16 ;

Betraying Hearts

" ARE YOU  IN YOUR RIGHT MIND ??? " 

Jinyoung pinched the bridge of his nose trying to control the sudden urge to hit Jackson.

" You must be kidding me. Tell me you are just joking " 

" I am hundred percent serious " Jackson folded his arms and gave sharp look to his friend " I thought you said you will support me in any decisions I take. "

" Yes I said it and I do support you but you getting married with Mark ____" 

" That's a no no " 

" What's so wrong with it ? " 

" What's wrong ?? Everything is wrong! For s sake Jackson that boy abandoned you for money"

" It's not like I'm marrying him out of love. I want my revenge and I'll continue to hurt him until my heart is satisfied. " 

Jinyoung shook his head in disapproval.

" What if instead of him you get hurt ? I know you still love him." 

Jackson opened his mouth to protest but Jinyoung cut him off " Don't even try to deny it. Even a blind could see how worried you looked for Mark during that party . " 

" I thought he was gonna die. He seemed to be in too much pain"

" Exactly. He was in pain and it hurt you " 

" Jinyoung I don't want to hear anything. Are you helping me with this weeding or not ? " 

Jackson was stubborn. If he wanted this than so be it. 

" Fine. I'll help you " 

 

Mark and Yugyeom were working on new project when the younger received message from Bambam. 

" Jackson brother wants everyone to gather on the hall. Let's go Markie " 

Yugyeoum dragged him out of his seat.

Mark could vaguely remember what had happened last night with Jackson. The CEO had been trying to avoid him since then. Even when he dropped Mark at office this morning he was unusually silent.

" Good morning to all of you. You might be wondering why I asked you all to gather here . " 

Jackson earned nods from the employees. " I have an announcement to make. " 

Everyone waited for their boss to continue on , some with fear of loosing job others with curiosity.

" I am getting married "

He announced eyes never leaving Mark. The staffs gasped in surprise. Jackson Wang getting married? Murmurs and gossip started among the employees. 

" I know you all are surprised . But I have my personal reasons that I sadly can't share with you all " 

" Congratulations sir " 

The mass snapped out of their surprised state and started wishing him. As long as they get paid it didn't matter if the CEO is married or not well expect for the girls who's hopes and heart shattered together.

" Do you mind telling us the name of the lucky girl?" 

" Actually it's not girl . " 

The surprised gasp filled the hall once again " And he's present here among us " 

" Who do you think Jackson brother is getting married to ? " 

Yugyeom nudged Bambam.

" How would I know ? " 

While the two youngers were gossiping Mark gulped in fear. He looked pale , about to faint anytime soon.

Jackson made his way towards the forzen older and took him by his hand in front of everyone. He kneeled down right beside Mark on one knee and took out the ring from his pocket.

" Will you marry me Mark ? " 

Though Mark knew the younger was just putting an act in front of others he couldn't help but blush. He avoided looking at the other instead focused on his feet. 

" Remember you have signed the contract "  Jackson whispered so only two of them could hear.

Swallowing the lump forming on his throat Mark stammered. " Y__yes " 

Everyone started clapping and cheering after a brief silence. Yugyeom and Bambam being the loudest two. 

Jackson slipped the ring on Mark's ring finger and stood up grinning.

" Kiss kiss kiss " 

The younger gently lifted Mark's face and pecked him on lips earning roar of cheers and whistles on background.

" Our wedding will be held in three days. All of you are invited " 

" Now get back to work " 

"Ughhh . Typical boss " 

The staffs grunted in protest but nonetheless did as said. Yugyeom and Bambam giggled teasingly and left the two of them alone.

" Do you really had to do all this ? " Mark grumbled.

" Yes. " 

" And why did you arrange the wedding in three days ? Isn't that too early ? "

" Because I wanted to." 

" You really find pleasure in torturing me huh ? " 

" More than you think " 

Jackson brushed pass Mark and walked off to his cabinet.

 Mark groaned in distress. What shall he do now ? The younger wasn't going to cancel or change his plans, he was sure of that.  What would he explain to Sunny? What about his dad ? What would they say ? 

He paced back and forth , back and forth .He let out small cry of frustration. Mark felt the sudden urge to talk with younger about it , maybe he can convince him , just maybe.

While he was on his way to meet CEO every one stared at him like the very first day. Some were smiling and some were throwing draggers of jealousy through their vision. He felt little uncomfortable and increased his pace.

" Mr Wang I want to tal______" 

His voice died down as he saw that Jackson wasn't the one inside the office but Jinyoung .

The two boys looked at each other . The room suddenly filled with thick silence. Mark diverted his gaze on floor and cleared his throat.

" Where's Mr. Wang ? " 

" He's with JB working on new project." 

" Oh " 

Mark turned to leave but Jinyoung's voice stopped him in tracks.

" Wait. I need to talk with you " 

Jinyoung gestured him to sit on the chair and the older did as told.

" About the marriage. Did Jackson force it upon you ? " 

" N___no. Why are you asking me this ? " 

" You know it very well that Jackson hates you and yet you still agreed to marry him . Why ? " 

Mark was silent and Jinyoung sighted.

" Just don't hurt him again like you did five years ago. Mark " 

" Jinyoung " he breathed out.

" It's sir for you " 

Mark felt a pang in his heart. This boy standing in front of him used to be his best friend once. The one he used to share problems with , the one who cared him like a mother would . He felt orphaned for the first time. Eyes glazed with tears Mark ran outside the cabin to his own office. 

