Chapter 5

IT'S YOU

I ran past school and followed the path where I followed Mingyu the previous day. I ran as fast as I can and trying to be careful to not be obvious and suspicious.I really hoped my cellphone is till there even I know that it would be only 0.1% chance that it is still there. But I won't give up.

It took about 6 minutes to get there, I walked to the road and searched for my cellphone carefully. I am actually pretty scared because i didn't see any sign of my cellphone. Suddenly I heard a sound of running footsteps coming towards me. I realized that it was Vernon.

"Did you found it?"

"Does it seems like I found it?" I said as i threw a glare at him.

He took out his cellphone. "What is your number?".

I took his phone and dialed my number and called it. I waited to hear my beloved cellphone ringtone. But sadly I didn't heard anything. I tried so hard not to cry because my Mum would be so damn mad.

"Hey, I can buy you a new one you know?" Vernon said as he persuaded me politely

"Just go back home, I am not in a mood right now." I said as I walked past him

I am so dead. What am I gonna do. I have no cellphone to use, and what if my mum called me for so many times. I need to face this.

 

***

 

MINGYU'S POV 

 

I walked to the cafe nearby before coming back home. I am so curious about this cellphone that I found at my neighborhood. I went to the barista and ordered my all favorite 'Caramel Macchiato'. As I walked towards a table I saw Seokmin, Hoshi and Dino. I sat with them since i'm alone.

"Ey! Mingyu, what you doing here?" Seokmin asks me.

"Nah, just tryna spend my time here because I had a stressful day." I said as I sighed.

When I was trying to pull my bag to my lap, the cellphone I saw before fell down out of my bag. It fell down and slide down to Hoshi's chair. He picked up the cellphone and take a careful look.

"Why are you using a pink colored cellphone?" He smirked at me.

"No! I found it on the road while I was walking and it keeps ringing. I am just curious because Lisa called this phone, so I was planning to give it to Lisa." 

"Wait, I think I have seen this phone somewhere" Dino said as he studied the cellphone carefully. "Ahhhhhh! This is Yeoreum's cellphone. I've borrowed it from her before."

I blinked my eyes and slurped my drink.

"Really? She must have finding her phone now." I said to them.

"Don't you wanna try passing the password?" Hoshi said while he wiggled his eyebrows. 

Huh? Maybe I shoul-

"No. It's her privacy, I can't just stalk her cellphone." I stated with a disgusted face.

"Huh? I bet you actually wanna know." Seokmin gave me a cynical smile.

"Whatever it is, we only have a few days left before we graduate high school. What are you guys planning to do after school?" I changed the topic.

"I was thinking of sleeping all day and eat all foods I wanna eat" Hoshi said while laughing.

I just rolled my eyes and just heard to all of the stories they talk about and I started to feel tired and I went back home. While I was on the way home, I felt a vibrate in my bag. Yeoreum's phone turned off because it ran out of battery. 

Why is her phone on the road? Is she the person who followed me all the way home yesterday?

All of these questions keep coming out in my head, but she doesn't seems like the person who stalks people. 

After 3 minutes of walk, I opened the door

"I'm home" I shouted.

Eventhough I know that there is no one home, my parents are always at work so thy ended up giving me some money and just leave like that. I threw my bag on my bed and saw Yeoreum's phone falling out. I went and charge her cellphone using my charger. While I was plugging in the charger, I saw a 'M' sticker on her cellphone. 

"What does M means? It must me someone so special." I smiled.

While charging her cellphone, I went to the bathroom to take a long bath. After that, I went to make some tea. Suddenly there is a message tone, I went and take Yeoreum's phone to see 'Eomma :*' messaged her for 50 times.

Should I try and pass her password or not, let's give it a try.

'PINK' 'Incorrect password'

'YEOREUM' 'Incorrect password'

'JENNIELISA' 'Incorrect password'

Does it start with M? What could it be? 

'MOM' 'Incorrect password'

'You have entered the password incorrectly for 4 times. You have one last try'

Hm, what would something meaningful for Yeoreum starts with M? I know this is stupid but let's try and write my name 

'Mingyu' 

Phone Unlocked

 

****

 

YEOREUM'S POV

 

I walked home like a living corpse. I don't even think I have a soul in my body, I feel so nervous and weak. As I step inside my front door

"I'm H-Home" I said with a stuttering voice.

"Yeoreum! Why didn't you tell me that your cellphone was missing?" my mum said like there was no problem.

"I am so sorry, Eomma I now that I am so careless. I will do anything to make it up to yo-. W-Wait a minute, how did you know my cellphone is missing?"

"Ahh, just now your friend called me and said that you cellphone was missing and he said that the cellphone is right now with him."

"H-He?" 

Who is it? It is a boy.

"Oh, he said his name is Mingyu. He said that he is your classmate. Is he?"

Hah?!  W-Who is he? Mingyu? How is my cellphone in his hands?

"Y-Yes, I know him" I answered my mum's question and walked as fast as I can to my room.

I jumped on my bed and punched my pillow so hard, how can I be so stupid. And now I need to face his face to get my cellphone back. There is so many secrets in it that he shouldn't see.

"T-That means he knew my password.." There is a moment of silence for me.

"MY PASSWORD IS HIS NAME, YEOREUM-AH WHY ARE YOU SO CRAZY. Now he knows that I'm all crazy for him. He would probably feel weird out because a girl like me likes him, I don't have that slim figure. How could I handle this right now" I cringed imagining what he felt after knowing my freaking password.

I cried all night until I sleep.

The next morning, surprisingly I woke up early without my alarm. I went to take a bath and brushed my teeth. I have a really obvious puffy eyes from crying last night.

"Cheer up Yeoreum! I can do this, I have a few days only before graduating and then I am free without any suffering" I cheered myself even though I know that I will feel empty this whole week.

I walked to school with Jennie and Lisa as they both waited for me in front of my house.

"Yeoreum, why are you so down today" Lisa asked me.

"Yeah, it's like our last days of school. Why are you not happy?" Jennie asked along with Lisa's question.

I really can't stand it no more, I decided to tell them what happened. Because that's what best friends for right?

".... and that is why I am dead today" 

"HUH?!" they both freaked out at the same time.

"No freakin way" Jennie said while putting her hand on .

"I am just stating the truth right now. Ain't have time for lying" I said with a blunt face.

They both kept quiet. "Don't worry about me. I know I can get through this" I assured both of them with a bright smile.

As soon as we arrived at school.I walked in carefully while peeping if there is a sign of Mingyu nearby. As soon as I say no sign of him, I walked swiftly to my locker. I sighed in relief. I opened my locker and suddenly I saw a box in my locker.

"What is this?" I took the box out and took a closer look. There is a card stuck on it, I put the card away because it was blocking the writing on the box.

"AN IPHONE 7 PLUS?!"

Who has that much money spending an Iphone 7 plus for me? It really can't be him.

 

****

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE : HEYO GUYS! HOW WAS IT? HAHAHAHA~ I WILL TRY POSTING THE OTHER CHAPTER TODAY TOO. I WAS ASLEEP JUST NOW SO I AM VERY SORRY FOR POSTING THIS LATE.

ANYWAYS, WHO DO YOU PREFER MORE MINGYU OR VERNON?

LAST  BUT NOT LEAST THANKS FOR READING AND STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER, LOVE YOU GUYS :) - DOODLE