on the free chair.

Muttering under his breath , Mark entered the washroom and the tap. He rubbed the stains together , repeating the process for several times but the stubborn stain wouldn't go away . His blood boiled. He applied too much friction to the fabric as a reasult a hole formed on the shirt. 

" Oh god no no no " 

Mark was on the verge of crying. What shall he do now ? He could already imagine the devil resurfacing in Jackson's face. 

His phone buzzed signalling that he had received a call. He glanced at the ID. Dad.

" Hello " 

" Mark where are you ? " 

He could hear panick in his father's voice.

" Dad , is everything alright ? " 

" No. Mrs. Park has send her men for clearing the house. I can't stop them son. " 

" So we are practically homeless ? " Mark cursed " You wait there , I'll be back soon " 

He ran out of the washroom and handed Jackson his shirt. Mark tried to open the lock but Jackson stopped his hand before he could reach the door knob.

" What is this ? "  

He showed Mark his torned shirt.

" I have no time to explain. Let me go " 

" No "

" Let me go please " 

He tried to break free from Jackson's tight grip but the other didn't even flinch. Mark bit younger's wrist with his sharp teeth , freed his hand , unlocked the door and escaped out leaving the shirtless, fuming Jackson behind.

___________________________________________________

You all are giving so much love and support to this story that I am crying from too much feels. I love you all  

MARKSON OR NEVER , SEVEN OR NEVER !!!!!!!!!!