Stealing Phones

Friends and Neighbors ~ Namjin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin's POV

An annoying buzzing sound wakes me up. I blink the sleep goop out of my eyes and sit up. I find my book on the floor, closed. Darn it! I lost my page now! Eh, I’ll find it later.

 

I hear the buzzing sound again. Was it my phone? I lean over and get my phone off my night stand. I flip it open only to find it free of any texts or calls. I put my phone back and stretch back. What was that buzzing? My thought is greeted by another buzz.

 

I groan and fold back my comforter so that I can get out of bed. I stand up but then sit back for a moment to get rid of the dizziness. When I’m balanced again, I stand back up and walk around my room. I hear the buzzing again.

 

This thing is to try to play hide or seek or something, and it’s getting annoying. From the corner of my eye, I see something lit on my floor. I turn around to get a better look and find that it’s a phone. That makes sense, one of the guys must have dropped their phone.

 

I pick it up and hit the power button. I’m greeted by Namjoon’s smiling face, long with his mother’s. It must have fallen out of his pocket when we were wrestling earlier, I realize.

 

I swipe the lock button to find it not password protected. Why would Namjoon do that? Silly boy. I find that he has several missed texts from his uncle, as said in his saved contacts. I don’t read them because I don’t want to be nosy and getting into his private family affairs. I do, however, go into his contacts. I find the other guy’s names, but not mine. He hadn’t had the chance to ask for mine I guess. I decide to add my phone number for him.

 

I quick make my contact and then copy his number as well into my phone contacts. I save him under Joonie. I’m proud of my name that I set for his phone, and I can’t help but smile. I take a quick selfie to set my picture, but then cringe when I remember my black eye. I decide it's not a big deal, and it would only remind Namjoon that he owes me for hurting me like that.

 

I’m satisfied with what I’ve done, and I shut off his phone and put it on my nightstand next to mine. I get back into bed after grabbing my book, searching for my page. I’ve decided to chill out and wait for Namjoon to come get it. It would be nice to see him, hopefully not in the mindset of wrestlers.

 

I finally find my page where I remember leaving off, and I start reading again. I really get into the book when I hear a knock on my door. I grab my fluffy pink bookmark of my nightstand so I don’t lose my page again, and place the book next to me on my bed.

 

“Come in!” I say. I smile as I see a familiar face peer through the slowly opening door. “I’ve been expecting you…” I say, giving my best impression.

 

Namjoon can’t help but laugh. “I guess you found my phone then?” he asks, rubbing the back of his neck shyly.

 

“Yeah, I did. It kept vibrating and woke me up a little while ago.” I say, smiling.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter