A 'HARD' BET

"Low-key" Crushing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I bet you 1 billion won that you can’t last a week without making any ual innuendos, brow wiggling, a rousing game of footsie, suggestive touching, ting, giving sultry looks, French kissing, and last but not the least, having .”

 

Jiyong threw his head back in laughter and rested his elbows on the kitchen island behind him. “What makes you think I need more money? I don’t like the reward for this so-called bet.” He mused.

 

Dara smirked, brushing the dust off her thighs, inadvertently directing his gaze to her bare legs. He moistened his lips and moved his gaze back to her eyes only to find her grinning mischievously. “You’re evil.” He scoffed.

 

“Did I ever call myself a good girl?”

 

He made a grunt while she giggled.

 

“Fine, I’ll grant you a wish—anything you want. I know I’m gonna win anyway.” She mumbled the last one to herself but Jiyong heard it loud and clear.

 

Game ing on, sister.

 

“Done! Anything I want, alright?” Now it was his time to smirk. “What do you get if you win?”

 

She shrugged, “Same thing?” he nodded in response.

 

“For one week?”

 

“Yup.” She said popping the ‘p’.

 

“Does the same go for you?”

 

“What?” she looked at him confusedly before forming into an ‘o’. He was referring to the no y times ban. “Sure, if it makes you sleep well at night.” She smirked.

 

“Confident, are we?”

 

“Please babe, I went years without having any ual interactions with the opposite gender. And you being the little pre-teen that you are, probably get off with seeing a finger getting inserted on a finger hole.”

 

“How dare you!” he scoffed, unconsciously pulling her to him and taking her by the lips. “I’m not a little pre-teen.” He breathed on the side of her lips.

 

Dara patted him on the back and whispered, “The first stage to acceptance is denial.” She then moved away to flash him a playful smile and a wink.

 

“By the way for the record, that was not a French kiss. That was only a good-natured ‘I love you even though you’re a devil’ kiss.” He scowled once more only to be rendered speechless when she suddenly started stripping in front of him. He stuttered for a moment, both in speech and movement. He tried to look away, god knows how hard he tried. Dara raised an amused brow. He gulped, “W-What are you d-doing?” he gulped again. “That’s s-ual!!!”

 

The mischievous woman unclipped her bra and let the straps slide down slowly against her skin. “I didn’t say anything about stripping, did I?” She asked innocently. She then turned around and bent over making him choke on himself. Dara smirked, walking over to his shower and glancing at him innocently over her shoulder. “I’ll pray for you.” She laughed maniacally, closing the bathroom door.

 

“No… No. No. Get out of here.”

 

The rest of BIGBANG sat there rigidly as they interchanged between a glaring G-Dragon and a nonchalant-looking Tokki. The producer shrugged before sitting herself on the chair beside Jiyong and putting on a pair of headphones, covering only one ear. The men blinked confusedly seeing how angry their leader looked at his unfazed woman. Dara looked like she could care less.

 

Seungri gave his Youngbae hyung a light nudged and the man turned to him but his eyes were still glued on the seemingly estranged couple. “Trouble in paradise?” he whispered but since the maknae had no idea about the concept of keeping one’s voice low, the two heard it. The members quickly acted as if they were busy when Dara and Jiyong glanced back at them.

 

“Shut the up.” Jiyong snarled, glaring at Dara again before looking back at his laptop.

 

“Jesus Christ, looks like someone needs another tampon today.” Seunghyun remarked making them all chuckle.

 

All but one.

 

“What did you say?” he asked menacingly. They watched as Jiyong clenched his jaw and slowly stand up to take a threatening step forward.

 

“Kwon Jiyong.” The man stilled at her voice. “Sit down.” She ordered.

 

He scoffed incredulously but obeyed nonetheless. On the other hand, the 4 men… or boys… felt like they were seeing their parents fight. Alarming questions like, ‘Are they gonna get a divorce?’ ‘Who am I gonna stay with?’  and ‘Will I never see them again?’ keep popping in their heads like zits on a pubescent teenager. Some of them even got teary-eyed because of the couple’s coldness to one another—and by that someone, I mean Youngbae. He was emotional when it came to love.

 

Dara heaved a deep breath and looked at her boyfriend seriously but the latter refused to meet her gaze. She sighed again. “Look, I know you’re getting stressed out but work is work.” She said, deliberately emphasizing ‘work’. “If you can’t be professional here, then get out of the studio. I love you Jiyong but if you’re gonna be impossible right now, then leave. I don’t need someone who’ll drag his group down because he’s having a bad day.”

 

The paper crumpled against his fist as he finally looked back at her, his face contorting into one of rage. He breathed to calm himself down but it didn’t help at all. Dara rolled her eyed and put her hair in a ponytail as she reached over to his side to get the lyric paper that he had crumpled. His face was only inches away from his ear and it made his blood boil even more.

 

“Stop making me want to you so bad.” He muttered in her ear.

 

Dara froze before bursting out into a playful grin. “Excuse me?” she raised a brow.

 

“I said go yourself.” He spat coldly making her laugh.

 

“I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE!” Youngbae cried, successfully getting all their attention. “STOP FIGHTING! STOP ITTTTTT!!!” He yelled almost childishly before stomping out the door.

 

“What was that?” Daesung asked, looking at the door. They all shrugged and then set their eyes back to the couple who looked like they were having a staring contest.

 

“You’re making me go insane.” Jiyong gritted his teeth at her.

 

Dara brushed her hair to the side and smiled. “I’m glad.”

 

He scoffed yet again.

 

It has been a day already since they’ve made the infamous bet. Clearly, Jiyong is having a hard time while Dara just keeps making it hard for him… if you know what I mean. They haven’t told anyone about their deal and by the looks of it, they don’t plan on telling anyone at all. They have already been labeled by their friends as the ‘ert couple’ and they don’t want to ruin the little innocent image they had left.

 

So far, Sandara Park has gone into full offensive mode. She’s been constantly seducing him low-key. It may seem subtle to outsiders but it was clear as day to Kwon Jiyong. The way she ‘accidentally’ brushes her skin on his, the way she deliberately moves closer to him to get a reaction, and the way she curls a side of her lip knowingly… everything was a ploy for his destruction.

 

Damn it, he still couldn’t get the picture of her body out of his head. Worse was that he has to endure this pain and suffering for the next few days.

 

If he was being perfectly honest, Dara wasn’t the most well-endowed or seductive-looking woman he’s ever been with. She actually looked tamer compared to his ex-girlfriends. However, knowing that she had been the girl that he loved ever since he was young totally made a huge difference. It was like he had his own filter for her and now everything that she does or says makes every hair in his body rise in anticipation. He was definitely biased and he wouldn’t have it any other way.

 

But at this moment, he wants nothing to do but loathe her.

 

Kwon Jiyong was a competitive little thing and everyone knew that. Loathing and calling her off would make him resist the temptations of his girlfriend. And Bom was so ing wrong because he does have self-restraint. It had already been a day without anything ual going on between them. Kissing and hugging were allowed but he didn’t want to risk the chance.

 

The only way to win this thing was to avoid her but that proves to be impossible since they were currently tied together by world tour preparations. Fortunately, Dara didn’t respond negatively to Jiyong’s frustrations against her. She actually thought that it was cute. There had been times when she had caught him breaking some rules but she kept turning a blind eye whenever Jiyong thinks that he caught himself first. It was fun seeing him looking so squirmy around her. Dara laughed evilly in her head as she threw another side-glance at the grumbling man.

 

Was she evil for wanting to make him feel the same torture she felt back then for not being able to get close to him?

 

“Jiyong-ah~”

 

Yes she was.

 

He then went to bang his head on the table while Dara chuckled beside him.

 

“Shut up and just help me with the song.”

 

The girl pouted and Jiyong, with his bulging eyes, willed every nerve in his body to focus his eyes away from her.

 

“Jiyong…”

 

You can do this, you er.

 

“Jagiya.”

 

DON’T ING DIE ON ME, GODDAMMIT!!!!

 

“I miss you.”

 

Oh that , he looked.

 

“What the is going on?” they heard Seungri mutter.

 

Jiyong watched as Dara turned away and concentrated on the desktop screen in front of her. He bit his lip noticing that she was wearing one of his hoodies. It looked way too big on her but she still effortlessly pulled it off. Silently, he untied her pony tail, earning him a gasp. Before she could turn around, he started messing her hair and grinning to himself when it covered her face. Seconds later, he went back to work and acted as if nothing happened.

 

Seunghyun cleared his throat. “Is this some mind game they’re doing?”

 

Daesung made a face. “At least we know now that they’re not really fighting.” It sounded more of a question than a statement. 

 

You may be wondering? Why are they in the studio if they’re preparing for a world tour? BIGBANG was planning to sing 1 or 2 surprise tracks to mark this year’s anniversary. They felt the need to add a few more songs to let the fans know how much they’ve inspired them. They may not be able to thank them all individually but they can thank them all with the gift of new songs. BIGBANG was sweet like that.

 

Being the senior producer that he was, Kwon Jiyong was in charge of the songs that were being tinkered right now. It wasn’t a rule but it was a formality to have rookie or junior producers to help out. If they weren’t in the middle of such a life-threatening bet, Jiyong would be over the moon to see Dara working beside him. But right now…

 

“I think you should lower the backing track on the pre-chorus since it sounds… I don’t know… 'fuller'?” Dara made an unsure expression. “It’s just my opinion but I think it’ll add more impact since it has that mellow rap feel. It’s sung like a whisper and if we emphasize the voice, it’ll sound nicer. I don’t know.” She repeated, brushing the hair away from her face and glancing over her shoulder. “What do you think?”

 

God… damn you woman. Stop being so great. “Sounds great.” He replied simply, smiling inwardly to himself.

 

5 more days to go…

 

“Thanks…”

 

He couldn’t help burst out into a huge smile seeing her familiar red ears. He reached his hand out to touch her head but immediately took it back. He knew how much touching her burned him and you can guess where that’ll lead to.

 

*wiggles eyebrows*

 

This is going to be the most strenuous bet of his life.

 

She suddenly craned her neck making him notice her slender bareness.

 

It’s definitely… hard…

 

 

She straightened out the mandarin collar of her plain white shirt as she locked her house closed. It seems like everyone was busy this week. Bom was busy with signing contracts and going to appointments on behalf of BIGBANG. Seunghyun was shooting a web drama on the side and kept going back and forth from South Korea to Japan. Youngbae was guesting on singing show for a duet. Seungri was trying to start up his new record label that mostly dealt with EDM and house music. And Daesung… D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter