18 ;

Betraying Hearts

Jackson scrunched up his face , hands massaging the side of his temples. The pain was almost unbearable . He groaned and tossed the covers aside, legs dangling from bed lazily. 

" Ugh ! My head is going to explode " 

Cursing under his breath , he stood up only to fall back in bed as sharp pain flared through his brain.

" , , " 

The CEO tossed and the bed sheet , eyes squeezed shut, painful groans escaping his lips time and again.

Mark was chatting with one of the cooks when he heard painful groans from Jackson's room. He excused himself from the conversation , rushed to kitchen, grabbed a glass of water and tablets of painkillers and hurried to his husband's room.

He handed the glass of water and medicine to Jackson quietly.

" Thank y____" 

Jackson frowned as his eyes met with older's . He placed the glass aside and tossed the medicine on carelessly on the table.

" Why are you here ? " 

" I thought you are in pain so ______" 

" Did I ask for your pity ?  Don't  even pretend to care ! You are the cause of my pain " 

He grabbed a fistful of his hair grunting " ! "

" Jacks____" 

" Get out of my sight " 

" But yo_____" 

" DON'T YOU ING HEAR ? GET OUT ! " 

Mark flinched as younger raised his voice. He dashed out of the room and to the roof top.

His lips trembed , orbs filled with tears and this time he didn't hold back. He let the salty droplets fall from his eyes and stain the fabric of his jeans. 

" I___it hurts Jackson , it hurts " 

The CEO hit his throbbing head on bed. He grabbed the painkillers and swallowed them with the help of water Mark had brought earlier. 

After he felt the pain subsidie away , he did his morning routine and came downstairs for much needed breakfast.  He settled down on the dining table and cheese bread and a glass of orange juice was placed in front of him.

Jackson looked for Mark but the said male was nowhere in sight. 

" Did Mark have his breakfast ? " he asked with the cook nearby.

" No sir. He left for work already " 

" That boy doesn't even take care of his body " 

Jackson mumbled stuffing the food inside his mouth. 

 

Jackson let his pride fall down for he shake of older's health. He felt guilty for snapping at Mark like that.

Of course everyone would be surprised to see their boss with tiffin box in his hand instead of usual documents or file. Some of the female staffs even started giggling and Jackson rolled his eyes at them.

" Oh my god Jackson " Jaebum laughed  " You look like kindergarden brat " 

" Not you too " 

Jackson breathed out " What's so funny about bringing lunch box anyway ? " 

" You are the CEO of this company and of course it's funny to see how wild and y Wang Jackson carried tiffin box with him instead of files like he usually does " 

" It's not for me okay . It's for Mark. I snapped at him this morning and he thought it was good idea to show his anger by skipping breakfast and meal too"

" Oh how the almighty has fallen for his dear husband " 

" Shut up " 

Jackson punched his best friend on the arm not so gently.

" The was that for ? ! " 

" No cursing inside the enterprise " 

" I don't care. " 

JB grabbed his documents and exited the room after exchanging ' I'll see you later ' with the CEO.

 

Mark's stomach made embarrassing sound again. Apparently it was not so good idea to pour his anger to food. He clunched his stomach tight, resting his head on the table.

Then a miracle happened. He could see Jackson inside the room , holding tiffin box on his hand. Mark was certain his empty belly made his mind make up imaginary things. He blinked several times , pinched himself but the younger was still there.

Jackson settled the box on the table besides pile of papers. 

" Hope you like fried chicken " 

" As long as you aren't the one who made it " 

The younger faked a hurt look at him.

" Don't worry. My cook made it " 

Mark smiled at the retreating back of younger though he was confused at Jackson's actions. 

" You treat me as if I am nothing to you then you care for me as if I am the most precious person to you. I will never understand you Jackson " 

For now he pushed aside all those thoughts and instead focused on the box that was taunting him to open it. He lifted the lid , his mouth watered as delicious smell invaded his nostrils. 

He scanned his surrounding making sure none was near and started digging on the food like a starved animal. He had to admit that the cook was really very skilled.

After he was finished with eating, he rubbed his belly in satisfaction. " I feel much better " 

Sometimes later Yugyeom entered inside cheerful and bouncy as always. He sniffed the room sensing some appealing smell. 

" Why does it smell like fried chicken " 

" I just had my lunch " 

" WHAT ? ! " Yugyeom's jaw dropped " You finished your lunch without sparing a piece of chicken for me ? How could you forget your own brother ? You know it's my favourite right ? " 

" I am sorry Yugi. I was too hungry to even think of anything. Next time I'll save some for you for sure " 

" Promise ? " 

" Promise " 

Hours of working later , Yugyeom gave him the finished document.

" Can you hand it to Jackson bro ? Till then I'll work on another document " 

" Of course " 

 

Mark was outside the slightly ajar door. He could hear low murmur and curiosity bugged him. So, he pushed open the door , after all he was Personal Assistant. He deserved to be by Jackson's side. 

Mark froze. The file in his hand fell down. Jackson was with Mia and they were kissing. Eyes b with tears he walked away from there.

Jackson pushed Mia away from him and wiped his lips with the back of his hand.

" What the hell Mia ! " 

" Ooops sorry. I lost my balance " 

She smirked and exited the office. Her work was done.

" Damn that girl. If she wasn't my friend I would have already fired her " 

Out of nowhere , a fuming Yugyeom came in view. He slammed his fists on the table so hard that some of the paper bounced up.

" What did you do to my Markie bro ? " 

" I don't know what you are saying Yug " 

" Don't play dumb. Mark was crying when he came back from your office . He won't even share what had happened "

That means Mark saw the kiss and misunderstood the situation.

" I need to find him " 

Luckily the older was still inside his cabin when Jackson made his presence there. The older avoided his eyes and just as he was about to exit , Jackson grabbed onto his wrist tightly.

" What you saw earlier was just a misunderstanding. "

" I don't need your explanation neither do I care. Go kiss whoever you like , do whatever you want . who am I to object ? " 

" You are my husband " 

" Fake husband " 

" So it doesn't bother you at all if I kiss someone in front of your eyes " 

" No it doesn't " 

" Then why are you crying?  " 

" Should I ask for your permission to cry or laugh from now on ? " 

Jackson was pissed off. He pinned the older male on the door and sealed Mark's lips with his own.

" Mmmmh " 

Mark tried to push Jackson off but the younger got even more aggressive and tightened his hold on his wrists kissing him like there's no tomorrow.

When Jackson pulled back Mark freed his wrist and slapped the younger across his cheek. The CEO chuckled darkly and held his husband's chin kissing him again.

Then he left like nothing happened.

Later that day when the working hours of employees had finished , Jackson asked Mia to stay a little longer.

The only people left in the enterprise were Mark, Bambam , Youngjae , Yugyeom ,JB , Jinyoung , Mia and himself.

The six male gathered together where Mia and the CEO were waiting.

" Hey guys. I have a great news to share with you " 

The group pinned him with questioning look except Mark who was avoiding eye contact at any cost.

" I am dating Mia " 

That took everyone by surprise even Mia herself. 

" But you are married  Jackson brother ! " 

" Have you lost your mind " 

"  What about Markie bro ? " 

" Mark doesn't care. Do you mind if I date Mia ? " 

Jackson directed his question to his husband who kept on glancing at floor silently.

" See he isn't even protesting " 

The CEO took hold of Mia's hands and she gave him ridiculously huge smile that made him cringe inside. 

" You are the perfect person in my eyes. Everytime I look into your eyes I find myself wanting to drown in them , everytime you smile my heart flutters inside my chest . I want to be the cause of that smile , only me.  Whenever you cry I want to wipe away all those tears , I want to protect you ,hold you close . Will you date me , Mia ? " 

" Yes ! " she hugged Jackson whose eyes never left Mark. He could clearly see the older's eyes filled with tears and he was frantically wiping them away. Mark's eyes were casted down , his lips were trembling and shoulders shaking. 

Yugyeom rubbed soothing circles on Mark's back and all the while throwing draggers with his eyes at CEO's direction. Even Jinyoung felt the urge to comfort Mark but held himself back.

" Bami  aren't_________"

" My name sounds filthy coming out of your mouth Jackson Wang. " 

Jackson looked at him with unbelieving eyes " I am your brother resp______"

" You aren't my brother. My brother never betrays others , he never finds pleasure in hurting others , he is kind and gentle unlike you. I don't know you " 

Bambam seethed at his face and dragged Mark and Yugyeom with him outside the enterprise. The trio was standing there when they heard someone shouting out their name.

" What do you want ? " 

" Let's go home " 

Jackson grabbed Mark's hand only to be yanked away by Yugyeom.

" He's not going anywhere with you " 

" It's okay Yugyeom. " 

The older's voice was low and shaky.

" But Mark brot______"

" I'll be okay. " 

"  Fine then. But call me if you need anything okay ?"

Nodding his head Mark followed Jackson to his car.

The ride back to mansion was very silent. The older boy rushed inside as soon as Jackson parked the car. 

He buried his face on the pillow and cried his eyes out.  The nature seemed to take hand in his emotions as it started raining outside. He left the room and to the rooftop. The droplets of rain fell down mixed with his tears. Mark fell down on his knees and sobbed.

Jackson couldn't find his husband anywhere. It had started raining outside. He searched every nook and corner of his house but in vain. Lastly he decided to check on the roof top.

Mark was on his knees , broken and forsaken under the harsh angry weather. The CEO rushed to his side immediately.

" Come inside " 

But Mark totally ignored his presence and his words. 

" Why are you so stubborn huh ?  " 

" And now you are ignoring me ? Fine be that way then " 

Jackson reached forward and carried Mark in his arms who didn't even fight or resist. The boy was emotionally wrecked. 

He urged Mark to change into clean clothes and tucked him to bed afterwards. 

Strangely enough the older boy felt comfort in arms of the one that was the reason behind his pain. The gentle fingers running on his hair and the warmth of bed lulled him to sleep.

Jackson ran his thumb across Mark's smooth cheeks and kept on staring at the peacefully sleeping boy. 

" You must think I am happy seeing you suffer but I'm not. All these hate I have for you melts away with your single smile. This heart " Jackson points towards his chest " betrays me. I am sorry Mark. " 

He leaves feather light kiss on the sleeping boy's lips. No matter how much he tried he could never hate Mark. Never.

_________________________________________________

My lovely readers , thank you for reading this chapter. Hope have a very good day.

Don't forget to leave comments and point out my mistakes so I could correct them in further chapters.

MARKSON FIGHTING !!!!!!

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF IN THE JUNGLE MARKIE. I MISS YOU. I LOVE YOU !!!!!