Chapter 16

IT'S YOU

Jennie. This is not you right?  

DING!

1 new message from Mingyu.

"Hey, we need to talk" 

I read the message but I can't even take a bit care of it. I just don't believe my eyes of what actually happened and what I actually saw. I was shivering of fear.

This is not her. I know her, she is not this kind of person. This must be someone who has the same features as her, I thought to myself and to build some esperance in this conflict.

I went to close the app and I opened my contacts to dial Jennie's number. I know this is crazy but I really wanna know and see how is she treating me so I could know wether is she the person who made the whole lie.

Connecting..

"Hey Yeoreum!  why are you calling me? Is there something?" 

"Why? Is there something you're scared of me finding out?" I accidentally blurted out.

"W-What are you talking about?"

"N-No, I was just joking ha ha. Actually no one is at home right now so I was wondering if I can go to your house for a sec?" I covered my mistake as fast as I can.

"Y-Yeah, of course you can."

"Okay! I will be there in 15 minutes"

Call Ended.

I quickly grabbed my sweaters and walked downstairs. I met Yoongi downstairs and told him I need to settle up some problems and he agreed so I slipped on my vans and walked to Jennie's house.

****

I walked for about 13 minutes and finally I arrived at Jennie's house. I have been to her house multiple times but right now it just feels different like something is wrong. I chose not to worry about what I felt and walked to the gates and ring the bell.

"Hello! I'm Yeoreum and I am here to see Jennie" I talked to the security cam that was placed beside the gates.

The gates open widely and I get to see Jennie's house clearly now.

The gates open widely and I get to see Jennie's house clearly now

 

As I entered the gates I saw Jennie sitting on the lounge seats beside the swimming pool. I smiled weakly at her and she smiled back at me. She was using her macbook that was placed on the lounge seats. 

"Hey! Come here" she shouted as she pulled my wrists to sit on the lounge seats beside her.

"So, what's up? Is it because of Lisa?"

"Hm, I really don't know who started all of this lies about me and Vernon in the first place. I just really hope this would stop and Lisa would believe in me again." I said as I rested my head and look at the night stars.

"Hm yeah, me too. By the way Yeoreum, I think I am going to take some snacks for us and we can have some story time" she gave me a smile and walked into her house.

"Okie!" I said as I showed her an ok sign.

Hm, I don't think that girl is Jennie. This is all a complete misunderstanding.

'Ring ding dong Ring ding dong Ring diggi ding diggi Ding ding ding'

Suddenly I heard my phone ringtone ringing. I went to see who was it and It was Mingyu calling me. I went to pickup the call.

"Yeoreum, where are you?"

"Why? I am at Jennie's house" I answered his answer

 Suddenly I heard a notification tone from Jennie's macbook. I went to take a look at her macbook and clicked the notification.

"You need to hear this-

Before I could hear what Mingyu was saying, my phone dropped from my grip.

I saw the screen that shows the profile of the person who started the lies of me and Vernon together. It is the account. The exact account.

My eyes widened and froze same goes my whole body. I felt breathless and I couldn't gasp for more air. My tears fell from my eyes and flows slowly.

'Tsssshhhhkkkk'

I turned my head at the sound of shattering glass and saw Jennie with a frightened face while the food tray that she brought fell to the ground and produced a loud sound of fragile glasses shattering on the ground.

"Yeoreum.." she called my name.

I flinched at the sound of her voice calling me. I just can't believe my eyes at the presence of the person who I trusted with my whole life that turns out actually the worst person I've ever seen.

"Don't call my name" I raised my voice. 

"Why... Just why Jennie... There is no absolute reason for you to make me suffer this much.." I said as I started to cry.

Jennie looked down and her lips pursed. Suddenly she looked up at me with a psychotic face.

"OH SO NOW YOU PLAY INNOCENT IN FRONT OF ME?" she shouted madly.

"EXCUSE YOU, YOU ARE THE ONE WHO PLAYED INNOCENT IN FRONT OF ME." I shouted back at her because the way she talks to me really drive someone up the wall.

"YOU ALWAYS ARE IN THE ING WAY WHEN I WANT TO BE WITH MINGYU, YOU ALWAYS GOT HIS ATTENTION AND I ENDED UP DIDN'T HAVE ANY CHANCES TO BE WITH HIM" she shouted at me once again.

"Huh, so you have a crush on him too." I said calmly with an unbelievable face. "If you at least tell to me that you like him, I would've gave him to you. I could give up anything to make you happy. I thought we're friends Jennie." I said with a disappointed tone.

"How could I tell you that I like him if he likes you." she said with a defeated smile.

"W-What are you talking about."

"He is clearly in love with you. I caught him too many times staring at you." she said.

"N-No you must be mistaken"

Suddenly Jennie came to me and started to push me, I didn't stayed still and I pushed her back. 

"You should've been aware and thankful for having your own crush liking you back !" she raised her voice. She pushed me back harshly and I lose my balance and I grabbed her wrist.

SPLASHHHHHH 

We both fell into the pool together. As my body fell into the pool, I panicked and started searching for my cellphone in my pocket but it wasn't there.

. Mingyu, I didn't end the call.

No way, he must've heard all of this.