After he calmed down , he headed straight to  Yugyeom's office to complete the half done task. 

" Mark bro, congratulations " The young boy gave him eye's blinding smile which he returned with small smile of his own.

" Finally I can see my two brothers together. Why did you hide it from us ? " 

Mark's brow knitted together in confusion. 

" Hide what ? " 

" That you and Jackson are in love with each other" 

" Let's finish this project Yug " 

The younger understood Mark didn't want to talk on the topic. Though he wanted to know everything he kept his mouth shut and swallowed back the questions. 

They started working in the comfortable silence until clicking of heels was heard. The younger of the two smirked as Mia came in view.

" Where's my Jacky , Yugyeom ? " 

"  What did you say ? Yours Jacky ? " 

He laughed at her face.

" Yes my Jackson. Why are you laughing ? " 

" For your information Jackson bro just announced that he is getting married. And it's definitely not you".

" What do you mean ? " 

" That is why you must arrive in time Mia. Oh yeah you even missed the kissing scene " 

Mark blushed at that. 

" Who's he getting married to ? "

" Markie brother " 

" No way " Mia laughed " You mean Jacky is going to marry him ? " She pointed at Mark who was pretty much ignoring them.

" Yes. If you don't believe me go ask your friends " 

" Fine " 

She stromed off straight to her friends and Yugyeom chuckled. " I want to photograph her reaction "

After hours of working it was time to return home and Mark started collecting his things. He was inside his office. He suddenly heard the sound of lock beside him and turned around to find the door locked from outside.

" Hey open the door. " 

" Whoever you are open the door please. I need to go home " 

" Yugyeom ! Bambam ! " 

No response 

By now Mark was pounding on the door with his fists.  " Anybody there. Hey " 

He tried to break the door using the power of his lean body but failed. Someone was playing game with him and he would not hesitate to kick the person once he was out of there.

Time was ticking and the sun had set down the horizon. Every single staff would have returned home by now . Glancing at the time Mark realized it was time to lock the office. He started shouting for help . Maybe the staff who was assigned to lock the enterprise could hear him. But the spark of hope died down as he didn't get any response back.

The evening turned into night ,darkness engulfed the earth and voices died down. Mark could barely make out things in his office through his vision , squinting his eyes beyond limit to adjust with the dim light seeping inside from window .He reached for the light switch. Power off.

" Great just great " Mark grumbled . He didn't even have mobile phone with him. He sat on the desk completely helpless and miserable.

The surrounding was soon painted with black and he could no longer see any objects. Nervousness started seeping inside his heart. Even the slightest rustle of paper made him jump in fear. Howling of dogs was the only sound he could hear outside. Mark tried to close his eyes clutching tight on the cross pendent dangling down his neck. He could feel his heart hammer inside his chest almost violently. Sweat beads formed on his forehead and his whole body felt paralyzed with fear. All he wanted to do was hide inside layers of blanket and wait until the feeling passed away. 

The squeezed his eyes shut , chanting prayers inside his head like a broken recorder. Mark missed Jackson more than ever. Tears escaped his eyes and he whimpered.

" Jackson " 

 

For some reason Jackson couldn't sleep. Though his physical body was tired the gut feeling that something wasn't right didn't let his eyes close shut. He tossed and turned around on the mattress trying to find comfort so he could get some rest but nothing seemed to work. Groaning he switched the light on and sat on his bed , staring at nothing in particular.

The tick tock of clock filled the otherwise silent room. Jackson tugged at his hair frustrated. He didn't even know the reason what was bothering him. 

His mind wandered to thoughts of older boy. What might Mark be doing ?  Of course he must be in his dreamland . Jackson answered his own question , an image of peacefully sleeping Mark flashed through his eyes and unconsciously a smile formed on his face. 

His heart felt little at ease. Ironically the one who shattered his heart was the only one who could comfort it.  Jackson grabbed his phone that he had placed on nearby table. He clicked on gallery logo and opened the photo he hadn't been able to delete all these years. Photo of Mark and Yii.

The angelic face of two made his smile wider. Sure the old memories reopened his already healed wound but his heart was resistance to pain by now. 

" If only I could rewind the time then maybe I could find the happiness I have been searching for so long " 

Locking the phone he threw his body back on bed. 

 

Jackson groaned as the alarm he had set last night blasted throughout the room. He buried his face with pillow but the monster by name of alarm clock didn't seem to shut down anytime soon.

" Ugh shut up ! " 

The sound increased even more.

Jackson admitted his defeat . Eyes half closed he turned off the alarm and dragged his body to bathroom. 

After strong dose of black coffee he was finally able to function properly. He got ready for office and called the driver. 

He entered building through glass door and everyone greeted him on the way. His eyes landed on Mark's cabinet that was locked from outside.

" Why is it still locked ? " 

He unlocked the door and pushed it open. Eyes wide , he gasped in surprise and horror. 

" Mark " 

___________________________________________________

Hello my dear readers . How are you all ???  Hope you are taking good care of your health ^_^ 

My Twitter isn't functioning and I miss Markson so much : ( but your comments and stories always lifts my mood up ^_^ 

Thank you all for being such amazing friends. I love you all so so so much

I don't know how this chapter turned out . Hope it was at least readable .

KEEP LOVING MARKSON . I MISS THEM T_T