17 ;

Betraying Hearts

Mark was on the floor , eyelids half closed. His hair was disheveled , tear stains were visible on his cheeks. A low whimper escaped his trembling lips occasionally as he kept clutching the pendent like his life depended on it.

Jackson cautiously kneeled besides older who curled into ball upon hearing the clicking of shoes. He reached his hands to touch Mark but stopped midway.

" Why are you on the floor ? What happened ? " 

The CEO's soft , gentle voice made Mark lift his head up. His tears glazed doe eyes recognizing the face immediately.

" Jac___Jackson " 

Mark never felt so relieved to see the younger. He launched his body into other's arms , buried his face on crook of neck and sniffled, clutching the fabric tightly.

Jackson seemed to be taken back by his actions. The boy in his arms looked fragile like small baby seeking protection. Snapping out of his daze , he started rubbing soothing circles on older's back at the same time whispering calming words.

" Shh it's okay. I am here now. Relax " 

After few minutes of Jackson's efforts Mark loosened his grip on the shirt.

" Hand me a glass of water " He asked one of the staffs who had been standing there the whole time.

" Drink this " he gently pressed the edge of glass on Mark's lips and urged him to drink. The older boy gulped the liquid within seconds.

" What had happened here ? " 

" So__someone locked me inside " 

Mark's breath was still shaky but lot calmer than before. 

" You were here whole night ? " 

" Y__yes " 

Jackson's eyes turned darker and making Mark sit on comfortable chair he eyed the other's outfit. 

" Go and get fresh. Can't have my personal assistant running around the office like a hungry zombie " 

Mark gave him look of disbelief. How can a person be so caring one second and be plain rude another second.

" Don't give me that look. I don't have time to deal with this. Get fresh and come to my office in thirty minutes " 

 The CEO left the room not even bothering to glance back.

 

Mark let out heavy breath and dragged his body to the washroom. He glanced his face in the mirror and yes the younger was right. He did look like zombie. He splashed his face with water several time, brushed his hair with fingers and smothered wrinkles forming on his shirt. Afterwards he went straight to his boss office.

" Yes the arrangement must be finished by today. It's not my problem you don't have enough time. Remember the decorations must be of my standards or else kiss your job goodbye " 

Click.

" Have you started stalking others now ? " 

" What do you mean ? You asked me to be here in time " 

" Nevermind  Follow me " 

Jackson led Mark outside the enterprise.

" Where are you taking me ? " 

" Shopping " 

" What ? ! In working hours ? " 

Jackson said nothing and Mark huffed in annoyance. After what felt like hours of being trapped inside the car, the young CEO finally parked the vehicle outside the shopping mall.

They entered inside and people started greeting Jackson recognizing who he was.

" Can I help you sir ? " 

One of the staffs asked him a polite smile forming on his lips.

" Yes. Can you show wedding suits to my fiancé ? " 

" Of course sir. Come this way " 

Mark glared at the younger who mock smiled at his blushing face. He was led to room full of designer suits.

" These are the best suits you'll find around here. Take your time and choose whichever you like " 

Mark nodded his head awkwardly and the staff left. He stood there puzzled looking around the room.

A presence in the room made him jump in surprise. 

" Try this one " 

Jackson picked black suit from the hanger and handed it to Mark. The older eyed the price tag.

" Isn't it too expensive ? " 

" You aren't paying for it , I am " 

" It's still expensive " 

" Go and change " 

They ended up buying five suits and Mark complained how irrational it was to waste money in useless things , whole ride back. 

" Shut up " 

Jackson had enough of the older nagging him. He stopped the car , stepped out , opened the Mark's side of door and dragged the boy out. He reentered the car.

" Hey you can't leave me here ! " 

" Catch a local bus and go home " 

" But ___" 

The younger was already out of sight.

 

The bus ride to hospital was exhausting. Being the kind person he was, Mark offered his seat to an old lady. In additional to it the road was extremely bumpy. 

As soon as he entered the building he headed room 206. Pushing open the door , he silently sat by the edge of hospital bed. 

A nurse entered inside to check the temperature and other things.

" How's he now ? " Mark asked 

" The operation has done a lot better to his body. Just make sure he takes enough rest " 

She scribbled something on the paper and left the room.

" Dad " Mark took the wrinkled, cold hand in his.

Mr Tuan stirred in his sleep. Grunting he opened his eyes. The strong light blinded his vision. Squinting his eyes he could make out blurry image of his son.

" Mark " he smiled a bit too excitedly , voice raspy and weak.

Mark couldn't hold back his tears anymore. They brust out like water from broken dam.

" Your dad is still alive and handsome " 

He tried to smile but more tears fell.

" Son, why are you sad. Look , I am alright now " 

Mr. Tuan tried to lift his body up but Mark stopped him from doing so.

" Rest " 

He wiped his tears with the sleeve of his shirt. Guilt and fear ate his heart inside out. He couldn't even tell his father he was getting married.

" You must be hungry. I'll bring something form the canteen okay ? " 

" Hospital food " 

" Dad " 

 

While Mark was on his way back with a bowl of soup and water bottle occupying his hands he saw someone familiar existing the room.

He hurried back and placed the soup on table , water bottle by it's side. His dad as eyeing his actions with very serious face.

" Something's wrong dad ? " 

" Are you hiding things from me ? " 

" N__no " What's up with the sudden question he thought.

" Where did you get money for my operation?"

" A friend of mine lend me " 

" And who bought that house we are staying in ? " 

" I don't know " 

" Really ?  Then you probably have no idea you are getting married tomorrow . " 

" How did you ______" 

" Alex he was here " 

His blood ran cold. How did that bastard find out about his personal life ? 

" I'm sorry dad " 

" I'm not angry or disappointed in you.  I know you always take right decisions. All that matters for me is your happiness. " 

" Thank you dad " 

" Mark " Mr. Tuan was hesitating to say something. " Alex threatened me to kill Jackson Wang on his wedding day. He thinks that I am partnering up with T and W enterprise against his company " 

" You have to save that boy " 

 

Mark couldn't believe it was the day his life would change forever. He was getting married in few moments. He checked his reflection in mirror blinking once twice. It wasn't just his dream.

" Markie brother what's taking you so long ? " 

Yugyeom knocked at the door and the older unlocked it. The younger clapped his hands in awe.

" You look stunning. Jackson brother is so lucky " 

Somewhere inside his mind yesterday's conversation resonated.

" Yugi can I see Jackson ? " 

" Already impatient huh ? Wait a little bit more and you can see him as much as you want " 

Mark sighted settling down on the chair.

The music outside changed into soft romantic song. It was time. Yugyeom intertwined their arms and led him outside. The hall was beautiful , decorated with white roses and lanterns. Mark could feel all eyes on him . He wanted to run away but Yugyeom's grip was firm .

His eyes than met with Jackson's. The younger was in black suit matching his own. ' Wow ' he thought. Jackson looked even more handsome in that outfit.

As the ceremony started , Mark felt extremely nervous. His legs trembled with rest of his body parts. 

The priest began the prayers.

Rings were exchanged along with vows.

" I pronounce you as husband and husband " 

The hall filled with cheers .

While the CEO was chatting with the guests Mark was busy scanning the crowd. He never left Jackson's side .

" Congras man " Jaebum and Jinyoung hugged their best friend.

Sometimes later Youngjae came in view.

" Congratulations Mark and Jackson bro " 

" Youngjae how have you been ? " 

" Good " 

The rest of the day passed by greeting and treating the guests. Mark felt sad he couldn't invited his dad and Sunny to his wedding though it was fake.

At evening the newly married couple were drove to Jackson's mansion. Yugyeom and Bambam gave lot of embrassing suggestions before parting ways with the older two.

" Where's my room ? " Mark asked as he sat by the edge of bed , exhausted.

" This is our room " 

" Excuse me ? ! I don't remember agreeing to share a room with you " 

" You didn't read the contract , did you ? It's clearly mentioned that you'll do as I say and want " 

" There's only one bed here " Mark pointed out.

" You'll sleep on the floor " 

" That's unfair " 

" What's unfair huh ? You agreed for it " 

Jackson changed into comfortable clothes and layed on the king sized bed. Mark grumbled eyeing his husband . He grabbed some pillows and threw them on floor , laying his body on them afterwards.

The couple closed their eyes turning away from each other. 

The morning light illuminated the room and Mark groaned bending his body in sitting position. The bed was empty.

Mark had just finished morning routine when Jackson reentered his room. 

" My friends will be here soon for party. Serve them well " 

" I'll serve them ? " 

" Yes " 

" They are your friends not mine and why would I _____" 

" Just because you are married to me doesn't mean that I accepted you as my husband. If you want to stay here do as I say. Understood ? " 

Jackson seethed at him. 

 

" If you want anything ask with my husband " 

Jackson announced to his drunkard friends whom Mark didn't like a bit. He had never seen them before. Who were they ?

Halfheartedly he served them drinks like a waiter. One of the boys dared to grab at his wrist, he freed his hand harsly as a result the drink spilled on the boy's clothes and the glass shattered into pieces.

" The hell ! " 

Jackson rushed to the scene.

" What happened man ? " 

" This spilled drink on my clothes " 

" Apologize and clean the floor " 

" Don't worry I'll clean the floor " Jackson's servent opted bending down to pick up the glass.

" Did I asked you ? I said Mark will clean the floor and he will " 

The servant stopped his actions.

Mark picked up the broken pieces and threw them on dustbin nearby. He felt humiliated. Tears threatened to spill down his eyes.

After everyone was out of the mansion Jackson and Mark were the only two left.

" Why didn't you apologize ? " 

" Why should I ? !  " 

" Because he is my friend and you did mistake " 

" I did mistake huh ! You didn't see you friend flirting with me but you saw my mistake ? Why are you doing this to me ? To hurt me to humiliate me ? Congratulations you have succeed Mr. Wang " 

Tears spilled down his cheeks and he violently wiped them. 

" I hate you Jackson Wang. I hate you " 

Those words hurt deeper than he had expected. He wanted to hold Mark close , tell him that he loved the older , comfort him and protect him but he can't . His revenge was  way more stronger than his love .

Without saying another word Jackson left the mansion and straight to his friend's house.

He knocked on the door harshly.

" Hey man wha_____" 

Before the boy could say anything a solid punch landed on his face. 

" How dare you " 

Jackson growled , eyes dark and aura scary

" You touched Mark " 

He punched his friend again and again and again. The boy punched him back. The croner of his lips started bleeding and he chuckled darkly.

Jackson kicked the boy making him fall flat on ground.

" Don't show your filthy face to me "

 

Mark paced back and forth on his room , distressed. Jackson hadn't returned home yet. Was it his fault ? 

He tried to call his husband.

" The number you have dialled is currently switched off please try a______" 

" Please be okay " 

Only at midnight Jackson returned home much to Mark's relief. The younger was slurring incoherent sentences trying to balance his body.

" Are you drunk ? " 

" N___nooooo" 

Jackson giggled but winched in pain with the stretch of lips. He was definitely drunk.

" What happened to your lips ? " 

Mark carefully inspected the wound . He dragged Jackson to the bathroom with some effort and started cleaning the dried blood.

" Hurts " 

The younger whined and suddenly went silent. Mark glanced at pouting boy.

" Why are you so beautiful Markiepooh ? You look like a doll. Your lips are soooo pink. " 

" Kiss me "  Jackson hiccupped. 

" No. You are drunk. Let's get some sleep okay " 

Jackson's bottom lip started trembling and Mark knew he was gonna cry soon. He sighted and leaned to kiss side of younger's lip.

" Happy " 

" Yes , yes " 

Jackson leaned on Mark and with support of wall he dragged the CEO to bed. The younger boy whispered something into his ear before falling asleep leaving him totally bewildered.

" I love you Markie " 

 __________________________________________________

I know this chapter was ty please don't kill me. I love you all <3

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU JACKSON !!!!!! 

IT'S  ALWAYS MARKSON OR NEVER !!!!!!!