BE MINDFUL!

"Low-key" Crushing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A throaty groan emerged from his lips when he felt her warm hands slide against the skin of his stomach. He shuddered when her hot breath fanned his neck. He slowly opened his eyes to see Dara looking at him with… hunger? She her lips seductively making the man gulp. Her slender fingers traced his jaw in an almost taunting pace.

 

“Dara.” He moaned.

 

The girl smiled and suddenly placed her hand back on his stomach. The hairs on his arms began to rise in anticipation when her wandering hand started to move down… down… down…

 

Jiyong buckled awake and looked at the room frantically while his breath was ragged. His eyes stopped at the still sleeping girl beside him who had her leg draped on top of his. A deep blush formed on his face when he saw her bare stomach being displayed because of her sleeping position. He awkwardly pulled  her shirt down but she suddenly put her hand inside it and accidentally pulled it up—not just showing her stomach but the trim of her bra as well. Jiyong pursed his lips and looked away, covering his chest protectively.

 

His door suddenly slammed open revealing Dara’s mother. He saw her smile warmly at him before she walked up and kneeled beside Dara. Then, the mother pinched the girl’s ear and Dara screamed awake.

 

“I TOLD YOU THAT YOU’RE NOT ALLOWED TO SHARE ROOMS!”

 

“Aisht, it’s not like we did anything!” Dara shot back, glaring at her mother with her groggy morning face. “I just slept beside him.” She mumbled, her head nodding off into sleep again.

 

Mrs. Park looked at the idol apologetically and asked, “Did she do anything to you, Kwon-ssi?”

 

“Nope!” he said immediately. “Nope! Nope! Nope! We just slept! You know, since we were tired and all! Nope! Just slept!”

 

The mother looked at him suspiciously and just nodded. She then hooked Dara’s arm on her shoulder and dragged her out the room without another peep. Since the door was still opened, he saw Sanghyun walk by and quickly took a photo of him before walking away. Jiyong sighed tiredly and lied back on the bed with a loud thud. He rubbed his face frustratedly and looked up at the ceiling.  

 

Did he really just have that kind of dream about Dara?

 

Well of course he would! He was a healthy Korean man after all and plus, she was his girlfriend! She may not be trying to be y in no shape or form but that alone made her more alluring to him somehow. He did like a good chase. Jiyong reddened even more at the thought. But still! How could he think about Dara like that. She was like the epitome of pureness with her kindness, understanding, and eternal love—she was practically a resurrected Mother Teresa. That’s why he didn’t know how in the hell he dreamt of Dara with her… tempting hands and hot breath. Don’t forget that smile. Oh what he would do to get those soft lips on his—

 

A cold shower, that’s what he needs right now.

 

He hurriedly sprang up and looked for a bathroom in the room or even a spare change of clothes but there wasn’t any. Jiyong grimaced and walked out the door cautiously. He was surprised to find Sanghyun in the halls once again. Didn’t he just go downstairs a few seconds ago? Before he could ask him where the bathroom was, Sanghyun pointed at a door on the far left of the room and left him again for the second time. Dara’s brother was weird, he concluded.

 

Thinking that it was just an innocent bathroom, Jiyong opened the door distractedly to find Dara without any pajama bottoms. He almost had a heart attack.

 

“Oh.” She remarked. “Did you need something?”

 

He slammed the door closed and hurriedly ran downstairs. Oh my god, I’m not a offender.  He just walked in on her with pants-less (relax, she had underwear on) and that was how she reacted?! ‘Oh, did you need something’?????? Dara really was different from all the other girls he dated. She didn’t even seem flustered! In fact, he was the one who wanted to scream!

 

He really needed that cold shower.

 

Jiyong almost screamed when a hand touched his arm. He turned to see Mr. Park looking at him in shock. Well who wouldn’t? The boy looked like he had just witnessed a murder. “Are you alright, Jiyong-ssi?” the father asked.

 

He nodded and gave him an awkward smile. “I’m fine, samchon. I-it’s just… I…” Shower. “May I use your bathroom to take a quick shower?”

 

“Aigoo, the missus is at the bathroom right now.” He said apologetically. “I would offer you our bathroom but it’s currently being remodeled. And Sanghyun’s… I don’t think you want to use that boy’s bathroom… How about Dara’s?”

 

“N-neh?” Jiyong stuttered.

 

The older man raised a brow. “Is this your way of telling me not to trust you in my daughter’s room?”

 

“No, samchon! T-that’s not it! I just… want to respect your daughter’s privacy and…”

 

“And what, Jiyong-ssi?” the father mused, sitting back on his seat and muting the television. 

 

“I just want to respect her…” Jiyong blushed.

 

Mr. Park flashed him a rueful smile and lightly hit his arm. “I know your generation is very liberated… as they say. Tell me, boy, are you liberated?”

 

“Pardon?” What does that even mean? Jiyong scrunched his brows in confusion.

 

“Don’t be timid, Jiyong-ssi. I know you’ve dated a lot, even the whole country does.” Jiyong just wanted to bury himself to the ground and die. He already has an idea where this was going. “How many women have you liberated already?”

 

A trickle of sweat dropped down on his forehead as he straightened himself up. “N-none, sir…” he squeaked.

 

“Let’s not beat around the bush here.” Mr. Kwon was left unconvinced making Jiyong purse his lips.

 

“I-I’m not lying, sir.” God, this was embarrassing. “I really—”

 

“Appa! It’s way too early for your interrogations!!”

 

They snapped their heads towards Dara who quickly put herself between them, spreading her arms wide to protect her boyfriend. Jiyong restrained a chuckle while the father just shook his head amusedly. Mr. Park suddenly flicked the girl on the head making her growl at him. Both men finally shared a laugh.

 

“What were you two even talking about?” she glared.

 

Their laughter abruptly stopped and they both looked at each other expressionlessly to hide their inner turmoil. They maintained eye contact for a while before they finally nodded and looked back at the expectant girl.

 

“We’re talking about your mother.”

 

“We’re talking about shaving cream.”

 

The two men widened their eyes.

 

“We’re talking about if your mother uses shaving cream.” Mr. Park finished and was met by a pillow to the face.

 

“A-are you saying t-that I have a mustache?!” the mother screeched.

 

“A-ani!”

 

Before the bloodshed started, Dara dragged Jiyong back to her room much to his further awkwardness. Her boyfriend remained standing in the middle of the room while she closed the door. He gulped again when he heard the door click to a lock. And then she turned. Another gulp. She was wearing a shirt that was two-times bigger than her and a pair of ripped skinny jeans. He didn't know if she had just gotten out of a shower but nonetheless she smelled amazing.

 

“Why’d you leave earlier?” she asked, stepping closer to him.

 

He stepped back. “You w-were changing and I didn’t w-want to look like some ert.” He said honestly.

 

Dara was silent for a moment before her face went completely red. She cleared and glanced at him before blushing even deeper. “Thanks.” She mumbled.

 

Jiyong just nodded, rubbing his nape bashfully. “Can I use your bathroom?” he asked.

 

“Yeah! ...Did you want to take a shower? I can bring you a change of clothes if you want.”

 

“Sounds like a plan.” He smiled. Before she knew it, Jiyong suddenly tipped her chin and gave her a searing kiss that left her speechless for a second. He smiled again and looked for her bathroom before looking back at her. “Remember Dara, be mindful.” He said vaguely and then closed the door.

 

Dara’s heart wouldn’t stop beating as she threw herself on her bed. She muffled a shout on her pillow and blushed for the nth time.

 

It was working!

 

 

“Again? Why can’t we just stay in?” Jiyong complained.

 

Dara frowned while applying some lipstick on him. Her boyfriend grunted and gave her a nasty look. She stuck her tongue out and brushed Jiyong’s long wig. “Do you really want to stay here with my whole family?” she raised a brow.

 

Jiyong paused and then readily shook his head. She chuckled and patted his cheek to make it show a slight blush. He pulled her closer and locked her in place with his arm. They were having this makeover session on her bed with Dara straddling the man because he won’t let go of her. Talk about clingy but Dara just inhaled that right up like a hardcore drug addict. Momma was practically tingling in excitement.

 

“Besides, I wanted to show you something!” she cheered and Jiyong flashed a small smile.

 

His girlfriend didn’t look like she was still shaken up about the media following him. It didn’t even look like she had a clue that the media was looking for her too. At dinner, her father quickly changed channels when it showed Jiyong’s face while a bunch of talk show hosts talked about him. He noticed that the family was trying to hide the ‘extreme’ side of the news from her too and he was grateful that they took it into consideration. He expected them to show the news to Dara to ward her off of him but they didn’t only protect her, they protected their relationship too because of it.

 

Jiyong ruffled her hair and put her hood over her head before giving her a chaste kiss. “What will you show me?” he asked.

 

Dara merely grinned and shook her head. She brought him out of her room and they went downstairs to see her family casually minding their own business. Their heads quickly shot up when Dara cleared and almost immediately, their eyes all focused on the rich chaebol model beside Dara.

 

“I-is that Jiyong h-hyung?” Sanghyun stuttered. Jiyong groaned and hid behind the girl.

 

“Isn’t he pretty~!” Dara replied dreamily.

 

Jiyong glared at her. “I’m not pretty. I’m Asia’s most wanted bachelor.” He hissed in a whisper.

 

“Where are you going, Sandara?” her mother raised her brow.

 

“Just sight-seeing.”

 

Mr. Park looked at her daughter before looking at Jiyong. Her boyfriend caught the father’s serious gaze. “Is it really alright for the both of you to be outside?”

 

“Yeah, no one recognized Jiyong yesterday and we were in the most populated part of Seoul.” Dara said. “I doubt that we’ll get found out when there’s not even that much people here.”

 

“I’ll protect her, samchon.” Jiyong replied with conviction.

 

Her mother and brother scrunched their faces up while her father just deadpanned at him. Dara on the other hand, hit him on the chest like the shy girl that she was. She then grabbed his blouse and kissed him making his family share disgusted groans.

 

“I think I’ve lost some respect for Jiyong hyung…” Sanghyun frowned and then looked away.

 

Dara sighed contentedly as she pulled away while Jiyong was left in a sort of a trance. Chuckling, she dragged him out the door and gave her family a hasty goodbye. Jiyong finally snapped out when he found himself inside her car and he looked at her in confusion as she began to drive.

 

“Where are we going?”

 

She glanced at him before looking ahead. “Don’t you remember this place, Jiyong?”

 

Bemused, he looked at the window and found no recollection of the streets Dara passed by. The girl formed her lips into a thin line and glanced at him again.

 

“You really don’t remember, do you?” she mumbled. He turned to her silently and shook his head. “Didn’t your family used to live in Insadong?”

 

“Oh.” He said, “Yeah, we did… a long time ago.” Jiyong waited for a response but he never got one. He noticed that she was focusing intently on driving so he let her be. The road that they were taking was quite narrow so he understood her concentration. The seemingly estranged idol looked back at the traditional part of Seoul that he used to call

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter