Beautiful

Friends and Neighbors ~ Namjin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin’s POV

 

I’m cold. I’m under the blankets, but I'm not that warm. I slowly open my eyes and realize why. There is empty space next to me where Namjoon, and his body heat, had been. I sigh. I didn’t even get to say goodbye…

 

I sit up and let out a stretch. I look at my TV and see the WALL-E movie menu on the screen. I don’t remember half the movie, probably because I fell asleep. I rub my eyes and turn to get off my bed.

 

I walk out of my door and hear my parents talking downstairs. As I walk out my door I peer into my Tae’s room. He is sitting at his desk next with his lamp , hunched over a pile of papers. I don’t have my glasses on so I can’t see what he’s working on.

 

“What are ya up to, Tae?” I ask. He looks up at me and gives me one of his boxy grins.

 

“Just working on some more planning for the dance,” he replies. He pushes his glasses back up his nose and looks back down at his papers. He seems to tune me out, back in his zone, so I take it as my cue to leave.

 

I walk out of his room and head downstairs. I can tell my parents hear me go down the stairs because their conversation stops. I walk into the living room rubbing my eyes again.

 

“Hey sleepyhead!” my mom says cheerfully to me.

 

I can’t help but smile. “Hey mama,” I reply. I quickly remember that I wanted to know where Namjoon went. “Did Namjoon leave?” I ask her.

 

“Yeah, about 30 minutes ago, he said it was getting late and he needed to get some sleep for tomorrow.” my dad answers for her.

 

I feel bad for holding him up. He probably stayed longer than he wanted because he didn’t want to risk waking me up.

“You should probably stay up next time you hang out,” my mom chuckles, “It’s kinda rude.”

 

“I didn’t mean to fall asleep!” I whine. They both laugh at me. “We were watching a movie and I guess I just fell asleep.”

 

“What movie did you watch?” my mom asks.

 

“We watched WALL-E…” I say. I was getting ready to be ridiculed for my love of disney movies.

 

“But you love that movie! It’s one of your favorites after Tangled!” my mom gasps. There is was. I internally sigh.

 

“I know, I hate that I missed the ending! But I was so tired, I don’t even remember falling asleep!” I exclaim. They both laugh again.

 

“You should go to school tomorrow, you should be fine.” my father says, bringing a more important into the conversation. “Tomorrow’s Friday, you’ll only be there one day anyway.”

 

“Sounds good,” I agree, “Things are kinda dull just being in bed all day.”

 

“You should go back to bed so you don’t fall asleep in class tomorrow.” my mom smiles. I walk up to them and give them hugs. “Don’t forget to set your alarm!”

 

“I know.” I say, and turn to go back up the stairs. “Goodnight!”

 

“Goodnight!” they both say at the same time, then seem to be having a conversation of their own again.

 

I walk back upstairs and saunter back into my room. I set my alarm for tomorrow morning, and put out my uniform. I am relieved to be going back to school. Hopefully Namjoon would keep his promise and not show my reading preferences…

 

I get back into bed and realize that I’m not that tired. Makes sense though because I had just woken up from one of many naps I’ve taken throughout the day. I decide to just mentally prepare myself for the next day. I would be surrounded by my crazy friends again. I counted it as a blessing and a curse.

 

I pick up my phone and flip it open. I find a text from Yoongi asking if I would be at school tomorrow. I decided after today that he deserved to wait. He and the others betting against me like that, shame on them. Hobi is now officially my bestie! I go to close my phone, but I decide to send my first text to Namjoon.

 

Jin: Hey! I kinda stole your number, but I figured I would have it soon enough anyway… Thanks for hanging out, it was fun! Next time I’ll try and stay awake, haha xD Sleep well, I’ll see you tomorrow! You should walk to the bus stop with Tae and I tomorrow, we’ll be out between 7:00-7:10! Your choice, do what you want ^^ I’ll stop rambling, good night!

 

I hit send after proof-reading. I hope I don’t seem annoying in my text…

 

With this I’ve decided that I’m tired. I put my phone on my nightstand and shut off the lamp. My room is instantly dark and I see nothing. I try and feel around for the corner of my comforter to pull over me, but it takes a minute or so.  

 

I huff from the frustration of doing that, and close my eyes. I’m glad my eye isn’t as sore as it was. It was still swollen some, I knew that, so I would just have to deal with my glasses until I was able to wear contacts again. I really wasn't happy about this, but I had little choice. I have really bad vision.

 

More thoughts and anxieties zoom around my head and I finally give it a rest. I soon find myself drifting to sleep.

 

I wake up to may alarm feeling refreshed. I had loads of energy and I was happy that I would not be cooped up in my room all day.

 

I put on my uniform, and head to the bathroom. I squint at the mirror and try to finish tying my tie. After a minute or so longer than normal, I go back to my room and grab my seldom used pair of glasses. The case literally has a thin layer of dust from sitting on my dresser for so long untouched. I open it up and take out my round, gold, wire framed glasses. I put them on, and suddenly I can clearly see the world around me. Funny

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter