8 ;

Betraying Hearts

The curtains swayed gently with the morning breeze and the first ray of sunlight seeped inside through open window, illuminating Mark's face. Squinting his eyes against the ray of sunlight, Mark threw the covers off of his body. A low groan escaped his chapped lips as he rested his head on bed post.Finally his eyes fluttered open and he scanned the room he was sleeping in. 

" How did I get here ? " Mark questioned himself. Last thing he remembered was that he was outside, soaked wet with heavy rain. He glanced down at his body.

" These aren't my clothes! Whose clothes am I wearing ??" Mark scratched his head sniffing the fabric of rhe shirt hanging on his body. " It smells good " 

" Mark, are you awake ? " A faint voice could be heard outside the door followed by soft knocking.

" I am. " The door was pushed open and in came Bambam.

" How are you feeling now ? " 

" Better. By the way what happened yesterday ? "

" You had fainted. Don't you remember anything ? " 

" Uh___well all I can remember is I was soaking in the rain and yes, someone was calling my name. That's it. " 

" Oh that was Jackson. He brought you inside, he even took care of you. " 

" Really ? " 

" Ya. 

" Where's he ?? " 

" Who ,Jackson ? He's gone to work. " 

" This early??" 

" Yes. He has other jobs to finish too. " 

" Just how many jobs does he have ? " Mark asked with mild curiosity.

" Three. One at cafe, one at orphanage and one at library. " After a slight pause Bambam asked, " Umm Mark, do you want to go to orphanage with me ? " 

" Why ? " 

" I want to go and see Jackson. He has not even had his breakfast. " 

" O__okay. Just give me few minutes to get ready. " 

Bambam smiled and left the room, closing the door in the process. He waited for Mark to get ready, engaging himself in watching random shows on television. After a while Mark exited the room looking fresh and decent.

" Bam, I am ready " 

Bambam flicked the TV off and placed the remote by the device. He checked Mark up and down.

" You look fine in Jackson's clothes. " 

The tip of Mark ears turned red " Uh ___ thank you? " 

A loud laugh escaped Bambam's lips. " Why are you laughing ? " 

" It's nothing. Let's go. " 

Mark wasn't convinced by his answer but decided to just let it go. He followed the excited boy out of the house. Bambam locked the front door and dropped the keys inside his pocket.

" How far is the orphanage ? " 

" Not too far. But we aren't walking there. We'll take bus. " 

" Bus ? " 

" Well I don't have licence of bike and we aren't rich enough to afford car , so the options left are bus or walk. " 

" I don't want to walk. " 

They walked to the station and get on the bus after waiting for ten minutes. The bus was packed with people and only one free sit was available. Being older one Mark volunteered to stand up giving the seat for younger. 

The engine roared to life and without any warning the bus started moving with full speed. The passengers body jerked forward, Mark nearly face planted the bus floor. " The heck driver ! " Mark screamed among the noise made by others. He glanced up at the rearview mirror and saw the driver's menacing glare . Mark turned his back quickly,  shifting his attention to sleeping Bambam.

He was busy looking outside the bus window when a hand brushed against his thigh. Mark ignored it thinking it was on accident. Few seconds later the same hand pinched his thigh and Mark snapped his head towards the direction of whoever dared to touch him.

Standing beside him was a man probably in his thirties, with a flirty smile plastered on his face. He rubbed his hand against Mark's thighs again eyes meeting with Mark's silted one.

" How dare you ! " Mark threw the hand away, his eyes boring holes on the man's forehead.

" Clam down pretty boy, save your screaming for tonight " 

A solid kick landed on the old man's face and he fell down gasping for breath. Everyone stopped what they were doing, all the eyes landed on Mark. 

" Go yourself you piece of ! Mess with me next time and you won't be able to see another day. " 

His nostrils flared, stem was practically raising from his ears. A gentle hand rested on his shoulder.

" What happened Mark ? " 

" This old man tried to harass me so he got my solid kick. " 

" Are you alright. " 

" I am. No worries. " 

Mark smiled after calming down a bit. The old man avoided eye contact with him keeping a safe distance during the whole ride and Mark smirked proud of himself.

The bus stopped in front of a old, whitewashed building. " Mark we are here " 

Bambam dragged him dodging the people and they got off the bus. Mark glanced up at the signboard placed on the roof of the building. " Gaga Orphanage ? What a weird name. " 

" It's actually Jackson's name. The orphanage is named after him as he was the one who helped in establishing it. " 

" Jackson's name is Gaga ? It sounds like dog's name. Gaga , Gaga " Mark laughed a high pitched laughter while Bambam was already heading inside.

" Wait for me " Mark ran after the younger boy.

The lady on the receptionist desk smiled at them. " Oh Bambam how have you been? And who's this young man with you ? " she gestured towards Mark.

" I have been good sister Rose. This is Mark, Jackson's friend " 

" I am not his ........." 

Before he could complete his sentence, Mark was cut off by Bambam.

" Can we meet him ? " 

" Of course you can. He's with kids. " 

Bambam nodded his head and with Mark trailing by his side walked across the room, turned left and pushed open a large wooden door.

Small kids were playing inside , toys scattered here and there. Jackson was in the middle of the room feeding a baby girl , her doe eyes twinkled with excitement and a beautiful small appeared on her face  as the grown up man made aeroplane gesture with the spoon. 

" Jackson ! " Bambam called his brother and Jackson turned his head towards the open door.

He placed the little girl down and whispered something to her. She giggled nodding her head up and down and he walked towards the two boys.

" Bambam, what are you doing here? " 

"  Well my big brother was so busy that he didn't even have time to eat his breakfast , so I thought I'll make some for him. " 

Bambam handed him a box that Mark hadn't noticed till now. Jackson smiled and ruffled Bambam's hair. However his smile died down as Mark's face came into view.

" What are you doing here ! ? " 

"  I brought him here. " Bambam answered.

Jackson sighted he pointed to the sofa on the corner of the room. " Sit down here. " 

Mark and Bambam sat down watching the children play. Bambam's phone buzzed and he fished it out of his pocket receiving the call. The voice from the other end sounded strangely familiar to Mark. The younger moved slightly away from him. Bambam was engaged in phone for few minutes. The call ended and the boy stood up from his seat.

" Brother. My friend needs me for project. I am going back  home. Take care of Mark okay." 

Jackson gave thumbs up half listening to his brothers' words. 

"  Can't I go back with you ? "  Mark asked.

" No ! " Bambam said almost immediately " I mean you will get bored staying in the house alone and Jackson also needs some company here so you can't go home with me. Don't worry Jackson will keep you safe." " Bye " 

Bambam ran out of the room to meet Yugyeom.

Mark awkwardly sat there in silence. Suddenly a little boy tugged on his pants and he glanced down.

" Mommy " the little child mumbled throwing his arms out for Mark to carry him.

" Mommy ! " 

" I am not your mommy. I don't look like a girl. " Mark touched his face and hair.

" Mommy! " the child was now whining. 

" Damn it brat I am not your mommy! " Mark shouted startling the child. The little boy started crying. Mark instantly felt guilty.

" Shh..... it's okay. Don't cry. I am sorry " Mark rubbed his hand on the child's back soothingly.

" Ca...car..ry " the kid hiccupped . Letting out a tired breath Mark lifted the boy in his arms. The kid yawned and hid his face on Mark's shoulder. He mumbled incoherent words and finally fell asleep.

Mark checked if the child had fallen asleep then he cautiously placed the boy's head on his chest and layed down on the sofa comfortably. He glanced at Jackson , who was still feeding the kids. Wrapping his hands  around the child gently , he closed his eyes too.

Jackson was finished with feeding the children except for one kid. He looked around for the little adorable boy.

" Yii " 

His eyes landed on two figures sleeping peacefully on the sofa. They looked alike with slightly parted lips, closed eyes and messy hair. The only difference was that one was grown up and other was child.

Jackson internally screamed at their cuteness. He captured several photos of them before waking them up.

" Mark. Wake up " Mark groaned swatting his hand away. " Yii, baby wake up " the little child did the same. 

" They are so similar " Jackson smiled.

" Yii, if you don't wake up Jacksonie will eat your food. " 

The kid let out a tired groan , lifted his head up from Mark's chest, rubbed his eyes with his little fingers looked at Jackson and back at Mark.

He poked Mark's cheeks. " Mommy wakie wakie up " 

" Mommy ? " Jackson laughed so loud that it woke Mark up.

" Shut up " Mark grumbled.

" Mommy " Yii giggled happily.

" Ha ha ha ha " Jackson rolled on the floor laughing , tears prickled the corner of his eyes.

" YAH ! stop laughing. " 

" He called you mommy hahaha ha. " 

" Shut up. At least my name is not like dog's name .Gaga. "

Jackson stopped laughing and looked at Mark. " How do you know? " 

It was Mark's turn to laugh now. 

Fight broke out.

" You filthy pig " 

" You hippopotamus " 

" Lady Gaga " 

" Tuna cat " 

" Shut up " 

" You too " 

Jackson glared at Mark.

" What ? I will donate your eyes in laboratory if you keep on looking me like that. " 

" I'll pick you up and throw you out of that window. " 

Jackson pointed at the window opposite of Mark.

" Don't underestimate me. I just kicked the out of a man today and if you continue getting on my nerves you'll be my next victim " 

" Ha ! like I would believe you . " 

"  It's my pleasure to show you then. " 

Mark yanked Jackson's hair and punched his shoulder repeatedly letting out self created animated sound from his mouth. Jackson pushed Mark with full power and Mark pulled Jackson with his full power. As a reasult Jackson fell on top of Mark. Their lips brushed accidentally.

" What the hell ! " Mark wiped his lips with the back of his hand  " Get off me you fatass ! " 

" Why ? It's so comfortable here. " Jackson applied full pressure on Mark's knees.

" Ouch ! I said get off me " 

" First admit that you lost and I won. " 

" In your dreams " 

" Then I am comfortable here . " Jackson pressed his body against Mark's and Mark groaned in pain.

" Admit it already Tuan. You are losing anyway " 

" Shut up and no I am not loser. Mark Tuan is never defeated by someone like you Wang. " 

Mark pushed Jackson but the said boy was too heavy. " Just how much do you eat huh ? Fatty. " 

" Unlike your stick body Tuan, my body is composed of pure muscles. " 

" JUST GET OFF ME ALREADY!!! " 

" No "  Jackson brought his face closer to Mark and Mark turned away blushing red.

" Are you going to kiss mommy ? "  Yii's voice made both the quarreling boys snap their  head towards his direction. They had a lot of little audiences gawking at them. 

 Jackson got off Mark quickly. Mark hid his blushing face behind his hands.

"  I uh ... " Jackson couldn't  answer the child. Little children are way too curious it's difficult to satisfy them with your answer. 

" This isn't over "  Jackson mouthed to Mark. 

" I'll get you back " Mark mouthed back.

They turned away ,cursing each other inside their head.

_____________________************__________________

Hello everyone , how have you been ?????

Stay healthy and happy. Don't forget to leave comments on this chapter : )

KEEP LOVING MARKSON!!!!!!!!