014

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 1 - Untangle the Bloody Red Strings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID3]OF YOU AND ME[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID2]Vixx - Blue Blossom
[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID1]“Yah, you make me stay here for a day.” Wonwoo whined when he saw Jihoon came into the room just before the sun set completely at the horizon. Jihoon just stared at Wonwoo blankly.

“Sorry, I have to take care of everything.” Wonwoo stood up from the seat, giving space for Jihoon to sit down. Jihoon’s eyes fell on Seungcheol. “Anything?”

“Doctors and nurse just came making their rounds as usual. His doctor said the condition had been better and they will make a scan tomorrow to see the swollen part. If it’s getting better, he will be moved to the normal ward right after.” Wonwoo reported and Jihoon nodded. “Jihoon.” Jihoon hummed. “You mention to me… you’re going to take a break.” Jihoon nodded.

“Not a complete break, I will still go to the company time by time. But most of the things, Chan will be attending on my behalf.”

“Why?” Wonwoo asked. Jihoon exhaled.

“You’re one of the people know that I don’t like questions.” Wonwoo huffed.

“But I know the answer; just I want to hear it from your mouth.” Jihoon scoffed at Wonwoo.

“The door is there.” Wonwoo clicked his tongue.

“You’re mean. I help you take care of him even though there’s not much to do.”

“Someone needs to make sure his safety.” Wonwoo exhaled. He patted Jihoon’s head who then glared angrily at the other. Wonwoo just smiled.

“Let me be just happy with those words that implied my guessing.” Jihoon furrowed his brows. Wonwoo shrugged and walked to the door before turning again. “Do I have rewards for your errand today?” Jihoon scoffed.

“Mingyu perhaps is still at the lounge if you’re fast enough.” Wonwoo laughed and thanked him before storming out. Jihoon just shook his head. He had known it might be almost zero chance for Wonwoo to get Mingyu’s attention as long as Mingyu still harbored feelings for him but he had a bit belief that Wonwoo is capable to turn away Mingyu’s attention. He didn’t know why exactly he felt that but he was sure if there’s someone could change Mingyu’s heart and that person would be Wonwoo.

Jihoon continued to stare at Seungcheol. He didn’t know what to say but he felt better if he saw Seungcheol before him. That’s the reason why he decided to spend more time in the hospital. He couldn’t let his position empty for so long because he didn’t know when Seungcheol will wake up. That’s the reason why he put Chan to temporarily fill his position. He had meetings with the shareholders and few important people to announce his break and Chan to fill his position earlier, some of them questioned his reason but he as usual didn’t answer anything. He appointed Wonwoo as Chan’s helper, thus he wouldn’t involve much during his break because he could trust Wonwoo. Half of his power went to Wonwoo and half on Chan; he knew they will work fine. And as he promised to Chan, he will monitor them through Mingyu. While for the workers in his mansion, he had long ago wanted to do that but he never find the right time. Now that he might be absent from the mansion quite long and his father was no longer the rightful owner of the mansion but him, so he finally did it today.

Since he was harshly treated by his father so that all people will bow to him, he kept hatred on the community’s mind about the society pyramid. He really despised that moreover the mind-set of the riches shouldn’t fall in love with the commoner, if they do and get married, the riches was no longer looked upon and some of them got disregard by their own family. Jihoon had witnessed his elder cousin got chase out from the house because he got married secretly to a girl from commoner’s family. He didn’t see his cousin regretted his decision and someone they lived happily outside. Since then Jihoon believed, if there’s a true love then happiness will be there no matter how hard life had brought upon. That’s the reason why he got Doha and Youngdoo together because he could see how they had love each other even though he didn’t see them much but he’s not blind. Even Mingyu who tried hard not to show his feelings, he could know by looking. People could call him genius or something, but it’s just he’s more keen and observant than normal people.

But apparently, he couldn’t see what Seungcheol felt for him.

The night just passed like that and Jihoon again woke up when the sun shone on his skin. There’s no one in the room when he rubbed his eyes and yawned. The steady breathing and beeping from the machine had calm down Jihoon’s morning and the smaller stretched his body. His phone rang and he picked it up. “Hello?”

“Hyung.”

“Yes, why?” Jihoon just noticed it was Chan. A troubled and messy sigh heard from the other line.

“You told me it will not be much, but this is too much! Not to mention the boring meetings.” Chan whined and Jihoon could hear familiar voices beside his brother. “Hyung, I never know your work is this hard.” Jihoon couldn’t help it but chuckled. Chan on the other line froze. It had been long since Jihoon laughed. Noticing the silence, Jihoon stopped and cleared his throat.

“Wonwoo is there to help you, right?” Chan took a moment to scoff to the answer, as if he was recovering from the earlier shock. Jihoon didn’t press on it; he didn’t realize he was laughing either.

“More like bickering with Mingyu hyung? Yeah, so much helping me.”

“What you need to do now?”

“A stack of files need to be approved, few files to be reviewed, and there are few emails regarding new project that I didn’t even understand. How many company we have under this empire actually?” Jihoon just smiled as his eyes fell on the stiff body.

“I’m sorry to pass it to you without really give you some time to get exposed. I will remind Wonwoo to properly help you, he’s just too hooked with Mingyu… you need to understand that but just threatened him with something then rewards him with a break time with Mingyu you could get his help better after that. You can take it slow, Chan. No one will rush you unless the approval and review are almost due.”

“There are few.”

“You can do it, don’t worry. Get a better control on Wonwoo and you can get all done by today.” Chan sighed on the other line. Jihoon didn’t hide his smile.

“Okay.” Jihoon was about to end the call when Chan called his name. “Jihoon hyung.”

“Yes?”

“I’m proud of you that you managed to do all of this. You might… you cannot help it when you’re being colder and ignored me most of the time. I understand a little and I’m sorry to get mad at you before.” Jihoon stunned. Chan didn’t wait for Jihoon to say something as he just said bye and hung up. Jihoon stared at the phone for a while and sighed. ‘You don’t need to apologize. The one who made me like this is now rotting in the jail.’

 

 

Seungcheol had been transferred to the normal ward after the lunch. Mingyu had come to check on Jihoon on the lunch with the food because he could guess Jihoon didn’t eat. Wonwoo came with him and Jihoon frowned to see that. “Is Chan alone?” Mingyu bowed.

“I’m sorry, master. I just come to bring you lunch but Wonwoo ssi intended to follow and-”

“Wonwoo.” Wonwoo grinned.

“Chan is doing fine so don’t worry.” Jihoon narrowed his eyes.

“Wonwoo, if Mingyu had to come here next time, will you be following him later and leave Chan again?” Wonwoo scratched his hair.

“Maybe? I would love to follow Mingyu. And Chan is not alone; Junhwi is there with your brother.” Jihoon exhaled and asked Wonwoo to wait outside. Mingyu shifted uncomfortably when he heard that. The tall assistant was afraid Jihoon will scold him. He somehow cursed Wonwoo if he got scolded.

“Mingyu.” Jihoon called after Wonwoo closed the door.

“Yes, master.” Jihoon looked at Mingyu.

“Just serve Chan until I return to the company. I need you to be with Chan rather than me. Chan needs more assist than me right now.” Mingyu blinked.

“But master…”

“I will be fine on my own. I know when to eat and do everything, you don’t need to worry.” Mingyu looked down biting his lips. He could never hide from Jihoon. Jihoon had asked him to stay with Chan more often but he insisted to do assisting for both at the same time that is actually he worried about Jihoon.

“I understand, master.” Jihoon turned to Seungcheol.

“Mingyu.” Jihoon paused. “You’re just like a younger brother to me; I’m incapable to reciprocate your feelings, Mingyu.” Mingyu bit his lips without looking up to Jihoon.

“I know.”  Jihoon looked at Mingyu. “I had known that long ago and I didn’t mind, as long as you’re happy. I feel very sad when you decided to stop seeing Inyoung noona. Because she makes you happy. But I know the reason why you left.”

“Mingyu, we’re talking about you.” Mingyu looked up.

“Master, my feelings… I never wanted it to be mutual. I’m fine.” Jihoon shook his head.

“But I think it is better…”

“Master, I’m seriously…”

“Mingyu, have you been aware of Wonwoo?” Mingyu looked down and nodded lightly. “So you know.”

“But master…”

“I just want you to be happy and I think Wonwoo is a great pair for you. I won’t force you but I just want you to know that I-”

“I understand, master.” Jihoon exhaled and nodded.

“Okay… I’m making it clear because I feel I should do it.” Mingyu looked up and smiled.

“It’s okay, master. Thanks for saying what you wanted.” Jihoon nodded.

“I’m sorry, Mingyu.” Mingyu shook his head.

“From the first time I notice my feeling, I had never wish that you will feel the same so I already am ready for it.” Mingyu smiled again. Jihoon just gave a quiet nod and turned to Seungcheol. He didn’t know what more to say and Mingyu excused himself to leave as he now needed to serve Chan under Jihoon’s order. Wonwoo was waiting for him at the hallway.

“What Jihoon told you?”

“Stick with Chan.” Mingyu said shortly and walked further without waiting for Wonwoo. They came in the different car anyway. Wonwoo walked quickly after Mingyu.

“Mingyu, wait.” Wonwoo caught Mingyu’s wrist. “I’m sorry if you get scolded by Jihoon because of me.”

“Master didn’t.” Mingyu said and pulled his hand from Wonwoo. “He didn’t say anything.” Wonwoo bit his lips.

“Um… okay.” Wonwoo followed behind Mingyu quietly. He felt like Mingyu was mad at him but it seemed like it’s not that but the shorter couldn’t pinpoint the exact thing so he just ignored and did what he always does. Flirt and try to get Mingyu. And as usual Mingyu disliked that but Wonwoo wasn’t a type to give up or he had long ago stopped flirting with Mingyu since

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter