I LIKE BEING ALONE BUT I HATE BEING LONELY

"Low-key" Crushing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dara-yah, what are you doing here again—oh! And with Kwon Jiyong for that matter~ ho ho ho looks like Christmas came in early for some of us!”

 

Dara groggily scowled at the in-house nurse/’health professional’/other friend they had in YG while Jiyong could just stifle a smug smirk. He raced them both down near Hwassangbu’s gym towards Mihyun’s small clinic. Dara had a tough time keeping the bile from spewing on the love of her life with how fast he was running earlier. Thank god that his strawberry scent lowered the gagging into a minimum.

 

“Shut up, you .”

 

The girl earned very, very dramatic gasp from the two people. Their eyes were wide and judge-y while their mouths were agape and ready for some hardcore sermoning.

 

“DARA!” Mihyun said, scowling and hitting her arm. “Not in front of Kwon Jiyong!” she added.

 

She glanced lazily at him to see his shocked face and then looked back at Mihyun, wiping the remaining saliva on the side of her lip. Hell, there was no use in trying to look pretty and perfect in front of him. She always manages to up her image whenever he’s around so he might as well get comfy seeing her totally -faced since they are going to be married and all. And then again... she always reverts back to her dork self and makes an even bigger fool of herself. You go girl.

 

Mihyun began checking on Dara and taking her blood pressure and what not. “What happened to you?” she said as she inspected the wreck in front of her. Before Dara could reply, Jiyong cut in.

 

“She puked.” How eloquent of him. “She was cold at first, and then she started trembling… and yeah, she puked.”

 

She raised a brow at the girl who just groaned and then directed that raised brow towards the man who won’t stop looking at Dara worriedly.

 

“Mind if I ask what happened before she vomited?”

 

“I just ate something bad—”

 

“I was hugging her.” Oh my. “Well not actually hugging her, more like keeping her in a safe distance.” Mihyun could just nod teasingly while Dara flushed. “And then Bom noona made me say some… things and then Dara got sick.”

 

“What ‘things’?” The nurse’s voice oozed a deviousness that Dara knew too well.

 

Jiyong squirmed and met Dara’s eyes before avoiding them. Dara gulped and waited almost excitedly for him to say it. Mihyun had a stethoscope ready on Dara’s chest and she could clearly hear how fast her heart was beating. If she kept that pace up, she would be good as dead!

 

“C’mon and spill, boy!” now Mihyun was the one who was excited.

 

“Dara baby.” He mumbled and Dara died internally.

 

“OMO!!!!!” the older woman squealed. “It’s like I’m seeing my friends from back home~”

 

Dara nudged the nurse roughly and Mihyun continued to look at Jiyong like he was some outer being.   

 

“What happens if you don’t say it?” the older lady inquired.

 

“I get fired.”

 

“OOOMMMMOOOO!!!!!!” she shrieked happily, totally confusing the two people. “Say it again then!”

 

“W-what? But Bom noona’s not even here…”

 

“Well I can tell your Bom noona that you haven’t been doing your end of the deal. So better kiss that goodbye, Jiyongie.”

 

“Unnie-yah, what the hell is wrong with you???” Dara gritted under her teeth.

 

Mihyun smirked evilly at the girl, earning her a loud groan. After all these teasing, the nurse finally did her job and checked up on Dara. They were talking about things in the down low that Jiyong wasn’t able to hear very clearly. He saw Mihyun handing her a bottle of pills and Dara nodded, looking somewhat irritated and pissed off.

 

Jiyong watched as she stood up and walked over to the door without giving him a glance. He was only left to sit down on the stool and staring at her retreating figure.

 

“What did you give her?” he found himself asking.

 

He heard her clicking her tongue, making him turn his attention to her. “Sandara gets anxious fairly easily and she hasn’t been taking her precautions in the past few days.” She gave him a pointed look and he raised his hands saying that he didn’t do anything. Mihyun laughed. “I’m just kidding. They’re just sugar pills but she believes that they help. I guess the placebo effect holds some truth after all.”

 

He could just nod since he didn’t know how to respond to her. Soon enough, he gave her a hasty goodbye and looked for the girl. He saw her sitting on the wall beside the elevators and jingling the pill bottle in front of her. Jiyong stared at her quizzically and slowly walked towards her. Was she waiting for me?

 

Dara sat a familiar pair of feet on the floor and she looked up to see him staring down at her with an expressionless face and sighed. She then stood up and waited inside the elevator. Jiyong could only look at her with worry. He could see her glancing up at him with a forlorn face and it was making him uneasy. Is she alright? Oh my, Jiyong was getting really worked up with her lack of emotion but in reality…

 

Damn, my boy looks hot today. I wonder if a glass of water could fill up that collar bone…

 

Dara was being her natural self but only on the down low. She didn’t want to scare him off like Bom and Chaerin told her.

 

“Unnie-yah, I thought you knew everything about hyung but I guess you really don’t.” Chaerin shrugged mockingly.

 

Dara sneered. “What does that mean? I even know what underwear he’s wearing today.” She replied rather smugly although failing to notice the judgmental looks she was getting from her friends. Oh and she was still wearing that diaper by the way. This was after she made a resolve of ‘going for the gold’.

 

“How the hell do you know that?” Bom muttered, inwardly asking herself why she was associated with this kind of person.

 

The girl looked nonchalant as she said “I have a telescope.” And the rest could just scrunch their faces in a sort of disgust. When the house fell silent, she looked up to see them still staring at her incredulously. This made her look at them unbelievingly too.

 

“What? Bom already banned me for putting pictures and making a shrine. Why can’t I use a telescope?! It sure as hell makes up for all those wasted pictures.”

 

They never knew that Dara was in a whole other level of creepy. But even with that fact, they just let her be because they knew she was sane enough… they think.

 

“Anyways… Hyung likes girls who are hard to get. He gets a thrill out of them!” Chaerin said animatedly. “Dude, that Kiko chick took him a good half a year until they got together. With the language barrier and the stick up her and all, I’m still amazed how he got her to date him.”

 

“It’s because he’s Kwon Jiyong.” Dara said dreamily.

 

Bom gagged. “ing stalker.”

 

“Says the woman who sleeps with her talent.”

 

Oh no she didn’t. Guuuuurrrrrlllllllllll nahhhhhhh

 

“What the did you just say, ?” Bom shot Dara a glare.

 

The latter rolled her eyes. “I know those moans weren’t because of that stupid drama you always blast whenever you guys go at it.”

 

Meanwhile Chaerin could just look at them interchangeably, her innocent mind refusing to acknowledge the term ‘sleeping with’ meant that Bom wasn’t literally sleeping beside someone. Oh no, she was doing everything besides sleeping.

 

“I never knew that you love being the submissive one.” Dara smirked and that’s when Bom launched herself at her and the two began their girl fight… with one of them in diapers.

 

To this day, Chaerin wonders how they still remain best friends but it was a bigger wonder how the two of them didn’t grow to be more than best friends seeing how they were currently hugging on the carpeted floor while Dara drunkenly rained kisses on the latter’s face.

 

“Are you coming to the Christmas party, Dara?”

 

She snapped out of her daze and looked up at him as if she was a deer caught in the head lights. Her cover of being a cold was gone with just the call of her name. She was practically his trash right now. Kwon Jiyong trash she eloquently concluded. Dara shook her head vehemently and he smiled at the sight of her flustered state but then frowned when her answer got to his brain.

 

“Ehhhhhhh? Why?” Jiyong began his military tactic of cornering her again. He started ‘inconspicuously’ pushing his body close to hers to the point that she’ll get stuck I between the wall and his body. This proved to be very effective since it not only lowers her chances of escape, but it also gives him a chance to see her getting all squirmy.

 

He thought that it was cute.

 

Dara could just shrug in response and tried to focus away from Jiyong but proved to fail at that. She doesn’t care for parties being an introvert that she was. She doesn’t mind all the noise and the people but she just rather not deal with the hassle of mingling and trying to enjoy the gathering. Call her a loner but she was pretty content with her telescope and her Kwon Jiyong.

 

She stilled when she felt him hold her hand. Omo, how forward! She struggled to maintain a composed face but when she felt him moved closer with his fruit-scented deliciousness, she caved and almost salivated looking up at him. It was so hard trying to keep her claws from him with how ridiculously.... JIYONG he looked.

 

“I want you to come.”

 

Oh yeah baby, I’m coming any minute now.

 

Her lip quivered with excitement and embarrassment as she blushed like a hormonal boy on a beach. Why does everything he saw have to sound so goddamn seductive? It’s like he wants to be jumped by her. The elevator suddenly dinged open and Jiyong led them out, still holding her hand. The mess that was Dara thought that they were going to back to her room where Bom was but nope. The smell of food entered her nose but the sweet smell of her husband seemed more prominent. He took out a chair for her and told her to sit down. She just stiffly obliged while he sat down beside her.

 

Oh my god, he’s gonna feed me with his mouth.

 

No he wasn’t.

 

“I figured you’d want something to eat since you… vomited and all.”

 

You can really tell that Kwon Jiyong at taking care of people but at least the thought was heartwarming.

 

Dara nodded her head like a little puppy even though she still tasted that bile in . He got up excitedly and told her to wait. She could just stare at her man dreamily while concluding that he’s been doing some squats (if you get my drift). Her black Vans that had a painted on bunny tapped incessantly under the table as she inconspicuously snapped pictures of him with her phone.

 

“Large of everything, halmeoni.” He said cheerily.

 

The old lunch lady sized him up and scoffed. “Another girl?” she asked.

 

Jiyong scowled back and made a face at her. “She is not ‘another’ girl, alright? Her name is Sandara Park.”

 

The older woman did an exaggerated ‘oh~’, making the latter scowl even more. She then started to fill all the bowls she gave him to the brim much to Jiyong’s delight and amusement.

 

“That Park girl is a good one.” She nodded to herself. “She makes me feel young again with the stories of her youth.”

 

“Yah halmeoni, I still don’t see a ring on that finger and those eyes of yours look dreamy. I already have her, you got that.” He said, peering.

 

The latter shook her head and stared up at him, expressionless. “Boy.” Her voice sounded pitiful. “I see those drugs have already got to you. Aigoo, kids these days with their cigarettes and bad decisions. No wonder your hairline is fading.”

 

“Y-YAH halmeoni! Take that back!” He let out a manly shriek, feeling for his hair and sighing contentedly to himself. “And I don’t do drugs!”

 

The lady just nodded jokingly and pushed him out the way since he was holding up the line. Jiyong gave her one last sneer while the older woman puckered her lips mockingly. He shook his head and went back to Dara. God, he loved that halmeoni.

 

Dara’s eyes twinkled when she saw Jiyong trying to balance the tray full of food towards her. Oh she was in heaven. She popped in a ‘calming pill’ and smiled bright when he sat down across from her and pushed the food in front of her.

 

“Eat up. You’re practically a twig right now.”

 

What a charmer.

 

Dara gobbled up the food in front of her, completely forgetting her manners since the thought of Jiyong giving her food was all she could think of. Jiyong smiled and got comfy on his chair. He was finally—well, slowly—getting through her! She was acting normally around him (at least normal in his eyes) and not like some panic-stricken girl on crack. Jiyong would never tell her that she looked like she’s on crack. It’s just that her jitteriness and bulging eyes looked pretty suggestive.

 

“You look really familiar.” He said. He noticed how she stopped for a bit and then went back to eating. “Did we go to the same school or something?”

 

 

Oh man, so he really didn’t remember me. Well I guess that’s bett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter