Chapter 2

IT'S YOU

I heard the sounds of running footsteps outside of the classroom getting closer and closer. I looked up and saw Jennie and Lisa panting with a worry face.

"Yeoreum! Here you are" Lisa said as her face smiled and released her worries.

Lisa sat beside me since she is my tablemate. Jennie's table was behind us. Since the class contains odd numbers of student, she sat alone at the back but she would always bring the chair to the front to sit beside me and Lisa.

"I thought you went out of this school. Please don't do something like that again." Jennie said while comforting me.

"You know, you have us if you need a shoulder to lean on. You don't deserved to get embarassed by that hoe." Lisa said to me while whispering the last part and glared at Jihyun at the corner of her eyes.

"Anyways, which guy offered you by handing you this sweater? " Jennie said while wiggled her eyebrows.

Uh-Oh. What am i gonna tell them.

"U-uh it's just my father's old sweater that i took last week and kept in my locker" I lied horribly.

"Is it?  Better not be lying" Lisa smirked playfully.

Why am I so bad at lying. I slapped myself mentally.

"No I won't " I smiled and that assured them.

Personally , i always feel like i am not the right type of person to be their best friend. They are so pretty and popular. They both even got offered by the big 3's as their trainees. But they always refuse it, since they need to inherite their family's company.

Jennie's father is the owner of a tech company and Lisa's family is the inheritors of a quite famous car company.

So I tried and tell them what I felt for all of these years

"Hey you know I have been thinking about this lately, I know this is random but you guys are just way too good and outta my league to be my friend" I confessed my feelings to the both of them, frowning my face.

They deserve a friend who would not ruin their pride. I'm just an ordinary person. There is nothing special about me.

"Yeoreum. Why are saying this nonsense. Is there something wrong?  Did we did something that hurt you?" Lisa said to me with a concerned voice. I shaked my head.

"No, it's just-"

I tried to explain myself but suddenly Jennie cuts me off.

"Hey, you know what? Looks, position and fame isn't everything. Nothing about appearance ever counts in choosing friends. The most important thing is that we can help, forgive, understand and connect to each other. You are the strongest friend i have ever known." Jennie said while looking at the sky through the class window.

"Everyone has their own specialty and the most important thing is everyone deserves to be loved. Hatred exist because there is an absence of love. You are good enough to be my friend Yeoreum. You are clever, you understands us even in the rough times. " Lisa said to me with a motivated face.

I was quite shocked because Lisa is not the type of person who could express her emotions.

"I don't know how to repay all of your doings, so don't ever say or even think about not being enough for us okay?" Lisa smiled to me.

They both pulled out their fist and bump our fists together.

Maybe they are just right for me. Huh, I should be thankful for having them by my side.

Suddenly Jennie's face lighten up and said "Let's pay Yeoreum's hardwork by hanging out after school at my favourite restaurant"

"Yeahhh! Let's gooo" I  shouted out of excitement. 

**********************

I ran out of class to call my mother.

"Hello, Eomma. I come back home quite late today. Can I?" I asked her.

"Uh uh, Okay. I'm coming back late today too so eat fully because I am not going to cook" She answered me.

"Thanks! and byee" I ended the call. I am very happy because she allowed me to have some fun. 

Since my father went to work at Europe for this year, I am kinda free to go out with my friends. If he is here, I would always decline all types of social activities because I know the answer would always be "No"

Suddenly I realised someone was eavesdropping my conversation with my mum.

I realised it's Vernon.

"Seems like someone is the only child huh" he said while smirking.

"How did you know?!? " I said purely shocked. What is he? Did he just stalked my whole entire life.

"No one would ask permission from their parents to be late at home at 17" he said with a "areyouserious" look on his face.

"Me, Duhh. We are still not legal you know. " I said with a poker face.

He literallly doesn't understand the definition of having an overprotective parents.

"Lol, whatever. Where are you going anyways?" He asked.

What a busybody. But wait, I'm borrowing his sweater so gotta be nice.

"I am gonna hangout with my friends at the city" I said while playing with my phone.

"So.. Can i borrow this sweater for a day. I promise give it to you tomorrow?" I asked him politely.

"Yeah, just take it. I have plenty of them anyways" he said.

"No, I am just gotta wash it tonight and give it back to you" I said while rejecting the sweater he gave.

"No, just take-"

Before he could finish his sentence I waved him bye and went to my locker.

************************

We arrived at Jennie's favourite restaurant. Wow. It is so big and expensive. It looks like a 5 star candlelight dinner.

"Wow, you must spend too much money for me. But i totally deserved it" I said while making a proud face.

"Of course you do, paboya " Lisa playfully smacked my head.

I took the drink nearby and drinks the expensive red wine slowly.

Suddenly out if nowhere Jennie asked me an unexpected question.

"I feel there is something about Mingyu." She said with a curious tone. 
My face froze. What is she talking about?

"Just now, I saw he was staring at Vernon for awhile. Vernon looks like he was talking to someone." She explained to us.

I choked on the wine that i drank.

Was that me? What the.

"Are you okay? Be careful gurl" Jennie said while handing me a napkin.

"Who do you think it was?" Lisa asked

I felt my heart racing. No. Don't.

"I think I just saw the hair. But I am pretty sure it was a girl" Jennie said.

"What? I bet she is pretty" Lisa said with a frown on her face since she said she likes Vernon.

I am completely frozen. This is just surreal. I am so confused.

Why would Mingyu stare at me. Uhh just let it go.

***********************

It's 7 pm

I walked home with Lisa because Jennie have some family problems so she left earlier.

Suddenly Lisa asked me.

"Yeoreum,who would you think it is" she said out of curiosity.

"What?" I said because i don't know what was she talking about.

"The girl that Vernon talked to" she said looking at me.

Not this again. But this is clearly bothering her.

"I-I don't know, must be some random friends he have, there is nothing with them I guess" I lied to her.

I don't wanna hurt her feelings. B-But I have nothing to do with him. Right?

After a few minutes, we arrived at Lisa's house.

I waved Lisa goodbye.

I huffed. I lied a lot today huh. What a .

Suddenly while walking home, I saw mingyu in his jacket walking home. He was hearing songs through his earphones.

My heart stops at the perfect sight.

I followed him by walking slowly behind him.

Ahh so here is his neighborhood. It's just a few meters away from my house.

Suddenly, he stops walking. I panicked.

I saw a big electric box by the streets and hid behind it.

tt.

The sweater fell of my skirt and landed right behind him. I swear to my self. He turned around and start feeling weird.

I am 99% sure that he saw the damn sweater. I am so clumsy and stupid for following him.

I shut my eyes tightly.

Suddenly,

There was a tap by my shoulder.

I am officially doomed. Please don't..

***************************

Author's note: Hey guys, sorry for the late update. Btw sorry for the long and lame chapter. 

I just wanna ask you guys, who is the girl that you imagine as Yeoreum? Lmao

Thanks for reading. Please wait for the next update - Doodle