CAUGHT YOU

"Low-key" Crushing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Teddy oppa made me confess to Kwon Jiyong and Chaerin told Kwon Jiyong that I had a crush on him!” I accused.

 

The mafia boss raised a brow at me while I heard the two culprits snicker behind me.

 

“So?” came his nonchalant reply.

 

‘So’? ‘SO’? “I’m gonna diiiieeeeeeeee!”

 

“Oh." I saw his eyes, they were uninterested and evil like his soul. "No you won’t.” he finished.

 

“I aaaammmmmmmmmm!” I shot back. “I’m gonna decompose in the ground, die, and you won’t have any award-winning songs anymore!!!!”

 

I saw him gulp at that and I could just inwardly smirk.

 

“What’s with that sweat drop, Yang?! I give you award-winning songs too!” 

 

Papa cleared his throat. “Chaerin, Teddy, stop bullying Sandara.”

 

They whined in protest while I made a victorious air punch. I know Papa YG loves me. We’re like two peas in a pod!

 

“And stop you’re over exaggeration, Dara. Jiyong is harmless.” he added.

 

Okay, maybe Papa YG doesn’t love me anymore. Screw that peas in the pod bull. The two laughed behind me while I just frowned, staring at YG to make him feel uncomfortable. I could see that it wasn’t working since he counteracted it with his own lethal gaze. Touché old man. I was the first one to break and I swear I saw his lips tug up to a smirk.

 

“Why did you call me here?” I asked, sulking in this fancy sectional that he had in his office.

 

He glanced at all of us while his fingertips touched to each other like he was some sort of villain and we were his henchmen. “Well, I only called for Dara.” He eyed my two baggages with a pointed look. “But I guess there’s no harm in you guys being here since you’re all so close to her.”

 

I saw Chaerin straighten up as she looked at him suspiciously. “What’s going on, sajangnim?” She must be worried since she only uses ‘sajangnim’ when she feels tense. Oppa looked pretty serious beside me too. Why the heck are they so serious? It’s not like I did anything wrong—

 

Oh my god, he’s gonna fire me.

 

I felt cold all of the sudden and I could also feel the blood draining from my face. He’s gonna fire me because I can’t produce anymore content! How am I gonna see my Jiyong now?! Am I gonna be a full blown telescope-using kind of stalker now?! Ommaaaaa help me plead for my job!!!!

 

I shot up from my seat and kneeled near his feet, begging for my life and telling him repeatedly to not fire me. He was just sitting there in shock while the others decided to plead with me and beg. His hand suddenly grabbed my wrist and he pulled me up to meet his face. I admit that my face was a wreck that time because it was flooded with tears and snot. Like the gentle lady that I was, I tried to wipe all of that off using the hand that he was holding up. He grimaced and let go while oppa caught me and Chaerin wiped my face dry with her sleeve.

 

“I am not going to fire you, Dara.” he said with a chuckle and we looked up. “I just called you here to personally tell you that you got nominated for producer of the year!”

 

There was an eerie silence at first… and after a few seconds, we all jumped up in cheers, hugs, rainbows, and puppies. Papa YG even embraced me! He embraced me! He rarely does that to people! Happy tears and snot won’t stop overflowing and they all shared disgusted groans.

 

“ all of you, I’m nominated!!!!!!!!” I yelled, throwing them a round of middle fingers and hearty laughter. EAT WORLD! I AM AN ESSENTIAL MEMBER OF SOCIETY!

 

We—okay, I—was so caught up in celebrating that I failed to hear knocks and the door creaking open. Chaerin was hurriedly tapping my arm but I was just too darn happy to give a about her. I was nominated for producer of the year!!

 

“HOLY , DUDE. I SWEAR THAT I’M GONNA FREAKING MYSELF!” I cheered, bouncing up and down.

 

I also failed to notice that they weren’t doing a happy dance with me anymore and that they were looking behind me.

 

“Hurry and go to the bathroom, noona!”

 

I looked behind me and saw the BIGBANG boys looking gobsmacked and incredibly handsome. And then there I was looking like I was hit with a goddamn flu while telling the world that I was about to piss myself. I just thanked my lucky stars that Jiyong wasn’t there to see this train wreck.

 

I hurriedly fixed myself and bowed at them, covering my face and was about to dash out the room when…

 

“We’re not done yet, Sandara. Come back here.”

 

Why do you have to be such an today, YG?

 

I walked myself backwards while still covering my face and sat down with a dejected sigh.

 

“What is Chaerin and Teddy hyung doing here?” I heard Daesung voice. That’s right. Please refrain from acknowledging me and I’m not being sarcastic. Please. Don’t. Acknowledge. My. Presence.

 

“Why is Dara noona here too?” Seunghyun spoke. Goddammit Seunghyun, don’t start.

 

“You guys are early.” YG replied instead. No . “C’mon and sit down, this will be quick.”

 

“Can I leave?” I interrupted with a raise of a hand like I was in school. “I have to do something very important.” God, I really hope he lets me leave. Please let me leave. Please let me leave. Please let me-…

 

“No, you stay here. I want to see your reaction.”

 

Great, now Papa is in on the tease train too. Chaerin and Teddy shared a fist bumped and I scowled at them. From the corner of my eyes I could see the boys looking at us confusedly but no one bothered to ask what the hullabaloo was all about.

 

“BIGBANG…” he suddenly paused for dramatic effect, “Is nominated for 3 Daesang awards in this year’s MAMA!”

 

The boys erupted in loud cheers but they were way mellower than mine. I couldn’t help but feel happy for them too. They really deserved it. I saw all the effort they put in to their album and just reminiscing it brings a tear to my eye. I also saw how Jiyong worked through the night just to fix their songs and made them as perfect as he was. I usually bring him snacks when I catch him sleeping in their studio alone. My baby needs his nutrition after all.

 

“YG’s very own Tokki was also nominated for Best Producer!” he added and Teddy and Chaerin screamed like a bunch of teenage girls. The boys joined in gasps and amazed claps while I could just launch myself back in my chair and sink into it. I knew he would throw me under the bus at some point!

 

“Wow, so neither you nor Teddy hyung are going to represent YG this year?” Youngbae asked.

 

Papa YG nodded. “I forgot! She’s also nominated for song writer award in the Melon Music Awards too.”

 

“ARE YOU FOR REAAALLLLL????! NO WAY!!!!” The room suddenly grew silent and I threw a peace sign at the baffled group of men beside me. “I’m a really big fan of her work. I… I just love her.” I blushed in embarrassment and tucked a lock of hair behind my ear.

 

“Aww man, my streak is gonna stop because of you.” Oppa bonked me on the head and I glared at him for acting so carelessly again. His lips formed an ‘o’ when YG, Chaerin, and I glared at him and he could just rub the back of his neck.

 

Seunghyun whistled, making me turn my head towards him. “I kinda expected it… I mean Tokki did write two of Black Pink’s debut songs, one of Winner’s, and our Blue.”

 

“Blue was a really depressing song, unnie.” Chaerin whispered in my ear.

 

I snorted. “That was when the Kiko thing happened.” I mumbled back. “I mentally broke up with him then but we got back together after I finished the song.” Chaerin chuckled on my back and I let out a smile.

 

They continued talking amongst themselves while I just sat there like the piece of furniture I was sitting on. Sometimes I wonder if I would enjoy my time here if everyone knew who I was but I would always remember that I was one of those cowardly lions so it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter