11 ;

Betraying Hearts

Five years later

Time changes everything but not the betrayed and broken heart.

Jackson Wang , the CEO of renowned T and W enterprise maybe dream boy of almost everyone residing in Seoul  but in his dreams lives only one , Mark Tuan , the person he hates the most.

These passing years had taught him a greatest lesson of life - don't take decisions with your heart , because emotions will lead you to pain and regret.

His five friends - JB, Jinyoung, Youngjae , Bambam and Yugyeom were the persons behind his success. Had it not been their financial and emotional support, Jackson would have never succeed in achieving his dreams. The only thing he cared , trusted and treasured are his friends . 

JB and Jinyoung were official couple now  , Yugyeom and Bambam have been living together, Youngjae has his own apartment and for Jackson he lives in mansion with his caretakers and servents.

His friends had tried hard to hook him up with someone he would love but they eventually gave up as Jackson wasn't interested in love and romance. 

Jackson was in the balcony, he had been gazing outside for too long , mind occupied with past events.

" Jackson " A gentle hand brought him back to his present state. Jackson averted his eyes from the scene outside to concerned looking Jinyoung and smiled.

" Something's bothering you ? " 

" It's nothing Jin. " 

" Are you thinking about Mark again ? " Jinyoung asked,  his ex best friend's name tasted sour in his mouth. He hated Mark as much as Jackson did.

" No ! He is dead for me . "

 " Everyone's been waiting for you downstairs. We need to head to company for interview. " Jinyoung tried to divert his attention as he could see pain in Jackson's eyes.

" What interview ? " 

" Remember you fired your oh so chic and y personal assistant . Now we need a new one " 

" She was an absolute . " 

" All she did was confess her feelings to you. Aren't you a jerk ? " 

" She knew I was not interested in love or relationship and yet she dared to confess " 

" Anyway " Jinyoung sighted . There's no point in arguing with the metal headed boy " Get ready in fifteen minutes. We can't be late " 

***********

 Mark had returned to Seoul after his father was humilately thrown out of his own company. Alex and other copartners had betrayed him taking over the company for themselves. Mark had heard from somewhere that the company was rival of T and W enterprise, one of the most leading companies in Seoul.

Mark was not daring enough to face Jackson , he missed the younger a lot but he never tried to contact or meet him. Mark had been hanging on the hope that the younger boy was doing fine. He had no idea what had happened after he left.

Financial problems started arising after they had lost the company. Mr. Tuan sold the mansion and they have been living on rented house . Mark had  found job on the local cafe nearby and Mr. Tuan worked on small project. That was the only source of income for the two souls.

" If you aren't going to pay the rent , I have no choice other than to throw you out " 

The house owner has been nagging him for a week now. If Mark had money he would have paid her already but he was broke. 

" Please try to understand Mrs. Park. I'll pay you as soon as I have money " 

" You make the same excuse every time I ask for money. If you can't afford the to pay why are you staying here ? People like you should be begging on the streets " 

Mark was used to the insult by now. 

" This is my last warning " 

He bowed to the lady in silent apology and entered inside the house.

" Dad , have you taken your medicine yet ? " 

Mark asked as his eyes landed on the untouched glass of water he had left earlier.

" Oh I forgot " 

" How can you be so careless ? You must take your medication on time or the illness won't be cured fast . " 

" Take this " Mark handed him the glass and pill.

" What was Mrs. Park talking about ? Was she asking for the rent again ? "

" Yes. But don't worry. I'll pay her . " 

" Son, do you have enough money to pay her ? " 

" Yes. " Mark lied " Dad please don't take so much stress. " 

His dad smiled.

" Why are you doing this ? " 

" Doing what " Mark questioned confused.

" Pretending that I didn't hurt you. " 

" Past is in the past dad. It's better we forget it and move on. I have already forgiven you. Besides what kind of son would I be if I were to leave you when you are sick and weak ? "

" Now it's your rest time. Don't think of unnecessary stuff and hurt your brain." Mark made him lay back on the bed. After making sure his dad was asleep , Mark left for his job.

" Markiee~" Sunny engulfed her best friend into bone crushing hug.

" Hey sunshine how have you been ? " 

Mark ruffled her hair. She was like a little sister to him annoying but adorable at the same time.

" I have been good. " 

Mark changed into work shift clothes and they started serving the costumers.

After his shift was finished, Sunny came running to him and handed him the newspaper.

" What ? " Mark raised his brow questioningly.

" Read the article " 

He glanced at the headline. " Personal assistant needed for the CEO of T and W enterprise.

" You should apply for the post " Sunny suggested.

" Youn need money right ? They pay high salary. " 

" And what makes you think that they will select me for the job ? " 

" Well you are handsome , qualified and experienced young man. Besides, noone can resist your cuteness. " 

Mark chuckled at her sentence. 

" I will think about it " 

" There's no time to think brother. Today is the deadline for interview. " 

" Let me talk with dad first " Mark waved her goodbye.

" Best of luck " Sunny shouted from inside waving back at him.

His dad was already awake by the time he had reached home. Mark collected the necessary documents for the application form and filed them.

" Dad, do you mind me applying for the personal assistant post in T and W enterprise ? " 

" No, I don't mind. It would be amazing if you get the job "

" Okay. Wish me luck dad " 

" All the best son. " 

Mark stood in front of the large building, he was nervous as well as excited. He didn't have high hope but there's nothing wrong in hoping right ? He entered inside and the lady in the receptionist desk greeted him with smile.

" What can I do for you sir ? " 

" Uh, where can I submit this file ? " 

" Is it application for personal assistant ? " 

Mark nodded his head.

" In that case hand it to me and please take a seat there. " 

The girl pointed to the sitting area where lots of people were gossiping. He assumed that they were also here for the interview.

Mark handed the documents and quietly sat on the free chair. He could hear the applicants talking about the CEO of the company. 

" I have heard that he fired his assistant just because she confessed her love to him. " 

" Really ? " 

" Yes. He says love doesn't exist for him. " 

" Maybe someone had betrayed him in the past " 

" Maybe " 

" He is so handsome though " 

" Have you met him ? " 

" Yes " 

" Lucky you " 

Mark waited patiently for his turn.

Jackson couldn't find the person fit for the job yet. There was only one file left now ans he was really very  exhausted. 

" Might as well finish with this than I can take a good rest " 

He picked up the file and opened it. His eyes widen in surprise,  blood in his veins froze upon seeing the name and picture of person on the bio data. 

" Mark Tuan " 

Jackson read out aloud. He called the receptionist instantly and ordered her to send the said person in his office.

Mark stood in front of the closed door. He could hear rustling of paper inside. His plams started sweating , he was nervous. 

Mark slowly knocked on the door 

" May I come in ? " 

That voice Jackson hadn't heard for five years. That voice sweet as honey but mixed with the poison of betrayal , that  voice of his enemy Mark Tuan. 

The door was the only barrier between them.

" Yes " 

The door was pushed open and Mark came in view. Jackson's breath hitched at the site of beautiful creature. He had got thinner over these years. So delicate , so fragile that you want to handle him with utter care and love. 

The hatred bubbling inside his heart pushed aside those feelings. Mark Tuan was the same person who left him to die in the hospital alone.

Mark felt as if his whole world stopped . His heart started hammering so loud that he could hear it from outside , his body felt stiff. Was this real ? Standing in front of him was noone other than Jackson Wang looking at him with pure hatred in his eyes. Why must the universe be so cruel to him ? The past he had been trying to escape from was now in front of him.

" J___Jack_son " 

" Oh ,you still remember my name ? " 

Jackson asked venom dripping with his every word.

" I ___I " 

Mark couldn't form any sentences , his brain was still trying to grasp the situation.

" Take a sit Mr. Tuan . We'll start the interview "

Jackson's voice gave him chills. 

" First question , why did you apply for the job ? " 

" I need money " 

" Of course,  how can I forget money is your first priority . You can do anything for it , even leave people to die alone " Jackson chuckled bitterly. 

His words felt like draggers against Mark's heart but Mark kept a straight face. He can't show his emotions , he won't show his emotions.

" Where else do you work  ? " 

" Local cafe nearby here " 

" Can you handle the work pressure ? " 

" I can " 

" Relationship status ? " 

" Why do you need that ? " 

" Just answer my question Mr. Tuan " 

" Single " 

Jackson was surprised. He had thought Mark was married to Alex. Wasn't that what his father wanted?

" Who do you live with ? 

 " Why are you asking private questions ? "

" I need the information for employees security. If something were to happen to you,  I can call your closest person "

" My father and I are living together "

" What about other relatives ? "

" We don't have any "  

" Hmm . How about your mother ? Doesn't she live with you two ? " 

" Sh__ she's dead " 

" Oh , sorry. I didn't mean to be insensitive " Jackson felt a little guilty.

" It's okay " 

" Are you finished with your questions Mr. Wang ? Can I leave now ? " Mark didn't want to stay there any longer. He stood up from his seat ready to leave the office.

" Before you go answer my last question. Do you regret that day ? " 

Mark looked straight in Jackson's eyes. He knew what Jackson meant by ' that day '

" No I don't"

Mark raced out of the building towards his rented home. He ran straight to his room , locked the door and threw his body on the mattress. Tears started dripping down his eyes leaving wet stain on the pillow. He didn't even know why he was crying but his heart ached. When he had thought to forget the past and move on why must he meet Jackson ? What had he done so wrong to deserve the cruelty of fate ? 

*******

Jackson sat on his bed , his mind replaying the earlier conversation he had with Mark . Frustrated, he punched the bed repeatedly.

" Jackson what are you doing ? " 

JB stopped Jackson's fist before it touched the bed. 

" He is back Jae. After torturing me for all these years he is back. And he doesn't even regret leaving me alone " 

" Calm down Jackson. Who's back ? " 

" Mark Tuan . He was one of the job applicants " 

" Why didn't you inform us earlier ? " 

" I didn't want to create a scene " 

" At least you could have called Jinyoung " 

" I want to handle it myself . "  

" What are you going to do ? " 

JB asked curiosity getting the best of him.

" I am going to break him little by little. He must feel the same pain I had gone through "  

JB could see burning hatred in his friend's eye.

" Sometimes even I am scared of you Jacks " 

Later that evening Mark received call from T and W.

" Congratulations Mr. Tuan , you are selected for the job. " 

___________________________________________________

First of all I want to thank you all for the support you are giving to this story . I love you all <3

Don't forget to leave comments and 

KEEP LOVING MARKSON AND GOT7 !!!!!!!!!!!