No More Dream

Friends and Neighbors ~ Namjin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin’s POV

 

I wake up and I hear laughter coming from downstairs. I’m confused because normally the house is quiet in the morning, but I hear commotion going on. I rub my eyes, though wince at my one eye still being sore from the orange. I check the time. 9:45? I think to myself, Normally the family sleeps late until at least 11… I put on my glasses and shuffle down the stairs.

 

I walk into the kitchen and see my mother making pancakes, my father sipping his coffee, and Namjoon laughing with Tae about something. I’m surprised to see Namjoon here, he wasn’t supposed to come until later with the others! I make sure my PJs are situated and attempt to tame my hair but it’s little use. They finally notice me as I’m trying to do this.

 

“Trying to spiff up for your boyfriend?” Tae teases, and Namjoon playfully punches him. I groan and pull out a chair to join them at the table. My parents chuckle.

 

“I just wasn’t expecting company so early, that’s all,” I explain, and Tae shakes his head while Namjoon blushes slightly.

 

“I’m sorry I’m here early, I was up and my mom left this morning to run to some errands, and is going to be gone most of the day. I texted Tae and he invited me over,” he says sipping at the orange juice in front of him.

 

“Don’t apologize, that’s silly,” I say and he smiles. I didn’t want him to feel bad, “You know you’re more than welcome here anytime.”

 

“That’s right Jin,” my mom smiles. She places a big plate of pancakes in the middle of the table. “More pancakes boys?” She asks the others, but they shake their heads pushing their plates away. I smile and grab several pancakes and put them on a plate for myself.

 

“Watch him eat this whole plate, he eats like a pig I tell you,” Tae laughs nudging Namjoon. I blush slightly when Namjoon laughs too.

 

“We’re growing guys, we eat a lot,” he replies and I feel a little better. I shoot Tae a small glare and he smirks at me. The nerve of this kid!

 

I begin eating and Tae and Namjoon talk about school and such. I’m lost in my own thoughts about the meeting later when I hear Tae say, “Right Jin?”

 

I instinctively rob, only half paying attention when the whole kitchen breaks into laughter. I look up paying full attention and I’m confused.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter