THE PAPA AND HIS LITTLE BEANS

"Low-key" Crushing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I heard you like being called a .”

 

Oh. My. God. I. Am. Deceased.

 

He’s talking to me. He’s talking to me and asking me if I like being called a .

 

.

 

Should I nod or shake my head?

 

I mean I don’t mind being called a if it comes from his mouth.

 

Oh my god, wait! He called me a . I’m your , Jiyong!!!! I’M YOUR !

 

“Relax.” he laughed. Oh sweet Jesus. “I was just kidding. Chaerin and Teddy hyung sure are close to you, huh?” he suddenly said.

 

It was them. I am so gonna rat them out to Papa.

 

I was squirming on my seat and looking at anywhere else but him but my traitor eyes would always glance up to see a playful look on his face. I inwardly groaned when I realized that I forgot my phone upstairs. Now, I couldn’t take a picture of him to commemorate this moment! This life . I should just go die—OMO HE CRINKLED HIS NOSE OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!

 

“I see you often but it seemed like it was just recently that I finally learned your name.”

 

I can die now. Take me Jesus so I can live in eternal happiness.

 

“Dara… right?”

 

, did I just spazz out externally? Holy , dude. Holy freaking . He knows my name. I bet you that he doesn’t know my full name. Hopefully he doesn't remember you from the time of your utter doom—

 

“Do you prefer Park Sandara or Sandara Park?”

 

I just keep falling in love with this guy the more he converses with me—oh frick, control your bladder, Dara! Don’t look into his eyes… Damn, you looked, you idiot!!! Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god

 

 

Jiyong really wasn’t sure why she was getting all worked up. She was shaking her legs frantically while sweat dripped down to her chin. Her hand was still extra sweaty too. He inwardly laughed. He’s been holding her hand for a few minutes now but she seemed to not have noticed it.

 

YG usually hires laid-back people to take away the celebrity barrier that ‘normal’ people seemed to be too intimidated by. Even though BIGBANG was one of the top today, the people in their company treat them as if they’re grade schoolers who don’t know what to do to their lives… which are actually true for the most part.

 

Dara finally realized that her hand was clasped on hers but he didn’t let it to. Instead he smirked and held it tighter, much to her heart’s contradicting dismay and delight.

 

It’s still a mystery to him on how she got hired. She looked like a nervous little Chihuahua with how much she was fidgeting right now. Maybe she got in through Chaerin or maybe even his Teddy hyung. He tilted his head to get a better look at her and he swore he heard a groan. He quirked a questioning brow but she just continued fidgeting around and failing to avoid eye contact.

 

What job did she exactly have in the company? They say that she’s Chaerin’s assistant but what assistant stays here until the light of dawn?

 

He moved his head closer to hers and Dara died for the second time.

 

“What are you doing here?” he whispered, staring at her eyes.

 

She gulped again and bowed her head but Kwon Jiyong tipped her chin to make her face him. She died for the third time.

 

“What are you doing here?” he repeated. “Chaerin already left a couple of hours ago.”

 

“I… I!” At least he was getting something out of her now. “I…”

 

“You…?”

 

“O-overnight jani-t-tor.”

 

“Overnight janitor?” and she nodded gravely.

 

He didn’t even know that there were even overnight janitors in YG. But wait…

 

“Where are your cleaning supplies then?”

 

She was still trying to free her hand but it was useless. She grumbled loudly, making him chuckle again. Her eyes twinkled in content when she heard the beautiful sound and she suddenly felt herself mellowing down.

 

“I’m done. I’m just resting.” It barely came out as a whisper

 

Wow, a full sentence that didn’t involve any stuttering, flinching, or shaking. Her hand was still very clammy though. He’s afraid that she was going to dash out again when he lets go.

 

And he was right.

 

He took his hand off for about a millisecond and the next thing he knew, she was already headed to the elevators. Lucky for him, he had longer legs and he was able to catch up to her. He saw her hurriedly go in while pressing the button to close it.

 

“Damn.” he hissed.

 

He was a foot away from the closing elevators and he quickly reached his hand out to stop it. She heard him curse in pain and she quickly opened the door out of instinct. He held his hand by the wrist, wincing and acting like he wasn’t looking at her. He purposefully went nearer to her and lightly pushed his body to hers so that she could get stuck in the corner. The doors were about to close and she was about to escape again when he suddenly grimaced in pain, practically shoving his ‘hurt’ hand in her face. Dara blushed and he felt her tense beside him. He watched her from his side and put his head on top of hers.

 

Dara death count: 5

 

“How am I gonna write now if my hand is like this?” he whined childishly, shaking his seemingly boneless hand.

 

“Y-you write with your right h-hand.” she said and pointed at the hand that held his wrist.

 

He slightly straightened up and looked at her with amusement. “How do you know I write with my right hand?”

 

He watched how she blinked and after a few seconds she made a horrified-looking face that almost made him laugh out loud.

 

I’ve never seen a girl so amusing.

 

“The majority of the population is right-handed!” she explained frantically. “Look, I’m right-handed!” she then started waving her right hand for no apparent reason with her eyes as wide as saucers.

 

Jiyong smiled, caught her hand, wiped the sweat on his hoodie, and interlocked it with his. Dara shuddered at his touch and her eyes momentarily flickered in satisfaction. How come he only knew this entertaining person now? But there was some other thing that was bugging him.

 

“Are you avoiding me?”

 

She shivered and inwardly moaned at the serious tone in his voice but suppressed it into a minimum. She looked up at him and shook her head while blushing like a little schoolgirl. What has she done to be blessed with this joyous gift that keeps on giving?

 

“I noticed…” he drawled. “I always see you leaving or avoiding my eyes whenever I enter a room or when you do... It’s all very suspicious Dara.” He wasn’t even calling her ‘noona’ like the others and she loved it. “Why are you avoiding me?” he whispered, feeling sad all of the sudden. His body was now in front of her and her head was trapped on his chest. He leaned his head on the cold metal and murmured, “How come I’m the only one who doesn’t know you?”

 

There was silence and he felt the air grew awkward. He bit his lip and covered his eyes with his spare hand out of embarrassment. That was cheesy, dude. Dara on the other hand has left planet Earth and went on to the heavens. She found herself sliding down against the wall with her hands over her face while Jiyong just let her be. She’s probably as embarrassed as you are.

 

Where’s a voice recorder when you need it?! she screamed to herself. Her entire body felt ridiculously hot. Man, even her pits were sweating like crazy! Did he want to kill her that much? She’s dying! She’s dying from all this Jiyong  love!

 

He looked down at the curled up figure on the floor that was trembling. He thought that it was probably because of laughter. He stepped away and leaned on the wall.  Jiyong watched as she hit her head repeatedly on the metal while she was saying something but it was muffled under her hands. He glanced at the elevator panel and found that no buttons were pressed but the elevator was still moving.

 

Jiyong squatted beside her, her back facing his front. He was about to poke her and call her out when the elevator came into an abrupt halt, making the two freeze on the spot. The doors opened and since they both had their backs away from it, they weren’t able to see who just entered. There were two sets of footsteps that just entered but they had yet to move from their positions. The elevator was pretty big and they were praying that if neither of them moved or made a sound, they wouldn’t notice. A sound of a cart entered the elevator too but they still didn’t peek.

 

Jiyong’s legs were starting to shake from the uncomfortable squatting position while Dara’s eyes widened when she saw a small but terrifying spider coming towards her.

 

STAY. STILL. the both of them chanted in their minds.

 

The elevator was quiet let alone the rattling of the things from inside the cart. They mentally cheered when they thought that the people didn’t notice them but…

 

“Kwon Jiyong and Sandara Park.” they both looked back to see Yang Hyunsuk looking down at them with a somewhat shameful disdain while a kindly old cleaning ahjumma was beside him. “What the hell are you both doing?” their boss asked.

 

Hyunsuk and the cleaning ahjumma watched them slowly stand up and look ahead, acting like nothing happened. YG let out a sigh while the ahjumma looked at her superior and the two youngsters interchangeably.

 

“Is no one going to answer me or what?” His menacing voice brought shivers throughout their body and the two glanced at each other before looking away immediately. The boss tapped his foot impatiently and it got even louder as seconds dragged on. Soon he was practically stomping his feet and the two didn’t have any other choice.

 

“Dara keeps avoiding me and—”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter