Chapter 17

IT'S YOU

SPLASHHHHHH

We both fell into the pool together. As my body fell into the pool, I panicked and started searching for my cellphone in my pocket but it wasn't there.

. Mingyu, I didn't end the call.

No way, he must've heard all of this.

I quickly swam towards the ground. I grabbed the edge of the pool and lifted myself up to the ground. Suddenly, I realised that there is no Jennie's presence. 

"Jennie?" I shouted out her name.

"Jennie!" 

I began to shiver as I walked slowly to the pool. The water slowly came up covering my knees and I dived in the pool to find Jennie. It's dark so I can't see anything clearly so I just went to the bottom of the pool until I felt a body slowly floating. I quickly swam up to the surface and saw Jennie.

But the problem is, she is not awake.

I pushed the water and swam towards her. I lifted her and brought her towards the ground. My body was shivering and I really don't know what to do. 

"Oh My God, Jennie! What do I need to do, Oh My God. Jennie please wake up!" I shake her body but there was no response. My heart hurts watching her like this. Tears starting to form and I slowly cried.

"J-Jen-nie.. p-please wake up" the sound of my sobs slowly filling up the atmosphere. 

"Yeoreum!" 

Someone suddenly called my name, I quickly turned my head to see Mingyu who was running towards me. "Yeo- What is going on here?" he suddenly came and took Jennie from my arms.

"S-She f-fell in the pool-"

Before I could finish my sentence I heard people running from Jennie's house, It was her mother.

"Auntie Kim-" I began to explain myself to her for what she is seeing now. "JENNIE" she shouted while she ran pushed Mingyu and held Jennie in her arms.

 "Oh My God, Jennie please wake up. What happened to her?!" she looked at me with a fury eyes. "I-I, we fell in the pool and-" just when I was trying to explain myself I felt a tight slap on my face.

"A-Auntie-" 

"I know you're the one who pushed her right? If you hate my daughter just leave her alone, do not disturb her!" she shouted at me. I felt miserable and horrible, it feels like this is all my fault. Auntie Kim who I respected for this long just told me to leave. 

I shut my eyes and I felt trails of tears flowing on my cheeks. "Just stop with those crocodile tears already and get out of my house, and you too young man!" 

I opened my eyes and saw Mingyu who was walking towards me but I couldn't help but run away from this situation. "Yeoreum!" even though I heard voices calling my name from behind I ignored it. I really need some time alone and time for myself to digest what is happening.

How can someone I trust and spent my times for all these years betrayed me. Is this what people call as life? It hurts, it looks like no one is trying to stay by my side. No one.

The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies.

I took out my phone. I guess I just need to do one last thing for my friend, Jennie. I called the ambulance and told them her address. After calling the ambulance, I went to the park nearby and sat on the swing.

"I think it's best for me to not sleep at home today"

*****

MINGYU POV

I chased after Yeoreum but she went missing.I actually went there to tell her that Jennie is the one who started the rumours between her and Vernon. I felt sorry for not asking what actually happened before coming to help Jennie. But I couldn't help it though, that doesn't mean that she can push Jennie into the pool.

 I continued my walk at the residence and suddenly I saw someone that was spitting rap lyrics nearby. I spied with my eyes his way of rapping, and just by his voice I knew who it is. I chose to walk away ignoring him but sadly he saw me.

"Aye! Mingyu, watchu doing here at night?" Vernon came while handing out his hand expecting me to shake his hand. I just gave him a weird look instead. 

"Did you saw Yeoreum walking around here?" I asked him.

"Yeoreum? Why should she be wandering around here?"

"I guess you didn't know then" I walked away from him and started searching for Yeoreum again by myself. But suddenly Vernon started to follow me behind.

"Why are you following me?" I stopped right in my tracks and turned around as I insert my hands in my coat. He walked towards me and stand beside me while turning around and made an eye contact while saying "If it is about Yeoreum then it will include me".

I scoffed and walked as he's already walking in front of me searching for Yeoreum too. 

"So don't you mind telling me what is going on? Why are 'You' searching for her?" Vernon asked while he was looking around.

"Why do you want to know?" I replied uninterested

Vernon just rolled his eyes and mumbled something while walking further leaving me at the back.

*****

VERNON POV

 

"Why do you want to know?"  Mingyu said to me with his usual tone.

"Well, it's because I care about her.." I mumbled but I'm sure he didn't heard it. I just walked further to search for Yeoreum even though I don't know what the actual hell is going on here. 

Did she found the culprit of the photoshopped photos? But wait, why am I searching for her. Isn't I am the one who messed up her life?

I realised what Yeoreum said earlier and I stopped in my tracks and I gave up on searching for her. As I am walking back home, my cellphone rang a tone that meant that there is a message notification.

1 New Message

I opened the message and saw that the person who messaged me is Yeoreum.

Yeoreum :) : Hey Vernon? I know that I broke your heart earlier but, can you meet me? It's the                                  exact park as earlier. If you don't wanna then its'kay :)

 

My heart felt sorry for her.

Should I go and meet her? Or not?

 

*****

 

 

 

Author's Note:  So what do you guys think? Will Vernon meet Yeoreum or nah? Heyy guys, I'm very sorry for not updating for about 2 months :') I have been on hiatu so I think I will be updating regularly from now on, but I will have examination in 2 weeks so maybe after exam I will update more often. Thanks for understanding!