THE EX-GIRLFRIENDS OF THE APOCALYPSE

"Low-key" Crushing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Have you ever read those stories where a girl doesn’t believe she’s pretty but the rest of the population thinks otherwise (hence the overly exaggerated gaping mouths)?

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?”

 

Yeah, that totally doesn’t apply to me.

 

“Sorry! Sorry! I’m so sorry!” I said frantically, scurrying away while I was at it.

 

I ‘inconspicuously’ put the fancy metal tray I was holding on the ground and ran far away from it as possible. I got a few weird and judgmental looks from people but I had no time to individually give them the finger. Kwon Jiyong—my baby—is in deep trouble! He is surrounded by a plethora of women with too much appeal. AND HE DATED MORE THAN HALF OF THEM!

 

Jesus Christ, that man really needs to be restrained. He’s like the plague. A y plague that infects women and leaves them only wanting more of him.

 

That’s not how plagues work. People usually die—

 

They died by his charms and handsomeness so now they’re zombies for him!!!

 

You’re clearly over exaggerating.

 

REALLY? Was I not subtle enough?!

 

Anyways…

 

My Jiyong senses keep tingling. The hairs on my arms were rising up to the sky like those heels on that lady holy how can she walk in those?! Ehem. I keep feeling that there was something that wasn’t right in the force and seeing as I’m in the horde of the obnoxiously beautiful and chic, I definitely know the reason why.

 

Christ why did I have to dress like the help?

 

No, stop it Dara! You are adorable and the help are a bunch of good people so you better not look down at them.

 

With a new-found confidence in my blood and nerve-induced pit stains on my pits, I held my chin up high and ed the second button on top of my blouse. Yeah baby we’re going for risqué tonight. I had my hair up into a messy pony tail and I decided to let my wild mane free like the galloping horses in the wild.

 

Okay, you’re similes are way too—

 

“Fabulous.” I whispered to myself, brushing my hair with my fingers. I noticed a few odd looks my way and I suddenly remembered what my inner self prepped me for this.

 

The cool will forever be the cool .

 

I gave them a noncommittal side glance and walked away without even sparing a smile. I’m sorry but for the sake of my dwindling appearance, I have to forgo my natural instinct of being a social butterfly.

 

Pfft, keep telling yourself that.

 

I abruptly stopped making the person behind me hiss in annoyance before stalking off. Narrowing my eyes at nothing in particular, I sniffed the air. He was close. I could smell that y fruity scent that Jiyong always had. He wasn’t far. I nodded to myself as if I had something to nod to.

 

This was a one woman mission and it was a dangerous one at that. And oh my god, it’s time to face my first enemy of the night.

 

“Why hello there, little Princess.” She smiled.

 

It’s the weird chick.

 

I bowed respectfully and smiled as naturally as I could. “Good evening, Sulli-ssi.”

 

She waved a dismissive hand and put an arm around my shoulder, pulling me close to her. “Please, call me Jin-ri.” She whispered in my ear. I can’t say that I found it oddly seductive yet totally creepy at the same time. Sulli was truly a character.

 

“Neh, Sulli-ssi.” I mumbled, trying to pry away from her but she just pulled my closer much to my discomfort.

 

Foe #1 was wearing a black nightie-looking dress that reached her ankles. It also had a relatively huge slit on the side that barely reached below her line. I know she wasn’t some sort of . I mean, no one in their right mind wants to be a . I personally believe that it just happens, y’know. And like I said, I don’t think she’s a . I think she’s going through an ‘I don’t give a ’ phase and just going on a full-blown Miley Cyrus transformation.

 

I don’t want to say this out loud but her s are sticking out.

 

“What brings ya here?” she asked playfully.

 

I’ll tell you now that she wasn’t drunk. The smell of her breath was minty fresh and she didn’t have a single tint of blush on her cheeks. Her actions however begged to differ. The girl acted like she’s been drinking since birth with how wobbly and fidgety she was. Are her ankles okay or what?

 

I cleared my throat and tried to stick my chest out. “Just cruising around, y’know.” I shrugged.

 

She laughed a silent laugh and the personal bubble I’ve treasured has long been popped. If she moves any closer, her lips are gonna touch my cheek. I’m not a lesbian or anything but I don’t know why she’s making me question myself. She’s attractive… in an innocent kind of way… an innocent kind of way.

 

“How’s my Jiyongie?” she whispered. “You must be… very happy.”

 

I rolled my eyes and gave her a look. Is she insinuating that I’d get jealous of her lame attempts? “Yes, I’m very happy because he’s all mine.” I smiled. “Heart, mind…” I paused for dramatic effect. “And body.” I whispered back.

 

Her eyes slowly widened but the amusement in her expression was still there. I don’t know how to react with this girl. Was she trying to provoke me or is she just making conversation? Whatever it is, momma’s getting hella provoked. She grinned rather slyly and nodded in acknowledgement.

 

Jiyong and Sulli readily denied their relationship as soon as it surfaced but YG was a place of cold, hard truth. Even though they labelled their relationship as “completely ridiculous”, YG family doesn’t keep secrets from family—especially if it’s about dating. The whole building knew about the real deal between them but they only dated for a short time. I never saw them together but I’ve heard stories… which eventually led to me writing more break-up or depressing songs.

 

I didn’t know how it happened but the next thing I knew there was a shutter sound and something warm was touching my jaw. I was dumbfounded for a second before I looked at Sulli as if she lost her mind. She winked at me and mumbled a cutesy “send” to herself and she kissed me again on the cheek!!!

 

????

 

How do you respond to that? Should I piss my pants to mark my territory? Wait, what am I even talking about?

 

“I bet Jiyong’s doing real good with his tongue, hmm?”

 

I blushed at her statement and I tried to hide my flustered face with a cough. I haven’t allowed Jiyong to ‘do real good with his tongue’ since AACCKKK it’s so embarrassing!!!!! I-I… gosh, I just can’t! I’d think I die when I see his face in between my GAAAAHHHHHH stop ittttttt!!!! I know that we’ve done more than just 3rd base but I still can’t fathom imagining him in such a position. I mean, I’m all for being on the giving end but receiving it is a big ‘no thanks, pal, your is good enough for me’.

 

“Y-yeah, he’s real good.” I was a fidgeting mess. Goddammit, why are we having a talk in the middle of a dignified event?

 

She stared at me for a moment before her finger traced the side of my face, her lip curving up to a smirk. “He hasn’t done it to you yet.” It was more of a statement than a question. I averted my gaze from her and opted to scan the place for my boyfriend.

 

“Won’t he get tired?” I stilled. “Jiyong’s adventurous. He might’ve let you have him but you’re not allowing him to explore more things. I’m just wondering,” she paused, looking at me intently. “if he’d like to have a little more fun and a little less… boredom.”

 

Al-ing-right, someone hold my earrings. SOMEONE HOLD MY ING EARRINGS.

 

“I may not be comfortable with some things but the only difference between you and me is that we actually love and respect each other.” I seethed, gritting my teeth. “I don’t really give a rat’s about what you think but I have my pride too. I’m doing my best and I don’t need anyone to ing tell me what I need to do.” I made a move to push away from her but she suddenly gripped my wrist and held me in place.

 

I was scared for the life of me but I didn’t want to give her the satisfaction of showing a reaction. I’m a strong, proud woman goddammit. She took a threatening step closer and I braced my entire body for a good hard slap or some hair pulling. My breath hitched when she suddenly kissed me on the lips. I widened my eyes and immediately pushed her away. Was this considered cheating?! Oh my god oh my god oh my god I’m gonna go to hell. I furiously wiped my lips and shot her an angry look.

 

“What the hell?!” I whisper shouted since I didn’t really wanna cause a big commotion.

 

Sulli her lips and put a hand on her hip. “Now I know why he hasn’t broken up with you yet.” She observed, scanning me. “You’re one feisty little thing.”

 

I didn’t know why but I blushed. “W-What—I have a boyfriend!” I blurted out all of the sudden. A few heads snapped to my direction and I fled instinctively to avoid more attention to myself.

 

I could hear Sulli laugh and clap in amusement and I could just shake my head at our weird encounter. I still didn’t know what to feel about her. She was friendly enough for me to stay with her for more than a minute but she was too handsy for my comfort zone. I act familiarly with people but she’s just a whole other level. I swear, if she trapped me in a room with a bed, I would probably see myself doing the unspeakable with her—EHEM, no Dara, you’re attracted to men, more specifically, Kwon Jiyong.

 

My head kept snapping back every few seconds in fear of the succubus following me. Since I was prone to getting myself into , I bumped on someone—hard—sending both of us to the ground. I landed on my with a wince and if it weren’t for my pencil skirt, I wouldn’t have landed so goddamn gracefully. There were a few people helping the other girl up but no one bothered to help me. Tch. At least I’m a strong, independent, proud woman that doesn’t need no help.

 

As I was pushing myself up and straightening my posture, a figure scurried towards me with a worried expression. You might be thinking, was it Jiyong?

 

“Are you alright? Did I hurt you?”

 

Ex-girlfriend #2 – Ahn Sohee

 

“N-No, no! I’m totally fine.” I smiled awkwardly. “Are you okay? You fell too. I’m sorry, I wasn’t looking my way.”

 

“No worries, I’m not hurt at all! I’m more worried about you—wait!” she squeaked. “You’re…”

 

She’s gonna say it. I swear she’s gonna say it. Don’t say it please.

 

“Jiyong’s girlfriend!” she whispered excitedly.

 

I let out a relieved breath at her kind consideration. She knew about the people surrounding us and she must’ve known what I was going through if she decided not to shout my infamous reputation to the crowd of sharks. A lot of people don’t know this but Sohee is actually a really nice girl—one of the nicest girls that I know. It may not seem like it since she often plays the or the ditzy, innocent character in her dramas and movies.

 

She was one of the first stars that Jiyong dated. I think it started with that collaboration with Wonder Girls and word eventually got around that they were rumored to be dating. It was only when I was formally in YG that my suspicion about them became true. Of course, they weren’t dating anymore when I entered, but they did date long before.

 

I actually met her once when I was in college. She was still in Wonder Girls but at that time when I saw her, she was in a complete disguise. I was a part of the Music Education program for the first half of my college year before I changed majors. During that time, my class did a little volunteering gig by helping students out with their instruments and one of the outside volunteers had been Sohee. And she was really good with kids. She was just a complete sweetheart! She didn’t look fake or plastic at all. She was genuinely a really nice girl. 

 

But I’m a genuinely nice girl too.

 

“I loved your acting in Train to Busan!” I squealed. “You showed your emotion really well! You moved me to tears, girl~”

 

She laughed shyly and rested a hand on my arm. “Thank you, Sandara-ssi.”

 

“Please, call me Dara.” I smiled and I got a cheerful nod in response.

 

“Congratulations on your MAMA win by the way! You totally deserved it!!!” she then proceeded to hug me and I gladly hugged her back.

 

From the corner of my eye I could see people watching us and whispering to themselves. Some of them look foreign so they might not know who I was. Thank god for that. But for the most part, it was the Koreans who kept a watchful eye on us. Some even had the decency to come closer so they could listen on our conversation. I wanted to scowl but I had the urge to be nice because I was in the presence of Sohee so I decided against it. She was like Mother Teresa compared to me.

 

“Aigoo, Sohee is so nice!” I heard someone squeal making me inwardly wince.

 

“Isn’t that G-Dragon’s girlfriend?”

 

“Sohee?”

 

“No, the one she’s talking to!”

 

The person grunted. “Whyyyy? Sohee and G-Dragon were so good together! GD needs a good girl—”

 

“I haven’t seen you volunteering at Seoul Arts. The kids miss you, Sohee-yah. I feel so lonely volunteering without you there!” I said, side-eying the gossiping people. Yeah, you heard it, I volunteer. I’ve been doing it sporadically over the years when I had some spare time. Yeah, I can be Mother Teresa too.

 

She frowned sadly and sighed. “I know! I’m sorry Dara. I was too busy helping my brother get back on track.” She leaned closer so that I was the only one who could hear her whisper, “He just recovered from an accident and I’m doing everything I can to spend my time with him. I know he’s still coping with it and I just had to comfort him throughout his recovery. I’m really sorry, Dara. I swear when I’ll squeeze myself back to volunteering soon. I miss those little cuties too.”

 

God… dammit.

 

Don’t falter!

 

“N-No, you don’t need to apologize!” I chuckled awkwardly before swallowing the lump on my throat. “I love your dress by the way! It suits your beauty and simplicity! You look like a complete goddess~”

 

Good transition, good transition!

 

“If I’m a goddess then you must be the queen of all goddess!” What a great jab! “Your no make-up look is emphasizing your elegance and grace. You’re really so beautiful Dara. Jiyong is so lucky to have you!”

 

I would’ve cursed her right now if there was a hint of mocking in her soft little voice but there wasn’t any. She was just genuinely so nice. Oh god, my kind pride! I-I’m losing!!!

 

The people who were surrounding us where cheering for Sohee passionately. It was like we were really in a boxing ring and the crows was making bets on who would win. So far, they were all rooting for Sohee. But you know what, I was the underdog and underdogs always win somehow.

 

Sweat was already forming on my head and on my pits but I stayed upright, not letting them see that my body was weaking from her numerous compliments.

 

“I love your top! It suits you so well. It makes you look cute and y~” She giggled. “Oh what am I saying, anything would suit you!”

 

“OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”

 

Was that really necessary? I tried not to look incredulously at the overhyped crowd but failed when one of them caught me. I guess that was one more point for Sohee. The girl didn’t seem fazed at all. I don’t know if she’s clueless to our lowkey nice battle here or she just didn’t want to acknowledge it. Whatever it is, she’s crushing me either way.

 

“M-My dongsaeng… I’m paying for his school to rid of my parents the burden of working at their old age. I would sacrifice anything just so my family would live happily and comfortably. And the same goes for everyone too. I don’t feel like I can achieve true happiness when I see the people around me sad. I’d always put them ahead of myself.” I softly held her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. “If you need anything—anything at all—please don’t hesitate to call or message me, okay?”

 

“OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”

 

“OH , THAT’S SO NOBLE!”

 

I closed my eyes in triumph as the crowd started cheering for me. Feeling exhausted, I found myself kneeling down on the ground and relinquishing the people’s applause. But then all of the sudden…

 

“Someone get me some wat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter