SOME

"Low-key" Crushing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“BREAKING NEWS! BIGBANG’S G-DRAGON ANNOUNCES RELATIONSHIP WITH BREAKOUT YG PRODUCER, TOKKI!”

 

“This just in, G-Dragon tells the whole world about his new girl! He announced this relationship during Tokki-ssi’s MMA award for songwriter of the year! Let’s watch the video shall we?”

 

“From Kiko Mizuhara to Nana Komatsu, BIGBANG leader—G-Dragon finally goes for home and settles for a Korean girl!”

 

“This has been the first in many years that fashion icon, G-Dragon publicizes about his relationship with a girl!”

 

“Now we are left to ask, who is Tokki and how can we get her autograph?”

 

She heard footsteps coming closer to her but she didn’t bother looking up. Dara knew who it was. She would be surprised if he hasn’t shown up at all but here he was. The chair across from her lightly scraped the floor but still her eyes remained on the phone in her hands.

 

It has only been a day but there were already hundreds—if not thousands—of articles concerning his little stint yesterday. Her fingers grasped the mug’s handle lightly before he suddenly took it away from her hand. Dara finally looked up and saw him sniffing the caffeinated drink and taking a sip from it. Her face was still unreadable but still he raised a curious brow.

 

“No spice?” he asked, referring to her usual coffee with that extra ‘kick’.

 

She shook her head, her eyes darting back to the plethora of articles. “I need to be sober for this.” She said simply and the latter just nodded in response.

 

After a few more quiet minutes, a noise suddenly played from her phone and his ears perked up at the sound of a loud audience. He was craning his neck to see what she was watching but he quickly cringed and shrank down in his seat when a familiar voice entered his ears. He face-palmed himself and inwardly sighed at the creeping embarrassment he was starting to feel.

 

“I love you and congratulations, Tokki… Thank you for everything.”

 

Jiyong groaned and went to take a drink from her cup again. He muttered a soft curse when he forgot that it didn’t have any alcohol in it. Finally, Dara put her phone face-down on the table and looked up at him with blank eyes. She drank from the cup and he found himself blushing when she sipped from the part where he did. When did he become such a girl about this? He mentally shook his head.

 

“Did you think that this was going to work on me, Kwon Jiyong?”

 

Her tone was icy and the impassive sound in her voice made him shudder. Did he do it wrong? Sitting quietly, he thought about what he had done. He just told the whole world that he was in love with her. Memories of him announcing his past relationships started to flood in his mind and he immediately paled at his spot. The girls he dated openly were bashed and even threatened. Dara was the only girl that he confessed his feelings to in a public broadcast. Jesus, did he just unintentionally dug her grave?!

 

Dara opened to say something but she was so rudely interrupted by the overly concerned man in front of him. “You don’t have to worry. I’m going to protect you at all cost! I’m never going to tell the whole world who you are so you can still live freely. I don’t want you to feel burdened. God, I’m so sorry for being irrational. I wasn’t thinking properly… I just wanted to tell the whole world and—”

 

“Stop.” She interjected. “Just stop it, okay?”

 

He nodded gravely as they continued to sit in silence. They were in Teddy’s café again. They hadn’t come back to this place after their first non-date. They were at the 2nd floor and it was quiet and desolate as usual. There wasn’t even a server in sight like before. It was as if they had rented out the whole floor just so they could’ve had this talk. With their money, they could have done that as easily as opening a door but that wasn’t the case. It was like the staffs in the café were too intimidated by their ominous presence that they made an agreement to leave the two alone. They didn’t even bother taking Jiyong’s order.

 

 “Did you think that what you did was going to work, Kwon Jiyong?” She repeated.

 

Jiyong met her gaze and smiled a little. “I sure as hell hope it did.” He mumbled, more to himself.

 

An incredulous-sounding laugh suddenly reverberated around the room and he turned to her with despair in his eyes.

 

“Did you really think that that was going to work on me?” Dara almost scoffed. “Did you think that that little thing would compensate for all the hurt you made me feel? Did you think that that would make me love you again? Did you really think I’m some shallow girl that falls for that, Jiyong?”

 

His mouth slightly opened, feeling an overwhelming dread engulf him as she looked at him dead in the eyes. He vowed to himself that he was going to do better but his better still wasn’t good enough. He clamped his sweaty hands together and bit his lips, forcing the tears back in his eyes. He needed to be strong. He can’t let her see him breaking down and looking as if he was in a brink of giving up.

 

“You are so stupid.” He saw how he rubbed her face tiredly and the only thing Jiyong wanted to do was wrap her in his arms and get rid of the exhaustion she was feeling. “So ing stupid.”

 

“I-I’m sorry, Dara… I didn’t know what to—”

 

“You’re so stupid, Kwon Jiyong.”

 

She shook her head at him and sighed shakily.

 

“Everything you ing do works for me, you goddamn idiot.”

 

His brows twitched with confusion but then his face slowly contorted into one of happiness.

 

“The way you speak, the way you look… hell, even the way you stand! They all ing work on me! Why did you have to do this to yourself?!” she snapped, bursting out in tears.

 

Jiyong let out a relieved sigh and moved his chair near her to embrace her tight. Even when she was supposed to be worrying for herself, she still put him as a priority. What did he do to get such a girl? Dara continued to cry on his shoulder while punching his chest in the process. Soon, her hits started to really hurt and he had to stifle a few winces under his breath.

 

“What the is wrong with you?! Now the media is going to hassle you non-stop! How can you be so stupid??? Why did I fall for such a stupid man?! You’re really infuriating!!!”

 

He can’t help but let out a smirk as he nestled his face in her hair. “I love you, Dara.” He smiled.

 

Dara stilled under him before giving him a harder punch in the chest. He grimaced but his expression soon changed into a giddy stare. “I’M MAD AT YOU!” she snapped but he only kissed her nose.

 

“But you still love me~” he teased.

 

“KWON JIYONG!”

 

“Dara.” He cupped her face and made sure she looked at him. He smiled lightly and looked at her with sad eyes. “Do you still love me?”

 

She shook her head.

 

Jiyong was about to feel dejected when she said, “I couldn’t even stop loving you even if I wanted to.”

 

“Dara…”

 

“I was still hurt at what you did to me but… I just… I still love you even after all of that.” She mumbled.

 

Almost desperately, Jiyong started to rain kisses on her face and the girl was left to giggle under him. He hugged her again by the neck and he was overjoyed to feel Dara’s arms snake around his waist. Butterflies were all he could feel in his stomach. They swarmed around his body and left him tingling with a sort of excitement. He kissed her head one more time before he settled on her shoulder and trying to suppress the huge grin on his face.

 

“Can you be my girlfriend?”

 

Dara looked up at him and he swore he saw mischief in her eyes. He peered at her suspiciously and she tried to move away from his grasp but he wouldn’t let her. She just scowled and eventually rested her head back on his shoulder. “Earn it.” He heard her mutter and he whined in response.

 

“Haven’t I already done enough~” he complained, lightly hitting his head with hers.

 

She rolled her eyes. “Not as much as I did.”

 

Jiyong pouted at her and Dara with her smirking face kissed that pouty little mouth. He widened his eyes at first before breaking into a smile and responding to her kiss. Just as things were about to get heated, Dara pulled away earning her an annoyed grunt. She stuck her tongue out playfully before giving his lips one last peck. He grinned and was about to kiss her back when she suddenly covered his mouth. He grumbled and just smooched her palm. She giggled.

 

“Fine but I’m already calling dibs on you so you better not let anyone else date you.” He narrowed his eyes at her. “You still love me though, right?”

 

Dara rolled her eyes for the second time. “Whatever you want, Jiyong-ssi.”

 

“Yah, stop calling me that…” he frowned.

 

She chuckled and tapped his cheek. “You’re cute, Jiyong-ssi.”

 

“Dara.” He glared at her.

 

“I’ll stop when you do me one thing.” He nodded eagerly and listened on. “Stay strong, okay. Don’t let the media eat you up again. I don’t mind if you tell them about us but just be careful with your words. You know how easily they can manipulate what comes out of that billion won mouth of yours.” She explained.

 

His heart warmed at the genuine concern in her voice. He nodded gratefully and pressed his lips on her temple. “Thank you, Dara. I promise that I’ll be careful… You be careful too alright? It’s a good thing that they still don’t know who you are.” He sighed, rubbing her back. “I don’t know what I’d do when I find you getting harassed by them…”

 

Dara shrugged, “They’re gonna find out eventually… I’m just telling you to stand firm and not let anyone get to you. I’m here, okay? I’m gonna be fine… as long as you’re with me of course.” She narrowed her eyes jokingly and then giggled.

 

“You sound like a girlfriend already, Dara-yahhhhh~” he whined again, shaking his shoulders like a kid amidst a tantrum. “Just seal the deal and make me yoursssssss.”

 

“No, I want you to suffer!” she laughed maniacally.

 

“C’mon, you love me and I love you! We’re practically going out now with all this skinship we’re doing!” he complained. “I mean, can you really say no to this???” he then pointed at his pouting face and Dara put her palm over it. He let out an annoyed breath and glared at her again.

 

“YAH, WHY ARE YOU GLARING AT ME??” she suddenly snapped making him jolt in surprise and widen his eyes.

 

“I-I… I’m sorry! Oh god, I didn’t mean it! I just did it on reflex, I swear! Wipe that angry look on your face, please.” He started desperately massaging her furrowed brows. “Aigoo, now you’re not gonna date me. You can hit me if it makes you feel any better! C’mon Dara, hit me! Hit me—”

 

“Aiyyoooo, you’re so cute~” she drawled, pinching his cheek.

 

“Daraaaaaaaaaa”

 

“Alright, fine.” She sighed dramatically.

 

“Fine what? FINE WHAT, DARA?!”

 

“Get me more coffee first.” She nudged him away.

 

“Darrrrraaaaaaaaa!”

 

“Go before I change my mind, Kwon Jiyong-ssi!”

 

Despite the annoyance etched on his face, he still managed to smile and kiss her on the cheek. He hurriedly got up and practically hopped down the stairs to get to the kitchen faster. Suddenly, he was bombarded by a number of flashing cameras as well as a few shrieks. He froze on his spot and stared at the room in front of him with unease.

 

“IT’S G-DRAGON!”

 

“CAN I HAVE AN AUTOGRAPH???”

 

“ARE YOU ON A DATE WITH TOKKI?????”

 

He stepped back cautiously and eyed the security he brought earlier before running back upstairs. It wasn’t this bad when he came in earlier. Only a few spotted him here but they were loyal YG staff. He could’ve sworn that he—they—were safe but he guessed that he underestimated the power of the paparazzi and a handful of nosy fans.

 

Dara blinked as she saw Jiyong breathing heavily towards her with worry on his face. She could hear the commotion downstairs getting louder and the panic on his face already told him what happened down there. She sighed and reached for him, resting his head on her shoulder and soothing his back. His hug was tight. It was as if it was the last embrace that they were going to share.

 

“We’re gonna be okay, Jiyong.” She assured him.

 

“But what about you—”

 

“Hey,” she leaned back and brushed her thumbs on his cheeks. “I’m one tough girl to bring down.” She scoffed. “I would scare them.”

 

He was able to let out a soft laugh despite the anxiety that he was feeling deep down. Dara always had a knack for finding a positive thing amidst all the negativity, he noticed. He noticed that one more thing was going to be added to his reasons for staying with her too. She just kept getting better and better in his eyes and he loved it.

 

Dara told him that Teddy had built a ‘secret’ emergency exit in the building. She walked them towards a huge wall-mounted mirror that had thick wood borders on it. Jiyong looked at quizzically before he stared at it in complete amazement when Dara pushed the glass mirror and opened to reveal a room with a staircase on the other side. He continued to stare at the secret door in awe. The wooden borders were stuck on the wall and it gave the impression that the glass was glued on it. Dara stepped inside and Jiyong could just look at her dumbly with his mouth still agape.

 

“Holy .” It came out as a whisper.

 

Dara laughed and pulled him inside. He saw her close the window, essentially situating the mirror back in its place on the other side. His eyes followed the stairc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter