THEY'RE BULLYING ME AGAIN!

"Low-key" Crushing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Who you?”

 

I spun my chair and abruptly stopped when I saw who was in front of me. My lips stayed in a puckering position while I continued to balance a pen over it.

 

“Lee Chaerin. 22 years old. Working as a singer/rapper under YG Entertainment.” the girl in front of me said.

 

We were met by silence. I’m pretty sure I heard crickets too.

 

And then the water sprinklers in my head started working again and I shot up and started hitting this beautiful, kind-hearted . We moved to the couch while I kept pounding her—okay that sounded weird. FYI I don’t have a —and this angel was giggling. GIGGLING! I am angry right now and what does she do?

 

“Stop giggling!”

 

Now she bursts out laughing. Great.  I have such a supporting friend. I left her to roll around in the couch and went back to my spinny chair. I glared at her when she laughed even louder. I put my soundless headphones back on and angrily tapped on the soundboard in front of me. I felt my headphones being taken off and I shot her the finger without looking at her. I am grumpy and she needs to know. She always says that I look—

 

“CUTE!!!!”

 

I rolled my eyes and begrudgingly sat beside her. I rested my head on her shoulder and there I sulked and sighed at the thought of my love life woes. I took my paper with me that had a bunch of scribbles of lyrics on it but of course Chaerin just had to take it and peek.

 

“Baby I hate you… Baby I loved you.” she read and nudged my arm. “Uh oh, is your love wavering?” I heard the teasing tone in her voice and I pinched her again and she shrieked. Again.

 

Which reminds me…

 

“Yah! Why the hell did you have to make such a girly shriek with him there?” I sobbed jokingly. “And right in front of my face, you . I thought you were my friend!”

 

She hit me upside the head as she laughed and I could just frown and sulk. Chaerin was lucky since she could freely interact with that perfectly imperfect god. Meanwhile, I was here in this room—that was starting to smell by the way, holy —sulking and writing songs about my pain and unsuccessful love with Kwon Jiyong who doesn’t even know me.

 

“Jiyong is a nice guy.” Chaerin gave me a comforting pat on the head. I narrowed my eyes at her and she quirked a brow. Look at her patronizing me. I think she read my thoughts because she gave me another hit in the head. Aigoo, I’m gonna get brain damage if she keeps doing that. She also added, “Just go say hi. What’s there to lose?”

 

What’s there to lose? WHAT’S THERE TO LOSE? I scoffed at her.

 

“My life?” I said incredulously, “The ability to control my pee?”

 

“Ewwww unnie!”

 

“I’m seriously gonna piss myself if I start a conversation with him. Oh god, I’m already feeling it now!”

 

“UNNIE!”

 

“Oh hehehe false alarm,” I threw her a peace sign and she flicked my forehead. What is this girl and her obsession with hitting my money maker?! I gave her a warning look, mentally telling her to stop and she pursed her lips and held her hands like a little saint.

 

I lightly patted her cheek and walked back to my chair, spinning it first before grabbing my pen so that I could continue writing. I felt her standing beside me and I just let her look over.

 

Chaerin and I had been friends ever since I started working in YG (yeaaaa boiii). She was actually the first one that I wrote for in this company and I was introduced to her at my 2nd day of work. I admit that we didn’t start of as BFFs like Bom and I. I thought she was arrogant and snippy just by looking at her appearance but when I heard the stupid come out of , I knew that we were gonna hit it off like a married couple.

 

She was singer—well, rapper—like my Jiyong and it was only her first year of debuting when I wrote my first song for her. Now she’s this hot shot that gets all the VIP access and first class plane tickets while I make more money than her. I’m only above by her by like a hundred won but hell, I’ll take it. Thank god for music royalties. So yeah, I’m officially a rich now but I guess my clothes weren’t making it obvious. I didn’t want the attention anyway. Pfft, I don’t know about you but I don’t want to get mugged in the streets.

 

Also about the attention… you would think that being an award winning song writer/producer gets this rich all the street cred right?

 

EHHHH that's what Mr. You're-ing-wrong-you-dumb- Buzzer would say

 

Wrong. I go by an alias. I go by Bond. James Bond. Kidding! My ‘alias’ is Tokki. Why you ask? Why can’t I be a ‘Tokki’ if there are producers in here that are named ‘Teddy’, ‘Kush’, and ‘Choice37’? I wanna be a part of the Myspace username club too! I also asked Papa YG to hide my identity from the majority of the people in and out of this company because…

I’m pretty sure my stalker streak leaked out in high school when I was in the same class with Jiyong. I’m afraid that he’ll remember me when he remembers ‘Sandara Park the stalker’ that was graciously spread throughout the whole campus. My mom is incredibly paranoid. Okay, I sound like I’m exaggerating but she’s pretty paranoid. Whenever there was so much as an opened curtain, she hides behind it first, holds the edge of it, and then spreads it out. Our family's house is especially dark by the way, just to let you know. I just really don’t like bringing too much attention to myself. I’m not that shy but whenever I see Chaerin getting recognized anywhere and everywhere, I always think to myself that I could never do that. It looks too exhausting and I like my safety bubble thank you very much. I’d rather do the magic behind the scenes and leave people to wonder the mystery behind the Tokki.

 

I think the majority of YG believes that I’m one of Chaerin’s groupies or an assistant or something. I don’t correct them though. Let them think whatever they want. I’ll just wallow here with all my royalty money.

 

“Who are you writing a song for this time?” I heard her ask.

 

I grumbled, scratching my head with the tip of my pen.

 

“Kwon Jiyong again?”

 

“What do you mean Kwon Jiyong again?” I put my hand on my chest, dramatically gasping.

 

“Unnie.” she spun my chair and sat on my lap. “You have like 3 notebooks full of songs for him,” she frowned, “and that’s just for the 2 years you’ve been here!”

 

I narrowed my eyes suspiciously at her and pinched her nose. “You want a song, don’t you?” She pouted at me and I released her nose. “I knew it. You’re only using me for your own good. Aigoo what has the world become?”

 

“Unnieeeeee!” she whined. “You know I would never do that to you! I just want to sing a song that you made just like old times…”

 

“Old times as in where you get all that fat money while I get even fatter money?”

 

“Unnie-yah!”

 

I laughed when she started tickling me and then the door suddenly creaked open. I admit I was as paranoid as my mother. I quickly hid my song book inside my shirt and peeked over my chair. I quickly hid myself back when I realized who was at the door.

 

“Teddy hyung wanted me to give you this, Chaerin-ah.”

 

Jesus Christ, his voice sounds like smooth velvety chocolate that would just melt on my tongue.

 

I felt the chair spinning towards his direction but before it did, I gripped on the edge of the soundboard and stopped it. I looked at the girl still on top of me wide-eyed while her catty eyes looked at me mischievously.

 

“Give it here, hyung. I’m a little bit tied right now.”

 

“I’ll make sure to see you in hell.” I hissed at her and she winked.

 

I sunk lower in my seat when I heard his footsteps nearing. Oh god oh god oh god. He’s here in my smelly- room while Chaerin is sitting on top of me. Oh my god.

 

Chaerin was shuffling on top of me but I didn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter