Meeting and Pies

Friends and Neighbors ~ Namjin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin’s POV

 

I finish formulating the simple plan on the drive home. I talk it over with my mom, and it works. Besides, they still would have another pie to replace the one smashed in his face. My mom and I talk about it and laugh. I love that she is all in, this being a really cool mom moment. She just says to ask to makes sure it is okay with his mom beforehand because there would be a mess. I nod my head in agreement, happy the plan is set.

 

I walk in my my mom and grab a pie off the counter, and my mom follows suit.

 

“TAEHYUNG WE ARE GOING TO THE NEIGHBOR’S HOUSE, ARE YOU COMING WITH US?” my mom yells up the stairs to Tae’s room.

 

“TOO MUCH WORK, NEXT TIME, PROMISE! SEND MY APOLOGIES!” we hear as a response bellowed down the stairs. The best thing both Tae and my mom had in common was their loud voice.

 

I was typically soft spoken, but Tae and my mom can shout at each other from anywhere in the house. How they do not walk around with sore throats beats me. I smile and shake my head, and make my way back in the direction of our front door.

 

The cold wind hits my face as soon as I walk out the door. I pause in the middle of the walkway and wait for my mom, who is a few paces behind me securing the door. She gives me a smile, and follows me as we make our way a few meters next door. I shift the pie to my left hand and give the door a firm knock.

 

“Coming!” we hear a voice say, a small distance away from the other side of the door. A few seconds later we are greeted by a polite smile. I know this is Namjoon’s mom. “Hello! My name is Ji Hee, how can I help you?” she asks.

 

“Nice to meet you Ji Hee, my name is Layana, and this is my son Jin, we’re your neighbors next door.” My mom greets, extending a hand.

 

“Oh, please come in! It’s freezing out there!” Ji Hee says, gesturing my mom and I inside. The room looks semi unpacked, but looks great considering they only just got their stuff. The living room is full of warm tones, and moving boxes neatly stacked on along a wall. “Sorry about the mess, it’s pretty easy to tell we just moved, huh?” she says, gesturing us to sit down.

 

She and my mom go through some typical greetings, and tell each other about what had Namjoon had did to me. They both laughed, and Ji Hee apologized. My mom and I assured everything was ok, no hard feelings-well, for the most part anyway. My mom, who seems to have perfect timing, brings up our plan. Namjoon’s mom laughs and agrees wholeheartedly, much to my happiness.

 

“If you’ll excuse me, I’ll go run upstairs and get Namjoon, he’s probably just on his phone in his room.” she says was a smirk, starting a light jog to the stairs.

 

“Okie dokie!” I say to her, as I stand up with my mom to stretch out legs. A minute later Ji Hee comes down the stairs, and I turn around hearing Namjoon following her. I can tell he is startled my appearance by his face.

 

It was kinda of cute. His blonde hair is damp and kinda of drying in different

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter