MAMA AND ME [m]

"Low-key" Crushing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Oh my god, you scared the bejeezus out of me.”

 

Jiyong smiled and caught her hand, pulling her to an empty hallway and into an unsuspecting closet. Dara looked around the place cautiously before sneaking a peck on his lips. He smiled brighter at that.

 

“Are you sure we’re supposed to be doing this?”

 

The man looked offended. “I know what I’m doing.”

 

“Arasso, arasso. Whatever doesn’t get your in a twist.” She nodded flippantly but then she suddenly froze and looked at her boyfriend with bulging eyes. “Put them back on, Kwon Jiyong.” She muttered in a controlled breath, blushing profusely.

 

The smirk was now permanently plastered on his face. His fingers hooked tightly on the edges of her underwear and grazed them further down her thighs. Thank god for skirts. “It looks like one of us is going to be -less.” She shied away when he whispered in her ear.

 

“J-Jiyong…!” And the last thing she knew, he was already kissing her, hungry and senseless.

 

Where are they and why are they doing some hanky-panky in broad daylight?

 

“So wet…”

 

“Oh my god, shut u—ahhh… hmmm…”

 

It’s that time of the year again. It was the biggest award show in South Korea that's ironically hosted in a different country. The ‘Big One’ as it’s colloquially known.

 

“R-Right there… Oh! Oh… Oh , I ing love you!!!”

 

Jiyong’s lips curled up to a playful smirk before nibbling on her sweet skin.

 

They were here in Hong Kong doing a rehearsal for the annual Mnet Asian Music Awards. Many artists and fans have traveled far for this grandiose event. Idols ranging from senior groups to rookies have gathered to showcase their talent, with some having the honor to be awarded for their music and skills.

 

“Yeah baby… uuugggh… y-you’re so ing good.”

 

The idol groups legitimately have no idea if they will win or not. They only ever know that they’re nominated. However, it doesn’t work that way with the other categories. Since the other categories are not well-known, they don’t need their reactions to be broadcasted. It’s a tough world in showbiz but that’s how it worked.

 

They surely missed out though because Dara’s reaction? There are no words that would best describe that girl’s expression. It was like she’s going through the 5 stages of grief. 

 

But in this case, it’s the 5 stages of Dara.

 

Mysterious Impassiveness

 

“What’s that?”

 

Bom shrugged disinterestedly and threw the sealed envelope on the confused girl’s lap. Dara, Jiyong, and Bom were currently in the boss man’s office along with the boss man himself. It was supposed to be a private meeting between Dara and Hyunsuk regarding her growing name as a producer but Jiyong—who was now a certified Dara protector™ by trade—was now bound to her by the hips and went to wherever she went. Hyunsuk was slightly ticked off by the brat but eventually caved in with his whimsies. And then his niece let herself through the door saying that she was a major shareholder so she had the right to enter his office whenever she liked.

 

It was a blessing that this stressed man still had a full head of hair.

 

Jiyong scrunched his brows skeptically as he read the letter sender’s address. “CJ E&M…?” he threw his girlfriend a distressed and crestfallen expression. “Don’t tell me you’re changing companies?” he muttered lowly, his heart aching by the second at that thought.

 

The scowling redhead roughly nudged the billion dollar idol in the head earning her a death glare. The man winced when she shot him the same intense look. He quietly scooted closer to Dara for protection while his girlfriend continued to look curiously at the Manila envelope. “Read it closely, you retard. It says it’s for MAMA.” His manager said.

 

“Holy .” Jiyong completely forgot that he’s in the presence of his superior. Who cares anyway? He knew that Hyunsuk loved him to death. I mean, who wouldn’t? he thought smugly to himself. So with that he repeated, “Holy , do you know what this means, babe?” An excited grin was creeping up on his lips as he watched Dara’s calm face. “C’mon, open it.” He gently urged, holding her hand reassuringly.

 

Wordlessly, Dara’s fingers brushed against the envelope and opened it without a second thought. She almost ripped it apart if it weren’t for the address sticker that held the envelope together for its dear life. They heard her heave an audible breath. Her pupils dilated just as her nostrils widened at the obnoxiously huge intake of breath. The girl was all kinds of extra. A little too extra, perhaps.

 

They watched her intently as she carefully removed the crisp white paper—you know that kind of paper that gives you those ‘aww dawg, a beautiful sturdy tree died to make this nice- paper’; yeah, that kind. Her hands started to tremble as she read the letter word for word. When she breathed a quivering sigh, their concern slightly grew.

 

But then her lips erupted into a shaky smile.

 

“Oh my god.” She said breathlessly.

 

From 0 to 100

 

“Oh my god.”

 

“What is it?” Jiyong asked excitedly.

 

Dara paid him no mind and repeated the same words, “Oh my god…”

 

Bom made a big sigh and shook her head. “Why does she always do this?’

 

“Oh my god.”

 

Hyunsuk shrugged. “For dramatic effect?”

 

Feeling impatient, Jiyong took the paper out of Dara’s hands and read the fine print. His face was slowly contorting one of pure joy and relief.

 

“Oh my god…”

 

“Dramatic effect, huh? Do you think she’ll be a good actress, samchon?”

 

YG snorted, “When is she not a good actress? The girl is a walking theatre play. She’s normal for a second and then she’s animated the next.” He shook his head.

 

“You did it, baby.” Jiyong smiled at the paper, still in a state of shock. Before he could turn to her and give Dara a hug, the girl abruptly stood up with a mega-watt smile on her face.

 

“Get ready for the Chihuahua.” Bom whispered.

 

They watched as she heaved an audible sigh. Dara opened her eyes and visibly trembled with excitement.

 

“HOLY ING , I WON! I WON! I ING WON IN THE BIGGEST AWARD SHOWS IN KOREA OH MY JESUS MARY JOSEPH GOD HAVE MERCY ON ME WHAT DID I DO TO RECEIVE SUCH A LIFE OH MY GOD.” She paused and took a breath.

 

They just watched in stupor as she bounced around the office like a deranged orangutan looking for a banana.

 

“I BEAT SHINSADONG TIGER, BRAVE BROTHERS, DUBLE SIDEKICK, AND G-DRAGON!” Dara suddenly stopped in front of Kwon Jiyong only to point directly at his nose. “I BEAT YOU!” she squealed.

 

Jiyong chuckled and raised his arms in defeat, “You beat me.” He mused even though he wasn't nominated this year. He was a past winner for the same award though.

 

Bom lightly nudged the guy in the shoulder making him look up at her. “Dara likes rubbing her victory in everyone’s faces.” She explained as Sandara Park continued to talk smack about the other producers that were nominated against her. “Back out now while you still can.” She said but Jiyong just shook his head amusedly.

 

“I’M THE BEST, WOOOOO I’M THE BEST. I AM THE BEST.” And then she stopped dead on her tracks. “I. Am. The. Best.” She started nodding suspiciously to herself.

 

“What’s happening?”

 

“I am the best.” Dara droned, nodding.

 

“It’s probably all the drugs she’s smoking.” Bom yawned.

 

Dara suddenly turned her face to them with her grinning face. “Holy , I just came up with a song. I’m such a ing genius. I am the best. I mean, I’m a ing genius!” she said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. “I’m the best. I’m the best. I’m the best.” Dara was a humble girl at heart. “Oh this is gonna be a hit!”

 

The Tears

 

And

 

The Unnecessary Gratitude

 

They suddenly heard a sob and out of instinct, Jiyong immediately looked at Dara only to see her lying on the ground. Hurriedly, he scampered over to her body to find her streaming with tears as she trembled. To say that Kwon Jiyong was worried was a complete understatement.

 

“Babe, babe?” he lightly shook her. “Tell me what’s wrong, please.”

 

“I-I’m ju-ust so h-happy!!!!” she bawled, rubbing her face on the questionably clean carpet. “I r-really won!”

 

Jiyong sat beside her and rubbed a comforting hand on her arm. “You really won.” He smiled softly and kissed her tear-stained cheek. “I’m proud of you, Sandara Park.”

 

Dara sniffed, looking at him. And then she cried even louder and hugged him desperately by the waist. Jiyong tensed in his spot and patted her with an awkward hand. Her face was dangerously close to the caged Jiyong Junior and she still affected him even though she looked like she's been wrecked by a tornado.

 

“I w-won you too!” Dara sobbed, wiping her face on his stomach. Jiyong flinched a bit. “You’re the best prize of them all, Kwon Jiyong!!! You're the gift that keeps on givingggg.” Her boyfriend blushed. “Ask me why he’s the best prize!” she shouted but when no one answered, she repeated herself in an angrier tone. Hyunsuk gave in.

 

“Because he gives me mind-blowing s!!!!!”

 

With that, Hyunsuk abruptly left the room while Bom just scowled at her. Jiyong was blushing but there was a smug smile playing on his lips. Dara pointed at his chest and looked at him with utmost conviction while she still looked like a complete train wreck. “I am in love with you and your .”

 

“You are goddamn disgusting.” Bom cringed.

 

Despite that, Jiyong looked completely triumphant. There was no trace of embarrassment on his face whatsoever. “Is she drunk?” he asked, mindlessly nodding at Dara as she continued to chant about her love for him and his downstairs area. It definitely boosted his morale.

 

His manager shook her head and sighed. “Unfortunately not. She’s going through a phase right now, give her a couple of minutes and she’ll be less annoying.”

 

“And Kiko Mizuhara can put her head up her because my boyfriend does not have a small !” she exclaimed, referring to a popular tabloid that said that Jiyong had a small wee-wee. Rumor has it that it was Kiko who spilled that tea. Anyways, Jiyong puffed his chest out in glee at her remark while Bom rolled her eyes. “He’s even bigger and better than Hyuk!”

 

Jiyong flushed, patting his cheek and waving a hand like some country girl receiving a compliment. The girl really knew how to boost his ego. Jiyong Junior also gave her a salute as thanks. He was happy when she said that he was well-endowed but now he’s over the moon when she told him that he was better than his one-sided nemesis.

 

Life's great, he sighed contentedly. His girlfriend was awesome, his was of great length, and his techniques (as she elaborated with hand motions) were phenomenal. He didn’t know how their celebration turned into a ual talk but it, he was so goddamn satisfied with himself.

 

“I’ve seen it. Not really that big compared to Seunghyun’s.” Bom shrugged, throwing that ‘low-key’ shade.

 

Dara gasped, pushing herself off the ground. “Are you blind??? And please, the only thing Seunghyun’s big at is his height.”

 

Now it was her turn to gasp. “.” She mumbled. “Oh no you didn’t.”

 

Jiyong snapped out of his joyous reverie and reminded her that, “BABE! YOU WON A MAMA AWARD!!!!”

 

Complete Bliss

 

Dara stilled and sat herself back down on the ground with a small smile on her face. She found herself being caught in a warm hug by no other than the man who she’s been yearning for, for most of her life. Here comes another round of feeling all sentimental and philosophical.

 

“I won.” She chuckled, unbelievingly. Dara directed her blinking eyes at her boyfriend and repeated the same line. “I won… Really?”

 

“Really.” He smiled, kissing her head. “And you deserve it, Dara. I’m so ing proud of you.” He hugged her tighter.

 

“But what about JYP… Teddy oppa… Shinsadong Tiger—”

 

Jiyong cupped her face and interrupted her by capturing her lips. Dara replied with the same languid movements. Closed-eyed, she smiled resting her forehead on his as he brushed his thumbs over her cheeks. “They already had their chance.” He said softly. “You’re an amazing producer, Tokki. And no one will ever question how talented you are. This is your year, Sandara Park…”

 

Bom laughed and shook her head while looking at them contentedly. “Do you know what year it is?” she mused. “It’s the year of the rabbit.”

 

Dara smiled gratefully and nuzzled closer to Jiyong, embracing him as tight as he did. She could feel his smiling lips as he pecked her on the neck. This only happens in dreams but she knew that she was wide awake. This was real and it was really happening.

 

It was the year of the rabbit.

 

It was the year of Sandara Park.

 

“I love you.” She breathed raggedly on his ear. “I love you so much.”

 

He smiled and wiped the sweat off the corner of her face with his sleeve. He gave her skin one last playful bite before removing himself from her and calming her slightly trembling body. Dara looked completely sated. It was as if she had been injected with some sort of calming drug. It was a good kind of drug, she thought to herself. And the name of it was no other than Kwon Jiyong.

 

After a couple of minutes of trying to sober up from each other, Dara started fixing herself up and so did Jiyong. Their love was classy enough to have done the deed inside an unsuspecting supply closet. Truly classy indeed.

 

She took out a compact makeup mirror from her purse and groaned when she saw multiple bite marks on her neck. Dara gave him a light shove while the latter just looked at her innocently. The small curl on the corner of his lip surely gave him away though.

 

“You’re too obsessed with vandalizing my body.” She shook her head in mirth.

 

Jiyong shrugged and wrapped and arm on her waist, pulling her closer to him. “They need to know that your mine.” He mumbled huskily.

 

She scoffed but her bright pink cheeks betrayed her. “We’re not supposed to be seen in public, you annoyingly y man. What will they think when they see these!” she said, pointing at her neck. The idol pursed his lips silently as he scanned her upset expression. She sighed, “I love you but I don’t want you in any more trouble, Jiyong. What are we gonna do?”

 

Jiyong pressed his lips in a thin line looking at her apologetic face. Silently, he took off his hoodie, his graphic tee, and then his white turtleneck leaving him half- with his jeans riding dangerously low. Dara gulped lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter