015

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 1 - Untangle the Bloody Red Strings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID3]THE TRUTH[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID2]10cm - My Eyes (Goblin OST)
[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID1]“How you ended up here?” Seungcheol startled. It had been a long time of him being alone in the place that he didn’t recognize. Tall grass and a vast lake, the sun can’t be seen but the surrounding was dimmed just perfect for Seungcheol to see his reflection on the water and he couldn’t determine how long he had been there because there’s no track of time. When he turned, he frowned when he saw the version of himself but slightly different in style. Seungcheol tried to match this version of his in his memory. “I’m from future so you never see me yet.” As if the other knew what he was thinking, the future Seungcheol answered.

“Oh. Where is this place? I don’t know how I stuck in here too. When I woke, I was by this lake. I don’t know where to go and I’m afraid to move recklessly.” Seungcheol answered. The future Seungcheol sat beside him by the lake.

“I’m not sure what is this place called but all of us, your past lives I mean, will stop by this lake then carried on their journey into that cave while the future will come out from that cave too to continue the next life.” The future Seungcheol pointed to somewhere. Seungcheol turned but he couldn’t see any cave.

“There’s nothing there but trees?” The future Seungcheol wrinkled.

“You couldn’t see it? I’m actually coming out from it. You can meet all of your lives there. The future ones are in there too; I’m the last one of you to exist. There is one life in between us.” Seungcheol shook his head.

“No, I can’t see it. I thought I’m alone here and I don’t dare to go anywhere because I’m afraid.” Seungcheol bit his lips. “What is this?”

The future Seungcheol looked up to the lake as if he saw something. “Do you see the bubbles in the middle of the lake?” Seungcheol turned to the lake and narrowed his eyes. He shook his head when he couldn’t see it. The future Seungcheol gasped. “You’re not dead yet then.”

“Dead?”

“The bubbles were spirits of dead animals, only dead people could see that. I’m not sure why you ended up and stuck here but as you can’t see the bubbles or the cave, I think you’re not dead yet.” The future Seungcheol said. “Wait for a while; I’m going to call the rest.” Seungcheol startled when the future Seungcheol suddenly disappeared and reappeared in few moments.

“What-”

“I transported into the cave with the spirit ability. The rest is here now.” Seungcheol looked up and saw few familiar versions of him and another one that he never saw before.

“Oh. You.” The past Seungcheol who was a doctor recognized Seungcheol. “I sent you off when you’re on the way to the birth’s gate. Do you remember?”

“That’s not a dream…” Seungcheol just realized. There’s pigments of memories in him that he couldn’t clearly remembered and somehow it was quite weird as a normal human to accept, the background was too fantasy-like and Seungcheol concluded it was just a dream. But he could remember the image of him in those dreams and the doctor Seungcheol was one of those.

“That’s right. You’re actually from this place also before you were born and forget about this place. Once you’re dead in your timeline, you will automatically remember everything about this place and your life too.”  The other future Seungcheol said. Seungcheol got up.

“Why I’m here?”

“We’re not sure. But we think you’re not dead.” The idol Seungcheol said as he smiled to Seungcheol. “We have met in your dream.” Seungcheol nodded. He remembered most of the idol Seungcheol’s life compared to the other past lives.

“Maknae, why you wake me up?” A groggy, grumpy voice heard and they turned. Seungcheol looked over as they made a way to the newcomer to come in the circle. The newcomer glared at the future Seungcheol just now as he stood closer. “I’m very tired after putting up with the keeper’s all day and I want to sleep.”

“Hyungnim… this is-” The future Seungcheol said in very polite manner made the newcomer scoffed as he turned to the direction the future showed. His eyes met Seungcheol.

“You- you already dead? No… wait. It wasn’t supposed to happen yet. I would get a sign a week before your death.” The newcomer said as he pointed to Seungcheol. Seungcheol blinked.

“I’m not sure I’m dead yet or not.”

“Hyungnim, we think he’s not because he can’t see the bubble.” The future Seungcheol said. The newcomer wrinkled and stared at Seungcheol.

“Do you know me?” Seungcheol tried to match the newcomer with the past lives in his memories. Trying hard, he shook his head. “You’re not dead yet, then.”

“Why? Which life are you?” Seungcheol questioned. The newcomer took a breath.

“I’m the beginning, the eldest. The one who made mistakes that leads the bad fate of us and Jihoon.” The other looked down, clenching the fist. The eldest past Seungcheol exhaled. “I’m sorry.”

“We’re long ago over that topic.” The werewolf Seungcheol voiced out. The two who are the future didn’t say anything as they’re yet to know the feelings.

“I’m feeling very sorry to you, slave Seungcheol.” The eldest said.

“I’m in fault for that, hyungnim.” The painter Seungcheol said. Seungcheol noticed him, remembering him as the one who wished for his unfortunate life.

“But I’m the root of the problem. I shouldn’t make the agreement with devil for saving Jihoon in that life. I’m being greedy and all of you suffered.” The eldest looked at Seungcheol. “And you have the worst.”

Seungcheol couldn’t say anything because he didn’t know what to say. He couldn’t deny it was hard in his life but he couldn’t blame them either because he understood their feelings as he would do the same if he was in their place. “I have heard from the keeper that there will be one of us managed to break the curse the devil placed in our fate with Jihoon but until now we didn’t know who.” The eldest said after few moments of silence.

“We concluded it was the maknae.” The king’s servant Seungcheol said. Seungcheol looked at the future Seungcheol. He just smiled.

“It’s just an assumption.”

“So after all my sufferings, there will be a slight chance that I will end up the same?” Seungcheol questioned, slightly raised his voice. The eldest looked down.

“I’m sorry, slave Seungcheol.” Seungcheol clenched his fist. He flopped down on the ground and hugged his knees, sobbing. The others looked at him solemnly, feeling bad but they knew they couldn’t say anything to comfort him. Everybody stayed silent, letting Seungcheol to cry out his pain.

 

 

Jihoon woke up as he felt a pat on his back, calling him to wake up. His eyes caught Seungcheol who was sleeping peacefully on the bed. The smaller turned and saw Jeonghan. “I need to make inspections on his wound and some nurses will help me. I need you to step out for a while, Jihoon.” Jihoon nodded and got up, giving spaces for Jeonghan and the coming nurses to attend Seungcheol. He got out from the ward, waiting outside.

“You looked very peacefully right now, Seungcheol.” Jeonghan said after he’s done with the check-ups and the nurses were leaving. Jeonghan touched Seungcheol’s wrapped head softly. “But I really wish you come back fast. I think Jihoon is waiting for you.” Jeonghan flashed a smile. He pulled back his hand when the door was opened. Jihoon stepped inside.

“You’re coming often in these days.” Jihoon commented as he sat. Jeonghan just nodded.

“His doctor was away for a seminar. I’m replacing him. Well, you don’t mind right?” Jihoon didn’t say anything. “Jihoon, I heard about what happened that day from Mingyu. So, Soonyoung…”

“I won’t do anything until Seungcheol woke up. He will judge what will happen to him.” Jihoon said in monotone. Jeonghan nodded.

“Okay, then. But did he ever come here, Jihoon?” Jihoon shook his head.

“I don’t see him around.”

“Okay, I’m sorry for asking. It’s just I’m curious and I didn’t see Mingyu often now so… anyway, I have patients to see, meet you again Jihoon.” Jeonghan said and left. The room was once again silence. Jihoon looked at the peaceful face.

“I really hope when you’re back, you won’t forgive Soonyoung easily. Because I feel I should be mad at him but I can’t do as much as I wanted. Please do that for me.” Jihoon said and turned to the window, not knowing what he should say anymore.

As Seungcheol’s doctor was away for about four days, Jeonghan kept coming to check up on Seungcheol and the doctor saw much of Jihoon in those days. They didn’t talk much but Jeonghan could feel the invisible tension before had dissipated bit by bit. Not to say, Jeonghan noticed Jihoon did almost never leave Seungcheol’s side. The meal for him also had been brought by the nurse who Jeonghan thought it might be Jihoon asked for that service. Technically, not even once he saw Jihoon was away from the ward and he sensed something very familiar when he watched Jihoon for long. Jeonghan wasn’t really convinced but he noticed the old Jihoon he knew somehow was there beside Seungcheol.

The last day of covering for Seungcheol’s doctor, Jeonghan noticed Soonyoung peeked into Seungcheol’s ward through the glass on the door, contemplating to get in. Jeonghan watched him for a while and saw Soonyoung turned to leave. The doctor marched behind the cousin of Jihoon, following the guy until they reached the center’s café. Jeonghan decided to talk with Soonyoung when he felt Soonyoung was backing out from meeting Jihoon or Seungcheol. “Soonyoung.” The guy flinched and halted in his steps. He didn’t turn. Jeonghan held the shoulder, preventing Soonyoung from leaving. “You’re here.”

“Jeonghan hyung… can you just pretend you didn’t see me? Please.” Jeonghan exhaled. Just like what he thought, Soonyoung tried to run.

“I can do that. But can you spend some time with me? Let’s grab a coffee.” Jeonghan said with a smile. “We get a hidden place, don’t worry. Well, Jihoon technically never come here as well so don’t worry.” Soonyoung bit his lips thinking and nodded after. It had been so long since he last talked to Jeonghan and somehow he just couldn’t refuse the elder. So he followed Jeonghan who was getting them two cups of coffee and then got a seat that far away from the crowd and view. They sat down facing each other. “So how are you? I really can’t remember when it’s the last time we saw each other.”

Soonyoung settled his hands on the table. “My graduation day, you come.” Jeonghan formed an O. “We’re kind of…”

“I know. It’s okay, it’s not our fault anyway.” Soonyoung exhaled.

“Yes, it isn’t us. It’s Jihoon’s.” Jeonghan looked at Soonyoung.

“I’m not really agreed with that but I don’t disagree either. But holding onto the grudge is the worst part of losing.” Soonyoung looked up. Jeonghan took a breath. “I just hope you could slowly stop hating Jihoon. You know Jihoon for so long. I admit I hate the way he changed, and I know you hate it too. But I believe our Jihoon is not completely gone. It’s just we need to do something to get him back. But not the way you’re doing.” Soonyoung scoffed.

“Look, I-”

“I heard that you like Seungcheol.” Soonyoung froze and his sentence was cut off like that. Jeonghan stared at the younger. “I admit Seungcheol is something, he’s a good catch. I don’t like him that way, okay, but I can tell his charm. But you can’t force someone to stay with you or like you back.” Jeonghan said softly and sipped his Americano. “And as far as I know, Seungcheol is very likely to stay with Jihoon forever. Seungcheol is a loyal slave.”

“I just- Jihoon didn’t treat Seungcheol well and I can’t take that.” Jeonghan exhaled.

“You should go with a better way, not kidnapping him and irritated Jihoon.” Soonyoung looked down.

“The incident… I didn’t mean it to happen. I would never want Seungcheol to get hurt. I sincerely like him.” Jeonghan nodded.

“I know that. I’m talking to you not because I want to make you feel guilty. What happened to Seungcheol is an accident;

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter