14;

Betraying Hearts

" You broke my phone? ! " Mark screamed trying to fix the shattered device. 

" Broken things can't be fixed Mr. Tuan , don't waste your time in it " 

" Yes, all thanks to you " Mark seethed in anger.

" Go back to your office . I'll send some documents to you , check them and hand it to me later. " 

Jackson took his seat and shooed Mark away from there. Cursing the CEO under his breath , Mark returned back to his cabin. Few minutes later someone knocked at the door.

" Come in " 

Yugyeom entered inside with a huge smile plastered on his face.

" Here " he handed Mark the documents and made himself comfortable on the chair .

" Markie bro what are you going to gift Jackson bro today ? " 

" What do you mean Yug ? What gift ? " 

" Didn't he invite you to his birthday party ? " 

" Today's his birthday ? No, I am not invited. "

" But he invites all employees every year and Mia was saying she was invited too how come you didn't receive invitation ? He must have forgotten for sure " 

Mark smiled sadly. He knew that Jackson purposely didn't invite him after all the younger hated Mark from core of his heart.

" Now that you know, you must surely join us " 

" How can I come to party without being invited Yugyeom ? " 

" Bambam and I are inviting you " 

" But ____" 

" No buts. Please it will be no fun without you. Please " 

Yugyeom started  pouting and whining.

" Okay fine. Stop whining and get back to work " 

" Oh yeah give me your address brother. I will pick you up " 

Mark wrote his address on the piece of paper and gave it to the younger. 

" Yay ! We will have so much fun " 

Yugyeom bounced out of the room.

Mark did promise to go with Yugyeom but would it be right thing to do. How would Jackson react ? He sighted. Pushing the negative thoughts out of his head he focused on the work instead.

He handed the documents after making sure there were no mistakes. Collecting his things he left for home . Bambam greeted him outside the office.

" Mark bro , we will be at your home in an hour. Be ready till then " 

Mark nodded his head in acknowledgement. 

" Okay then see you later " 

Bambam waved at him and hurried towards Yugyeom who was waiting for him while  Mark waited for the bus.

On his way to home , Mark decided to buy gift for Jackson. He entered the gift store and starting checking the displayed items. What might Jackson like ? Teddy bear - no ,  glass vase - no , watch- he already had many. He checked further and found something that caught his eye. Bracelet - perfect.

He went to the cashier and the lady packed the bracelet in cute little box. After the payment was done Mark raced to his home.

" Woha !  Slow down young man. Why are you in such hurry ? " Mr. Tuan asked as his son nearly tripped while hurrying to his room.

" My friends will be here any minute and I am not ready yet . " 

" Are you going somewhere ? " 

" Ya , birthday party " 

" Did you ask for my permission  ? " 

" I know you'll let me go " 

" And who said that ? " 

" Dad " Mark pouted.

" I am just kidding. Go get ready fast "  Mr. Tuan chuckled at his son's cuteness.

Honk , honk.

Yugyeom and Bambam had arrived and Mark came out of the house. He had choosen long sleeved shirt and blue jeans to wear. 

" This is how you are going to party ? " Fashion diva Bambam commented on Mark's dress. 

" Yes. What's wrong with my clothes ? " 

" You need make over. Get inside , we are heading to our house first " 

Bambam made Yugyeom turn the car towards their apartment while Mark sat on back seat still wondering what's wrong with his clothes. 

Few minutes later they parked the car outside a huge apartment. Bambam urged the boys to enter inside the place. He entered his room to grab necessary clothes and make up items while Yugyeom and Mark waited for him in the living room patiently.

After what felt like hours , Bambam finally came back with sleeveless t-shirt, black skinny jeans and lots of makeup products. He handed the clothes to Mark. 

While the older was changing in bathroom the two youngers selected the makeup items.

" Wow , Mark bro you look hot in those clothes " 

Yugyeom commented as soon as he saw Mark out of the bathroom.

" Thank you "  Mark blushed.

" Sit down. We'll do your make up now eh ? " 

They made their brother sit on the comfortable chair.

" Yugyeom hand me that eye liner " 

Bambam did his eye makeup then styled his hair and god knows what he applied on Mark's face and lips.

" All done " The young boy clapped his hands , proud of his work.

" You look like the model that came out straight form the magazine. I am sure lot of girls will drool over you today. Check out for yourself " 

Mark couldn't recognize the reflection that greeted him. The boy in the mirror was hot and y. Was it really him ? Wow he thought Bambam was really good at these kind of stuff.

" Seems like you fell in love with your own reflection Markie " 

Yugyeom teased .

" Shut up Yugyeom " 

" The old sassy Mark is back " 

The three of them started laughing.

" Let's get going. We need to be at brother's mansion on time " Bambam glanced at his wrist watch.

Yugyeom grabbed his car keys. " Let's go " 

Mark was feeling uncomfortable. Was it really okay for him to go to Jackson's party without any invitation ? Sure the younger two had invited him but still.

" Hey  bro are you okay ?" 

Bambam asked upon sensing Mark's uncomfort. 

" Bami, is it really okay for me to go there ? " 

" Of course it is . Why are you asking ? " 

"  It's just that Jackson he ____" 

" He won't say anything. We'll stick to your side okay. Even if he says something we are always there for you " 

He smiled at Mark reassuringly. 

Finally they arrived at Jackson's manison that was decorated with multicolored lights. Mark nervously bit his lip as he exited the car.

Bambam took him by hand and Yugyeom followed them.  The trio searched for the birthday boy among the crowd of boys and girls.

Finally they spotted Jackson near the pool chatting with another boy. Bambam dragged them to that direction. Mark hid behind Yugyeom quickly as Jackson finally noticed them .

" Bambam " 

" Happy birthday brother " 

" Ya happy birthday Jacksonie bro " 

Jackson smiled at the youngers but his smile turned upside down upon seeing the person he least expected to be there.

" What are you doing here ? ! " he directed his question to Mark.

" We invited him here. It is okay right brother  ? " 

Bambam attacked him with his puppy dog eyes and Jackson lost.

" Yes why not. Welcome to my birthday party Mr. Tuan "  He fake smiled at the older boy. Mark didn't say anything just nodded his head and kept on looking down.

" We will be around " 

With that being said the trio left the birthday boy to check out the other arrangements. 

" Hey Bambam " 

Mia came to them with drink on her hand. She was wearing red one piece that barely covered her hips , lot of makeup and strong perfume that would give you headache for week. Yugyeom scrunched his nose in digust , it was obvious that the younger didn't like the girl either.

" Who's this hottie with you ? "  she asked pointing towards Mark's direction.

" You don't know me?  I am the same boy who you had insulted few days ago "  Mark nearly ripped off her head.

" Forget about what happened few days ago. Let's dance , shall we ? " 

" No thanks. I'm not interested in like you " 

Mark flat out rejected her . Mia glared at them before stomping off to her friends.

" That was , wow . Did you see her face ? " 

Yugyeom laughed. 

" She deserved it " 

" Ladies and gentlemen attention please. Today we are here for celebrating my bestfriend's , CEO of T and W enterprise birthday . Let's gather here for a moment then you can enjoy yourself " 

Jinyoung announced . Mark flinched at the ' best friend ' word. Jinyoung had changed a lot , he grew to be more mature , more handsome but his eyes held the same gentleness like before . He seemed to be more happy now.

As told all gathered near to where Jackson , Youngjae, Jaebum and Jinyoung were. Jackson gestured for Bambam and Yugyeom to join the group.

" Mark brother let's go " 

" You two join him. I am fine here " 

" But " 

" Yugyeom, I'll be fine here. Really " He smiled at the younger.

" Okay then. Don't go anywhere okay. I'll be back soon " 

The six friends started praying and everyone sang ' Happy birthday ' song. Jackson cut the cake and feed first piece to his brother than his friends. Mark watched the whole interaction from far away smiling to himself. 

Everyone started wishing the birthday boy and giving him their gifts. Their gifts were much more expensive and beautiful compared to Mark's. He fished the little box out of his pocket and eyed it. He felt little awkward and out of place but kept on masking his discomfort  with smile. 

When everyone were done wishing , it was now Mark's turn. Jackson eyed him up and down.

" Happy birthday Mr. Wang " Mark handed the little box to Jackson and walked away from there as quick as possible.

Jackson kept the box securely inside his pocket. It was special because it came from Mark Tuan , his enemy.

" Jackson let's dance " Mia dragged him to dance floor against his protest. She started grinding their body together. He tried to escape from her grasp but she kept on clinging to him. Fortunately Mark passed by them and Jackson's brain came up with an idea.

" Hey Mr. Tuan come over here " 

" Do you need something from me  ? " 

Mark raised his eyebrow. 

" I want to dance with you " 

" What !? " 

He was about to decline but the younger's pleading eyes to save him from the girl made him change his decision.

" Sure " 

Jackson unlatched himself from the tentacles of Mia. " Sorry Mia " 

Mark smirked at the fuming face of hers. The CEO suddenly wrapped his arm around older's waist earning a gasp as result. The music changed into soft romantic song.

Mark's heart raced inside his chest , his stomach did flips and red blush appeared unwillingly on his cheeks. 

They started dancing at slow pace , eyes never leaving each other's face. Jackson twirled Mark around and caught him by his waist once again bringing their bodies even closer. 

The music ended with clapping of audiences and they broke out from their trance. Jackson quickly sidelined Mark and went back to his group of friends.

" You two looked like young romantic couple "  Yugyeom teased causing the blush to darken on Mark's cheeks.

" Look our Markie is blushing . Aww so cute " 

" S___stop it Yugi " 

" Why should I ? " 

Mark hit the younger on his shoulder repeatedly.

" Okay , okay sorry. I won't tease you " 

" Good " 

" Have you eaten anything yet ? " 

" No.  " 

" I'll send you something to eat. Stay around okay " 

" Yugyeom you don't need to ___" 

" I must make sure my brother is well fed " 

Before Mark could say anything Yugyeom dissapeared in the crowd. 

Bored, Mark walked around the swimming pool ,admiring the water that reflected lights. 

" Umm excuse me sir. This is for you "  The waiter handed him glass of juice and cake.

" Thank you " 

Mia watched as Mark drank the juice she had drugged with sleeping pills. A evil smile made it's way on her lips. The boy had insulted her now he will taste the pain of her revenge.

Mark suddenly felt very dizzy. His eyesight got blurry and body felt limp. He could see a blurry  figure beside him . Before his mind could register anything he was pushed into water.

He might be a great swimmer but an intoxicated Mark couldn't swim. He felt the water pulling him inside. He couldn't move his body. He was drowning. Water filled his lungs instead of oxygen. ' This is what death feels like huh ' Mark thought before his eyes shut down.

" Where is Mark bro ? "  Yugyeom panicked. His brother was nowhere in sight. He saw the waiter he had send food with and stopped him.

" Have you seen Mark any where ? The boy you gave food to ? " 

" He was on the pool with Mrs. Mia " 

" Okay thank you " 

Yugyeom called for Bambam and they both started searching for Mark. They saw Mia chatting with her friends happily.

" Tell me where is my Mark brother ? " 

Yugyeom grabbed the girl by wrist , demanding answers from her.

" How the hell would I know where he is ? " 

" Don't try to fool me Mia. Tell me where he is or else  " 

" Or else what ? " 

Yugyeom slapped her out of rage. Everyone gathered around the scene.

" Yugyeom why did you slap her ? " 

Jackson seethed at the younger. 

" She won't tell me where Mark brother is " 

" Mia tell me do you know where Mark is ? Tell us the truth "  Jackson asked her gently.

" H__he fell on the pool " 

" WHAT ? ! "  Yugyeom tried to attack her but Bambam stopped his fist midway.

" We have to save Mark bro first " 

Jackson without thinking anything dived into the water. He held his breath and dipped his head down searching for the older. Finally he saw the unconscious boy. He wrapped his arms around other's waist before resurfacing back.

Mark was barely breathing , his skin had turned blue and sollowen. Jackson checked his heartbeat. Very slow.

He gave Mark artificial respiration. 

" Open your eyes " 

" Open your eyes Mark ! " 

Jackson rubbed older's hand and applied pressure on his stomach. Mark coughed out water before falling back unconscious.

The younger carried limp Mark on his arms bridal style. " Move out of my way " he growled. He entered inside his house and to his bathroom. Placing Mark on the bathtub gently he undressed the other completely and checked the temperature of water before opening the tap.

After few minutes he closed the water tap , dried Mark and dressed the boy in warm clothes. He carried older to his bedroom and layed him down on the bed sheets. 

Jackson wrapped Mark in warm blankets. As he was about to leave the room he could hear soft whimper form behind. 

" Mommy it hurts " 

Tears were escaping out of Mark's eyes and he was shaking. Jackson's heart melted at the site. The overwhelming feeling to comfort the other won against his hate. He stripped out of his shirt and layed beside Mark. He pulled the older in his embrace , kissed his forehead and started rubbing soothing circles on his back until he could hear soft snores of other.

Jackson kept on looking at Mark who was now resting peacefully on his chest.

" Why is it so difficult to hate you Mark? " 

___________________________________________________

How's this chapter ???? Don't forget to leave comments okay.

KEEP ON LOVING GOT7 AND MARKSON !!!!!!!!!!!