003

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 1 - Untangle the Bloody Red Strings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID3]HARSH AND HARSHER[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID2]Jang Jaein ft Nashow - Auditory Hallucination (Kill Me Heal Me OST)
[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID1]A week went by since the first day Seungcheol arrived at the Lee mansion. He never saw any other Lee except for Jihoon and Chan. That question was answered by Chan somehow without Seungcheol asked directly, their mother already passed away for few years and his father lived in the hotel that owned by the Lee as the father managed that hotel while the whole other part of Lee Empire was managed by Jihoon. Seungcheol often saw Jeonghan around at any hours. Despite working as a doctor in Yoon Medical centre, Jeonghan had many free times as he had been assigned to work as Lee’s personal doctors after his father.

His tasks as Jihoon’s servant were just same like the first day. Cooking his meals, entertaining him (he still chose singing because he didn’t know anything else, Jihoon didn’t ask anything more yet) if he was asked to do so and receiving slaps or hits if he did some wrong in Jihoon’s eyes. The cycle went on and on, at times his bruises on his face were visible that Chan had secretly went into his room at night to apply some medicine on the bruises. Seungcheol had scolded him for that but Chan never listen and assure they will be fine if Jihoon found out because Chan knew what to do.

Today was just another day; Seungcheol was already up at 5 am to prepare Jihoon’s breakfast. At 6 am, Seokmin will come into the kitchen to prepare meals for Chan and the other working people in the big mansion. The sleepy Seokmin greeted Seungcheol like usual. Seungcheol smiled and greeted him back before continuing to do his job. The two worked in silent as Seungcheol was still being careful not to talk too much with others while Seokmin just didn’t have much mood to start a conversation today. He was tired after a trip back to his hometown yesterday, his mother was sick.

When it’s 6.30 am, Seungcheol finished cooking the breakfast and placed everything on the tray. He pushed it out from the kitchen and to the dining hall. He pushed it open and found out there’s no one. He wrinkled because usually sharp at 6.30 am, Jihoon will be there with Mingyu waiting for his breakfast. Getting Jihoon awake and get ready was not his task. Seungcheol took the plates on the tray and set it on the table. He glanced at the wall clock and looked around the quiet hall. He decided to wait for 5 minutes there. Just then, someone opened the door. “Eh? There’s no one?” Seungcheol heard Chan’s voice.

“Chan.”

“Where’s hyung?”

“I’m not sure; I’m waiting for master too.” Seungcheol answered. Chan came to sit. “You’re early, Chan.”

“I need to go to the college today during lunch. Ah, can you help me to notify Junhwi hyung? I forget to tell him yesterday.” Seungcheol nodded. As Chan never had a servant, butler or assistant with him, he often used one of the bodyguards as his accompany and driver. Most of the time, Junhwi was the one who followed him around. The bodyguard had been his unofficial assistant somehow.

Seungcheol glanced at the clock. It’s almost 7 am already. Seokmin then came into the dining hall with Chan’s breakfast. “I’m sorry, I’m late Chan.” Chan nodded.

“I heard you went back to your house yesterday so I understand.” Seokmin smiled and served the food. Just then he realized the food for Jihoon was still there and Seungcheol was standing there as well.

“Seungcheol hyung? Master is not here yet?” Seungcheol nodded. Seokmin looked at him before turning to Chan. Chan shook his head as if he knew what Seokmin was about to ask. The chef wrinkled then counted the days in his head. He raised his brow. “Is it today 18th June?” Seokmin asked. Chan nodded.

“Yeah, why?” Seokmin frowned and turned to Seungcheol.

“Seungcheol, pack those breakfast and search for Mingyu at the north wing. Quick, I’m sure they’re still there.” Seungcheol blinked, still confused but moved eventually at the order. Chan watched Seungcheol’s leave and turned to Seokmin.

“What happened here, hyung?” Seokmin sighed.

“I forgot something important to tell Seungcheol hyung about master. Oh my god.” Chan wrinkled.

“Seokmin hyung?”

“Every 22 days, Master Jihoon will not be home.” Chan titled his head. He tried to remember about it.

“I know he have a day he won’t be home, but it has a certain gap of days?” Seokmin nodded. “What was that for?” Seokmin bit his lips.

“I’m sorry, Chan. I can’t say anything more than that. I’m very sorry.” Chan pouted.

“It’s a secret?” Seokmin nodded. “Okay, I will try to find out myself.” Seokmin exhaled.

“Please no, Chan. I will be in trouble if-”

“Don’t worry.” Chan smiled and Seokmin sighed. He hoped his master won’t be suspicious of him if Chan was able to find out.

 

 

“Mingyu ssi.” Mingyu turned as he was about to get in the car. He saw Seungcheol was running towards him. Mingyu titled his head.

“What’s it?” Seungcheol handed the packed breakfast.

“I made a breakfast for master but he didn’t come down.” Mingyu blinked and took the packed box. He soon realized with something.

“Ah, um. Regarding this, you can ask about it to Seokmin. I’m late, I will be going.” Mingyu said and got into the car when Seungcheol nodded and bowed down. The car left after that. Seungcheol just watched it leaving before getting into the mansion. He walked back into the kitchen and saw Seokmin already there.

“Did you manage to catch up with Mingyu?” Seungcheol nodded.

“Mingyu said to ask you.” Seokmin nodded and told Seungcheol about it. “Where did master go? When did master go out? As I remember, I’m in the master room until midnight last night.” Seokmin smiled.

“Must be after master dismissed you. I can’t really tell you where but just know that you don’t need to do his breakfast on that certain morning.” Seungcheol nodded. “Come, it’s time for us to eat.” Seokmin said and beckoned Seungcheol to follow him. Both of them walked out from the kitchen and into the small room beside the kitchen. It was the room for the workers in the house to have some rest or having meals. The others were already there and greeted the chef and the servant. They ate together after that.

 

 

“Master.” Mingyu bowed. Jihoon turned as he was wearing his coat.

“You’re here.” Jihoon fixed his sleeves. “I can sense this time father will drag me for a breakfast not just with him alone.” Mingyu just listened. When Jihoon turned to his tall assistant, he noticed the packed box. “What is that?” Mingyu startled and looked at Jihoon. He noticed Jihoon was asking about the box.

“Oh. It’s from the slave. I guess Seokmin ssi forgot to tell him not to cook breakfast to you at morning like today. He packed this and gave it to me before I leave.” Jihoon nodded. He glanced at the clock.

“Unpack and serve it to me. I want to go down a bit later. Let just father waits for me, I don’t care.” Mingyu gulped and nodded. He knew Jihoon wasn’t supposed to go against his father or he would receive a great wrath from the big master but ever since Jihoon took over his father’s place, Jihoon seemed like he wasn’t scared of his father anymore. Very different from past.

Mr Lee was well-known with his short and hot temper. When Jihoon was decided to take over the whole empire, Mr Lee had been harsher on his first son. Mingyu was once saw Jihoon was physically abused when the small guy was still in college and he often went against the father because he didn’t want to take over the empire. Jihoon aimed and dreamed to be a musician but Mr Lee would never agree and that’s how the history lies. Jihoon was forced to learn business and management skills, at times he was abused by the father for being rebellious. Mingyu wanted to protect Jihoon but he’s just an assistant, he couldn’t do anything. Even when he loves Jihoon and he wanted to protect Jihoon, he’s powerless. So he kept quiet together with his feelings for Jihoon. He stayed by Jihoon’s side, helping where he could while kept his feelings at bay. He’s the one who saw closely how Jihoon changed little by little, from a sweet and obedient boy to a cruel, heartless male and now even knew how to go against his father. Jihoon was no longer scared of his father but there’s still something that held back Jihoon from spreading his wings out of his father’s.

Mingyu brought the breakfast to Jihoon who was sitting on the couch while reading something on his I-pad. The aroma of freshly made toast and eggrolls filled the room when Mingyu placed the plate on the coffee table. He already made a coffee for Jihoon. Jihoon glanced and took the toast into his mouth. “Did you see father when you went up here?” Mingyu shook his head.

“Master Lee didn’t come down yet as told by the receptionist.” Jihoon nodded. “What time you planned to go down, master?” Jihoon munched his toast. Mingyu waited.

“I have meeting with Jisoo on 11?” Mingyu nodded. “Contact him and ask whether he could have meeting at the mansion instead. Call up Wonwoo and tell him to bring all the documents needed my attention today to the mansion because I don’t feel I want to go to the office today after meeting father.” Mingyu nodded again. “And tell me when it’s already 10. We will just show up and rush away with the reason I have meetings.”

“I know you would try that trick.” Mingyu startled and Jihoon scoffed as he heard that voice.

“How did you know I’m here?” A male stepped in with another male trailed behind him.

“Aren’t you always at the same room every time you need to stay a night here?” Jihoon rolled his eyes and ignored the unwanted guests. “Oh, I see you already have breakfast in here.”

“Doha, I don’t see the need for you to come here.” Jihoon sent a glare to the male. The male just smiled.

“You’re still not calling me with hyung, okay.” Doha just shrugged. He beckoned the male behind him. His assistant aka butler inched closer. “Youngdoo, tell father I met Jihoon already so he could go and have breakfast with Mr Lee together.” The butler nodded and pulled out his phone. Doha turned to the small guy at the couch. “I come here with a purpose.” Jihoon raised his brow.

“If it’s the same old thing, I don’t want to listen.” Jihoon stood up as he lost his appetite to eat. He was cursing anyone that let Doha knew about this room. Doha stepped closer. He stopped Jihoon who was intended to get away.

“You need to listen. You know both of us didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter