Ties and Bus Rides

Friends and Neighbors ~ Namjin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon's POV

 

GOT7's Hard Carry startled me awake in what seemed like minutes, but turned out to be hours. I shut off the alarm on my phone and begin to get ready. I slipped on the tan khakis and undershirt, then the white-collar button down. I picked up the tie and stopped there. I've never tied my own tie. The only few times I've worn one my dad would do it for me. I choke back the tears and breathe. I grab my backpack full of supplies that I would need, and head downstairs, my head held high and tie in hand.

 

"Morning, Mama!", I say cheerily to my mother as she is finishing up some eggs for breakfast.

 

"Morning Namjoonie sweetheart! Sit down and have a quick breakfast with me, I made some scrambled eggs for us," she says with a smile.

 

I could tell she was excited for me to have a fresh start. I reply with a warm smile and place my backpack by the door, and return to the kitchen to eat. When I get back in My mom is putting plates down on the table. She looks over at me and notices the tie in my hand.

 

There is a flash of sorrow in her eyes, I can tell she is thinking the same thing I was this morning.

 

"You need help putting that on, don't you?" she said with a sad smile.

 

"Yes, mama, if you wouldn't mind," I say kindly, treading lightly to not push the slight glimmer of tears b her eyes.

 

She walks over to me as I gently place the tie in her hands. She concentrated while putting it on, explaining each step so I can learn to do it. When she is done it looks perfect.

 

"Thank you so much, sorry I couldn't tie it on my own," I say so her softly.

 

"It's ok sweetheart, you'll learn," she says with a small smile, "I know I'm not your father but I can try my best."

 

"You are the best mom, I love you." I say to her as I lean in for a hug. We stand there hugging each other for a few moments, a few tears racing down our faces. When we are done, we sit down and eat breakfast.

 

I only stay for a few minutes and discuss final details with her.

 

"Here, walk to the bus stop, here is your pass for the year, and you should see some kids from your school, just try to follow them, you should figure what to do there," she says handing me my new laminated bus pass, and stepping back. She gives me one more quick kiss on the cheek and sends me off.

 

As I close the door behind me I notice the boy next door is walking out his door as well. We noticed each other, but quickly avoid stares.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter