2:

Betraying Hearts

Panting for breath Mark halted his steps. He was angry with the teacher for bringing him here, with the students for being too noisy,with Jackson for existing on this planet and with himself for no particular reason. He glanced at his watch, it was already noon means time to return back. The students might have started reuniting  already and Mark wanted to arrive at the bus fast so he could have a seat to himself. Turning his back he started walking back to where his classmates were. After what felt like walking for hours ( though he walked just for few minutes ) Mark was exhausted. He wasn't used to walking this much. He always travelled by his car with his driver. After death of his mother in an accident Mark doesn't want to recall it , his father had spoiled him with money. Mark didn't have to do any work, there were servents specially assigned to do his works. Mark could come home anytime and order the servants for food or other things. Though it would be midnight they still obeyed their young master without a word of protest from fear that they will be thrown from the house without a second thought. His room was huge  and well furnished with attached bathroom of his own.  A  king sized bed was   placed on the left corner , a huge wardrobe filled with his supplies stood by the door, a television set adjusted on wall , aquarium with multicolored fishes was beside coffee table that was on the middle of the room and a bookshelf beside the bed. Every morning  breakfast was brought in his bed, his clothes were selected by fashion designer whom his father had hired from renowned model company, he could ask for anything and he would get it immediately. Though he was showered with money he never got to experience love. His father was always busy in his projects and works that he didn't even have time to glance at his son, he had friends and admirers but they were only because of his wealth. He grew to hate middle class because he envied that they could receive the love from their parents while he couldn't. Also his father taught him never to trust poor and lower class as those people were like leech for money. He always kept the poor under his feet and Mark adopted that behavior from his father. 

Mark scanned his surrounding, it seemed strangely familar. His eyes landed on a particular tree with unique curled leaves and it clicked on his mind that he had returned to same place he wanted to leave earlier. Cursing , he started looking for the small sign boards engraved with directions. There were none. Mark felt panic started to raise. Frantically he tried to exit the area only to find himself in the same place again. His eyes burned with tears and heart started thumping with fear. Mark was lost. Fishing out his mobile from  front pocket of jeans  he tried to call his dad but the network betrayed him. He screamed for help but the only voice that greeted him back was his own reverberation. His mind started creating different scenarios. He pictured himself being eaten by wild animal and noone there to save him. That thought alone was enough to make him cry. He sat on the ground , for once he didn't mind the rough surface and dirt and started screaming for help in hope some will hear him.

Jackson had been walking for hours now. The chirping of the birds and gentle rustling of the leaves gave him energy to travel further. His mind was at peace and he forgot all his problems for once just enjoying the scenery displayed by nature in front of him. Only when he felt pain , like tiny needles piercing on his legs that he realized he was exhausted. He sat on the flat rock by the side of a huge tree and closed his eyes. A tingling sensation passed through his body relaxing all his muscles. Humming his favourite song he decided to take rest for a while. The peaceful environment , sunlight warming up his skin, sweet songs of birds and his tension free mind lulled him to sleep. He was soon drifting on his dreamland. 

Jackson was jerked out of his sleepy state when  sudden realization occurred to him that he must return back. He checked the time on his cellphone that displayed no network symbol. He was late already. Patting dust out of his pant he hurried his way back. Halfway through the worn out path the sight of bushes greeted him. He glanced  his left, right and forward. Spiky bushes were waiting to trap victims baring their thrones. Jackson told his mind and heart to calm down. However as the time ticked by his calmness and patience all vanished in thin air. He screamed on the top of his lungs  for help but he knew it was hopeless. The forest was huge and it would be a miracle if living being other than animals heard him. 

A spark of hope grew in his heart when he heard voice of another person nearby. He couldn't quite catch the words but he was certain that it was human voice. Jackson started following the direction of noise.

Mark kept on screaming and shouting for help until his throat hurt. Suddenly he heard rustling sound on nearby bush. He adverted his eyes glaring the bush with keen eyes, ears attentive to catch any sound being produced. His hair stood up in fear heart thumping , he took his position of self defence against whatever was behind that bush ready to pounce on him. Everything was silent as the minutes hand moved slowly and suddenly the rustle increased and someone came in sight. Unable to control his fear Mark closed his eyes and screamed like a teenage girl in horror movie.He waited for the supposed to be animal to attack him , minutes passed still nothing happened. His eyes slowly opened, expression changing into fear then confusion then anger , upon seeing who was standing in front of him.

" YOU ?? What are you doing here ? " 

" Geez , lower your voice first. Your scream nearly damaged my eardrums " Jackson removed his hands from his ears.

" What are you doing here ?" Mark repeated his question ready to kick the out of Jackson if he didn't get his answer this time.

" I am here for study visit duh " 

" I know that " Mark rolled his eyes.

" Then why are you asking ?" 

Irritation started making it's way to Mark. His left eye twitched, tongue poked his left cheek. If he wasn't so desperate for help he would have already killed Jackson and buried his dead body. 

" Help me get out of here " Mark mumbled.

" What did you say ? " Jackson raised a brow at him.

" I said help me get out of this forest. I am lost " Mark said through gritted teeth.

" Where's the magic word Mark ?" Jackson taunted him.

Mark's blood reached it's boiling point. ' You can't get angry Mark ' he remainded himself again and again . Inhaling and exhaling cold air for few times he cooled down a bit.

" P__please " 

Mark felt his pride being crumbled down to pieces.

" Actually I don't know the way out either. I am lost too. " Jackson admitted.

If Mark had been angry earlier he was now going to explode. His bangs covered his dark silted eyes , face fuming with anger . If looks could kill Jackson would be dead by now. Mark looked like Stan who had been starving for days. Jackson was also afraid for a fraction of second.

" How dare you middle class make fun of me " his voice was low pitched and deadly. Mark was trembling with anger.

" I just wanted to test how much time it takes to piss you off " Jackson replied with a smug girn plastered on his face.

" Don't forget that we are alone in this jungle. I could kill you and let your body rot "  Mark threatened.

" I could do the same to you Tuan boy " 

" Shut up " 

" You shut up " 

Both glared at each other. The sun was setting down the horizon , marking the end of day and beginning of night. The forest was giving both of them scary vibes. They wanted other to stay near but couldn't say so because their ego stood on the way. Both were afraid of dark. They knew very well that it was impossible to get out of the forest that day.

Jackson started collecting dead leaves making a pile of them while Mark stood wondering what the other was doing. Curiosity was bugging him inside. Finally he couldn't take it anymore.

" What are you doing ?" 

" Don't you watch Man vs Wild ?? I am making a place to sleep " Jackson replied still dumping dead leaves on the pile.

" Eww. I won't sleep on that " Mark scrunched up his nose.

" Who said you are sleeping on it ?? I am making it for me not for you." 

" Even if you had offered I would have never slept there. I can make my own " Mark scoffed going over to collect the dead leaves.

Mark had just collected handful of leaves when his eyes noticed something moving. On further inspection he saw the insect he feared the most , Spider. Without second thought he threw the leaves out of his hand along with the spider. His hand tingling in non pleasant way .

Jackson laughed his off looking at frozen boy in front of him. Mark turned to his direction and gave him a look that screamed ' Shut your mouth or else I won't hesitate to break your teeth ' . This time his look seemed to work.

Jackson beamed at his work proud of himself. His next step was to produce fire. They had no matches or lighter so Jackson followed the technique he had learned from survivor shows. With a bark , pointed stick and thread he extracted from his jeans , he started working.

Mark on the other hand was trying to copy Jackson. He had heard from somewhere that two stones can ignite fire and this was time to prove it right. Picking up random stones he started striking them together.

Though it was though job Jackson had managed to produce fire after hours and hours of rubbing the stick with bark. Mark had already given up in making his bed or producing fire. He miserably watched as Jackson rested on the pile of leaves enjoying the warmth of fire.

As night fell the temperature drastically changed. The day was warm and Mark had thought it would be the same at night. But he was proved very wrong when the cold seeped through his thin fabric of shirt and made him shiver. His stomach was grumbling with hunger. He felt like crying. Mark wanted to go back home. He didn't want to stay here specially with Jackson. Mark missed his warm bed ,  warm food , hell he even missed his servants. He glanced at Jackson wondering if the boy also missed his home.

Black painted the surrounding and Mark forced his eyes close. The hard ground beneath him, his grumbling stomach and cold were making it really hard for him to go in his dreamland. Mark rolled on the other side and he was irritated by the sight of Jackson's peaceful sleeping face illuminated by the fire. How could the other sleep while he was suffering. Squeezing his eyes shut Mark imagined himself sleeping in his warm cozy bed.

" Stop chattering your teeth. I can't sleep " Jackson grumbled voice laced with sleep.

The chattering didn't stop.

" Ugh " Jackson stood up ready to kick Mark's but stopped seeing the boy trembling in cold. He was curled up looking like ball , his thin frame was shaking with cold , eyes were shut tightly and teeth chattering. Jackson couldn't bring himself to be cruel at the boy. ping his jacket , Jackson placed it on Mark gently. He carried the boy in his arms and laid him down on the pile of leaves. Jackson laid beside Mark. Mark scooted closer in his sleep and buried his face on Jackson's chest. His shivering stopped instead being replaced by slow raise and fall of chest.

" Mommy " he mumbled sighing contentedly and cuddling to Jackson. 

Jackson couldn't help the warm smile that appeared on his lips unconsciously. Wrapping his arms around Mark he drifted back to sleep.

________________________************_____________________________

Hello my dear readers , how are you ?? Hope you always stay healthy and happy ^_^ 

How was the chapter?? Sorry from grammatical mistakes and repetition of same words. Sorry : ( 

MARKSON LIVE ON FOREVER !!!!!!!!