Perpetual Winking

Friends and Neighbors ~ Namjin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin's POV

 

All I feel in pain in my head. I wince, hurting even more. I try to open my eyes but only my left eye will open. I begin to panic when I hear a voice.

 

"Jin, honey, can you hear me? It's Mrs. Lai, the nurse," she says walking over to where I am laying, "Don't move, just stay still, I know you are in pain, but the medication should be coming into effect soon."

 

I slowly open my eyes, or should I say, eye, and look over at her kind smiling face. Her twinkling blue eyes are full of concern as she gives a kind smile, forming crows feet around her eyes. My vision is blurry and my head is pounding.

 

I finally find my voice. "What happened?" I ask, my voice sounding dry and raspy.

 

"Well, to my understanding, you were batting around an orange with your friends, and one of them hit it really hard, and well, knocked you out," she chuckles slightly, trying to lighten the mood, "It hit your right eye dead on, and between that and falling back and hitting your head on the floor, you've been out for about 2 hours, but you're ok, we screened you for a concussion and everything, you are just not going to be looking great for a while."

 

The throbbing of my eye makes sense now, along with the flash of memory coming back. It was Namjoon. Kinda scary he was able to knock me out with a fruit. The thought is amusing as I chuckle. I quickly stop because it causes my head to throb more.

 

"You rest here for a few minutes, do you feel well enough to see your friends? They have been waiting to see you," she asks.

 

"Yeah, of course, send them in," I say with a smile. I really wanted to hear how everything panned out. Nothing ever happened at this school, I guess me being knocked out by Namjoon the new kid, with a fruit nevertheless, would be pretty interesting.

 

"Okay! I'll send them in momentarily!" she says cheerily, walking out of the small room.

 

I close my eyes, and continue to try to open the other one. After a few times with not being able to open it, I give up. My right eye is completely swollen shut. I am so going to get Namjoon for this!

 

My thoughts are quickly interrupted by the commotion of loud people rushing into the room. Their voices are loud and make my head pulse.

 

"Can you guys turn the volume down 20 notches? My head hurts." I say to them.

 

Yoongi quickly silences the others and they surround my cot. "How's my tough guy?" Yoongi teases, but thankfully in a soft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter