THE SPICE BEHIND THAT COFFEE

"Low-key" Crushing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The customers gasped when they saw who entered the café. He didn’t pay them any attention as he strutted to the staircase with a hard-worn face. The women swooned at even the slightest clench of his jaw. The cut of his suit was definitely highlighting the gentleman feel that was surrounding him. He looked like he was here to do business. A trusted server guided him up the steps, her own heart beating erratically from even his presence.

 

He was a classy man.

 

She looked out the window, chin tucked under her hand and foot tapping incessantly on the floor. Casual. She could still hear her friends’ forceful fashion advices on her head. He likes girls that look down to Earth. Hell, she looked like a hobo with how she dressed right now. Almost everything was ripped or had little tiny holes in them. The only thing that she liked about this outfit were the shoes—her painted-on bunny Vans. Odds were that they were going to match again. She squealed inwardly.

 

She couldn’t wait.

 

As soon as he stepped on the 2nd floor and saw her sitting there, he knew he made a mistake. He was dressed way too formally. He looked like he was about to go to a wedding reception or something. Oh no, what if she thinks that he’s going to propose! , he didn’t even have a ring. Jesus, why was he thinking about that? Thank goodness he didn’t have a ring. His face contorted into agony as he started walking closer. He quickly lit up when she turned her head to him, a smile bright on her face.

 

The smile turned into a look of horror. Was he dressed like that so that he could torture her? Men in suits were her weakness—no, Jiyong in suits was her weakness. She could already feel her knees buckling as he sat down across from her with an awkward air around him. Damn, and his hair was slicked back too? If this really wasn’t a form of torture then she didn’t know what is. She had a fancy dress and everything too. She knew she should've gone formal!

 

He knew he should’ve gone for casual! It was a coffee date appointment for Christ’ sake. Who in their right mind would wear a tuxedo in this type of occasion? He knew he should’ve worn his Vans too! They were right there staring at him before he left the door! He could just curse himself and sneak glances at her. So far so good. She looked calm enough.

 

The panic bells were ringing endlessly in her head. He looked hot. He looked too hot. She was starting to get hot herself and not the good kind. Thank god she was wearing a tank top. The shorts were helping out too.

 

The server stopped to look at the only people who had the 2nd floor all to themselves. They were having their ‘not-date’ in Teddy’s café and Teddy decided to rent out the 2nd floor just for them. He figured since Jiyong was a star and all, that they would need privacy. Not like they really needed it though. They weren’t even doing anything.

 

The girl had her hair up into a somewhat messy ponytail. Her makeup was light and almost unnoticeable. Going through her outfit, she was wearing a black tank top along with an oversized camo-patterned shirt that she used as a jacket. Her shorts were ripped on the ends and the loose fabrics touched the smooth skin of her thighs. Ending the journey, she had on worn-out shoes and a few bracelets that dangled on her left wrist. She looked like one of those hipster girls you see on the streets.

 

On the other side of the table, the boy had his hair gelled and styled back to perfection, The sharp angles of his face was effortlessly making him look masculine. His jaw could probably even cut a if he wanted to. The suit he wore looked tailor-made. It was typical for a man of his name and stardom. Not a thread was out of place. His eyes alone exuded a confidence that she didn’t even know a human could have. He looked like he was some hot shot businessman that was about to make a deal.

 

In the server’s own whacked-up head, Jiyong looked like some sugar daddy and Dara was gonna be his for the night. She really should stop watching weird shows late in the night.

 

“What can I get for you both?” the server asked, her attention solely on the very distracting man with the very distracting beauty.

 

Dara was about to say her usual but then her sugar daddy cut her off. “Get the lady a black and a slice of strawberry shortcake… or was it cheesecake?” He looked at Dara and found her gaping at him. With the tip of his finger, he gently closed but the girl was still left in a shocked daze. He lightly tilted his head to her as his lips curled. “Shortcake or Cheesecake,” she thought is was over. “Dara baby?”

 

 

Guess what I am right now. Dead. DECEASED. Why don’t you just bury me in the ground and leave me to die? I blushed and managed to whisper “Cheesecake” and he nodded as if he’d keep it in mind. He was already done with the ‘Dara baby’ challenge but my man just hadddddd to make an ic imprint on me. Goddamn this man and his iness. If he was a religion, I would go to his church every day and become a nun. God bless him.

 

And how did he know what I always take in this joint??? If that didn’t scream ‘husband material’ then I don’t know what did. Holy. Christ. His Adam’s apple did that thing again.

 

You mean swallow?

 

HHHHhhnnnnngggggg!!!!! SWALLOW!

 

“Spice it up.” I said to the girl before she could leave. She gave me an okay sign and then she scurried off downstairs. Whew, I almost forgot about that. I don’t know what I would do if it wasn’t ‘spiced up’. Why am I here again? Who am I? Oh my god, I’m getting Alzheimer’s.

 

“What does it mean when she spices it up?”

 

, I can’t believe that I forgot that he’s here. I’m surprised that I haven’t fallen on the floor yet. I cleared my throat and tried to maintain eye contact but my eyes aren’t worthy for him. THEY NEVER ARE.

 

“Ahhh… she just adds something in it… I come here a lot and they know me here. They even know my birthday! When it’s my birthday, I get a cake and they sing. Sometimes I cry when I feel lonely and I make them spoon feed me. Isn’t it hot in here? I’m getting warm. Are you warm? Should I tell them to put the heat down? I practically own this place. I can do that you know. You look really good by the way. Really really good. What the hell am I saying? Why is that girl taking so long.” I glanced at him and froze when I saw the wide smile on his face. I blushed and tucked my hands on my lap, feeling shy. “I’ll shut up now.”

 

“No, no, go on.” Oh that giggle. What I would do to have a recording of that giggle. “I like it when you babble.”

 

Am I still alive? He. Likes. It. When. I. Babble. We are totally going to get married and have 4 kids. I’m calling it now. I’m betting my entire life savings on this. We are going to get married. I’m gonna become Sandara Kwon and I’m gonna have Kwon babies that smell like fruit.

 

I’m ready for you Kwon Jiyong.

 

He smiled wider.

 

*clears throat*

 

He winked.

 

Okay… oh-kay boy.  Okay. Okay. Oh god. Oh goddddddd.

 

Someone save me.

 

 

“What do you think’s happening there?”

 

The boys shrugged, making their manager release a loud and annoyed huff. They were all in Teddy’s studio since they want to be the first one to get all the juicy details. Teddy told the server who’ll be attending to them to tell him everything that has been happening. So far they heard that Dara wouldn’t stop squirming and Jiyong trying to make her squirm even more. They expected that but they don’t know if it was going to be more than just teasing and half-assed pleas to stop.

 

“Hyung said that he doesn’t want to date her.” Chaerin frowned. “Who doesn’t want to date unnie?” she asked incredulously.

 

Nobody but the tattletale answered her. “Jiyong is just testing out the waters.” Youngbae said. 

 

“What?”

 

Seungri nodded. “Hyung is an all or nothing guy. He has to know that the people he dates like him just as much as he likes them. Jiyong hyung actually lasts quite long in his relationships.”

 

“What about the Kiko chick then? That didn’t last long now did it?” Bom arched a brow.

 

“I think she was a special case.” Seunghyun replied, snuggling closer to Bom and only to get pushed off. “It was just infatuation—mostly on his part anyway. I guess it was strong enough to make him want to pursue her. The latter though… she has her own stories to tell.”

 

“I’d date Dara unnie.” Chaerin mulled to herself.

 

“I didn’t know that Jiyong was such a girl about this.” Bom rolled her eyes.

 

“Some people have their reasons.” Daesung chimed in. “It doesn’t hurt if people are careful about things like this.”

 

“Fine. So what if he knows for sure that they like him back? What does he do?”

 

The boys shared a knowing glance and then looked away, distracting themselves with the little knickknacks inside the studio. The girls noticed the sudden change and began barraging them with questions but each shriek from them would only fall into deaf ears. Youngbae and Seunghyun caught eye-contact but then quickly evaded each other. The girls didn’t really need to know.

 

 

It’s been 6 minutes, 23 seconds, and 56 milliseconds—no 57… 58… 59… It’s been 6 minutes, 24 seconds, 2 milliseconds, and 2 and a half songs after we’ve taken our orders. And boy was it awkward. Awkwardly exhilarating. The stud right in front of me just ed the cuffs in his suit and did the most y cough. If there was a TV show just to broadcast his life, I don’t think I would be leaving my house.

 

He’s so handsome.

 

“So… what do you do on your spare time?”

 

He’s making small talk with me. Or maybe normal talk since I’m already small. Oh my god, what did he ask again? What do I do in my spare time?

 

Write songs about you. Dream about you. Plan our wedding bash. Watch you in my telescope…

 

“S-stargazing.” It’s technically correct… or I guess it’s technically too literal.  

 

His eyes bulged out in shock a little and he nodded again. “Oh, I didn’t know you stargazed. Do you have a telescope or something?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter