Extra 01

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 1 - Untangle the Bloody Red Strings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID3]CHAN'S MEMORY[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID2] [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID1]“Babe, may I come in?” Jihoon looked up from his laptop. His husband of three months stood at the door. He gave a warm smile and nodded.

“Come, I need a break too.” Seungcheol smiled and walked in. Jihoon moved his seat and pulled Seungcheol to sit on his laps. He peppered his husband with a kiss. “I love you, my hubby.” Seungcheol giggled.

“I know.” Seungcheol gave a kiss on Jihoon’s lips. “And I love you too.” They shared a soft smile before Seungcheol threw his gaze on the working table. “Is there many to do?”

“Not much. I’m just reviewing the new contract Wonwoo sent to me just now. The other works are already done.” Seungcheol nodded and turned to Jihoon again.

“Dear.” Jihoon hummed as he nuzzled into Seungcheol’s crook of neck. “Do you remember what day is tomorrow?” Jihoon looked at Seungcheol.

“What? Do I miss a celebration date with you? We hit off our third months four days ago. Our birthday is already passed.” Jihoon stared at Seungcheol. “Did I forget something?” Seungcheol chuckled.

“Jihoonie. The hotel room. Your 22 days.” Jihoon blinked.

“Oh.” Jihoon palmed Seungcheol’s cheeks. “Will you follow me this time? I have been asking you since the first time of that day came after our wedding.” Seungcheol smiled softly.

“It’s your special time with your mother. Rather than me, you should bring Chan with you, babe.” Jihoon exhaled.

“Baby, my dear husband. I told you… it’s better Chan doesn’t remember about that. It will leave scar and he’s now living happily.” Seungcheol cupped Jihoon’s face.

“He deserves to remember. It’s his memory of his mother. Chan has the right to remember and reminisce, just like you have always done.” Jihoon bit his lips.

“What I deserve to remember?” The couple turned to the door. Chan was standing there, stepping inside. Seungcheol just remembered he didn’t shut the door. He got up from Jihoon’s lap looking at his brother-in-law.

“Why you’re in my chamber, Chan ah?” Jihoon tried to divert the question away. Chan stared at his brother.

“Mr. Oh accidentally put your mail with mine so I came to return it.” Chan put it on the table. “Answer me hyung, I know you try to get away from the question.” Chan looked at Seungcheol. “Tell me?” Seungcheol bit his lips.

“I have no right, Chan. Ji?” Seungcheol stared at Jihoon, telling him to tell the younger. Jihoon sighed and nodded in defeat. Seungcheol smiled and bent down to kiss Jihoon’s cheek. “I will leave you two to have time alone.” Seungcheol said, was about to walk away when Jihoon took his hand.

“No, stay baby.” Jihoon said. Seungcheol tilted his head but then nodded. Jihoon turned to Chan. “Sit.” Chan took the seat while Jihoon pulled Seungcheol to sit back on his lap. Chan didn’t say anything, already used seeing his brother and the husband so loving. He was happy for his brother.

“So, hyung. What is it?”

“You know I always spend a night out?” Chan blinked. He remembered something at the back of his head that he forgot to find out.

“Oh yeah, that 22 days. I heard from Seokmin hyung once.” Chan looked at his brother. “Why?”

“In 22 days, we used to follow mommy to stay in the hotel that father owned.” Jihoon looked at Chan, studying his expression. Seungcheol remained silent through the way but he noticed Jihoon was a little tense. So he rubbed his husband’s arm for soothing him. Jihoon continued when Chan was absorbing his word. “There’s one room that we always stay for a night. I can’t remember when it’s started but both of us and mommy will go there every 22 days without a miss. You’re young; you’re just following around and loved the place because we’re all sleeping on the same bed. You’re so closed with mommy.”

“Why I can’t remember anything?” Chan looked at his brother. “You know, I actually only had a vague memory of what mommy looks like, feels like. I can’t remember her clearly without a photo.” Chan said. Jihoon nodded.

“I know.” Jihoon took a breath. “There’s something happened that make you unconsciously erased mommy from your memory.” Chan wrinkled.

“Why?”

“We both love the night we spent there more than the time we’re home.” Jihoon paused. “You’re always afraid of father and never feel peace when he’s around. That’s why you stuck with mommy more. While I often see they fought at night, I dislike father because of that. So we love the room where only three of us would be there. You’re always getting excited near to our visit.” Jihoon smiled bitterly. “And the night before your sixth birthday that falls on our visit, mommy decided to celebrate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter